Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Fine, I'll take the other side:

If Miro wins the title this wednesday I will gift a tier 1 sub to his channel to the first person who quotes this post and says "baba booey" :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Senerio posted:

If Miro wins the title this wednesday I will gift a tier 1 sub to his channel to the first person who quotes this post and says "baba booey" :toxx:

baba booey baby

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rarity posted:

baba booey baby

Cool. If Miro wins the title on Wednesday, pm me with your Twitch username and I will gift it to you as soon as I am able.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

smarxist posted:

gently caress i just rewatched that cody/oc finish and it's still so good, OC is being built so perfectly as this amazing comeback artist who just comes up short in the big match, when he wins gold i'm going to explode

Tony Khan wants to build a big moment and OC winning the title at the first fully attended PPV is going to be some poo poo. They are going to have a lot of momentum when they start up the touring again.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The best thing about the Handsome Boy Modelling School is that JD Drake isn't being used as a joke. If this was the WWE, he'd be parading around in shirts that leave half of his stomach hanging around and people would be dunking on him for not being in peak physical condition. It'd all be one long fat joke, probably with a hefty side order of homophobia because at least some of the other members would be cartoonish caricatures of what Vince thinks gay people are like. Because, you know, pretty boys.

But in AEW it's wholesome. It's four guys having fun together and clearly having a good time.

E:

this face god damnit

Yeah this gets me as well, it's like, hell yeah, handsome boys, being handsome boys and there's no joke to it, it's just a bunch of sexy men.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Yeah. It's not cruel. The joke is "look at these handsome goofs", not "look at this (fat/skinny/whatever) guy who thinks he's handsome. What an idiot!"

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The best thing about the Handsome Boy Modelling School is that JD Drake isn't being used as a joke. If this was the WWE, he'd be parading around in shirts that leave half of his stomach hanging around and people would be dunking on him for not being in peak physical condition. It'd all be one long fat joke, probably with a hefty side order of homophobia because at least some of the other members would be cartoonish caricatures of what Vince thinks gay people are like. Because, you know, pretty boys.

But in AEW it's wholesome. It's four guys having fun together and clearly having a good time.

E:

this face god damnit

JD genuinely looks good in that shirt too lol

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

My exact theory on Miro vs Darby is this: Time limit draw. Miro is clearly going to get him but Darby being unkillable saves him. Either that or an interference DQ when Sky/Eggo interfere.

Either way, fatal 4 way for the title with those 4 at the ppv, Eggo eats the pin to either Darby or Miro there.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Almost like AEW realizes....different types of bodies can all be sexy!!!

It’s a little thing but it’s honestly nice to see, especially in a business so physique obsessed as professional wrestling!!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Senerio posted:

I will also bet!

If Miro doesn't win, I will donate $20 to a charity of Senerio's choosing. :toxx:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I do keep waiting for the other shoe to drop with the JD Drake story because I am trained by WWE to assume that if these people are being overly nice to someone that they're going to eventually pie him in the face or like dump chocolate on him or something.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
JD Drake is the new definition of "ruggedly handsome."

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Miro will win by forfeit when Darby is unable to compete and the rules lawyering on these toxes will be the Discourse until the heat death of the universe.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I legit think if Peter Avalon was either bigger or more athletic, he could be a star. He's AEW's Heath Slater, and that's a compliment.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cody will add himself to the match last minute and win the title before hugging his best friend QT Marshall as the New Nightmares prepare to challenge the Bucks for the titles.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Saul Goode posted:

Miro will win by forfeit when Darby is unable to compete and the rules lawyering on these toxes will be the Discourse until the heat death of the universe.

At least for mine I'm going to go with the bookie-esque "If they announce "your winner and new TNT Champion, Miro" or substantially similar by the end of the show" which i think covers a lot of bases

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i want miro to win for two reasons: a. I love miro currently and I think he can be the psycho heel that lance archer was never really allowed to be for whatever reason, and b. I'm a big darby fan as well but I want to see if AEW can successfully keep a top guy as a draw without having a belt or immediately going after the heavyweight belt

either way it will be a good match and i hope everyone has fun

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I legit think if Peter Avalon was either bigger or more athletic, he could be a star. He's AEW's Heath Slater, and that's a compliment.

Better, he's AEW's Norv Fernum. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjFf__EshbY

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

They're in NXT

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I had no idea Technique By Taz was rooted in such deep history

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nathan fielder lookin rear end

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

If Miro doesnt win and there is no interference or someone coming in after the match, doesn't that kill his momentum. Like what does Miro do next if he loses?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TV Zombie posted:

If Miro doesnt win and there is no interference or someone coming in after the match, doesn't that kill his momentum. Like what does Miro do next if he loses?

The only way I think Miro can lose and have it not immediately make him look dumb is "DQ for kicking too much rear end" (which sucks) or Kip causing a DQ/count out by fighting Miro, and I doubt they bring Kip back so soon.

If Miro gets pinned by a guy whose story has been that he's been killing himself for a month then got thrown down the stairs, he looks like a boob. Even if they do a big beatdown after a flash pin or something, it feels bad for Miro. Plus, then you have to start building for someone else to beat Darby which seems like a lot of floundering for Darby and the belt.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

projecthalaxy posted:

I will also bet!

If Miro doesn't win, I will donate $20 to a charity of Senerio's choosing. :toxx:

Trevor project.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I hope Ethan Page beats Darby and rechristens the belt as the TSN title.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

AEW are touring: https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1391754911545692161

Most intriguing part:

quote:

The show at Chaifetz Arena in St. Louis on June 23 has been rescheduled for Friday, November 5, 2021. The live event will be an AEW TNT television taping

So not necessarily Dynamite. Second show?

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 10, 2021

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lamuella posted:

AEW are touring: https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1391754911545692161

Most intriguing part:

So not necessarily Dynamite. Second show?

“AEW TV Taping” in St. Louis on Friday, November 5th is interesting.

Edit: For whatever it’s worth, during Cody’s last Q&A I asked him if we’d hear more details about the console game or third hour first and the answer was “Probably the latter.”

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 10, 2021

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Lol if AEW on TNT #2 is head to head with Smackdown.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The fact that it's a taping rather than specified as a live event leaves possibilities open.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

blunt posted:

Lol if AEW on TNT #2 is head to head with Smackdown.

There's unfortunately not a ton of room to place it otherwise.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

There's always Saturdays at 6:05

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lamuella posted:

There's always Saturdays at 6:05

Got to imagine the television network executives veto Cody on this one.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

If you look at these graphics closely you can see Darby Allin jump off Jericho's head and land on Omega's thumb. https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1391757098900393989

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Lamuella posted:

If you look at these graphics closely you can see Darby Allin jump off Jericho's head and land on Omega's thumb. https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1391757098900393989

Gonna try for Dallas tickets. My wife wasn't big enough into AEW when they ran Dallas in 2019 but now she really wants to go. We're both vaccinated so we'll have a go at it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Are those indoor or outdoor arenas?

Also lmao that TK beat Vince to touring.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

MJeff posted:

Are those indoor or outdoor arenas?

Also lmao that TK beat Vince to touring.

All three are indoor.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A Friday in November for an “AEW TNT Television Taping”

:eyepop:

Please be a weekend show

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Welp, I’m going to the Austin show

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Tony is making Smackdown move to Sunday Nights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I suppose they did test a 1hr Saturday Night Dynamite last year. I wonder if the plan is to bulk tape the 1hr show on alternate weeks.