Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
I'm only up to Day 23 so I'm not abreast of everything, but how do you not have meltdowns in the first place? Are they inevitable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Theantero posted:

The reason we can't get to Day 100 is clearly because Angela holds some sort of strange grudge against that number.

Day 100 is when Angela finally snaps and kills everyone.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

OscarDiggs posted:

I'm only up to Day 23 so I'm not abreast of everything, but how do you not have meltdowns in the first place? Are they inevitable?

When you get just a bit further into the LP (day 27ish off the top of my head?) you'll find out why.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Miscellaneous Horrible Death Showcase

It's time to cover the remaining negative effects of our facility's Abnormalities. This was all done in Challenge Mode, on day 51. This is going to be in no particular order, so sit back, grab some popcorn, and enjoy the horrible death!

Skin Prophecy

I've mentioned before that Skin Prophecy kills agents on panic, so I shoved Murdoc into the book and then threw them at The Dreaming Current. We'll need people to panic in there to lower its QC, so it's a convenient Abnormality for showing this off.

It's Lovecraftian tentacles, all the way down. :stonk:

Crumbling Armor

Crumbling Armor says that it will kill any Agent working it with a Fortitude of 1.

We test that with an Agent custom-made for it. If I'd been thinking this would be one of the ones submitted for the thread… but I was not thinking, so this is just some random.

Honestly, it's no big loss. The death happens after the work is done instead of at the start of it, but otherwise is identical to the Attachment work death we saw from Twee earlier.

The Dreaming Current

Alright, now for one that has a little more meat to it. The only ways to get The Dreaming Current's QC to lower normally are by working it with a Temperance of 1, or by having an Agent panic in its room. When it does breach, though, it can make a lot of trouble.

When it initially breaches, it rests at the end of a corridor. When it does, several corridors get marked with a strange rainbowy effect.

These hallways cut the speed of any Agent in them by 60% (Thanks MiiNiPaa!). They're also supposed to drain HP and restore SP of the Agents in them, but that's bugged and never happens. :lobcorp: These hallways represent The Dreaming Current's territory. After a few seconds of resting, it starts to move.

It is very fast, so much so that Agents can't really expect to hit it while it's moving.

It also deals 150 Red damage to anything in its path as it charges. This Clerk is incredibly dead.

As it charges, The Dreaming Current will blast through every one of the hallways that it's marked in a random order, until it reaches the other end of its path. Once it hits that end, it pauses, rests for a moment, and charges in the other direction back the way it came. Because of this, there are only two spots in the entire facility where The Dreaming Current is vulnerable.

Suppressing it is basically just a matter of waiting for it to get to one end or the other, and then attacking it.

It doesn't take long, as the drugshark only has a total of 200 HP to burn through.

This concludes The Dreaming Current-it's intimidating up until we see that the places where it stops aren't random, and once we realize that it stops being a real threat.

Warm-Hearted Woodsman

We've seen Woodsman drop to 0 QC a number of times across the LP, but we've never actually worked it while it was at 0 because we knew it would kill someone instantly.

So let's kill someone instantly! :getin:

:black101:

Woodsman crumples up the Agent sent to work with it, and crams them into the open part of its chest before walking around.

Woodsman has two different attacks, a single slash and a multi-hit combo that deals significant damage. It's actually able to defeat Lightli in single combat, despite their decent Red resistance.

It winds up beating Lightli using its multi-hit Axe attack, which has the effect of destroying the body of the Agent it kills. This is unfortunate, because I was hoping to show off its other ability. Woodsman can pick up corpses and slam them into the cavity on its chest to recover its HP.

Its main weakness is its short range, letting us kite it around with ranged attacks-and for a facility as tough as ours is it can't really do much if it does breach.

The Little Prince

Our little blue mushroom friend has two main abilities. The first happens when someone works on it five times in a row.

The Little Prince reveals its true form, and the Agent inside is transformed into a spore monster.

It fills the hallway with spores that don't do anything, and attacks for Black damage.

Upon its defeat, all Agents in the same room as it get a dark blue spore effect around their head for several seconds-this inflicts low White damage for a period of time. Any Agents panicked by it run for The Little Prince's containment cell to trigger another transformation.

