Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Medullah posted:

Wasn't it announced fairly soon after the Private Parts movie? I remember being genuinely surprised at how sweet that movie was and how much it showed Howard loved his wife, only to have them get divorced "shortly" after.

i have no idea, op, i'm just copying a post from the subreddit where a man admits to crying upon hearing that his favorite radio host got divorced

crazy that they predicted the guy who is an rear end in a top hat, professionally, might have trouble getting along with his spouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

little munchkin posted:

When Howard Stern announced his divorce, it was on a Friday as well. But it was a TOTAL shock, because no one dared breach his trust when he was truly King of All Media. I worked in NY at the time and just like every morning, every NY'er was listening to the show and I remember during the commercial break I walked out in the hallway and so did my co-workers. We just stood there in shock, staring at each other. I think I cried on the way home that day.

This isn't an unsourced quote you reposted this on reddit

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

where were u wen corolla marriage die

i was at house eating dorito when phone ring

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
something like 5 years ago Lynette went on some podcast from the Greater Carolla Podcast Universe (maybe with Allison Rosen at the time? I don't know, I think it was a woman who hosted the podcast, and someone who worked with Adam) and the whole thing was her very sadly/exasperatedly talking about how hard it is to deal with Adam and just sort of making excuses for all his behavior at the same time

Didn't seem great!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Even back when Adam wasn't the piece of poo poo he is now I can't imagine putting up with him all day.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Feel real bad for the kids, but I was heartened by a post in the subreddit that pointed out that carolla will probably refuse to mediate at 40/60 and will probably take it to court and end up with 25/75

Typing that out now im wondering if that isnt some paternity rights bs oh well still hope it happens

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

WEH posted:

Feel real bad for the kids, but I was heartened by a post in the subreddit that pointed out that carolla will probably refuse to mediate at 40/60 and will probably take it to court and end up with 25/75

Typing that out now im wondering if that isnt some paternity rights bs oh well still hope it happens

oh my god can you imagine adam in court, having to hold his tongue

he'd be held in contempt so fuckin fast

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The Carolla sub is like the Rogan one in that there's a mix of people who still enjoy it and people who still listen but point out all the times he's being a dumbass and they all argue about it.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Adam's officially getting divorced

Lol when I saw 21 new posts in this thread knew it was gonna be divorce.

WEH posted:

That probably close to what happened back in 2014 with Donny.

quote:

Misraje, his wife, Kathee, and his cousin Sandy Ganz, sued in January 2013, claiming that a partnership agreement entitled them to a big stake in the show’s profits. Misraje alone wanted 30 percent, and contrary to some news reports that Carolla’s podcast business didn’t make much money, the plaintiff asserted that it raked in $14 million...

...After a week of testimony, the trial was headed into the final stretches with Misraje just about to bring forward his expert witness who would talk about Carolla’s profits. The judge limited much of the witness’ forthcoming discussion about revenue up to 2012 and a valuation of the business at that point.

Then, a break happened, Misraje’s lawyer Gregory Doll conferred with Carolla’s Mark Geragos, and the two were able to come to an agreement to put the case to bed. No terms have been disclosed, although Doll says he’s happy with the arrangement. The settlement cuts short the trial, which was likely to conclude by the end of the week.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/adam-carolla-settles-lawsuit-popular-731537/

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Adam is not someone who wields command or authority well. Back when I listened, he usually seemed to know what he wanted to happen, but no idea how to make it happen with anything other than coercion and some money.

It would be nice if this were a Road to Damascus moment for getting some perspective about how he moves through society.

Unfortunately he has some gently caress you money and a cadre of ghouls he admires to push-through with some "stoicism" and "its woke culture's fault" bullshit.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I hope this doesn't affect the usual podcast schedule of hearing him watch and rewatch his racing videos, sports breaks with screaming nonsense, racist jokes about PF Changs waiters, and interviews with chuds.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lake of Methane posted:

Adam is not someone who wields command or authority well. Back when I listened, he usually seemed to know what he wanted to happen, but no idea how to make it happen with anything other than coercion and some money.

