Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/GlynisWinestein/status/1391666907116359684?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Kaveman posted:

How has she not got a proper job yet

Why do these unelected MPs just stick around like flies on poo poo
once your name's out there you can just form a stable of journalists who know you're up for a quote and some face time. in extreme cases, hanging around near the bbc offices can keep you in dodgy opportunities.

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

Sorry, new manifesto addendum will now be “They’re Also Doing It Wrong: If you proles really knew what was best for you, you would vote Labour.”

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Toynbee explicitly said that before these elections

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

has anyone asked keith what he thinks about the latest goings on in Palestine?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

marktheando posted:

has anyone asked keith what he thinks about the latest goings on in Palestine?
yeah, see the thread title

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

The new Labour manifesto will be called “But they are doing it the wrong way”

-Brexit is good, but they are doing it the wrong way.
-Austerity is good, but they are doing it the wrong way.
-Pay rise for nurses is good, but they are doing it the wrong way (it’s too much!!!!).
-Tories are good actually, but they are doing it the wrong way. Labour will give you the Tory policies, but done right.

“Same stuff. Better haircut”

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Labour: We're the Tories but we do not put our dicks in hog's heads.

You owe us.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kaveman posted:

How has she not got a proper job yet

Why do these unelected MPs just stick around like flies on poo poo

She does, she's a lobbyist for gambling companies

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

An insane mind posted:

Labour: We're the Tories but we do not put our dicks in hog's heads.

You owe us.

But only because we don't get invited to any of those parties

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
All of Starmer's top advisers are not elected (Chapman, Mandelson etc). They fully do not care whether Labour wins elections or not, all they care is that they keep their jobs come hell or high water. Keith is either in on it or just powerfully stupid

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

As sir keith's mistress shows, the best way to get a job telling people how to get elected is to be parachuted into a safe seat and lose it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My mom asked me today how Brexit went and I honestly couldn't even tell her. How are you fine folks fairing these days?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

My mom asked me today how Brexit went and I honestly couldn't even tell her. How are you fine folks fairing these days?
we literally haven't even started dealing with the real costs yet, we've managed to postpone a bunch of restrictions and our fishing industry is, our fish are fine, they're very happy actually

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Bust Rodd posted:

Work has agreed that I can remote into London from Ireland, and are drawing up the contracts now. After that it's a matter of either waiting out the travel restrictions or just going for it through them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol we're a total joke of a "democracy"

https://twitter.com/PeterKGeoghegan/status/1391795803409244160?s=20
https://twitter.com/PeterKGeoghegan/status/1391795806626328580?s=20

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1391785162430717960?s=20

BORIS!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1391807071696347139

What a loser lol

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Kieth 2021 : Good physical & mental health (37%)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

united kiethdom

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

keir is playing an absolute blinder, completely making GBS threads the bed so absolutely no one wants to become leader thereby ensuring his position for years to come

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jel Shaker posted:

keir is playing an absolute blinder, completely making GBS threads the bed so absolutely no one wants to become leader thereby ensuring his position for years to come

I reckon it might be the opposite where he's so poo poo everyone thinks they can do better instead of thinking labour is just doomed

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Communist Thoughts posted:

I reckon it might be the opposite where he's so poo poo everyone thinks they can do better instead of thinking labour is just doomed

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

forkboy84 posted:

She does, she's a lobbyist for gambling companies

lol

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Glenn Geoghegan is right again

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

tbh you could have done the same thing by just calling yourself “the T0ry party” and stole some conservative votes too

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
This is just messing with my head.

Johnson failed hard on covid. I know it's huffigtonpost but whatever.

Brits love a good failure - nobody is loving up better than Starmer right now. Why is he not Prime Minister?

