Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Maugrim posted:

I'm simultaneously getting nagging texts from my GP telling me it's time to book my second jab, and texts from GSTT inviting me to go to them for my first jab (presumably because I underwent elective surgery at Guy's a few days ago). I don't quite know how to untangle that so maybe I'll just get 4 jabs too

I just got a text for my first jab and it's only giving me the option to book for Wednesday, which will already be my busiest day this week. Is that normal or should I have the option to pick another day? I assume if I just leave it and try again tomorrow it'll offer me Thursday instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

xtothez posted:

I just got a text for my first jab and it's only giving me the option to book for Wednesday, which will already be my busiest day this week. Is that normal or should I have the option to pick another day? I assume if I just leave it and try again tomorrow it'll offer me Thursday instead.

I think it's more that the 2nd dose appointments are now starting to ramp up so, paradoxically, the opportunities to get a first dose are being constrained.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

xtothez posted:

I got offered multiple days but only midweek and only in 2 weeks' time. It'll depend what slots are available. You could try somewhere further away.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Always suspected Michael Higgins' dog being a brit plant.
Always trying to disrupt irish democracy by looking for belly rubs.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm mostly pissed off because it means the stalker we picked up last year is going to start harrassing us to meet up again and I'm too nice to just tell him to gently caress off and find someone else.

:stare:

i want to know more about this

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Lord of the Llamas posted:

The Starmer Effect.

lol at this y-axis

don't make me make a VENN diagram to upset you

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It's quite funny because they obviously have all the right data - 119 knew I'd had my first dose, and my GP's text also specifically said second dose - but *not* that I'd already arranged the second dose weeks ago.

However as I'm going to have two spares, anyone got any leads on a reliable supplier of false arms I can collect my surplus doses in for redistribution?

(In all seriousness - stick your head round the door of your nearest non-mass vaccination centre - the ones in pharmacists - and ask if they have a waiting list for spare doses, most do and will ring round at the end of the day to offer them out if they have them)

Nearest one is miles outside of town and I don't drive, unfortunately.

I know I gotta be patient but I'm starting to get twitchy now.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1391785162430717960

lol

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Lord of the Llamas posted:

The Starmer Effect.

So basically your CLP has lost 150 members (who have either quit or are on the 'part arrears' list).
I'm trying to remember the categories:
active = paying monthly sub or paid an annual sub that is still running
part arrears = monthly sub ceased up to 5 months ago or annual sub not renewed for up to 17 months from when it was last paid

6 months no monthly or 6 months since non-renewal of annual sub = no longer a member

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Aidan_702 posted:

I'm just gonna say it but I am related to Eoghan Harris and I can tell you for a fact he's a complete nutcase and there is no conspiracy going on there, he's just a grifter.

Please use the modifier "self-proclaimed"

Thanks for the clarification, got enough problems with the people in Co. Antrim so i didn't look too deep. :tipshat:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

fudge yay!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

:stare:

i want to know more about this
Ehh. Just a guy we met when we went to a comedy show pre lockdown. My wife said she liked his jacket and he then proceeded to seek us out at the breaks and after the show. He was boring as hell but asked if we could add him on facebook. We added him expecting him to just fall off and get deleted because we met him once, but he replies to everything and keeps sending us pms trying to chat.

I stopped replying and then deleted him, but he still keeps trying to add me and keeps replying to my wife saying he can't wait until lockdown is over and we can all meet up, even though he lives over an hour's drive away.

I think he's pathologised his own fantasy of a friendship because we talked to him (once), and then we went into lockdown and hasn't seen anyone else so he's latched on to us.

I'm also getting pretty incel vibes from him in terms of simping over my wife on facebook.

I sort of feel bad for the guy, but also I do not want to spend a single second around him than I absolutely have to, and I am strongly of the opinion that I do not have to give him any of my time.

All of which is a long winded way of saying I do not like this guy who is trying way too hard to be our friend.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
This is why you should never talk to anyone

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

His Divine Shadow posted:

This was very much my point that I feel like this whole debacle has proven.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ehh. Just a guy we met when we went to a comedy show pre lockdown. My wife said she liked his jacket and he then proceeded to seek us out at the breaks and after the show. He was boring as hell but asked if we could add him on facebook. We added him expecting him to just fall off and get deleted because we met him once, but he replies to everything and keeps sending us pms trying to chat.

I stopped replying and then deleted him, but he still keeps trying to add me and keeps replying to my wife saying he can't wait until lockdown is over and we can all meet up, even though he lives over an hour's drive away.

I think he's pathologised his own fantasy of a friendship because we talked to him (once), and then we went into lockdown and hasn't seen anyone else so he's latched on to us.

I'm also getting pretty incel vibes from him in terms of simping over my wife on facebook.

I sort of feel bad for the guy, but also I do not want to spend a single second around him than I absolutely have to, and I am strongly of the opinion that I do not have to give him any of my time.

All of which is a long winded way of saying I do not like this guy who is trying way too hard to be our friend.