Here's a close-up of the spore monster. Additionally, it can possess a random Agent when its QC hits 0. This possession can be removed by clicking on the Agent multiple times, just like with Parasite Tree.

The Naked Nest

I ran into one major problem when trying to trigger The Naked Nest's negative effect.

Our Agents are too drat beefy! This is the best result I got in my preliminary attempts, and T.Hinman here only has a ~30% chance to become infected. When I say this thing is safe to a developed facility, I mean it. I wind up swapping over to Gaia, who has 30 fewer HP than T.

After two more attempts, we finally get hit by the infection. In this state the infection can spread randomly to other Employees, so a wandering Clerk can easily result in a large number of Employees all getting infected at once. It has a startup time, so if the day is ended during this part the Agent will be alright.

Once they transform, however, it's too late.

The Agent will wander the facility and attack anyone they come across for low Red damage, only ignoring other infected Employees. Unlike most transformations, however, the Agent will still count as an Agent. There's no LOB penalty for ending the day with them like this as it doesn't count as a death (though they still vanish), and they still gain HP/SP from the regenerators.

This also means they count as an Agent for Punishing Bird, so Gaia makes the one mistake you never want to make in this facility.

Even if you're an Abnormality now, Punishing Bird will not take your poo poo.

Beauty and the Beast

This is a short gif of what happens should we do Repression work Beauty and the Beast twice in a row.

It dies, and the Agent becomes a new one through a horrifying transformation process! Nothing major, really.

Fragment of the Universe

When Fragment of the Universe breaches, its appearance changes slightly. It gains two attacks in this form, a Tentacle attack that deals low Black damage in melee range and a singing attack which deals White damage to an entire room.

Even Dimi can solo it at this point, but it can be troublesome in the very early game.

Behavior Adjustment

Behavior Adjustment's negative effect goes off either when the Agent holding it panics, or when they attempt to return it within 30 seconds of equipping it. The best way to show it off is to have an employee take it out of storage and put it right back.

This may seem cruel, but in my defense we all knew I'd be killing him off at some point this update. :colbert:

When Behavior Adjustment kills someone, they pull out their own eyes and cackle madly until they finally die. It's honestly pretty drat metal.

Heart of Aspiration

Last but not least is Heart of Aspiration, a normally benign Abnormality. It also has an issue if it's returned early-in this case before the holder does any suppression work.

We are going to be having Twee serve as our case study today.

Here's Twee before clicking 'Return' on the Heart's cell.

And right after. Unlike Behavior Adjustment, Heart's panic is instant, and it forces it to be the Murder-type as well. :black101:

Twee immediately goes to work murdering everyone.

And I call in the Rabbits. They're the last, best hope against…

Oh that's… that's not good at all. :ohdear:

Twee wipes out the entire Rabbit Team by herself, which refills her SP gauge thanks to the effect of her Paradise Lost weapon. This breaks the panic, but it also kind of breaks her scripting?

She continues to attack, even without anything to target and with her sanity restored. New bug discovered! :lobcorp:

Issuing an order fixes the problem, so I order her to go back to the Safety main room.

Twee kind of scares me, you guys.

That's all for now-there's still one more Abnormality I need to talk about a little more, but I'll save her for next time.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jul 10, 2021

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just plowed through a whole LP in a few days. Ow my eyes.

Fascinating game but I'm glad I dont have to play it. The later days all sound nightmarish.

Also despite all her ominous foreshadowing, what the hell happened to Angela?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I really wanted to see Twee vs the Rabbit Squad, and it was everything I could've hoped for.

I know they can't account for it, but I'm just imagining the sort of in-universe conversation Myo would have about losing her entire squad to an agent.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Come to think of it, does the white component of the Rabbits' guns heal sanity on panicking agents the way white weapons do?