Field Marshall Haig caused the biggest blunders in british military history and was awarded medals and considered a war hero for decades after his death.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
A large part of it was Kier standing behind boris saying "I support everything the prime minster is doing they're doing a great job the public don't want to see me criticise them now"

but also the sycophantic media

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BORIS

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Ahahaha hahaha. I just had the thought that if Boris wasn't hosed by COVID and thinking of retirement because of the not a big deal disease, he'd probably be your PM for the next decade.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Valko posted:

This is just messing with my head.

Johnson failed hard on covid. I know it's huffigtonpost but whatever.

Brits love a good failure - nobody is loving up better than Starmer right now. Why is he not Prime Minister?

Field Marshall Haig caused the biggest blunders in british military history and was awarded medals and considered a war hero for decades after his death.

Haig was a better general than he is usually given credit for. He still has his share of fuckups and stoopids but :shrug:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

also, I kinda think the vaccine bounce is real. It's a classic dunkirk story about making a recovery from the brink of catastrophe, it doesn't matter the scale of the castatrophe was largely caused by Johnson, his government is the one (seemingly) putting it to bed with what has been a first-class vaccination program which lets everyone feel warm and tingly about the success of the NHS's logistics and the government who outdid the EU in getting vaccines for them. And yeah Starmer refusing to even try and portray a different case has basically led to the wholesale acceptance of the Tory narrative so most people don't even think too heavily about why it got so bad to begin with

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
there was no vaccine bounce the tories never had a drop in the polls followed by a bounce. they just stayed level

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i honestly think that the vaccine bounce narrative is being pushed by people glancing nervously at the polls and thinking that they have to even out soon, right?

right?

see polly toynbee's latest piece in the guardian, lol

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Fuligin posted:

Haig was a better general than he is usually given credit for. He still has his share of fuckups and stoopids but :shrug:

"I believe that the value of the horse and the opportunity for the horse in the future are likely to be as great as ever. Aeroplanes and tanks are only accessories to the men and the horse, and I feel sure that as time goes on you will find just as much use for the horse—the well-bred horse—as you have ever done in the past."

- Field Marshal Sir Douglas Haig, 1926

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jose posted:

there was no vaccine bounce the tories never had a drop in the polls followed by a bounce. they just stayed level

It shouldn't be described as a bounce but it might be possible to say that the successful vaccination program countered the lockdown fatigue and economic collapse narratives to keep the Tories at that level. It still means the left and Labour didn't get their attacks in order when the Tories were vulnerable.

Still the indian variant seems to be imbedding itself in community spread here so if things do go to poo poo here and disrupt the unlocking timetable they might suffer some loss of support.

Honestly if these locals kill off Keiths authority and then the pandemic re-emerges to kill off the Tories popularity then things might actually work out well for the left.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the simple explanation is that the only constituency that kieth strammy actually appeals to are graun columnists and other assorted dunning-kruger poster children of their ilk and that's not really enough to win an election

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

V. Illych L. posted:

i honestly think that the vaccine bounce narrative is being pushed by people glancing nervously at the polls and thinking that they have to even out soon, right?

right?

see polly toynbee's latest piece in the guardian, lol

yeah pretty much

imo its just rally around the flag effect. people vote for the incumbent during crises, even if theyr caused or exacerbated by the incumbent

its why governments like wars

e: also just absolutely nobody who likes the tories is convinced by "its boris's fault this plague killed people". its an act of god, nobody is gonna analyse anything past that

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Communist Thoughts posted:

yeah pretty much

imo its just rally around the flag effect. people vote for the incumbent during crises, even if theyr caused or exacerbated by the incumbent

its why governments like wars

namesake posted:

Honestly if these locals kill off Keiths authority and then the pandemic re-emerges to kill off the Tories popularity then things might actually work out well for the left.

yeah boris (or priti or rishi) are going to campaign on finally beating covid that the prev gov failed to beat and everybody is going to (be told that everybody is) lapping is up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Valko posted:

Seems like, as Matt Christman says, people will always vote for the rear end in a top hat over the pussy.