Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Oh yeah, also - in the middle of the thread, someone mentioned talking to Lilliene's twins about Ruby and sending a Speedfreaks message to Kim? I can't seem to figure out how to do so - even without Kim, the twins just say they're not supposed to talk to strangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Xander77 posted:

Oh yeah, also - in the middle of the thread, someone mentioned talking to Lilliene's twins about Ruby and sending a Speedfreaks message to Kim? I can't seem to figure out how to do so - even without Kim, the twins just say they're not supposed to talk to strangers.
I went through all of this. You have to go around and talk to other people, including looking at stuff around the building northwest of the fishing village. You should have some kind of a quest show up. You may need to also talk to the old women. I did all this poo poo with Kim because Kim is my bro so you can do it with Kim in the party.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Nessus posted:

I went through all of this. You have to go around and talk to other people, including looking at stuff around the building northwest of the fishing village. You should have some kind of a quest show up. You may need to also talk to the old women. I did all this poo poo with Kim because Kim is my bro so you can do it with Kim in the party.
Yeah, I've got the "ask about Ruby around the village" quest. Asking the twins while Kim is there just has him interfere and say it's not going to be useful.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Xander77 posted:

But see, that's not at all what you're advised to do in the post you're quoting.
Ah. That doesn't work. Examining the note is turned off during the pre-tribunal and when Kim is shot, though at no other time.

So now there are only two things to figure out - whether you can drink the spirit bomb and whether you can electrocute yourself by trying to fix the waterlock.

No, that is literally what I did because I was having trouble with the pigs not showing up. I'd tried waiting a day, but she still didn't show up. While I was on the pier where you find the working class husband I did a quick save and quick load. She was then in her usual spot.

Rereading, OP seems to potentially have had a different problem, however I don't think there's an issue with her not showing up if you're in the "zone." Evidence here is that Trent despawned after it got dark when I moved out of vision. The map will change dynamically as long as you aren't staring right at it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Xander77 posted:

Yeah, I've got the "ask about Ruby around the village" quest. Asking the twins while Kim is there just has him interfere and say it's not going to be useful.
Go stare at the side of an old building.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Vagabong posted:

Whatever happened to the hanged man's trousers anyway?

Might be easy to miss, but when you investigate the trash container Kim picks up and bags a shirt and pants- he specifically mentions the belt loops- that presumably belong to the hanged man.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Nessus posted:

Go stare at the side of an old building.
Ok, maybe we don't understand each other. I've completed the game several times and my problem doesn't involve finding Ruby. Someone said that the twins will mention radio messages, which will prompt you to contact Speedfreaks FM.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Xander77 posted:

Ok, maybe we don't understand each other. I've completed the game several times and my problem doesn't involve finding Ruby. Someone said that the twins will mention radio messages, which will prompt you to contact Speedfreaks FM.

It's something that's opened up by that check failure, from what I've read.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Xander77 posted:

Yeah that quest unlocked for me after failing a check (probably the clearest example I encountered of the game making you fail-forward.) From my memory: You fail the really hard Shivers check to figure out poo poo while staring at the side of the building, and then there's a much more achievable either Shivers or Inland Empire check to contemplate what's going on, which makes you think of what's up with the kids, and starts an arc where you, among other things, end up talking to Speedfreaks FM.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:wink:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Nessus posted:

Yeah that quest unlocked for me after failing a check (probably the clearest example I encountered of the game making you fail-forward.) From my memory: You fail the really hard Shivers check to figure out poo poo while staring at the side of the building, and then there's a much more achievable either Shivers or Inland Empire check to contemplate what's going on, which makes you think of what's up with the kids, and starts an arc where you, among other things, end up talking to Speedfreaks FM.
Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grPIXQX_iOU

Wonder how many hidden interactions are yet to be discovered.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Xander77 posted:

Thanks!

"No, that wasn't my fascist line, that was my ultraliberal one. I can do the fascist one if you want"

Lmfao thanks so much for posting this

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Xander77 posted:

Thanks!

lmao this loving game

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Is that entire thing new to final cut? I don't remember it being in the game before.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

UnknownMercenary posted:

Is that entire thing new to final cut? I don't remember it being in the game before.