Not that it matters much, since they're still murdering them to death, just curious.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Paul died as he lived; in agony, smiling for the cameras. RIP to a real one

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

These hallways cut the speed of any Agent in them by 50%. They're also supposed to drain HP and restore SP of the Agents in them, but that's bugged and never happens. :lobcorp: These hallways represent The Dreaming Current's territory. After a few seconds of resting, it starts to move.
By 60%, actually. And the cause of the lack of healing is funny: there actually are 2 bugs, each of those would prevent it from working. First of all, damage/heal should happen every 2 seconds, but the buf is set to expire after 1 second. 2 second timer will never fire, because it does not have time to do so. And another one: each tick drugged passage will reapply drugged buff, destroying old one and creating new one, resetting all timers. No timer would fire, because they are not given chance to do so.

TeeQueue posted:

Twee wipes out the entire Rabbit Team by herself, which refills her SP gauge thanks to the effect of her Paradise Lost weapon. This breaks the panic, but it also kind of breaks her scripting?
She continues to attack, even without anything to target and with her sanity restored. New bug discovered! :lobcorp:
Issuing an order fixes the problem, so I order her to go back to the Safety main room.
Paradise Lost Weapon/Armor and simply hitting target with a W/B weapon recovers SP in slightly different way. It seems that agent state is not set to idle if crazy is not beaten out of them. You have to give an order so agent would do something else.

Tenebrais posted:

Come to think of it, does the white component of the Rabbits' guns heal sanity on panicking agents the way white weapons do?

Not that it matters much, since they're still murdering them to death, just curious.
Yes, they do. But not in this case, since Paradise Lost armor absorbs it anyway. Actually, no, since you cannot controll them. Missed that extra clause :/

MiiNiPaa fucked around with this message at 11:13 on May 10, 2021

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Keldulas posted:

I really wanted to see Twee vs the Rabbit Squad, and it was everything I could've hoped for.

I know they can't account for it, but I'm just imagining the sort of in-universe conversation Myo would have about losing her entire squad to an agent.

...what in the-

I told you she was terrifying!

That is a hideous understatement, Manager! CENSORED is terrifying! My boss when she's angry is terrifying! That?! That is absolute bullshit!

MiiNiPaa posted:

By 60%, actually. And the cause of the lack of healing is funny: there actually are 2 bugs, each of those would prevent it from working. First of all, damage/heal should happen every 2 seconds, but the buf is set to expire after 1 second. 2 second timer will never fire, because it does not have time to do so. And another one: each tick drugged passage will reapply drugged buff, destroying old one and creating new one, resetting all timers. No timer would fire, because they are not given chance to do so.

Ooh, thank you very much! That's absolutely hilarious. There's another Abnormality that has a similar problem, the code for it should be something like...

code:
if (this._recoveryTimer.RunTimer())
{
    actor.RecoverHP(2.4f);
    this._recoveryTimer.StartTimer();
}
which is a bug that triggers the following backup:

code:
public virtual void StartTimer()
    {
        this.maxTime = float.MaxValue;
        if (this.started)
        {
            this.elapsed = 0f;
        }
        else
        {
            this.started = true;
        }
    }
-I am entirely secondhanding that information, and am not sure how accurate those two statements being related are. Without going too far into it, would it be possible to check on that one and tell me if its timer is bugged to be some ridiculously high number? The one I currently have is 3.40282347E+38f

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

Ooh, thank you very much! That's absolutely hilarious. There's another Abnormality that has a similar problem, the code for it should be something like...

/*...*/

-I am entirely secondhanding that information, and am not sure how accurate those two statements being related are. Without going too far into it, would it be possible to check on that one and tell me if its timer is bugged to be some ridiculously high number? The one I currently have is 3.40282347E+38f
I found this Abnormality and it is exactly what happens. Either someone forgot to set timer rate or thought that calling .StartTimer() without arguments would restart it with previous rate (which is not that unusual). At least you will get that 2.4 heal once.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Oh boy oh boy I cannot wait to cover that one. :allears:

Thank you very much.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

That round up post taught me two three things.

1. Project Moon put some amazing effort into even small things to really sell the uniqueness of each Abnormality.

2. Twee is terrifying. This point was not added under duress or threat and is entirely of my own volition.

3. Dreaming Current has an rear end and a pair of legs. I was not expecting that.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The rear end(?) of Spore Solitair looks like human faces.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I had a feeling I was eating too many mushrooms on my pizza.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Go from being at the head of a group of agents killing a goddamn Arbiter to getting chopped up by an angry Woodsman.
Can’t win them all!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Glad to see agents other than Paul are finally gathering information and pulling their weight around here.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Fragment of the Universe has unique dialogue for agents suppressing it, incidentally!

quote:

"The shadows engulfing me are finally gone."
"Finally, I can see and feel again..."
"The stars are singing to me… Can you hear them?"

