Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Noxville posted:

Nah they were very low for most of summer (particularly the back half), it’s spring that was the nightmare. They started picking up hugely in September when the hot weather came to an end and people started spending a lot more time indoors

Covid variants vs a fully vaccinated population is going to make this autumn very interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Lord of the Llamas posted:

The Starmer Effect.

Nice y-axis, Ed Davey

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Comrade Fakename posted:

lol Keir publicly ate fish and chips in the Hartleypool campaign in order to connect with the working man, even though he's a lifelong vegetarian.

Milliband chomped down on that bacon sandwich despite being Jewish.

What is it with Labour leaders and food?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

keep punching joe posted:

Milliband isn’t a practicing Jew though I don’t think and the bacon sarnie was absolutely not a staged thing

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

keep punching joe posted:

Image consultant wonks who keep trying to make their leaders look like regular people with cringe photoshoots which only make them seem even more artifical and freakish

E: ^^ fair enough that was just a paparazzi shot

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There is something incredibly perverse about coplord starmer being a vegetarian.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

The Starmer Effect.

Honestly given the change in direction I'm surprised he's only lost 1/6 of the membership. He's probably purged a bigger proportion than that from party employees.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Noxville posted:

Milliband isn’t a practicing Jew though I don’t think and the bacon sarnie was absolutely not a staged thing
Yeah Ed's just culturally Jewish, which is why the papers kept calling him a 'North London geek' and a 'rootless Marxist intellectual' (this being 8 months before they all started caring about antisemitism) and he lives in an old house in a traditionally Jewish area which is why he has two kitchens.

Man just wanted a sandwich in peace.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

In other news:

https://twitter.com/standardnews/status/1391710357379497986?s=19

"Cases are where they were last summer." Weren't they nightmarishly bad last summer?
Deaths are currently in the single figures per day which is a bit better than last summer where it took until the end of last summer to go below 10. However current cases are worse than last summer; we're currently at about 2000 per day compared to ~600-750 last year. However I think that says more about the increase in testing rather than there being more actual cases circulating.

Deaths and cases are still going down but the declines are slow. If it continues it could be seriously suppressed by the end of the summer, but I can't help but think holidaymakers are going to ensure the SA and/or Brazilian variants take hold and undo our AZ-led effort.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Each idea is a territory, and Starmer handed all of Labour's to the Tories. There was no fight, only concession after concession, and for what quid pro quo exactly? It's shitweak and senseless.

The Tories have taken the territory of housing stability, and the territory of youth jobs prospects, and the territory of a way through this pandemic. What does Labour have? Even the Lib Dems had plastic bags and AV when they were operating as a Tory subsidiary. They had the discourse over nuclear power, too.

Greens have the environment, and that will be an increasingly crucial territory. Labour has got to claim something, else the greens will fill the vacuum of opposition that Labour leave behind.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Borrovan posted:

Nice y-axis, Ed Davey

Just to be clear I did not choose the y-axis!

blunt posted:

Honestly given the change in direction I'm surprised he's only lost 1/6 of the membership. He's probably purged a bigger proportion than that from party employees.

It takes quite a long time for someone to drop off after going into arrears so we'll see. There are definitely members who were just hanging on for the Scottish Elections (our constituency candidate was a lefty). I am not optimistic about membership levels in a years time at the current direction of travel for the party.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The Starmer Effect.

Where is that from and how are they determining "active" members?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Comrade Fakename posted:

lol Keir publicly ate fish and chips in the Hartleypool campaign in order to connect with the working man, even though he's a lifelong vegetarian.
Doesn't seem like the first time eg https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/keir-starmer-plymouth-fish-chips-5270054

Maybe he's pescatarian?

Edit: Yeah, I don't think he's vegetarian at all - https://www.facebook.com/theeatinghabitsofpoliticians/posts/667889040473522

Flayer fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 10, 2021

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

sebzilla posted:

Where is that from and how are they determining "active" members?

It's my CLP's membership figures for the last year.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No need to bring religion into it.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Just a wild amount of questions about why this Facebook group exists

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
He's been eating nothing but poo poo this past week.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

peanut- posted:

Just a wild amount of questions about why this Facebook group exists

I'd rather none of those questions were answered tbh

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

What does it say (you've got to have a Facebook account to view)?

He's on record as talking about being vegetarian as a matter of principle as recently as 2020, hearty lol if he started eating meat just to appeal to right wingers

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Borrovan posted:

What does it say (you've got to have a Facebook account to view)?