It would be nice if this were a Road to Damascus moment for getting some perspective about how he moves through society.

Unfortunately he has some gently caress you money and a cadre of ghouls he admires to push-through with some "stoicism" and "its woke culture's fault" bullshit.

I'm just picturing him complaining about being single and it's cringe as gently caress

Wonder how Lynette felt about Adam throwing in with Dennis "Marital Rape is impossible " Prager

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

So I listened to Lynette's episode of For Crying Out Loud from yesterday where she announced the divorce as well. Here is everything interesting that she talked about.

She's been wanting to get this off her chest for a looong time. It's been behind the scenes for a long time. Lots of speculation since Adam doesn't talk about her much lately. They started therapy and went for just over a year.

She says she thinks they had a good run but they just could not get on the same page with regards to the marriage and parenting.

In spring of 2019 was thinking she can't see them moving forward as a couple, although she still enjoys being around Adam. So they took a break, started spending their lives separately, and she felt so much better with all the pressure off.

She says she just want to move forward with him but in a different way. No one cheated, there's no one else but that they just don't function as a couple anymore. They want different things in life and they approach life in different ways. "When you get to be 50, you start thinking 'How much more time do you want to spend trying to fix something that just can't be fixed?'" (Lynette is 51 now).

Told the kids about 9 months ago. Handled it well as kids can. The therapist helped talk to the kids and the therapist remarked to Lynette "You know, I do this a lot with families, talk to the kids during divorce and all that, and your kids are the first kids that never asked 'Why?'"

The kids stay in the house and Lynette and Adam will go back and forth for their custody time. Adam goes over there every other weekend and Lynette is with the kids the rest of the time. While Adam is at the house, Lynette has been staying in an Air BnB until Olga moves out of the condo that Lynette still owns from a long time ago. Apparently Olga has been living there since they first hired her. Olga will probably move in with her son and DIL, who are looking to buy a house. Not sure who's getting Olga in the divorce (joking). Adam bought the Malibu house before the talk of divorce because Natalia wanted to rent a house for the summer in Malibu and "Adam doesn't rent so he said why don't we just buy a house?"

They're going to continue therapy but with a focus on being better parents. Kids are doing okay and are sad, but they understand.

Looking back, she realizes she was unhappy for a very long time and was drinking a lot to cope. This was before therapy. She feels like she's gone through the anger and mourning already, a while ago, and while she feels sad, she feels more relief and freedom.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Well, that sounds like it went down about as well as it possibly could have. Hopefully adam follows through.

:smith:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yeah, nothing about that sounds lovely whatsoever which is super uncharacteristic for the ace man. Sounds p much exactly the way any amicable divorce should be handled. I honestly kinda respect the "we want to stay in each other's lives but just not as a couple" angle, if that's something that they both want and can maintain.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Bodnoirbabe posted:

the therapist remarked to Lynette "You know, I do this a lot with families, talk to the kids during divorce and all that, and your kids are the first kids that never asked 'Why?'"

lol

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Adam has screamed about family and education for the better part of a decade and has kids who fail school and can't keep a family (or friendship) together to save his life. Sounds right to me.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

somehow I imagine he doesnt blame himself for that, either

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Moniker posted:

Adam has screamed about family and education for the better part of a decade and has kids who fail school and can't keep a family (or friendship) together to save his life. Sounds right to me.

I haven’t listened to Adam in years but I wonder if he still brags about the time he repeatedly tried to badger Gavin Newsom into agreeing with him that Black and Latino communities don’t have enough “emphasis on family and education” and treating Newsom’s unwillingness to take the bait as some kind of intellectual victory and proof that democrats are pussies and the real racists.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Just imagining that weekend Adam spends with the kids as 48 hours of him bitching about everything Lynette has them doing the other 12 days of the two week rotation.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Just imagining that weekend Adam spends with the kids as 48 hours of him bitching about everything Lynette has them doing the other 12 days of the two week rotation.