It's honestly one of my favorite Abnormalities. Really flavorful and with a great EGO Weapon.

Also, an employee infected by the Naked Nest can spread it to Clerks, who can spread it to agents. It's useful to a developed facility, but if you're not that developed you want to keep a very close eye on it. I've had a clerk wander into my employees' quarantine and then wander back into the main room and infect the entire Safety department. (Of course, once you have execution bullets unlocked it becomes even more trivial.)

t3isukone fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 10, 2021

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Drugshark can clear out clerks super quickly though, although that really only matters if you're trying to do a suppression mission or something, because wow is his QC hard to lower.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Bwahahaha, one of the funniest events in the LP (though humor credit to Gaia for managing to get their terrifying killing spree interrupted by messing with the Bird).

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Things the Rabbits can kill: An Arbiter

Things the Rabbits cannot kill: Twee

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Eopia posted:

Things the Rabbits can kill: An Arbiter

Things the Rabbits cannot kill: Twee

Y'know, now that you say that, I legit wonder if Twee could solo the actual Suppression version of the Arbiter now. Insofar as it can be "soloed", anyway.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Materant posted:

Y'know, now that you say that, I legit wonder if Twee could solo the actual Suppression version of the Arbiter now. Insofar as it can be "soloed", anyway.

Funny that you bring this up, the answer is “yes.” Twee can manage to hurt the Arbiter even at 0.1 defenses, while her best attack can’t even scratch Twee with the PL special shield up (without it up it would deal ~79 damage at most). We’d need someone to babysit WhiteNight the entire time, and it would take a long long time, but Twee could solo the Arbiter.

t3isukone posted:

Fragment of the Universe has unique dialogue for agents suppressing it, incidentally!

It's honestly one of my favorite Abnormalities. Really flavorful and with a great EGO Weapon.

Also, an employee infected by the Naked Nest can spread it to Clerks, who can spread it to agents. It's useful to a developed facility, but if you're not that developed you want to keep a very close eye on it. I've had a clerk wander into my employees' quarantine and then wander back into the main room and infect the entire Safety department. (Of course, once you have execution bullets unlocked it becomes even more trivial.)

I knew about the Nest’s infection spreading and appear to have forgotten to mention it-but the unique quotes I’d never heard of. That’s really cool!

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Queen of Hatred

Despite being a difficult to manage Abnormality, there is one major upside of having Queen of Hatred in our facility-as a Magical Girl who fights to protect love, she is more than willing to help us out in times of crisis. In order to show this off, though, we'll need to manufacture a crisis.

This is a good start, but we're not there yet-we need our danger value to go up to a Second Trumpet, and a single WAW breaching is only 5.45 points of the 50 we need.

Luckily, killing Agents with Execution Bullets will add to our danger value (even if it doesn't set off things like Mountain or Big Bird), so the 9 Agents stacked here will send us to 41.45.

Johnny brings us to 45.45, but wait! There's more!

That death triggers Knight of Despair, for another 5.45, bringing us to 50.9 danger points, enough to activate our Second Trumpet.

Once this happens, the Queen of Hatred breaches-but it's not to add to our troubles.

Instead, she breaks out and joins the fray against whatever Abnormalities are currently causing problems for our facility. She attempts to aid in the suppression, and can be a fairly powerful ally. She has three attacks in this mode, the first being this, a star swipe which deals Black damage.

Her second attack is a finger gun that deals higher Black damage, but takes longer to perform. As for her third attack?

Queen of Hatred's base form can use Arcana Slave, too. :hellyeah:

It's every bit as big as it is when the snake uses it, but this version of the attack won't hurt employees-only threats like Abnormalities or Ordeals. Like the snake's version, it can also power up with time-it doesn't here, though, because King of Greed has moved on.

Also like her snake version, Queen of Hatred needs to rest once she's finished.