He's on record as talking about being vegetarian as a matter of principle as recently as 2020, hearty lol if he started eating meat just to appeal to right wingers

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
He can't even sit at a loving table normally.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Surely he's just a pescatarian rather than a vegetarian then?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

stev posted:

The focus group will get back to you in due course.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

He's got the same "hold me back" rabid photo energy as Tony Blair

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It looks like someone cut him out in Photoshop and dropped him to 60% of his regular size.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Azza Bamboo posted:

Each idea is a territory, and Starmer handed all of Labour's to the Tories. There was no fight, only concession after concession, and for what quid pro quo exactly? It's shitweak and senseless.

The Tories have taken the territory of housing stability, and the territory of youth jobs prospects, and the territory of a way through this pandemic. What does Labour have? Even the Lib Dems had plastic bags and AV when they were operating as a Tory subsidiary. They had the discourse over nuclear power, too.

Greens have the environment, and that will be an increasingly crucial territory. Labour has got to claim something, else the greens will fill the vacuum of opposition that Labour leave behind.

JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS

WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It looks like someone cut him out in Photoshop and dropped him to 60% of his regular size.

He's being slowly airbrushed out of history. By next week he'll only be 3 inches tall

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Lol cool I now have three second doses of the vaccine booked (one automatically booked by the centre I got the first one at, one I arranged via 119 because that first centre told me to do that, and one from my GP). I'm gonna get all of them and take all of the 5G bandwidth and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

He's being slowly airbrushed out of history. By next week he'll only be 3 inches tall
"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as someone uses the shrink tool to transform me into a corn cob

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

He was on Ridge a month after that photo talking about being a vegetarian & specifically said he missed chicken curry, so yeah pescatarian sounds right but probably the sort of thing you'd mention if being interviewed about your dietary habits?

Could this be the scandal that finishes him?!?!?!?!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/AndyBurnhamGM/status/1391781151451271170
I feel like I should have a comment on this beyond 'L M A O', but nothing is suggesting itself.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

stev posted:

Or as Mark Kermode describes himself, a fish and chipocrite

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I wouldn't be surprised if he chose a pescatarian diet in an attempt to triangulate.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
https://twitter.com/RepKevinBoyle/status/1391746352888025090?s=20

lol what

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Lol cool I now have three second doses of the vaccine booked (one automatically booked by the centre I got the first one at, one I arranged via 119 because that first centre told me to do that, and one from my GP). I'm gonna get all of them and take all of the 5G bandwidth and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

don't be greedy, man, ask for one of them to put one in a doggy bag and send it to me

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Possibly an oblique reference to Eoghan Harris (Irish journalist, playwright, director, columnist and politician) and a few others using a fake Twitter account under the name: Barbara J. Pym to bash anyone who was not pro Unionist or who just pissed him off in general.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Borrovan posted:

He was on Ridge a month after that photo talking about being a vegetarian & specifically said he missed chicken curry, so yeah pescatarian sounds right but probably the sort of thing you'd mention if being interviewed about your dietary habits?

Could this be the scandal that finishes him?!?!?!?!

You know who else was vegetarian and got outflanked on the left by the Tories?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm simultaneously getting nagging texts from my GP telling me it's time to book my second jab, and texts from GSTT inviting me to go to them for my first jab (presumably because I underwent elective surgery at Guy's a few days ago). I don't quite know how to untangle that so maybe I'll just get 4 jabs too

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Just Another Lurker posted:

Possibly an oblique reference to Eoghan Harris (Irish journalist, playwright, director, columnist and politician) and a few others using a fake Twitter account under the name: Barbara J. Pym to bash anyone who was not pro Unionist or who just pissed him off in general.

I'm just gonna say it but I am related to Eoghan Harris and I can tell you for a fact he's a complete nutcase and there is no conspiracy going on there, he's just a grifter.

Just Another Lurker posted:

(Irish journalist, playwright, director, columnist and politician)

Please use the modifier "self-proclaimed"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Barry Foster posted:

don't be greedy, man, ask for one of them to put one in a doggy bag and send it to me

It's quite funny because they obviously have all the right data - 119 knew I'd had my first dose, and my GP's text also specifically said second dose - but *not* that I'd already arranged the second dose weeks ago.

However as I'm going to have two spares, anyone got any leads on a reliable supplier of false arms I can collect my surplus doses in for redistribution?

(In all seriousness - stick your head round the door of your nearest non-mass vaccination centre - the ones in pharmacists - and ask if they have a waiting list for spare doses, most do and will ring round at the end of the day to offer them out if they have them)