Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Translation between languages is literally impossible, since we are unable to transmit qualia directly even between speakers in the same language. Consequently, all anime translations are grasping for nothing. Watch Satoshi Kon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

KomradeX posted:

I had a video on YouTube today recommended to me called the crimes of modem localization, or something like that that was 40 minutes long and I couldn't say gently caress that hard enough

yeah it kinda reminds me of the ComicsGate dipshits thinking any Marvel/DC comic introducing a non-white male character is IMMEDIATELY a sign of the EssJayDoubley00 menace

https://twitter.com/SarahKTranslate/status/1391471775674818561?s=19

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

yeah it kinda reminds me of the ComicsGate dipshits thinking any Marvel/DC comic introducing a non-white male character is IMMEDIATELY a sign of the EssJayDoubley00 menace

https://twitter.com/SarahKTranslate/status/1391471775674818561?s=19

Ita insane the tizzy people work themselves into. Like its been a long while since I read a translation or listened to a dub that I thought was awful. But idk I was always very forgiving of even the worst dubs when I was growing up

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Invincible is an ok anime

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

Invincible is an ok anime

i just finished this yesterday and also thought it was "ok"

it even has the anime trappings of a 28 year old woman in a 14 year old body :anime: they barely stuck the landing on that one

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Invincible is very bad at hiding it's cut corners animation wise

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

At least the memes seem to be popular.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

KomradeX posted:

I had a video on YouTube today recommended to me called the crimes of modem localization, or something like that that was 40 minutes long and I couldn't say gently caress that hard enough

I hate myself so I looked at it and it was immediately the exact same bad, ignorant talking points that always get trotted out by these freaks, right now to the exact same examples. And then I look at their twitter and learned they might be a pedophile.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Srice posted:

I hate myself so I looked at it and it was immediately the exact same bad, ignorant talking points that always get trotted out by these freaks, right now to the exact same examples. And then I look at their twitter and learned they might be a pedophile.

You are a glutton for punishment. That 100% tracks that he's a pedo

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

Invincible is very bad at hiding it's cut corners animation wise

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't finished it but Ive liked it so far. I hate marvel poo poo mostly but that doesn't mean I hate superheros. However one punch man s2 was big fail.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So I finally got around to watching Keep Your Hands off Eizouken, and drat was that good I binged through like 7 episodes before i realized how late it was and had to get to bed. Just fantastic animation top notch

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
You know, even though this G8 arc is clearly filler it's actually pretty good. If you had told me Oda had written it I wouldn't have doubted you.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Larry Parrish posted:

I haven't finished it but Ive liked it so far. I hate marvel poo poo mostly but that doesn't mean I hate superheros. However one punch man s2 was big fail.

this is because the license holder got super impatient, and instead of waiting 6-8 months to let the team that animated S1 do it, went with JC Staff and cranked out what we got. sucks, lol

Mob Psycho seems to be staying at Bones for s3, at least

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there's going to be a MP100 S3???

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
almost definitely, it was incredibly successful on air/streaming and the blurays sold super well

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

KomradeX posted:

So I finally got around to watching Keep Your Hands off Eizouken, and drat was that good I binged through like 7 episodes before i realized how late it was and had to get to bed. Just fantastic animation top notch

Very easy breezy good stuff

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

elaboration has issued a correction as of 21:33 on Mar 22, 2023

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

watch tatami galaxy & the night is short, walk on girl imo. from the same director/studio

These are also good recommendations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I really want to love tatami but by god the motor mouth + subs is too much for my poor stoner brain to keep up with

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

You get used to it after an episode or two.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

a cyberpunk goose posted:

i just finished this yesterday and also thought it was "ok"

it even has the anime trappings of a 28 year old woman in a 14 year old body :anime: they barely stuck the landing on that one

I literally JUST watched a compilation of all of Javik's dialogue in Mass Effect before starting Invincible

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

I really want to love tatami but by god the motor mouth + subs is too much for my poor stoner brain to keep up with

The first episode is the worst with that. The pace of dialogue slows down a bit after that.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

Good reason to watch each episode multiple times and get something new out of it each time, imo

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
just remembered this bit from nozaki-kun and laughed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3ifx7zIzA

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

pillsburysoldier posted:

I literally JUST watched a compilation of all of Javik's dialogue in Mass Effect before starting Invincible

Legion is Robot, right?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
watched The Castle of Cagliostro remastered and it was lovely indeed

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

HootTheOwl posted:

Legion is Robot, right?

Ya he was cool i think

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

pillsburysoldier posted:

Ya he was cool i think

Turns out Robot is Syler from Heroes. Now I'll be suspicious of him the whole series (I haven't started watching, and already had some major bits spoiled for me)

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

lmao people watch this?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH_YJde1yps

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lmao people watch this?

Iunno dude, animation has to be extremely, extremely lazy/bad before i start noticing it while watching something i enjoy.

I noticed it for new berserk and when my gf tried to have me watch Re:Zero

God Re:Zero sucks

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
that gif is super zoomed in, probs was never supposed to be seen alone, i'd be shocked if it didnt look completely fine with the context of the rest of the scene around it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

invincible does the DBZ "two points of light bouncing off each other quickly" as a fight scene

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

i say swears online posted:

invincible does the DBZ "two points of light bouncing off each other quickly" as a fight scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcBgjF3KLmw

this is a hard thing to beat, but it's also 2021

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Invincible's animation wouldn't really be out of place in your standard mid-budget shounen tv anime. The bigger problem is that the art style is painfully generic and intentionally so. All it's really got going for it to stand out visually is the few times it amps up the gore.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

WrightOfWay posted:

Invincible's animation wouldn't really be out of place in your standard mid-budget shounen tv anime. The bigger problem is that the art style is painfully generic and intentionally so. All it's really got going for it to stand out visually is the few times it amps up the gore.
Yeah it seems like they REALLY skimped on funding episodes 2-7 and realized they had an assload of money for the last episode to do animation

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/horikouhorikou/status/1389577633378177025

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
unironically watch eizouken & shirobako if you want to understand anime as a medium & an industry more lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Started watching Invincible and it’s not great but it has a demon detective.