Guaranteed he just lets them wander the studio/garage as he does other poo poo

Moniker posted:

His kids are failing school?

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
His kids are like 15, I doubt they’re all that enamored by wandering around his garage anymore. They’ll probably just sit in their rooms on their phones like most teenagers.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Red posted:

Guaranteed he just lets them wander the studio/garage as he does other poo poo

His kids are failing school?

His kids have been notoriously bad students, especially the boy

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Moniker posted:

His kids have been notoriously bad students, especially the boy

Good. Coming from the shithead who spent a lot of time ranting about how bad parenting causes bad kids, he deserves to be proof of it.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Sonny aint been right since he bonked his noggin off a curb riding his bike without a helmet cos the ol aceman didnt see the point of one

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
That happened? Ouch.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

kimmel ended up buying him one after lmao

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

WEH posted:

Sonny aint been right since he bonked his noggin off a curb riding his bike without a helmet cos the ol aceman didnt see the point of one

Really?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

WEH posted:

Didn't someone post the picture Carolla put up of a bruised and bandaged Sonny in the hospital? Then Carolla went off to do a live show somewhere while his wife was off doing something else, so the maid stayed with the kids in the hospital?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

pzy posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AdamCarolla/comments/760mts/what_happened_to_sonny/

He fell off his bike without a helmet, and then his parents abandoned him at the hospital

Good times etc

click the quote to see the breakdown but it has a pic of mildly hosed up sonny embedded and apparently the full story about the helmet was "Adam was too cheap to buy a second helmet, since there was one "at the shop'"

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Lol loving hell that family. As noted, Lynette was wasted on a podcast and admitted she had driven herself there. And of course the hilarity of someone who has the maid raise their kids having their own parenting podcast.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The irony of Adam creating his own family of Loveline callers.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Seems like the one thing he should have been able to predict given what he learned about the "where's your dad?" question

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I haven't listened to Carolla's podcast in years, but now I'm interested in hearing what's going to happen.

WEH posted:

Red posted:

Didn't someone post the picture Carolla put up of a bruised and bandaged Sonny in the hospital? Then Carolla went off to do a live show somewhere while his wife was off doing something else, so the maid stayed with the kids in the hospital?

WEH posted:

click the quote to see the breakdown but it has a pic of mildly hosed up sonny embedded and apparently the full story about the helmet was "Adam was too cheap to buy a second helmet, since there was one "at the shop'"

DrVenkman posted:

Lol loving hell that family. As noted, Lynette was wasted on a podcast and admitted she had driven herself there. And of course the hilarity of someone who has the maid raise their kids having their own parenting podcast.

I remember this! Didn't Lynette leave Sonny in the hospital while she went to go see Bruce Springsteen in concert for the millionth time?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

WEH posted:

the helmet? not a chair

also not a helmet

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Los Angeles seems like a wild place

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Red posted:

I remember years ago when the twins were babies Adam mentioned he and Lynette didn’t have any issues with losing sleep as they paid the nanny to be on call tending to the babies when they woke up and I thought that was a smart idea for a rich guy. Now less so, as seems to have been clear sign of putting themselves ahead of the kids.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

WEH posted:

tbf inside a helmet is a safe space, so very on-brand for Adam to be against it

e: The too cheap to buy a second helmet thing is also pretty ironic since he's the one who says to buy fistfuls of helpful little things like nail clippers so you're never without one

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Grant DaNasty posted:

I remember this! Didn't Lynette leave Sonny in the hospital while she went to go see Bruce Springsteen in concert for the millionth time?

Yep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

Los Angeles seems like a wild place

I heard that the LA marathon can cause bad traffic and that one Mayor Villaretardo will give you chickenshit tickets.