When she can't see an opponent, the Queen of Hatred will slowly glide along the hallways before teleporting on top of an adversary to face them.

Here she warps to face down Big Bird and King of Greed, both of whom are in upper Safety. Unfortunately, we rack up one too many casualties before she can properly engage with them.

When we lose 20% or more of the employees left in the facility when she initially breaches, Queen of Hatred will go into her Hysteric mode. During this period we're able to attack and suppress her, and it's a good idea to do so ASAP.

If we don't, then she'll turn into her snake form and act as she does on a normal breach.

That's all the information I have about her unique breach type, but we're not quite done here today. Queen of Hatred is a very chatty Abnormality, and I've put all of her possible lines below, organized by category:

In Containment posted:

What kind of place is this?

Please feel free to call me whenever there’s danger~!

How did I get to this place?

I don’t remember what happened yesterday…

Do you all know about the worth of victory and the beauty of the world?

Tell me if anything bad happens, okay? I know I can help you!

In Containment (Hysteric) posted:

Don’t you need me anymore…?

Why do I exist…?

Please… Stop these voices…

Is it my turn now…?

I hate this silent place. The world I knew wasn’t “peaceful” like this.

I am the chosen one. Who would protect the world besides me?

There’s no light without the darkness, it’s like I’m not even here.

Someone told me that there are no bad guys anymore… Is that true?

On Support Breach posted:

Just leave it to me!

In the name of Love and Justice~ Here comes Magical Girl!

Meeting TETHs posted:

A piece of cake!

Don’t worry~! I’ll help you!

Weak baddies like this are no match for me!

Meeting HEs posted:

Hmph! It’s going to be a bit tough.

I swear I’ll do something!

Meeting WAWs posted:

That one’s as strong as a minor arcana... Is this place filled with villains?

My senpais couldn’t handle this, but I know I can!

Meeting ALEPHs posted:

Everyone, get out of here!

I’ll protect everyone, even if it means I have to die!

It has the strength of a major arcana… And I’m alone in this… But I won’t run away!

When Defeated posted:

I swore I would protect everyone to the end…

Suppression Successful posted:

We did it, everyone!

You can count on me any time!

Driven Hysteric during support breach posted:

It’s too much…

Was everything a lie…?

I wasn’t able to protect anyone like she did…

I’m just like her huh…

Get out of my head…

Is it time for me to pay the price…?

Regular attack posted:

With love!

In the name of justice!

Finger gun attack posted:

Go! Arcana Beats~!

Begone~!

Arcana Slave posted:

Each of the following lines plays in turn during the charge up and attack.

Heed me, thou that are more azure than justice and more crimson than love…

In the name of those buried in destiny…

I shall make this oath to the light.

Mark the hateful beings who stand before us…

Let your strength merge with mine, so that we may deliver the power of love to all…

ARCANA SLAVE!

That sure is a Slayers reference out of nowhere. I love this game. :allears:

Facing King of Greed posted:

Meeting
I’m sorry, senpai! The only thing I can do is stop your rampage!

On Suppression
Senpai, if I had to face you outside, I’d totally be dead by now…

Facing Knight of Despair posted:

Meeting
So you’ve been consumed too, senpai… Can this cycle really not be stopped?

On Suppression
Senpai… I know you tried your hardest to hold it back…

That's all for Queen of Hatred, which means we're all done with this facility. It's served us well, but it's time for us to move on.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jul 10, 2021

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

As a heads up, I am getting my first vaccine shot in around 6 or so hours, and need to do recording/some back-end visuals this weekend. With any luck I'll just tank through it and get everything done, but if there's a delay I'm going to preemptively blame the bone-hurting juice.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
My experience was the first shot was a breeze, it’s the second one that knocks your legs out from underneath you. Also poor magical girl. :smith:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'm actually pretty interested in the Magical Girl Trio lore after seeing the variety of dialogue there, I think.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Chic Trombone posted:

I'm actually pretty interested in the Magical Girl Trio lore after seeing the variety of dialogue there, I think.

There's some more of it in the other works by ProjectMoon, although I'm not sure if saying where it's found would count as spoilers?

