Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/BoltzmannBooty/status/1391785828188311556

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Trabisnikof posted:

Unfounded theory: Acosta was the asset, HST a hanger on, and the cia got Acosta killed

Acosta was killed, but not before he could be cloned to make a pliant US Attorney named Alex.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqnYPXqn93c

quote:

Tom Hanks has made his career playing real life people, typically noble men in positions of extreme stress. But what few people realise is that Tom Hanks has had a close relationship with the US government throughout his career.

In this video I outline the role government agencies have played in many of Hanks' biggest and important films, including the Pentagon, FBI, CIA, LAPD and US Customs and Border Protection. I detail the changes made the scripts of these films, and how this has helped Hanks' films glorify war, cover up for the Pentagon’s mistreatment of its own people, encourage military recruitment, trivialise US immigration policies, protect the news media, and whitewash the CIA’s influence on America and the world.

Films discussed include The Man with One Red Shoe, Dragnet, Forrest Gump, Apollo 13, Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal, Charlie Wilson's War, The Post, Bridge of Spies and Greyhound.

Patreon/subscribe/support: https://www.spyculture.com/support/​

#CIA​ #Propaganda​ #Hollywood​

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Acting is a profession that atbits highest level is entirely about the artificial cultivation of an image and identity that doesnt remotely map onto real life and like if you worship a public persona you ultimately worship a hollow and false God lol

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Riot Bimbo posted:

Acting is a profession that atbits highest level is entirely about the artificial cultivation of an image and identity that doesnt remotely map onto real life and like if you worship a public persona you ultimately worship a hollow and false God lol

jesus

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Precisely

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Zodium posted:

otoh, you don't need a hyper competent organization that can plan out 9/11 so far in advance a particular movie released in 1996 or old usenet posts can contain disinformation about it, when simply watching movies or whatever and acting on those sources, if and when that affords desirable outcomes, will automatically render the original source indistinguishable from disinfo to any later observer.

I mean more like the time the usa gaslit some poor bastard with a bunch of fake ufo info that has pretty much never gone away.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the Lord Jesus Christ is solid

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Tom Hanks stuff

When I saw the red title screen, I was expecting Qanon poo poo, but after watching it, it got me thinking about why Qanon focused so heavily into Tom Hanks, a guy who has no public indiscretions, or as far as one can tell, no public life outside his movies.

A common pattern you see in right-wing conspiracy theories is that they get close to the actual terrible things our elites do, but miss the conspiracy entirely because right-wingers are incapable of thinking materially and are driven by racism and phobias. Bill Gates isn’t a billionaire seeking to become a vaccine landlord at the expense of millions of third-world lives, he’s putting microchips in them. 5g isn’t the next stage in surveillance capitalism, it causes viruses. Barrack Obama’s parents weren’t employees of CIA cutouts active in areas the agency was committing genocide, he was the spawn of an African man and a white woman, and thus ineligible to be president. The net result is that reasonable people tune out information about these topics, as most peddlers of these conspiracies are some matter of idiot or bigot. This pattern is so constant that it’s hard not to see it as a tactic elites throw out as a red-herring to cover their tracks. Just watch the Qanon documentary to see an example of it in action.

I don’t believe that Tom Hanks sacrifices kids and drinks their adrenochrome, but he spent his life working to soften the image of the military industrial complex. He reassures you that the CIA was right to train the Mujahadeen, and that journalists are selfless truth-tellers. That is infinitely more vile. Also gently caress Spielberg

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Riot Bimbo posted:

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

A common pattern you see in right-wing conspiracy theories is that they get close to the actual terrible things our elites do, but miss the conspiracy entirely because right-wingers are incapable of thinking materially and are driven by racism and phobias. Bill Gates isn’t a billionaire seeking to become a vaccine landlord at the expense of millions of third-world lives, he’s putting microchips in them. 5g isn’t the next stage in surveillance capitalism, it causes viruses. Barrack Obama’s parents weren’t employees of CIA cutouts active in areas the agency was committing genocide, he was the spawn of an African man and a white woman, and thus ineligible to be president. The net result is that reasonable people tune out information about these topics, as most peddlers of these conspiracies are some matter of idiot or bigot. This pattern is so constant that it’s hard not to see it as a tactic elites throw out as a red-herring to cover their tracks. Just watch the Qanon documentary to see an example of it in action.

come visit the cybernetics thread, we have beer and wiener and methods for modeling control of human behavior

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, that video looks a little suss if you're aware of what QAnon likes to allege about Tom Hanks, but Tom Secker is a really good documentarian of Hollywood's ties to the national security apparatus - I first ran into his work when he did a long-form breakdown of Amazon's Jack Ryan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HHE2JTNwsE

https://soundcloud.com/media-roots/cia-mascot-jack-ryan-venezuelan-regime-change-fiction-w-tom-secker-of-spyculture

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Was reading the wiki page for the Oklahoma city bombing and lol at just how much stuff he was able to easily acquire

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So the independent panel reviewing the daniel Morgan murder will end soon. He was a PI likely about to expose corruption in the met before he got hit in the head with an axe and all of the documents went missing

https://twitter.com/BrianCathcart/status/1392057139833737221?s=19
https://twitter.com/BrianCathcart/status/1392057145332584449?s=19

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Zodium posted:

come visit the cybernetics thread, we have beer and wiener and methods for modeling control of human behavior

do u guys have beer's poems?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SDonziger/status/1391853453878595587

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Boy, that sure is a mighty queer coincidence! :thunk:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

lol that lawyer guy being like "well! this is just unbeleivable!" over and over as he's eternally imprisoned for political crimes against chevron

nut
Jul 30, 2019

https://twitter.com/0ddette/status/1392081326484885506?s=20

This is some of the footage of the still-mysterious suspect who placed the pipe bombs the night before the capitol raid from the FBI release (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ80LJIOn3E)

Maybe detty is being too paranoid here, for example the bomber is stretching and not waving to the cops, though it would seem idiotic to draw any attention to yourself while you are planting bombs and the cops drive by. The rest of the footage is kinda aimless wandering, watching across the street.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

lol that lawyer guy being like "well! this is just unbeleivable!" over and over as he's eternally imprisoned for political crimes against chevron

i don't think donziger is broadcasting his true feelings and reactions to what's happening in his case. the dude is struggling to get places like the times to give a poo poo, and this kind of "marketing" he's doing is important to get this stuff to catch on with people that don't already know about him. it's hosed up it works this way, but he wouldn't get much of a reaction being like "ho hum. this sucks but i knew it was coming"

turns out when you don't have capital's permission for your story it's a lot harder to get the truth out there

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Hooplah posted:

i don't think donziger is broadcasting his true feelings and reactions to what's happening in his case. the dude is struggling to get places like the times to give a poo poo, and this kind of "marketing" he's doing is important to get this stuff to catch on with people that don't already know about him. it's hosed up it works this way, but he wouldn't get much of a reaction being like "ho hum. this sucks but i knew it was coming"

turns out when you don't have capital's permission for your story it's a lot harder to get the truth out there

Yea the times reporting is might as well be ghost written by Chevron (it probably is). A buddy of mine sent me a link to court documents on the cast and I had to point out to him they were hosted on theamazonpost.com, which is just nakedly a Chevron propaganda site.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol what a dipshit. what happened was not an intelligence failure. it was a leadership/executive failure. they need a budget cut, not an increase

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

ymgve posted:

tbf if the tradesmen who used the toilet were sloppy enough that it had to be cleaned after a few uses, they should have just stuck to their own drat toile

thats not how making GBS threads works

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Another sorta unfounded posit:

LSD, the rise of psychedelic drugs, and the entire acid culture was a very successful application of what was learned from mkultra. the creation of the hippy movement was an intentional effort to stymie effective radicalism. Both by turning radicals into hippies that can be labeled as druggies, but also that the focus on culture, art, and internal experience shifts attention away from political action.

“Turn on, tune in, drop out” being the vastly preferred option for the state as opposed to organizing and fighting for change.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I think that image of hippies, is a pretty late one in their development. Yeah, that movement had a lot of strains of genuine radicalism contained within, and most of them were destroyed or forced so far underground that their origin is about to actually leave living memory for most people lol

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Timothy Leary was undoubtably an asset imo and Recluse makes a pretty good case to suspect the Mellon family was partially behind funding the brotherhood of eternal love’s flooding of the US with acid

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
are there any like, internal US documents about the development/spread of LSD? i'd love to read poo poo like that, it must have been terrifying when a chemical that induces such a transcendent world view even temporarily is discovered, i owe so much of my personal growth and healing to psychonaut trips

smarxist has issued a correction as of 22:40 on May 11, 2021

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jose posted:

Was reading the wiki page for the Oklahoma city bombing and lol at just how much stuff he was able to easily acquire

all he needed was a truck and a fuckload of fertilizer of course it's going to be easy to acquire

do they even ask retailers now to check if people buying large quantities of fertilizer are actually farmers?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Riot Bimbo posted:

I think that image of hippies, is a pretty late one in their development. Yeah, that movement had a lot of strains of genuine radicalism contained within, and most of them were destroyed or forced so far underground that their origin is about to actually leave living memory for most people lol

that bizarre woke cia recruitment ad everyone has been talking about is an example of marketers doing the exact same thing of trying to capture critical thought and sanitize it lol

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 22:53 on May 11, 2021

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

all he needed was a truck and a fuckload of fertilizer of course it's going to be easy to acquire

do they even ask retailers now to check if people buying large quantities of fertilizer are actually farmers?

try it lol

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

About a decade ago you had to get a certificate to receive any sort of volume. The local extension office probably runs the test.

E: Post OKC of course, pretty sure it was a simple retail transaction for McVeigh

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

no thanks

nomad2020 posted:

About a decade ago you had to get a certificate to receive any sort of volume. The local extension office probably runs the test.

E: Post OKC of course, pretty sure it was a simple retail transaction for McVeigh

well it's a good thing then that the type of folks who might be certified farmers certainly don't subscribe to anti-government extremist positions

nut
Jul 30, 2019

smarxist posted:

are there any like, internal US documents about the development/spread of LSD? i'd love to read poo poo like that, it must have been terrifying when a chemical that induces such a transcendent world view even temporarily is discovered, i owe so much of my personal growth and healing to psychonaut trips

LSD was discovered by Albert Hofmann while studying ergot derivatives at Sandoz, a pharmaceutical corporation in Switzerland. Even a lot of the functional work was originally done by Sandoz researchers like Aurelio Cerletti. Afaik, Max Rinkel (a researcher who I would love to know more about his past, particularly the time he spent in Germany) brought LSD from Sandoz over to the US to Robert Hyde where both carried out a lot of the original work at the Boston Pyschopathic Hospital. Robert Hyde received at least four known MKUltra grants to study LSD and other psychoactive drugs. Rinkel's maybe most famous experiment was in giving artist Hyman Bloom LSD and just looking at his drawings.

A lot of the early LSD is actually in published papers (though undoubtedly they don't include all of the work done). I managed to get a couple of the transactions from the Macy conferences that heavily feature LSD work. Probably the funniest is LSD effects on snail behaviour as studied by Harold Abramson (the allergist/psychiatrist who briefly saw Frank Olsen after he was slipped LSD while working at the CIA and slipped into a "depression", leading him to "kill himself" in front of Robert Lashbrook by jumping out of his hotel room window)

e:

you win this time, rinkel (not that a relation to the sachs is much better...)

nut has issued a correction as of 23:12 on May 11, 2021

nut
Jul 30, 2019

there's only a couple of the Bloom image set online that I could see so here's some of my favourites

e: as the bit of text suggests, Rinkel believed that Bloom's drawings exhibited schizophrenic tendencies with the onset of his trip and was presenting it as a case study for lsd to induce schizophrenia

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

imagine you have so much money you consider someone taking a poo poo in your toilet a criminal act

i work in construction and she's right i would never let my crews use my toilet at my house

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

flushing rags and trash and fuckin tshirts jesus christ

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

eye emoji

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1392267335847878661

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
gaetz is going down any day now

aaaaaaany day now

yep

right around the corner

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
anyone else starting to get the feeling that trump's term put some plans on hold

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit

nut posted:

https://twitter.com/0ddette/status/1392081326484885506?s=20

This is some of the footage of the still-mysterious suspect who placed the pipe bombs the night before the capitol raid from the FBI release (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ80LJIOn3E)

Maybe detty is being too paranoid here, for example the bomber is stretching and not waving to the cops, though it would seem idiotic to draw any attention to yourself while you are planting bombs and the cops drive by. The rest of the footage is kinda aimless wandering, watching across the street.

how does this square with the shitloads of footage of cops actively and literally letting people in and/or tepidly asking them to behave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

smarxist posted:

i owe so much of my personal growth and healing to psychonaut trips

Lol