Check with your wife if you haven't already and if she agrees you've got to do the hard thing and directly tell him he's being an overbearing creep and to back off, if that doesn't stop him then block him. Nothing good will come from letting this guy fester trying to insert himself into your lives.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

His Divine Shadow posted:

:hai:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

multijoe posted:

Check with your wife if you haven't already and if she agrees you've got to do the hard thing and directly tell him he's being an overbearing creep and to back off, if that doesn't stop him then block him. Nothing good will come from letting this guy fester trying to insert himself into your lives.

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1276794436484202496?s=19

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm not going to tell her what to do, but I've made it clear that I don't want him knowing where we live and that we really shouldn't encourage him.

I have BAMO'd and while I have encouraged her to do the same I'm really not a 'put my foot down' type of husband.

I fully anticipate him moving in with us in a year. :sigh:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm not going to tell her what to do, but I've made it clear that I don't want him knowing where we live and that we really shouldn't encourage him.

I have BAMO'd and while I have encouraged her to do the same I'm really not a 'put my foot down' type of husband.

I fully anticipate him moving in with us in a year. :sigh:

It's not really putting your foot down its communicating your boundaries

The alternative is you just stay quiet and get angrier at everyone involved, which is an attactive strategy but not a great one

It's also nicer imo to tell someone to gently caress off than to hate them behind their back forever until you're both in the same old folks home

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Communist Thoughts posted:

The alternative is you just stay quiet and get angrier at everyone involved, which is an attactive strategy but not a great one
I mean this has been my go-to strategy for everything else.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
All I can think of is that episode of extras with the Welsh guy. Go out for a meal with him then drown yourself in your tomato soup IMO

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

congrats on your impending polycule bobby

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
God, Polly Toynbee's straight back writing her haughty, prescriptive advice columns to the Labour party as if the last week and her previous article had never happened.

I guess that's a finely honed skill of hers by now though.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

God, Polly Toynbee's straight back writing her haughty, prescriptive advice columns to the Labour party as if the last week and her previous article had never happened.

All of the top voted comments are calling her an idiot at least, the worm might be starting to turn for the centre-left

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Pistol_Pete posted:

the guardian commenteriat do not like that article one bit lol
top pick for example -
“When will that be Polly? In a year? Two years? A decade? You think his supporters are just going to turn on him like that? Consider everything he's done these past two years, and how he remains more popular than ever....”

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
finally got the text to schedule a jab - interestingly it specifically said pfizer vaccine in the text

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

bump_fn posted:

finally got the text to schedule a jab - interestingly it specifically said pfizer vaccine in the text

Are you under 40? If so that might explain it..

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

blunt posted:

yeah - i saw they were gonna give the option but didn’t know that it was already rolling out. it didn’t let me schedule the second one yet, tho

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/10/train-firms-worker-bonus-email-is-actually-cyber-security-test?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Lol this is in unbelievably poor taste.

Tldr: company emailed all their staff saying they were going to get a bonus for working so hard through the pandemic. Anyone who followed the link got taken to a stern Web page warning them about phishing attempts, and clarifying that there was no bonus.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I see Rayner just doesnt give a poo poo what Kiers doing and is making her own policies now.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

blunt posted:

I'm 38, and the local vaccination centres just started accepting bookings for under 40s this week. Got through easily enough, and now have an appointment booked for thursday. It's an 80 mile round trip, but that's relatively local for here. I'm assuming it's Pfizer, because that particular centre is set up for it.

In other news, there's a covid outbreak at one of the local holiday ghetto caravan parks. The places are packed to capacity, and hundreds of people from them have packing into the local pubs, shoulder-to-shoulder in bars that are outdoor only through the technicality of being made from fabric. No way of telling where the infection came from, or to how many places across the UK it's been spread to.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

lol at this y-axis

don't make me make a VENN diagram to upset you

This y-axis was imposed on us centrally by Labour head office and I take no responsibility for it.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

So basically your CLP has lost 150 members (who have either quit or are on the 'part arrears' list).
I'm trying to remember the categories:
active = paying monthly sub or paid an annual sub that is still running
part arrears = monthly sub ceased up to 5 months ago or annual sub not renewed for up to 17 months from when it was last paid

6 months no monthly or 6 months since non-renewal of annual sub = no longer a member

Looking at the current breakdown it seems that active members still includes those who are in part arrears.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

The Perfect Element posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/10/train-firms-worker-bonus-email-is-actually-cyber-security-test?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Tldr: company emailed all their staff saying they were going to get a bonus for working so hard through the pandemic. Anyone who followed the link got taken to a stern Web page warning them about phishing attempts, and clarifying that there was no bonus.

didnt some american company do this last year and get absolutely poo poo on for it? who reads about crap like this and thinks "yeah, sounds great, I'll steal that"

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

serious gaylord posted:

I see Rayner just doesnt give a poo poo what Kiers doing and is making her own policies now.

https://twitter.com/DismalChips/status/1391729526187732996

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Perfect Element posted:

That's the sort of poo poo people should resign on the spot over. You don't joke about people's cashflow, especially now.

My place actually did give a surprise £500 to every employee and if they'd turned around and said "lol nope also you're reprimanded for believing us" there'd have been riots (via MS Teams).

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

multijoe posted:

All of the top voted comments are calling her an idiot at least, the worm might be starting to turn for the centre-left

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/SanitaryNaptime/status/1391833575805313029?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

wh...what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

I imagine the existence of the SNP might skew the poll away from the result they want.