Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ughhhhh. Metal was so bad I sold mine and I don't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

injustice 3 should just have 30 different batmans but not one of them is gritty batman
edit: and every fight has all 30 at once

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
If Injustice 3 is a Legends of Tomorrow style game of Teminal Idiots and Chucklefucks I’d be down for it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If Injustice 3 is a Legends of Tomorrow style game of Teminal Idiots and Chucklefucks I’d be down for it.

That sounds amazing, I would be extremely down with a White Canary vs Pyro showdown

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

That sounds amazing, I would be extremely down with a White Canary vs Pyro showdown

Right? I don’t even really like DC but that show hits that clever in a stupid way/stupid in a clever way thing that NRS story modes run on.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

injustice 3 should just have 30 different batmans but not one of them is gritty batman
edit: and every fight has all 30 at once

Injustice 3: Oops! All Batmen!

Superman will be the first DLC though because WB and NRS.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Injustice 3: Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice 2. Every character intro has a cross or christ pose and a Cohen song.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

yes. please.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Injustice 3 will probably have the Batman that Laughs since he is an alternate costume in this. I’ve never understood his popularity but at least his fans might be happy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean he is basically the batman version of fash Superman so it shouldn’t be surprising

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Big rumor I keep hearing with Injustice 3 is Watchmen characters, so don’t be surprised if Rorschach, Comedian and Dr Manhattan pop up. I also remember seeing concept art for Ettrigan and Detective Chimp for Injustice 2, so they may come as well.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Liar Lyre posted:

Big rumor I keep hearing with Injustice 3 is Watchmen characters, so don’t be surprised if Rorschach, Comedian and Dr Manhattan pop up. I also remember seeing concept art for Ettrigan and Detective Chimp for Injustice 2, so they may come as well.

Can they just sell a horseshit and cyanide smoothie as DLC instead?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Detective chimp is a pretty out-there pick. Etrigan, though, would have been sick.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

googled the batman who laughs and it seems like absolute edgelord rubbish nonsense for idiots, but if there's one thing they should bring over...

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wouldn’t want edgelord poo poo in a thread about mortal kombat

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wouldn’t want edgelord poo poo in a thread about mortal kombat

Since MKX it’s been super not edgelord, TBH

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Well I mean, other than the fatalities, killing blows, and X-ray moves. :v:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah mortal kombat is exactly that and frankly so is Injustice. Which is why it’s funny people want it to embrace the silly. That’s not what that series is about

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I mean, MK is silly and absurd though. Even when they try to be really dramatic there's just sort of an infused aura of "haha :)". The fatalities are hilarious and entertaining, not dark and brooding. The plots are cheesy and exaggerated, just like good comic books. Edgy comic books often reach this point where the desire to weave a literary epic and the tendency to go way too hard on dark themes just makes the whole thing awkward and dissonant.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Injustice has a scene where Superman murders a kid with heat vision

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

They had Predator as a guest star, so they should do like the Archie comics and have KJ Apa rock up to fight Predator. And Batman. And a bear.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Archie vs Predator was one of those things I laughed at when it was first announced but gobbled up the moment it hit the shelves.

Include Archie in the next MK11 DLC, NRS YOU COWARDS.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Shaggy can still find a spot in a roster imo

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Injustice has a scene where Superman murders a kid with heat vision

That's sort of what I'm getting at though. I'm enjoying MK11's story way more than Injustice because MK doesn't have the weight of a children's cartoon behind it. It's impossible to take it seriously, which is not a bad thing at all, while Injustice is still, like, a DC comics story, with all that entails.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

AndyElusive posted:

Archie vs Predator was one of those things I laughed at when it was first announced but gobbled up the moment it hit the shelves.

Include Archie in the next MK11 DLC, NRS YOU COWARDS.

Archie vs Predator is fuckin’ great.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

That's sort of what I'm getting at though. I'm enjoying MK11's story way more than Injustice because MK doesn't have the weight of a children's cartoon behind it. It's impossible to take it seriously, which is not a bad thing at all, while Injustice is still, like, a DC comics story, with all that entails.

Well ultimately it comes down to taste. I personally don’t care much for camp. It just doesn’t appeal to me. I prefer edge lord to that stuff, even if I find the Batman who laughs kind of boring.

He’s just the joker. We already have that

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Hulk Krogan posted:

I would like to fight anyone besides Scorpion in Kombat League. That would be nice.

Even when it's not Scorpion, the other guy/gal almost always switches to him if they lose the first set.

Yeah this made me want to stop playing several months ago. Esp. As a Jade main. Guys there are so many good characters. Jeez.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the Injustice comics whipped a ton of rear end

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

BurningBeard posted:

Yeah this made me want to stop playing several months ago. Esp. As a Jade main. Guys there are so many good characters. Jeez.

This actually seemed to ease up a bit once I got up to rank 4/5. Peoples till counter pick after losing the first set but it isn't ALWAYS Scorpion. Lots more Kung Laos and Jokers.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Constantine was in all the injustice comics but never appeared.

I wouldn't mind roarshark though.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Hulk Krogan posted:

I would like to fight anyone besides Scorpion in Kombat League. That would be nice.

Even when it's not Scorpion, the other guy/gal almost always switches to him if they lose the first set.
This is the real Scorpion's Revenge

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
next injustice would absolutely have Dr Manhattan there to gently caress up the universes as the final boss

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

KungFu Grip posted:

next injustice would absolutely have Dr Manhattan's penis there to gently caress up the universes as the final boss

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
ESRB: Rated M for Mature

WB: wait you're making Injustice 3 M-Rated WHY?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Somebody was speculating due to that dumbass leak from a couple of weeks ago that Injustice 3 would be evil Superman invading the Marvel Universe, and now I'll be disappointed when it's not that.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
What's the obvious edgelord Injustice-y version of the Marvel universe?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Ultimate Avengers

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Twibbit posted:

Ultimate Avengers

The final boss is Mark Millar

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Injustice 3 should have the batman vs superman jar of piss imo

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Wanderer posted:

Somebody was speculating due to that dumbass leak from a couple of weeks ago that Injustice 3 would be evil Superman invading the Marvel Universe, and now I'll be disappointed when it's not that.

I thought the leaks last year were that it was gonna be based on Doomsday Clock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

What's the obvious edgelord Injustice-y version of the Marvel universe?

The ultimate universe was already that kind of. Know it’s any of the alternate realities from X men

Age of Apocalypse is the most popular one