It is, yeah

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
That is an insane amount of content hidden behind a failed check, holy poo poo.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

To be fair it's a check most players would fail on their first game. I missed it on my TFC playthrough because I ignored the wall until I'd done all the quests that give bonuses so I had a 97% chance.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Can I just say, I ignored Esprit De Corps on my first 3 playthroughs but jacked it all the way on my latest and it's an underrated skill. It adds so much texture to the world. I think my favorite skills are Inland Empire, Shivers, and Esprit de Corps now because they are the World Skills, for lack of a better term: skills that talk about the world beyond your immediate perception. I love when they pipe up with something obscure from far away.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

just started True Detective season 1 and I swear Chloe must have put everything into Inland Empire, he sees and thinks some weird rear end poo poo

I should probably watch every show that inspired this game, anyone make a list of it?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I knew about the gun loop but I didn't know about this one :laffo:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

frajaq posted:

just started True Detective season 1 and I swear Chloe must have put everything into Inland Empire, he sees and thinks some weird rear end poo poo

I should probably watch every show that inspired this game, anyone make a list of it?

Obviously Twin Peaks if you haven't already watched it.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

frajaq posted:

Comrade Detective

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
I'm seeing double! EIGHT CUNOS!?!?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

tripwood posted:

I'm seeing double! EIGHT CUNOS!?!?

*"gently caress DOES CUNO CARE" yelled by eight Cunos in not-quite unison*

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

christmas boots posted:

*"gently caress DOES CUNO CARE" yelled by eight Cunos in not-quite unison*

So a Cuno gestalt?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Just finished my re-watch of Murder in Successvillle.

Tom Davis is the perfect Harry. I can't think of anyone else that comes close.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Just finished the game. I loved it, but I couldn't help thinking the end could have used some Fallout style end cards. There were so many ways in which you could impact the story, it just seemed like it would have been a perfect cap to an otherwise relatively abbrupt ending.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I loving love this gaaaaaaaame. :kheldragar:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Last two videos.

The life and times of the Horrific Tie (success \ failure):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72v8jMlCNT4

(Shame you can't drink it, that would have been the best ending)

Asking the Scab Leader about the tattoos (trigger warning and all that):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo_b29Tu-S8

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Finished the game yesterday. Thought I'd done a pretty exhaustive 40 hour playthrough until I read the last couple pages of this thread. Holy crap! It's a testament to this game's quality that I'm already thinking about putting in another 40.

Pararoid posted:

Just finished the game. I loved it, but I couldn't help thinking the end could have used some Fallout style end cards. There were so many ways in which you could impact the story, it just seemed like it would have been a perfect cap to an otherwise relatively abbrupt ending.
I'm fine with letting my imagination run wild with most of these characters, but they really gotta tell me that Cuno kicked speed and became a zoologist

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Ok I ragged on new Cuno before and I take it back. After you get past the old lines you've heard before it works really well.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Pararoid posted:

still angry you don't get to tell the cryptozoologists about the phasmid :argh:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Zil posted:

So a Cuno gestalt?

gently caress DOES CUNOCEPTUALISATION CARE

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Help, I can't stop spending all my stat points internalizing thoughts instead of buffing my stats.

I think Wompty Dompty and Mazovian Econonomics have already paid for themselves at least and on the way with Art Cop. Some of them just do nothing though!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

You're not going to prevent yourself from de-evolving into a fish with that attitude.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Flayer posted:

I think Wompty Dompty and Mazovian Econonomics have already paid for themselves at least and on the way with Art Cop. Some of them just do nothing though!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xinf3mPhkg

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut - I'll spare you 20 hours: im gay

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
Bought this game on PS4. The writing is exactly as incredible as everyone has said. I’m hooked.

But the load times.... Jesus Christ :negative:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Just think of it as, um, contributing to the atmosphere and tension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

minya posted:

Bought this game on PS4. The writing is exactly as incredible as everyone has said. I’m hooked.

But the load times.... Jesus Christ :negative:
What? It takes 6 seconds on my PC.