Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

how enthusiastically did she help Starmer purge the left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Communist Thoughts posted:

Can someone more qualified than me tell me if I'm allowed to scoff at this

Considering it was recently revealed kieth spend 160k in 2 years on private chauffeurs as DPP on taxpayer money...

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

she almost certainly works at the train and first class is much better suited for that. i don't believe for a second that she worried that she'd be snatched and murdered on a cheaper train ticket

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

bedpan posted:

how enthusiastically did she help Starmer purge the left?

"We will suspend people in their thousands of we have to" was the quote I believe

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1391406793654423554?s=20

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao is the labour party on op?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Is the 'first class' train in the UK like Germany, where it's only like 20EUR more expensive and in exchange you get a slightly bigger seat and much fewer children?

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

mrmcd posted:

Is the 'first class' train in the UK like Germany, where it's only like 20EUR more expensive and in exchange you get a slightly bigger seat and much fewer children?

basically, it's an insanely trivial thing chucked in to kick her on the way out the door which is why it's so funny that's she's clearly kept real receipts on kier and he's now holed up in his office sweating bullets

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

All they had to do was to vote. But they didn't. All there is to it.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
so labour worked overtime to kill a nascent left in their own party and did it so hard they actually destroyed themselves?

lmbo

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ex post facho posted:

so labour worked overtime to kill a nascent left in their own party and did it so hard they actually destroyed themselves?

lmbo

to the centrist, this is victory

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/REWearmouth/status/1391416651900506120?s=19

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

multijoe posted:

I love Keith's complete meltdown over this suggests he wasn't deliberately running the party into the ground and seems to think he was doing Clever Grownup Politics, which is by far the funniest option

oh yeah, that's the stuff

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

and why have they done that chris

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

keith starmess is electable if the loving voters don't let him down

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol all the bots out in force saying things like the voters are racist morons in every reply to make labour look even worse

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

just continuing lols forever

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1391437993748148229?s=20

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Reminds me of Polly Toynbee (the Brit equivalent of Thomas Friedman) grandly declaring that the voters had no excuse not to troop out and vote for Starmer lol.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

couth stumbles has a duty to his constituents, a duty to receive all their votes for free

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

lol wallow in it you gently caress

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Meltdown May is back baby

Nature, healing, etc

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the devine right of kings also extends all the way down to councillors i see

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I know this is old news at this point, but was this a joke

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

keith starmess

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Egg Moron posted:

Tony Blaire is powerful because his wife is a witch

The same was true for ronald Reagan

If you wanna get venerated by history, your wife needs to be psychically sensitive and out and proud about it

replace the anti-Semitism in Labour with Anti-papism

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Egg Moron posted:

Tony Blaire is powerful because his wife is a witch

The same was true for ronald Reagan

If you wanna get venerated by history, your wife needs to be psychically sensitive and out and proud about it

Curse the bene gesserit

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Waiting with baited breath to learn which country god has ordered Tony Blair to invade next

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Junkozeyne posted:

Waiting with baited breath to learn which country god has ordered Tony Blair to invade next

scotland

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Tony Blair is going to become head of the Labour Party and pledge to reinvade Iraq again

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Atrocious Joe posted:

Tony Blair is going to become head of the Labour Party and pledge to reinvade Iraq again

We're still there, so you'd just be joining the party again.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Junkozeyne posted:

comedy answer is ireland, but it's probably somehow palestine

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

bit on the nose the guardian having an article about its completely normal to not get on with your colleague because they are a woman, northern and grew up poor

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Atrocious Joe posted:

I know this is old news at this point, but was this a joke

It's twitter, who the gently caress can tell.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

starmer's whole bit about being the son of a toolmaker is a lie in that his dad almost certainly owned the actual toolmaking factory

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Made at least one tool himself, though. :dadjoke:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

Very slightly less than half the county voted remain, we should tell them to gently caress off and die forevermore, otherwise we are overturning democracy. Got it.

sorry, was working on papers. yes, less than half voted for it - that means it didn't win. they don't have to gently caress off and die but they did lose an election. and you don't get the thing you want - because you lost the election! and it's going to suck and be terrible and you can smugly watch the idiot spanish expats whine as they're kicked out and say i told you so, but what you can't do is go over to spain and repeatedly tell immigration enforcement that you didn't like the result of the election we're not doing it.

