Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

It is nuts really that Batista is a bigger star and better actor than the Rock, I never would have called that

I love Big Dave

In no way is Batista a bigger star. I'll give you better actor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alan_Shore posted:

It is nuts really that Batista is a bigger star and better actor than the Rock, I never would have called that

I love Big Dave

I wouldn't have called that either because he's definitely not a bigger star.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's definitely a better actor. Dwayne's not in any more main Fast films with Vin, you don't have to keep lying about that part because you like that franchise so much

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What roles does Batista have where you say “now this is acting”

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dacap posted:

Velveteen Dream is apparently backstage at Raw

welp! Hope someone else feels like posting recaps of the shows because I sure as gently caress will not anymore

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oldpainless posted:

He was great in Blade Runner.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Batista just was cast in the Knives Out sequel.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Karma Tornado posted:

Rock's best early movie role is Reno 911 Miami

That cameo is the loving best, Patton Oswalt playing a more haphazard version of Patton Oswalt is also the best. Goddamn that movie is so good.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jiro posted:

That cameo is the loving best, Patton Oswalt playing a more haphazard version of Patton Oswalt is also the best. Goddamn that movie is so good.

"I just had the weirdest dream."
"You know you're driving, right?"

Thomas Lennon's delivery of that line might just be the greatest in film history.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

My dog is dying, I did my 400th funeral this year today, and this made me laugh so loud I woke my dog up. So thanks for that. Dark humor is the only humor right now :unsmith:

That feels like a huge step down for him

1. I think Knives Out is poised to be a long-term mystery anthology series starring Daniel Craig in a Poirot-esque role, so I wouldn't say it's a huge step down. Knives Out did pretty drat well and was my favorite movie of 2019!

2. Please dedicate a hug for your dog to us dorks on the internet. :smith:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Blade Runner. Sorry you just got shown up

It's debatable if Batista is the bigger star, I'd argue Drax/GotG is more popular than Fast and The Furious which seems to be Rock's bread and butter now. And Batista just seems to be in so many movies now working with the biggest directors around.

They're both big stars and they're both great regardless

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

That feels like a huge step down for him

The first Knives Out made a poo poo-ton of money, was well reviewed and was nominated for an Academy Award; Netflix just paid out the rear end for exclusive rights to the next two films in the franchise and allowed creative freedom for the writer and director behind it.

Seems like a great move for an actor who likes to challenge himself.

We also know zero, zero things about his role in the film, but the first is filled with fantastic actors getting to play big wild characters. Seems like a good time to me!!!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Batista was in an episode of What We Do In The Shadows so he’s better.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Knives Out was a delightful surprise, well worth checking out. I slept on it cos Johnson made that loving turd Star Wars movie but watch it, I promise it's great

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Davros1 posted:

"I just had the weirdest dream."
"You know you're driving, right?"

Thomas Lennon's delivery of that line might just be the greatest in film history.

"nobody in it."

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

the escape goat posted:

Be Cool was huge for him because his role wasn't action-oriented and showed off his comedy chops; I recall him being incredibly well-received with that role.

Non wrestling people are always surprised when wrestlers turn out to be more than just meathead slabs of muscle.

But at heart, (I believe), to be a good professional wrestler you must be a good performer. And have a good to great sense of timing. Both of which helps as a comedian/comedic actor.

With The Rock, he was always good in the comedy stuff he would do, (I loved how he was the only one who didn't realize that Gregory Helms Ace Reporter and The Hurricane were different people). But it's also there in others. Look at Taz, a more humourless 'wrestler' one would be hard to find. But listen to him perform on commentary, he can be hilarious with great timing.

edit:

oldpainless posted:

Bushwick is a great film for understated acting Batista. (Who in the GotG films also shows that he is a fine performer with superb comic timing.)

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 11, 2021

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Batista is a pro-follow on IG

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Alan_Shore posted:

It's debatable if Batista is the bigger star, I'd argue Drax/GotG is more popular than Fast and The Furious which seems to be Rock's bread and butter now. And Batista just seems to be in so many movies now working with the biggest directors around.

I agree Batista is the better actor, but Rock being the bigger star is not debatable. He is literally the highest paid actor in Hollywood, that’s as much of a measure of stardom that exists.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

I guess it depends on how you measure bigger star. The Rock is the highest paid actor in Hollywood I think, if not he's made the most money in certain years due to how many movies he's in and how well they do. I would say the Rock is also more well known.

Whether GOTG or FF is the bigger series is for someone else to argue.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Rock is absolutely more well known, how is this remotely 'debateable'? There is no metric by which Batista comes out as a bigger star. He's got more range and picks better roles than Dwayne but as a public figure it's not even close.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
how do they compare to bad bunny

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alan_Shore posted:

It's not debatable at all. Batista's biggest films are in ensemble pictures while The Rock is a leading man and gets tons of TV projects thrown at him. Most of Batista's roles are b films.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Didn't we already establish in this thread a few weeks ago that Steve Austin is a bigger movie star than Batista? I think the rankings for Wrestlers Turned Movie Stars are

5. Hulk Hogan
4. The Rock
3. Batista
2. Steve Austin
1. Kevin Nash

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Love how AEW knocks 30 years off the age of the business and Dream suddenly reappears

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

Love how AEW knocks 30 years off the age of the business and Dream suddenly reappears

Holy poo poo

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

sportsgenius86 posted:

:vince:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

sportsgenius86 posted:

:eyepop:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

sportsgenius86 posted:

lmao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

sportsgenius86 posted:

:vince: :vince: :vince:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Velveteen Dream misheard the venue Raw is being held at and came running.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

sportsgenius86 posted:

lol

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

sportsgenius86 posted:

:thurman:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Batista is a bigger star, he’s got 30 pounds on Rock

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

sportsgenius86 posted:

christ

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I feel like Batista actually takes acting seriously and really enjoys it while trying his best in every role, even the bad ones. He also mentioned he hopes to be given a chance to play a wider range of roles to challenge himself and show his range. I like the rock but it feels like he's been the same character on cruise control for ten or more movies at this point

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So it probably won't be mentioned in the results post that CJ2 will likely make but:

Braun mentioned right before hitting the powerslam on Bobby that he will make MVP watch as he fucks Bobby.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
since I've only seen it mentioned a few times total since it started, but Young Rock is really really good/funny/wholesome - and whenever fake macho man is on screen I cant stop laughing. He does kinda kiss Mcmahons rear end while also calling out that the black guys will never get toys/belts (which led to nowhere so far)

Jimmy Yao rules, was he a real person lol

Ballers was great too :colbert:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Rock's best role is the Directors Cut of Southland Tales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

sportsgenius86 posted:

:tviv: