Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i've been laughing like this for a 30 minutes now:

https://twitter.com/borbly_/status/1390870485982867458

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Apraxin posted:

Hope you Scotgoons are ready to feel the love:
https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1391143568006422528

loving come on then, everyone hates you and your weird ghoulish party. Please come up and patronise us more with empty platitudes about how much you love the Scotch and your grouse shooting holidays.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

hmm yes I'm sure he can just say it was a joke and put everything neatly back in the box

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
According to Sky News Sian Berry (Green) picked up 400k second-choice votes, more than double her first-choice, in the London Mayoral Election, which... isn't how that's supposed to work.

Anyway, results are in, Khan won, more comfortably than it was looking yesterday, a *lot* less comfortably than the polls were suggesting just a month ago. Youtube guy (no not the piss-drinking one) got a creditable 5th place.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

loving lol

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

XMNN posted:

hmm yes I'm sure he can just say it was a joke and put everything neatly back in the box

I think the normal outcome is she now becomes foreign secretary?

Rasler
Dec 30, 2008
Reports are coming in that Labour has lost Durham Council, which they've continously held for 100 years.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Lib Dems lost their deposit in the London mayoral race, lol

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Meltdown May is delivering for sure.

Splendid!

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Khan wins.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Rasler posted:

Reports are coming in that Labour has lost Durham Council, which they've continously held for 100 years.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1391150320366018560?s=19

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
ok i spend two days mostly focusing on scotland and i come back to find... what the gently caress is going on down there

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i really expected keith to just be a milliband style wet blanket, i had no idea he was such a complete disaster of a person lol

blues thief
Apr 1, 2013

Angepain posted:

ok i spend two days mostly focusing on scotland and i come back to find... what the gently caress is going on down there

Keir Starmer hosed a dead pig because Mandelson told him it'd make him more electable.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
It's so bizarre how little people learn despite the same bad thing happening again and again

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

According to Sky News Sian Berry (Green) picked up 400k second-choice votes, more than double her first-choice, in the London Mayoral Election, which... isn't how that's supposed to work.

Anyway, results are in, Khan won, more comfortably than it was looking yesterday, a *lot* less comfortably than the polls were suggesting just a month ago. Youtube guy (no not the piss-drinking one) got a creditable 5th place.

There was some concern that the ballot was confusing for people but it could also simply be people putting Khan as their first choice and Sian as their second choice because why not.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
https://twitter.com/Queers4Keir/status/1390322394569613315

Mebh
May 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/gretchenpeters/status/1388860164158152704/photo/1

Impressed Keir Starmer managed to make it to Nashville so quickly.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

chestnut santabag posted:

There was some concern that the ballot was confusing for people but it could also simply be people putting Khan as their first choice and Sian as their second choice because why not.

I mean, Sian was in third so Khan 1 Sian 2 is technically a better vote tactically than just Khan 1 if you don't like the tories and genuinely want Khan to win, it's just that the scenario in which it actually matters is vanishingly unlikely. a vote for people who check they locked the door twice before leaving the house and then go back in to check they turned the oven off

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/tom_watson/status/1391131331237666824?s=19

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Haven't laughed as much in a long time, thanks.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

I'm seeing Kier Starmer in the trolley problem jiggling the lever just the right way to jacknife the train and obliterate everything in sight, including him

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Labour have now officially lost more than 300 councillors and control of 7 councils. Such a shame all the people who voted Labour under Corbyn are now letting their hatred of Corbyn stop them voting for Starmer.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

kyojin posted:

I think the normal outcome is she now becomes foreign secretary?

There was chat that they were going to offer her shadow Home Secretary after punting her from party chairman. Which is stupid enough to be believable

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
this has been a truly special day, Labour showing never-seen-before levels of accidentally clay pigeon shooting its own dick and balls off

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Getting the feeling that Starmer is right now chugging whiskey and muttering "it's always darkest before the dawn" over and over again.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I can't wait for none of my friends to get this

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Gotta give Starmer some credit - it's rare that "catastrofuck" can actually be used in a suitable context, but here we are comrades. Rare times indeed.

A124!
Jun 28, 2009
https://twitter.com/AndyBurnhamGM/status/1391161750448447488
He's running

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
^^^
beaten, here's some other news instead:
https://twitter.com/Joe_C_London/status/1391158428618403851

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1391163215103541255
Right now I don't think Keir has the political capital to make someone get him a coffee.

forkboy84 posted:

There was chat that they were going to offer her shadow Home Secretary after punting her from party chairman. Which is stupid enough to be believable

If this is true, or even if they were going to move her to foreign, it just confirms how unbelievably loving stupid they are. Either of those positions could have been presented as a promotion from the obscure role of 'party chairman'. But instead they briefed she was being sacked, and unleashed chaos.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Gods Bones.

I think I can officially call time on the idea of Starmer being an intelligence agency asset. If he is MI5 is so loving angry at the moment.

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017

Payndz posted:

Getting the feeling that Starmer is right now chugging whiskey and muttering "it's always darkest before the dawn" over and over again.

:same: but whisky.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Oh Kieth (oh Kieth)
What you're feeling now is grief
I hope you like that office though your tenure will be brief
Oh Kieth (oh Kieth)
Don't give the left relief
Putting Jessflaps on the frontbench might pick up some votes in Neath
Oh Kieth (oh Kieth)
Your threats just have no teeth
And we're just wishing that your father had've simply used a sheath
Oh Kieth

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1391164854258618369
The North Remembers

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Josef bugman posted:

Gods Bones.

I think I can officially call time on the idea of Starmer being an intelligence agency asset. If he is MI5 is so loving angry at the moment.

Being an incompetent failure would be evidence for not against, surely

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
In other news, Michael is picking up on the family business from Andrew (no, not that part of the family business... that we know of):

https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/1391079256776663042?s=21

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

Being an incompetent failure would be evidence for not against, surely

he's Wheatley from Portal 2, an artificial life form specifically designed to make the worst decisions possible at all times to compromise the system.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Josef bugman posted:

Gods Bones.

His galactic-scale incompetence would surely be a pretty good indicator that he was a British security services plant, I'd have thought.

What's the deal with Andy Burnham? I mostly remember him as a second-tier New Labour suit, but a quick skim down his wiki page suggests that he's got at least some decent principles and then there's the whole King of the North thing last year.

He seems to be a genuine soft-lefty (rather than a mild liberal calling themselves 'soft left'). He seems like he could be the sort of leader Starmer promised he'd be - palatable to a broad spectrum of the party and, while seemingly a bit of a weathervane, at least a weathervane with the sense to take onboard which way the wind's blowing.

But I'm sure the thread will be able to explain in great detail why he's no better than any of the other high-ups left in the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Tremendous content both in and outside the thread tonight, good god.