Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

apatheticman posted:

The loving isolationist gun nuts are always what get me about preppers.

If you want to survive an apocalypse be useful and chill. Create a network of mutual aid before poo poo goes down then leverage that network when poo poo goes down. Its like society/survival 101.

This is what gets me too. When he was just going through a hippie phase and was one of the chosen ones and part of the great enlightenment and poo poo (loving white entitlement) he wanted to teach people how to garden so they weren't reliant on grocery stores. Which. Yeah. gently caress yeah. Build a community. Teach people good skills.

This only ends up with him, as said, moving the timeline until he looks even more pathetic. Or he decides on the timeline and the whole " lone wolf" thing is played out on the news in tragedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

saw “JESUS SAVES” spray painted on a sidewalk and thought it said “je suis saves” like who the gently caress is saves

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I love having to keep an eye on him now for the day when I have to tip the RCMP that he's about to shoot peop--oh wait, he's white, that won't help.

I detest the RCMP as much as the next guy but they will actually take this seriously and I don't think reporting a potential mass shooter falls under 'snitching.' I called them a while back to report a neo-nazi making some chilling threats on social media, once to the CFP to ensure he couldn't acquire a PAL (they called back and said he'd been flagged and would never get one), and then again when he was ranting on video about killing judges and cops. They followed up, interviewed me over the phone and laid charges on the guy. In his own video he claims he's facing 17 years in prison.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Now there’s an idea, convince him to start a YouTube channel or podcast. Then sit back and wait for something to get flagged.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

yeah 1312 is basic doctrine but distracting your enemy into doing actual good is a valid aspect to warfare, albeit one with minor backfire potential.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

saw “JESUS SAVES” spray painted on a sidewalk and thought it said “je suis saves” like who the gently caress is saves

fuckin degens

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Mister Speaker posted:

I detest the RCMP as much as the next guy but they will actually take this seriously and I don't think reporting a potential mass shooter falls under 'snitching.' I called them a while back to report a neo-nazi making some chilling threats on social media, once to the CFP to ensure he couldn't acquire a PAL (they called back and said he'd been flagged and would never get one), and then again when he was ranting on video about killing judges and cops. They followed up, interviewed me over the phone and laid charges on the guy. In his own video he claims he's facing 17 years in prison.

If he ever starts ranting or seemingly hates a group or someone I will for sure. Right now it seems like he is just preparing to live off the land when the end comes.

Funny enough he used to stream on Twitch. I don't think anymore.

Oh and for the rest of canada-winnipeg is now closing schools. Wonder if they'll close campgrounds before may long.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Lol @ a 3 week shutdown starting the day after Mothers Day, not even enough time for the cases being acquired in restaurants as we speak to finish pinballing around before opening up again

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
finally registered for my cellphone tower upgrade. appointment's in less than two weeks so that's not too bad. kinda wondering how long it'll take to get the second dose though

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
possible solution to the canadian housing crisis - get ukrainian nazis to fund millions of victims of communism memorials, that we can live inside

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Anyone using the government COVID Alert app? I've been running it since September, but BC was one of the dumb provinces that didn't endorse it. It sounds like most of the country isn't really using it either.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Anyone using the government COVID Alert app? I've been running it since September, but BC was one of the dumb provinces that didn't endorse it. It sounds like most of the country isn't really using it either.

Nobody used it, what a waste of money. I could have used that money for weed and vidya

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

yes. I think it's basically useless, but I didn't want to be the cause of that uselessness, so I've had it installed and made sure my phone is on me

it's been completely silent though

I asked the discord a little while back and a couple people had first or second hand accounts of getting an alert, so there's evidence that it's not nonfunctional

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

pokeyman posted:

yes. I think it's basically useless, but I didn't want to be the cause of that uselessness, so I've had it installed and made sure my phone is on me

it's been completely silent though

I asked the discord a little while back and a couple people had first or second hand accounts of getting an alert, so there's evidence that it's not nonfunctional

March 17:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7697781/covid-alert-app-data-effectivness/ posted:

The app has been downloaded roughly 6.3 million times, according to the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC). This means about 79 per cent of Canada’s roughly 30 million smartphone users haven’t downloaded it.

In the Atlantic provinces, roughly 13.5 per cent of people who tested positive since the app went live have activated their one-time keys.

In Ontario, this figure is 5.1 per cent. In Manitoba and Saskatchewan, it’s 3.8 per cent. And in Quebec, which has the lowest rate of all the provinces, it’s 2.1 per cent.

If data from British Columbia and Alberta is considered, just 2.8 per cent of Canadians who tested positive for COVID-19 since the app became available in July have used it to send out warning notifications.

Start date means all the first wave concentration of confirmed cases among presumed non-smartphone users in LTCs is irrelevant. I'd figure percentages have dropped further as even more people deemed it useless and dropped out but who knows, will take more FOIs or whatever to find out.

(I'd find monthly percentage figures really interesting re: trend but they aren't disclosed here. Maybe one could find more info in the "fulfilled FOI request" archives.)

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i know someone who lives in singapore and he said their contact tracing app was mandatory to use for entering basically any premises. once again canada leads the way in pointless toothless things with no enforcement backing it

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

mila kunis posted:

i know someone who lives in singapore and he said their contact tracing app was mandatory to use for entering basically any premises. once again canada leads the way in pointless toothless things with no enforcement backing it

the bluetooth cryptography magic seems like hilarious overengineering too, though that's not canada's fault. idk how singapore's app works, but "scan this qr code on your way in" would probably work just as well if it was enforced

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Congrats to everybody for getting their shots.