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Lord_Magmar posted:

There's some more of it in the other works by ProjectMoon, although I'm not sure if saying where it's found would count as spoilers?

It was talked about in this very thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920800&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=72#post509107751
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920800&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=82#post509860165
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920800&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=127#post512466225

On unrelated note I am still waiting for a moment where game outright lied to my face second time to appear in this LP.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Counting all the broken tooltips or not? :v:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Acerbatus posted:

Counting all the broken tooltips or not? :v:

I said "outright lied", not "was horribly mistaken about its own mechanics".

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Our agents would be a lot more effective if they dual-wielded.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Imagine dual wielding Twilight! The numbers would be amazing!

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Scalding Coffee posted:

Our agents would be a lot more effective if they dual-wielded.

There are actually quite a few dual-wielded weapons in the game. Ppodae weapon being one of them. Firebird and Blue Star weapons allows user to attack with multiple weapons at the same time.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

MiiNiPaa posted:

There are actually quite a few dual-wielded weapons in the game. Ppodae weapon being one of them. Firebird and Blue Star weapons allows user to attack with multiple weapons at the same time.

There's also one more weapon that is dual wielded but we haven't seen that abno yet.

It's cool as gently caress.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Mods Info

I've been asked a few times about what mods I'm using and how to make them work, so I figure I should throw together a quick bonus update about the basics of modding and how I use them.

BaseMOD is required for all of these mods. Installing it is easy, just drag and drop the mod file into the appropriate folder, there's a simple walkthrough to explain what to do. From there, all the other mods I use go into the BaseMods folder that this comes with. All the mods I use come from either nexusmods or this document by NEETPenguin (which is itself a very good tutorial). I'll be linking mods either from the document or nexusmods, depending on where I got them from.

The specific mods I've been using are:

Console Unlock - this lets you access the command console, to do a variety of things. A full list can be found here, but most importantly you can give yourself infinite LOB points with standard salmonsushi or just instantly complete any Suppression with standard checkmate. It's great to have on hand for if you would have beaten Hokma but your computer froze up on you and you've spent literally 12 hours on this one fight and just want to move on with your life.

Infinite Re-extractions - For when you absolutely want to get Plague Doctor on day 39. It's simple, but very useful.

Agent Recustomization - Lets you change names and appearances for existing agents on the deployment screen. Seems to cause some shenanigans with things like Plague Doctor's name saves, and also completely overrode my free appearance change mod, but I needed it to stop Kaori from being renamed Aurora for no reason due to a different bug, so :lobcorp: I guess.

Full-Time Employees mod - Lets you keep all your Agents on a day 1 reset. Honestly this just saves me time with having to make Paul again from scratch, because I'm very :effort:

Weapon Texture Fix - Fixes a bug which causes weapons to show a different texture.

Chesed Research Fix - Makes Chesed's 3rd research actually do something, boosting healing from 25 to 40.

Free Change Appearance - Reduces cost of changing appearance of Agents to 0. Overridden by the Recustomization mod.

Gift Effects Fix - This mod fixes the effects of E.G.O Gifts like Justita, which are supposed to give a +% chance to work success rate for certain works but are bugged to only give a much smaller boost to work success rates instead.

More Detailed Information - This one I didn't use, but it's very useful for players who want to see exact success numbers and how much EXP their agents have gained mid-day. It's very highly recommended by the community in general.

For each mod all you need to do is extract the mod file into the BaseMods folder in your Lobotomy Corporation data (this folder shows up when installing BaseMod), and voila. You're ready to go. Please note that the folder and the .dll file inside of it need to have the same name in order to execute properly.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
That's fine and all, but when are you going to release the mod to add the Just Mizu title?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Viola the Mad posted:

That's fine and all, but when are you going to release the mod to add the Just Mizu title?

That was a custom job. For it I went into lobotomycorp_data>externaldata>xml>language>localize>en>AgentTitle_en.xml

From there I just changed the titles Mizu had manually to Just and Mizu, then hit save.

Unfortunately there’s not a mod-it’s just direct text dickery.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Looks like there's a mod that re-enables pausing in those situations in the game where it normally gets disabled. That might make a few people willing to play who would otherwise not want the stress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Who is Mizu? :confused: