Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That draw between OC and Cody loving ruled, btw. Dunno if this is a hot take but OC's rally at the end was, imo, his best work in AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm not gonna toxx it, but I think Darby is winning this week as an inversion on Cody getting his rear end handed to him by Brodie. They already had him beat Cody's defense record, they're gonna have him do this thing that Cody couldn't do, too.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Ah, I wasn't watching AEW at the jump so I missed those first two. Although I should have seen the Cody / OC one, not remembering it though.

For all the talk about Darby being a huge draw, while true, I am personally a fan of Miro so I'll be rooting for him to crush Darby to dust. I want to see him be a happy maniac for a little while.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MJeff posted:

That draw between OC and Cody loving ruled, btw. Dunno if this is a hot take but OC's rally at the end was, imo, his best work in AEW.

i loved that finish, it was nearly perfect, timing was off by like a half second but otherwise amazing

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

don't overthink it. darby just got "injured" by two guys he's probably wrestling at the ppv, at the tail end of a brutal open challenge run where the whole story is "how long will his body hold up". he's losing to miro

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
As sure as I was about there are three Billy Gunn sons... Darby is retaining the TNT Title

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress i just rewatched that cody/oc finish and it's still so good, OC is being built so perfectly as this amazing comeback artist who just comes up short in the big match, when he wins gold i'm going to explode

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

As sure as I was about there are three Billy Gunn sons... Darby is retaining the TNT Title

As the third Gunn son, you're right.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I hope Darby bleeds as much as Cash Wheeler did. I want Miro to tear him apart like a one-man pack of hyenas. I like Darby, but I'd love a Miro murder more.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Maybe they could change my mind with a good match, but right now I feel that it would be a real let down if Miro can't get it done against an exhausted, one-armed, Sting-less Darby. I want him to be a monster.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

John Dudebro posted:

don't overthink it. darby just got "injured" by two guys he's probably wrestling at the ppv, at the tail end of a brutal open challenge run where the whole story is "how long will his body hold up". he's losing to miro

Yeah, this makes the most sense to me. Darby can then go on to feud with Sky/Ego (with Sting or Lance as his partner for tags) since they cost him the title. He'll have a good "face me now that I'm 100%" claim for a rematch against Miro down the line. Meanwhile, Miro can crush fools on the weekly for a little bit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
Maybe Miro loses because of Ethan and Sky's interference. Ethan gets a shot at DoN against a broken down Darby. Miro is pissed that Kip didn't even the odds and will have a match at DoN that ends up being Miro dismantling Kip for 19 minutes and 57 seconds.

(also i really want an angle where Ethan is clearly using Scorpio Sky to get a step up and Sky just doesn't realize that Ethan is the only person to ever purposely keep him down)

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait to see Miro forgive Sky & Page for costing him a title.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I lost last time but gently caress it.

:toxx: If Miro doesn't win the match probate me for a week please.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw, Zero Miedo's up on spotify.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am Scorpion now :toxx:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
arby dallin

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The two most straightforward stories you could tell with Darby/Miro are

1. Despite a valiant effort, a combination of regular wear and tear, the side effects of an assault and the sheer power of Miro is too much for Darby to overcome.
2. Miro, the man who has been gradually built as an unhinged, unpinned monster since his debut is not capable of beating a hobbled Darby, leaving an unknown wrestler to eventually claim the TNT title

I feel like the first is way better than the second, so I’m assuming that’s going to be the direction!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Eat My Fuc posted:

Babyface territories draw money, the only heel on top that drew long term was Flair and that was built off the back of the work of babyface territories. WWE has been a heel territory since 2014, and the decline is apparent.

Hold on now, are you saying that people like it when the good guys win? Side note here, but it's funny that WWE, a company literally built on near-invincible mega babyfaces, is now incapable of grasping the very basics of storytelling.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Last time WWE pushed a babyface as an invincible hero we all shat on it :colbert:

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

If WWE just had a face champ it wouldn't be completely unwatchable.

I don't care even a little about the context of what other titles are held by heels currently, Miro is the perfect character to go on a reign of terror to build up a major face title win in the future. It's a real waste if he doesn't get this opportunity when Darby and his dad can spin right off to a rebound storyline with Sky/Page.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

xbilkis posted:

The two most straightforward stories you could tell with Darby/Miro are

1. Despite a valiant effort, a combination of regular wear and tear, the side effects of an assault and the sheer power of Miro is too much for Darby to overcome.
2. Miro, the man who has been gradually built as an unhinged, unpinned monster since his debut is not capable of beating a hobbled Darby, leaving an unknown wrestler to eventually claim the TNT title

I feel like the first is way better than the second, so I’m assuming that’s going to be the direction!

Tony will take a look at his convoluted Rankings formulae before the match and decide that Miro’s 56 wins on Dark and Elevation last week just don’t match up to Darby’s win on Dynamite back in February and thus, Darby goes over.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Because we all choked on the smell of his rocket fuel, nobody liked him enough to think he was ace material, his booking was constantly anticlimatic and made his opponents look like utter chumps, he took attention away from hotter acts, his character was a dull-as-dishwater dope who almost never felt like he had a single moment of actual emotion in anything he did, and he was in that slot for far too long. And he was the face of a really dull and lovely era of WWE in general in a time where people could remember WWE being good once.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 10, 2021

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that's pretty harsh, cody has done good work

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

lol

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

yea ok posted:

Jesu Christo

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Seams posted:

Last time WWE pushed a babyface as an invincible hero we all shat on it :colbert:

Yes, the decline has been pretty harsh.

yea ok posted:

:drat:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

miro can win as long as scu also win

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

yea ok posted:

Reported for murder

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I am not a coward

If Darby retains the TNT title on Wednesday probate me for a week :toxx:

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
I mean Darby squeaked out a win on Brian Cage and 10 already so I feel like he's probably gonna beat Miro somehow. It'll probably be another "Darby gets beat to within an inch of his life, but then somehow rolls up Miro".

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Lanky_Nibz posted:

I mean Darby squeaked out a win on Brian Cage and 10 already so I feel like he's probably gonna beat Miro somehow. It'll probably be another "Darby gets beat to within an inch of his life, but then somehow rolls up Miro".

My fear is that Miro will lose due to Kip interference. That would suck.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Miro is going to stomp Darby's body into a paste and throw the remains into a shredder

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I want Darby to drop the tittle already and Miro is the perfect one to finally murder him. It's not going to happen but:

Rarity posted:

I am not a coward

If Darby retains the TNT title on Wednesday probate me for a week :toxx:

Let's do it. Add me to this :toxx: too. Next Thursday half of the posters of this thread will get probated lmao.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

lol Darby is retaining, this thread will be empty this week. My time to shine!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

My prediction is that something will happen

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

and yet you’re not willing to toxx on it. curious

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

and yet you’re not willing to toxx on it. curious

What if it’s the one week when AEW does a WWE and nothing happens

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a cyborg mug posted:

What if it’s the one week when AEW does a WWE and nothing happens

They already did their Thanksgiving 2019 episode!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

inthesto posted:

JD Drake's "feelin cute" expression is what take the photo from great to legendary

The best thing about the Handsome Boy Modelling School is that JD Drake isn't being used as a joke. If this was the WWE, he'd be parading around in shirts that leave half of his stomach hanging around and people would be dunking on him for not being in peak physical condition. It'd all be one long fat joke, probably with a hefty side order of homophobia because at least some of the other members would be cartoonish caricatures of what Vince thinks gay people are like. Because, you know, pretty boys.

But in AEW it's wholesome. It's four guys having fun together and clearly having a good time.

E:

this face god damnit

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:35 on May 10, 2021