How have side effects been for those who had them already? For me, I had a fever and body aches and a bit of a headache for like 6 hours later in the day after I had the AZ vaccine.

Pfizer vaccine recipient here. I had a pretty bad reaction to it for several weeks. I had a very sorry arm for two days then followed up by dizziness, headaches and bouts of dyspepsia that would come and go. I'm way better now but I'm not looking forward to the second shot too much. I just keep telling myself that the reaction is a good thing because it kicked my immune system into gear.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Seeing other people talk about The Odyssey is really throwing my brain through a loop. The nature of the show makes it even more of a fever dream.

Pretty sure I had literal nightmares about the kid hitting his head on the rock.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

The full series is on YouTube. I'd say it holds up as a fun family adventure series.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The only things I remember about it were the intro of the kid hitting the rock, and much later on, when he came out of his coma, he sees the dreamworld literally collapsing as one of the people he met there calling out for help.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

How have side effects been for those who had them already? For me, I had a fever and body aches and a bit of a headache for like 6 hours later in the day after I had the AZ vaccine.

Moderna here. First shot was fine, sore for a couple of days at the injection site and a week later very itchy in the same place. Second shot was brutal and wiped me out with flu symptoms (headache, body pains, chills, etc.) for about 36 hours and was then fine.

Friends I know in the Pfizer gang had similar symptoms but not as severe.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I'm still waiting for the zombie movie where a bunch of renfaire nerds with armour and spears clear out entire cities and are instrumental to rebuilding.

Fifty years later they'll have built a successful society of mostly-women, after half of the men get ejected over a kirk-picard schism, and the cadre that forms around the leader of the winning side gets jonestowned for protecting a sex pest.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

BGrifter posted:

Now there’s an idea, convince him to start a YouTube channel or podcast. Then sit back and wait for something to get flagged.

how long's ezra been at it again?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pfiz Crew here and I had so few side effects from the first dose that I thought I'd gotten a placebo until I got some very mild soreness (I've done workouts that left me with sorer arms) and a weird chilling sensation inside my arm. It was weird but didn't prevent me from doing anything. I expect to be fully hosed up from the second shot though.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I got the phiz yesterday. arm is sore like a Charlie horse and a little bit off kilter but that could be the base level of exhaustion I live with every day.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I've used it since it was available, as I like to believe people are basically good.

I think my neighbour is using it too as it only really checks noticeably when he's charging his phone in the bathroom across the wall from me.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

afaik the app doesn’t run in the background like a message app, it needs to be on at all times. so if all those people who downloaded it don’t have it running, lol

I’ve never received an alert from mine, despite living in a hotspot and working in hospitals

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I got the phiz yesterday. arm is sore like a Charlie horse and a little bit off kilter but that could be the base level of exhaustion I live with every day.

AZ crew reporting in, spent the first night in bed feeling my heart pound away to keep my temperature at a nice cozy 39.4, while my knees told me a story about doing 50 zillion deadlifts and my mind raced in circles because there was nothing else to do with the energy wheeeeeeeeeeee

also instead of pissing, i sweat now

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Pfizer just made me extremely tired and achey, and my arm hurt like hell

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

a primate posted:

Pfizer just made me extremely tired and achey, and my arm hurt like hell

same here. all my rnas now belong to Microsoft so maybe that’s why

my DNA’s are rallying to counterattack though

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
okay but how's your 4g reception

it's canada so we couldn't get robelus to agree to 5g for everyone

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Stoked to find out that everybody in Alberta who got AZ will likely not get a second dose for the foreseeable future lol

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Stoked to find out that everybody in Alberta who got AZ will likely not get a second dose for the foreseeable future lol

It's me!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

ctv news posted:

"Alberta has administered approximately 255,000 first doses of AstraZeneca and 2,200 second doses. The remaining supply of about 8,400 doses will be used as second doses," said Tom McMillan, Alberta Health spokesperson in the statement issued Tuesday morning.

it seems like the opposite, unless i'm reading this wrong

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

cash crab posted:

it seems like the opposite, unless i'm reading this wrong

Sorry, of the 255000 first doses administered, 8400 will receive the second dose.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Sorry, of the 255000 first doses administered, 8400 will receive the second dose.

yeah, wow, i slept like poo poo and can't read. anyway, openerup

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

a primate posted:

afaik the app doesn’t run in the background like a message app, it needs to be on at all times. so if all those people who downloaded it don’t have it running, lol

I’ve never received an alert from mine, despite living in a hotspot and working in hospitals

the operating system runs the relevant bits in the background, there's no need to leave the app open

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

8400 will receive a second dose with Az. It's very likely people who received a first Az will get an mRNA booster instead of an Az booster.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Got Moderna about 48 hours ago. I was feeling pretty wiped yesterday, and I have some pain around the injection site. I also have pretty severe health anxiety so it's hard to separate fact from fiction with whatever symptoms I manage to conjure up for myself on any given day. Not looking forward to the second shot at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

pokeyman posted:

the operating system runs the relevant bits in the background, there's no need to leave the app open

ah, good to know