Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

I know UK goons are completely unfamiliar with the concept of centrist politicians winning on the basis of a unified left-of-center vote and then delivering on promises made to more left-oriented voters to keep them happy.

It does exist, just not for you. Ask your great-gran about the olden times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

I know UK goons are completely unfamiliar with the concept of centrist politicians winning on the basis of a unified left-of-center vote and then delivering on promises made to more left-oriented voters to keep them happy.

Cerebral Bore posted:

holy poo poo you're a mark lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

I’m American you moron

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

Cerebral Bore posted:

holy poo poo you're a mark lmao

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Where the gently caress is the English Joe biden. Where is he

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the sex ghost posted:

think the closest equivalent in british politics is scottish lol

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

the sex ghost posted:

Racist, actively decaying, for some reason a national institution? It's gotta be Prince Phillip.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

we allowed biden to become our king tho

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tulip posted:

Racist, actively decaying, for some reason a national institution? It's gotta be Prince Phillip.

its alex salmond op

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Greens made it to the run-off for Bristol mayor:
https://twitter.com/Joe_C_London/status/1391158428618403851

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I saw a suggestion that making it to the run off could be great for the tories as it suddenly annuls a ton of labour/green second preferences for the other or something

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

jfc they had to do five recounts and i still don’t know who won my local election

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

for tories, add in a picture of julius caesar getting stabbed

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/mckenp04/status/1391159779951796228?s=21

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I saw this indescribably vile thing so now I'm inflicting it on you

https://twitter.com/papasombra/status/1391137346050039810?s=19

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
:one:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Jose posted:

think the closest equivalent in british politics is scottish lol

What're you smokin', Jack? He's Irish!

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

multijoe posted:

I love Keith's complete meltdown over this suggests he wasn't deliberately running the party into the ground and seems to think he was doing Clever Grownup Politics, which is by far the funniest option

Yes lmao incredible. I thought he was a plant deliberately intent on loving wrecking the party but it looks like hes a true believer. Sent in to hoist on his own petard

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
About the only thing he's missing is for his pants to fall down on live broadcast

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

XMNN posted:

I genuinely think having an affair could only help him, his main problem apart from having no policies or political acumen is the fact he's such a painfully boring dweeb so getting a bit of that Boris energy might help

i mean probably not given the papers will call him a love rat instead of a legend, but it's not like he can sink much further

he would gently caress it up and the daily mail will have headlines like

Loser Labour Boss's broken Kierock starms up his undersecretary!
Sources say he has a small, broken cock! Wife humiliated

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

multijoe posted:

I love Keith's complete meltdown over this suggests he wasn't deliberately running the party into the ground and seems to think he was doing Clever Grownup Politics, which is by far the funniest option

mortons stork posted:

Yes lmao incredible. I thought he was a plant deliberately intent on loving wrecking the party but it looks like hes a true believer. Sent in to hoist on his own petard

centrists share a weird delusion that centrism is insanely popular and they're Very Smart People leading the common rabble for their own good. nothing makes a liberal melt down quite like being faced with hard evidence against that

he is absolutely a plant, but has convinced himself he isn't. tale as old as time

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 09:38 on May 9, 2021

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
What better plant than one who doesn't think they are one?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The hard left put all this poo poo in my pants

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Starmer going for the last minute grasp at being interesting I see.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1391323571948036097?s=19

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
If we can't call Kier an intentional wrecker any more can we at least call Mandelson one

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol there is an insane amount of corruption going on in Croydon related to starmer

https://twitter.com/PhillipsBarrie/status/1391313017250459649?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ok I didn't things could get funnier but one of the mayor positions labour won mean another by-election and supposedly they want Blair to run

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jose posted:

Ok I didn't things could get funnier but one of the mayor positions labour won mean another by-election and supposedly they want Blair to run

I am 1000% down for Blair to try to run the labour party again

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

gonadic io posted:

If we can't call Kier an intentional wrecker any more can we at least call Mandelson one

This is exactly the kind of corbynesque anti-semitism that cost labour this election

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

Jose posted:

where's this from, i didn't think anything could possibly top keith shagger 20 pumps ahead yesterday but blair being parachuted in to lose would be nuclear

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
What if he wins though. I would die laughing and crying

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Blair and kier purging rings around one another in an attempt to create the most electable party of all time

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Communist Thoughts posted:

I am 1000% down for Blair to try to run the labour party again

They should unironically run Blair in this seat, just so we can get past the "only Tony Blair can save the Labour party" message for once and all.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
actual election winner tony blair being parachuted in and immediately demanding to drive the car would be nearly as funny as vampire tony freshly risen from the grave being staked on live tv by a by-election loss

is this some adonis-adjacent frothing? it has to be

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

the sex ghost posted:

Blair and kier purging rings around one another in an attempt to create the most electable party of all time

the levels of 'not now son' would be off the charts

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I won't say much for Blair, but I think he's enough of an operator to know not to expose himself to frontline politics again, especially as Labour could be in its death throes at this point

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

multijoe posted:

I won't say much for Blair, but I think he's enough of an operator to know not to expose himself to frontline politics again, especially as Labour could be in its death throes at this point

its gotta be a battle between knowing that hes got away with literal murder and should keep his head down versus his messiah complex and the yes men who orbit him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm waiting for the announcement that kiers dropping the tired labour branding and just doing change UK but with all the money in another forensic move