Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
when do I sell the millions of dogecoins I have acquired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Snake Dance posted:

yesterday probably

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Lol that big red candle, did he just go on

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

it's really funny watching all the musk fans and dogecoin people realize that SNL sucks

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Can someone liveblog the musk bits I can't bear to watch

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

hahahhahahh

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Protagonist posted:

Can someone liveblog the musk bits I can't bear to watch

his mom said it, not him. price is going through the drat floor

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
Imagine not trading all of your doge for safemoon a few days ago in anticipation of this. Lmao. Morons. Buffoons.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

so he said it and the price didn't budge lmao just lmao

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
as a CFA and a doctor of money who teaches financial physics, i predict that the price will rocket upward soon. the audience members are simply too enraptured by SNL, but as soon as its over theyll get right to buying

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
Just gotta hold

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

are you actually a phd cumshitter? what was your thesis on?

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
these pogs are gonna be worth something, damnit

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

forget pogs, I only want to invest in slammers

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
i have millions of pogs

how do i get slammers tho???

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

are you actually a phd cumshitter? what was your thesis on?

money

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh dang

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

set up direct deposit to pognance.ly, then purchase pogcoin. verify with KFC and then trade to metalmask (but that parts sketchy you might gently caress up a few times and lose your money). Finally, with the internet exploere extension for bitmilk -> cakemix you can trade poggos for $slam (but dont forget the vpn)

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

palindrome posted:

set up direct deposit to pognance.ly, then purchase pogcoin. verify with KFC and then trade to metalmask (but that parts sketchy you might gently caress up a few times and lose your money). Finally, with the internet exploere extension for bitmilk -> cakemix you can trade poggos for $slam (but dont forget the vpn)

source your quotes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Snake Dance posted:

you have to find additional suckers to buy the magical internet coins, just as you were the sucker who bought them from someone else

it's like some kind of scheme

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Yossarian-22 posted:

i've heard that it's less of an issue if you just don't sell anything but idk if that's bullshit or not, and i definitely wouldn't want to be caught lying to the irs, so it's definitely an issue that concerns me

i want to circle back to this. what do you mean its not an issue if you dont sell? how do and the people youre conversing with about taxes define selling?

i ask because it sounds like youre getting advice from people in the crypto community about taxes and that is the last place i would go for tax advice.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

cumshitter posted:

i want to circle back to this. what do you mean its not an issue if you dont sell? how do and the people youre conversing with about taxes define selling?

i ask because it sounds like youre getting advice from people in the crypto community about taxes and that is the last place i would go for tax advice.

i mean selling your holdings for actual us dollars. i imagine that selling one crypto for another or for crypto tether bucks is a transaction worth recording but that literally and truly cashing out would create a potential problem with the irs and would need to be reported

also lol that snl was a flop, but hey he said "dogefather" and my dogefather coin cratered and then rocketed right back up!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Yossarian-22 posted:

i imagine that selling one crypto for another or for crypto tether bucks is a transaction worth recording

it is. its beyond my understanding because i am not an accountant. but if you are exchanging things that have value with another party then you need to account for what you have gained or lost. even if it's a perfect $0.00 exchange you need to document it, because you are exchanging things the IRS considers to be securities like stocks

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

thanks for the guide, i hope it was smart to put my life savings into safemoon

anyway i think the rest of you should buy some safemoon. safe is right there in the name

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
Well I did it, I made billions off of Elon's appearance on SNL. I've contacted them and I will be hosting the show in 3 weeks.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

cumshitter posted:

it is. its beyond my understanding because i am not an accountant. but if you are exchanging things that have value with another party then you need to account for what you have gained or lost. even if it's a perfect $0.00 exchange you need to document it, because you are exchanging things the IRS considers to be securities like stocks

most of what i do is recorded as transactions on metamask and believe me, there are a lot of them. it's disgusting how many there are

my thinking is that i'll make sure i have access to them and then just hope that i'm in a don't ask, don't tell situation until i start to sell my crypto for usd in piecemeal, and by then i'd hope to have a binder or something. i'm still wondering whether i should check that box and confirm that yes, i did buy crypto in the past year though. would it be a big deal to leave it blank next year?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
As long as you didn't say anything to anyone I'm sure it's fine oh shi

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

i bought "yeet" and "elonsperm" and they are both mooning. working is pointless

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i am now betting on human stupidity and its working out

idk why i didn't do this years ago, loving goons

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
glad that the current pink sheets craze is back in coin form

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Alobar posted:

every single day i see people living in trash and poo poo on the sidewalk and in the street and i want to help :yaycat: i hate rich people so much

:yaycat: this much

I beg and plead with you to please research how Taxes work with Crypto

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

My shitcoin portfolio is approaching 10k

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.

Yossarian-22 posted:

My shitcoin portfolio is approaching 10k

gently caress me

off of how much initial money? If i'm there i'm "SELL HOLY gently caress SEEEEELLL"

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

CredulousAtBest posted:

gently caress me

off of how much initial money? If i'm there i'm "SELL HOLY gently caress SEEEEELLL"

I put about a thousand into regular crypto, made way more than that with just investments in hoge and safemoon, and then aped all three of those investments into dumb coins that did nothing and sold with barely $250 left because of callousness and stupidity

I slowly climbed from $250 to $10,000 and got way smarter with my tactics in about a month's time but technically you could say my initial was $1000

Just take profits when you can but never sell everything. The upside potential of 10-100x on a coin is worth the risk of going to 0

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
Please be my financial advisor. These fifty three million safemoons are not enough to feed my family.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.

Yossarian-22 posted:

I put about a thousand into regular crypto, made way more than that with just investments in hoge and safemoon, and then aped all three of those investments into dumb coins that did nothing and sold with barely $250 left because of callousness and stupidity

I slowly climbed from $250 to $10,000 and got way smarter with my tactics in about a month's time but technically you could say my initial was $1000

Just take profits when you can but never sell everything. The upside potential of 10-100x on a coin is worth the risk of going to 0

drat, when the boom happened (again) I went from 50 to like 1100 but I was used to the prices. I knew what poo poo was valued at. It was easy to go "oh ETH is way below, BUYBUYBUY" etc

these days idk wtf I am doing. its just looks like chaos

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

punished milkman posted:

Please be my financial advisor. These fifty three million safemoons are not enough to feed my family.

Ape that poo poo into any stupid coin that has a dog on it that people are hyping on reddit for immediate profit right now, ESPECIALLY if it's super early (like a marketcap under 10 million) but keep some safemoons for longterm. I like Astropup and Kiboshu Inu right now but there is a new dog being released every minute because everyone wants to get in on the next SHIBA INU coin which came from nowhere and is now worth billions in total market cap. Shitcoins are less likely to be scamcoins on ETH network but the gas prices are dumb as hell. And as always DYOR.

Bonfire is dipping and has over 100,000 holders now, but you're probably not going to get insane profits on that for awhile because it's cooling down after rocketing an amazing amount already. Community is insane and it looks like it could be the next safemoon. Maybe buy some for safe keeping as you profit

And, I can't emphasize this enough, HODL and try to have peace of mind. Going to bed and waking up to amazing returns is an amazing feeling :) don't stare at charts unless you are a sicko with a trigger finger. Usually if you try to time things perfectly you will fail

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 01:17 on May 11, 2021

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

where the heck do these coin swaps exist, is it a pancake party? I'm imagining a cruft's dog show where everyone shows their new dog coin but then some of them poop on the floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
you dont have any gains until you realize them so like, you know, cash out a little