we can sit and talk until the cows come home about how silly cameron was to put something so important to an idiot referendum or how leave was dishonest or whatever horseshit and how it's definitely going to cause horrible conditions for literally no reason but, (and this is literally the foundational principle of any relationship the people in this country have to democracy btw) if there's a vote, and someone else wins it, the election is over and you lost. you have to do the dumb thing the majority decided! and you always did, and why me starting a Follow Back Pro Corbyn account to get him unilaterally declared prime minister because he'd be better at it and building elements of my personality around the sincere belief that if my argument was good enough the other MPs and rest of the country would go "gently caress he's right" would be loving insane.

every one of those goddamned marches and press stunts and babies first parliamentary democracy fantasy about loving sien fein taking their seats or the queen doing something something something communicated one thing to the majority of this country with absolute clarity, coming in crystal clear with loving quadrophonic sound: "i know better than you. i am smarter than you. you're too stupid to vote, so it doesn't count. oh, also you're stupid enough to fall for double or nothing (except not double just nothing) because it's a Compromise with me and i deserve Compromises because, and this is really important, i'm better than you and my needs must be prioritized. god you're loving stupid for voting wrong i hope i'm enough of a saviour to fix your fuckup" and, this is the twist, they hear all of this despite that fact very very evidently doing the stupidest thing imaginable in that circumstance, something that would plainly never work, saying these things while advocating for the dumbest, most naive and just loving stupid political concept - the Lets Negate Voting party, the First One Doesn't Count Doover party, the Scoreboard Broken Probably Set Up Backwards In Fact I'm The One Up Fifty Points Because of How Good At Baskeball I Am party.

an entire goddamned class of people so utterly unused to losing elections that they react like this which tells you something. you wanna be remain in 2021 why not restart the coalition against the iraq war, see if we can get that undone? start the King loving Canute party to address rising sea levels.

CoolCab has issued a correction as of 21:28 on May 9, 2021

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/JAHeale/status/1391477371069476866?s=20

how does this keep getting dumber and funnier

https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1391491009209683977?s=20

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

CoolCab posted:

sorry, was working on papers. yes, less than half voted for it - that means it didn't win. they don't have to gently caress off and die but they did lose an election. and you don't get the thing you want - because you lost the election! and it's going to suck and be terrible and you can smugly watch the idiot spanish expats whine as they're kicked out and say i told you so, but what you can't do is go over to spain and repeatedly tell immigration enforcement that you didn't like the result of the election we're not doing it.

we can sit and talk until the cows come home about how silly cameron was to put something so important to an idiot referendum or how leave was dishonest or whatever horseshit and how it's definitely going to cause horrible conditions for literally no reason but, (and this is literally the foundational principle of any relationship the people in this country have to democracy btw) if there's a vote, and someone else wins it, the election is over and you lost. you have to do the dumb thing the majority decided! and you always did, and why me starting a Follow Back Pro Corbyn account to get him unilaterally declared prime minister because he'd be better at it and building elements of my personality around the sincere belief that if my argument was good enough the other MPs and rest of the country would go "gently caress he's right" would be loving insane.

every one of those goddamned marches and press stunts and babies first parliamentary democracy fantasy about loving sien fein taking their seats or the queen doing something something something communicated one thing to the majority of this country with absolute clarity, coming in crystal clear with loving quadrophonic sound: "i know better than you. i am smarter than you. you're too stupid to vote, so it doesn't count. oh, also you're stupid enough to fall for double or nothing (except not double just nothing) because it's a Compromise with me and i deserve Compromises because, and this is really important, i'm better than you and my needs must be prioritized. god you're loving stupid for voting wrong i hope i'm enough of a saviour to fix your fuckup" and, this is the twist, they hear all of this despite that fact very very evidently doing the stupidest thing imaginable in that circumstance, something that would plainly never work, saying these things while advocating for the dumbest, most naive and just loving stupid political concept - the Lets Negate Voting party, the First One Doesn't Count Doover party, the Scoreboard Broken Probably Set Up Backwards In Fact I'm The One Up Fifty Points Because of How Good At Baskeball I Am party.

an entire goddamned class of people so utterly unused to losing elections that they react like this which tells you something. you wanna be remain in 2021 why not restart the coalition against the iraq war, see if we can get that undone? start the King loving Canute party to address rising sea levels.

What if most people are stupid, though?

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
It shouldn’t be surprising to me that Labour have lost nurses. Out of any group of people I know nurses were the most consistent Corbyn boosters. Also I’ve seen the absolute loving state of this last year in healthcare. And how angry people are that no one in politics seems to be sticking up for them, if they get time to check.

Still those stats from a few pages ago are shocking somehow. He didn’t just lose nurses a little bit as Labour voters, he full on massively lost them. What a guy, what a cop, what a maniac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Keith crashing this plane with no survivors while thinking he’s desperately trying to save it the whole time