Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

And the dark secret of mutant/Krakoa society comes to light: they have a flat tax.

Me when Krokoa annexes an island it floats towards: 😴

Me when Krokoa has a tax system that benefits the wealthy: 😡😡😡

This is the last straw, Professor X!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

JordanKai posted:

Xavier announces that his favorite book is atlas shrugged and starts to invite former chairs of the federal reserves to play sax for him

Also x-factor is ending at 10

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 11, 2021

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Williams is writing the Trial of Magneto, and X-Factor is probably involved with the investigation. Hopefully that’s the case. I like the team, but the plotting hasn’t been very exciting.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

bobkatt013 posted:

Goddamnit!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

JordanKai posted:

Magneto: Behold, the next mutant to be raised from the dead is RON PAUL. His power? Rational politics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

bobkatt013 posted:

what the gently caress!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
:sigh: How X-Factor ends while Excalibur persists is the real mystery.

(I don't hate Excalibur or anything but just...it's basically "'WHy?' The Ongoing Series")

(like why are Rogue and Gambit even there)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

:sigh: How X-Factor ends while Excalibur persists is the real mystery.

(I don't hate Excalibur or anything but just...it's basically "'WHy?' The Ongoing Series")

(like why are Rogue and Gambit even there)

Cause Leah Williams is doing trial of magneto

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Why haven't they been doing previews for issues the last few weeks? Am I going to the wrong sites?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Maybe something to do with the Diamond situation?

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Gaz-L posted:

Maybe something to do with the Diamond situation?

Ah that would make sense

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

X-Corp was... fine, but the art really stands out as kind of bland compared to having folks like David Baldeon and Mahmud Asrar on other X-books.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Not sure if I should bother checking X-Corp. It's another Tini Howard book and Excalibur is already mediocre enough, writing-wise.

Children of the Atom #3 also came out today. Someone let me know if it's finally good or if we can stop saying there are no bad X books in the Krakoa era other than Fallen Angels.

X-Factor #9 was kind convoluted, but I liked all plates spinning and they were spinning well enough. I'll miss this book.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

X-Factor #9 was kind convoluted, but I liked all plates spinning and they were spinning well enough. I'll miss this book.

Felt rushed since Lorna is gone. Like they are wrapping up and summarizing the two main plotlines they wanted to explore. Eyeboy being more powerful than anyone realizes is a nice little nod though.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah... That stupid poll pisses me off. With so many characters available and doing nothing in Krakoa, why list main characters from other books as options?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

Yeah... That stupid poll pisses me off. With so many characters available and doing nothing in Krakoa, why list main characters from other books as options?

Maybe they knew x-factor was ending since she is doing trial of magneto so that’s why she was in the poll

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I enjoyed X Corp well enough. I can’t believe I’m saying that it’s nice to see Angel just be Angel for a bit. Nice little cast so far, and I’m looking forward to see where they go with the concept.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
X-Corp seems to be pretty cool...if you're a Monet fan. Empirical evidence tells me those exist, although I find her very hard to like and this issue simply exacerbates that tenfold.

Speaking of which, everything they try to do to make the Children of the Atom more sympathetic and relatable...just makes me like them less. At first it was just "Yeah I don't care that much about these characters" and now it's more "Wow I actively dislike them."

radlum
May 13, 2013
X-Corp was fine, but the art was too bland. It's a shame that other new releases like SWORD or Way of X had better artists, while this one is just "fine"

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Children of the Atom #3 also came out today. Someone let me know if it's finally good or if we can stop saying there are no bad X books in the Krakoa era other than Fallen Angels.

I knew I read 3 x-books this morning but it took me a while to remember the 3rd and it was CotA. It's only 3 issues in and maybe where they're heading with the plot is worth it, but I feel they're overly focusing on the characters at the expense of the plot. I get less invested with each issue

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-Corps seemed like a bunch of gibberish to me. The white streak in Jamie's hair also looks bad.

And so far it seems like no one can write Jamie nearly half as well as Peter David.

X-Factor was really good though. I'm glad Shatterstar is getting a moment, no matter how brief.

Lots of ups and downs for former Peter David X-Factor characters. Just goes to show how great his run was.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Read X-Corp. The art's fine, except for the colorist who got confused about Jamie's hair halfway through the book. The writing, though, meh. It's like a kid pretending to play house, except it's an adult trying to write a business comic book and billionaire meetings. That same writer can't also write British society either other than trying to base stuff from what she read on Wikipedia, so I wouldn't expect better here. Monet and Jamie are also written bland and out of character, but (as mentioned above) it's hard to do a better take when people remember Peter David's years of writing those characters.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This was the first issue of CotA that I actually enjoyed. It actually seems like it's going somewhere, but I'm still not sold. I think I'm gonna drop it until I hear it gets better.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/emilywritesgood/status/1392879150038401030?s=19

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1392556818879090693

Hilarious. Leah Williams gets warned the book is axed during the scripting of #9. That sure feels like the right way to let a writer finish what they had planned with enough room to breathe. gently caress Marvel.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

How to destroy plotlines the Marvel way.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
God that loving sucks. For me. X factor is easily my favorite title right now and it being canceled so early (and in such a lovely manner) is infuriating.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I'm hoping that it's just being retooled into something else, I want that creative team to stick together.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

How Wonderful! posted:

I'm hoping that it's just being retooled into something else, I want that creative team to stick together.

Williams is gonna be writing The Trial of Magneto, which I can't imagine will be an ongoing, so hopefully they'll get a new book when that ends

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Yeah. My fingers are crossed that they're just taking hiatus to make room for the Magneto thing and maybe restructure around the absence of Polaris. Based on some cover previews it looks like some of the other contest nominees are getting shuffled into other books like Banshee and Tempo on Marauders so I'm staying optimistic.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I really enjoy X-Factor. So many treasures in that one. I didn't know I'd love Eye-Boy.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Leah Williams was amazing at not only making me care about obscure/unused characters, but I also really love the callbacks to continuity that didn't get in the way of plot.

This issue had the Shatterstar's "unique" family tree being mentioned, but one plot point I had completely forgotten was Northstar's long work relationship with Dani: they spent a couple of years working together as teachers back in New X-Men/Hellions/Academy X days -- of course he would ask her for help regarding a kid under his care. Just love that little detail!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I give props to Williams just for remembering that Rachel's actual actual power is chrono-skimming and everything else is Phoenix related.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/xternaIs/status/1394501308606939138?s=20

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

That's a better outfit than Jean wore in HoX, at least. :newlol:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hoxpoxcox

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Wolverine should have been the shorter actor. They never get this detail right. Shaking my head here.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Logan should be in the middle.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

They have Jean in a comic costume, Logan in what he mostly wears in the movies, but Scott they just have in sweat pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Laundry day for Scott