Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I also use zaws for exodias. depending on what type of build you're going for there is probably a slightly better melee option out there somewhere.

But those options don't pull people to you on a slam attack and they don't let you fire off two melee weapon sized grenades, three if you're Chroma.

Toss in a frame power or two, or have a nice condition overload combo going, and the difference becomes fairly irrelevant for the vast majority of content.

Turpitude posted:

Woah way to ruin my suspension of disbelief, Warframe. The big twist is that (Second Dream Quest)I was always just a pale twink in a chair controlling a Warframe, big whoop, I already knew that.

Yes, well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Mr Newsman posted:

My problem with the Orphix stuff is really that if my mech dies I'm screwed. Really hard to recover from it if you're solo or carrying the team.

I'd love to see some arcanes in the earlier rotations. 9 Orphix to get a small chance at a decent arcane makes me pretty meh about running them.

It doesn't really help too much but there are basic rigs lying around you can temporarily use until the cool down on your mech resets.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Every melee weapon without a gimmick is extremely boring and plays exactly the same as 10 other melee weapons at minimum.
Gunblades, glaives, and zaws with exodia mods all have something to at least differentiate them from other melees.

There's lots of good interesting primaries/secondaries though. Kitguns tend to be in the top ~30% but they're not really overpowering or dominating.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 6, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Turpitude posted:

Woah way to ruin my suspension of disbelief, Warframe. The big twist is that (Second Dream Quest)I was always just a pale twink in a chair controlling a Warframe, big whoop, I already knew that.

i can say you'll probably not react like this to future story quests

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

flatluigi posted:

i can say you'll probably not react like this to future story quests

speak for yourself. clearly you've never had your mother abandon you for her lovely ex-boyfriend and then plot to Kill All Humans with her other, murder-bot family :v:

(don't read this if you aren't totally caught up)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
No halikar? gently caress you baro, get better at your void safaris

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

That was last time! you missed it already. Whats he got this week?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

TheParadigm posted:

New chest cosmetics, the Ki'Teer armor and syandana, Prisma Gremlins, Vulkar Wraith, and Prisma Shade. Few random mods. Not a bad haul this week.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

TheParadigm posted:

Console baro. The only new thing was some weird poster of 2 NPCs from Deimos bounties , otherwise the bane mods and old weapons

Cliffhanger
Jun 22, 2010
Heads up. There is a giveaway at https://igames.gg/promotions/672875...YzfPGtMOo_2NP9I giving the following:
  • Foxglove Syandana
  • 200,000 Credits
  • 3-Day Affinity Booster
  • 3-Day Resource Booster

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Cliffhanger posted:

Heads up. There is a giveaway at https://igames.gg/promotions/672875...YzfPGtMOo_2NP9I giving the following:
  • Foxglove Syandana
  • 200,000 Credits
  • 3-Day Affinity Booster
  • 3-Day Resource Booster

Thank you!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Thanks for the promotion!

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So apparently, since I've been gone, AFKGoon is basically dead. Is the main guild still active these days?

Yeap the main guild is active, people are usually around for things.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I'm done with Uranus, and man that place was rear end (heh). This was the first instance of me having an actual bad time with the game. Very slowly driving the Archwing, which is already a fun decrementing feature of the game, through a maze of underwater tunnels that aren't Archwing sized, while trying to follow non-functional waypoints... no good at all. And they managed to include the water temple from Ocarina of Time in one of the spy missions too, good job.

At least the teleporter maze puzzle missions in Lua were infuriating and engaging in the 'gently caress you game you're not stopping me with this BS' way, but Uranus was 'please just stop I don't want to play this garbage'.

Thankfully Pluto seems to be more of the fun run and gun gameplay I'm here for.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The vast majority of the player base, typically even those who enjoy aw before railjack existed, totally and entirely agree with you.

I think the underwater environments look kinda neat and i bet the art team could make even more super cool looking underwater bits but that is maybe literally the full extent of the praise I can give to the underwater Uranus sections. I guess the sound is also pretty well done.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

FunkyFjord posted:

I think the underwater environments look kinda neat and i bet the art team could make even more super cool looking underwater bits but that is maybe literally the full extent of the praise I can give to the underwater Uranus sections. I guess the sound is also pretty well done.

That is actually something I did think while meandering around pushing E to get rid of the most uninteresting enemies to appear in a video game since slimes were introduced by Dragon Quest 1, and while trying to figure out where the hell the next waypoint is supposed to be. I thought, this looks really nice and I never ever want to see it again.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It took me over a year to finish the star chart because I couldn't make myself go back to finish Uranus.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It took me over a year to finish the star chart because I couldn't make myself go back to finish Uranus.

You really just have to bite the bullet and pound it into submission.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
How do you know which steel path nodes are done or not? Alert missions throw off the UI. Is there another way to confirm?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

temple posted:

How do you know which steel path nodes are done or not? Alert missions throw off the UI. Is there another way to confirm?

Pretty sure new node icon has preference over alarm the alarm icon.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Completed two long-term goals today. Got my last lich ephemera and my last waybind unlocked. Still have a lot of focus nodes to invest in, but I think I have everything I need for now.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

DelphiAegis posted:

You really just have to bite the bullet and pound it into submission.

I'm getting very excited now...

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Tyl Regor's sultry voice is the only thing that makes Uranus tolerable, but the good news is the entire rest of the game is better.

you've made it

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

So I just ran "A Man of Few Words" for the first time. Darvo makes for an incredible Lotus substitute; I would pay for the option to have him narrate everything. The voice actor just knocked it out of the park -- I laughed my rear end off at "Hey look, these guys are dropping life support modules all over the place! That's convenient!"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Tyl Regor's sultry voice is the only thing that makes Uranus tolerable, but the good news is the entire rest of the game is better.

you've made it

I got an autographed card from his voice actor during Tennocon last year and it was worth it. The dude voices Nef Anyo and Tyl Regor, the best Corpus and Grineer characters in the game.

Parvo Granum's okay and all, but does he have a tattooed-on Snidely Whiplash moustache, a cybernetic top-hat, and a void key costume? I rest my case.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Setec_Astronomy posted:

So I just ran "A Man of Few Words" for the first time. Darvo makes for an incredible Lotus substitute; I would pay for the option to have him narrate everything. The voice actor just knocked it out of the park -- I laughed my rear end off at "Hey look, these guys are dropping life support modules all over the place! That's convenient!"

"'Ey, Tenno, you ready for some half-priced life support? Ha, just kidding."

Darvo is the second best Corpus, though only because Alad V is possibly an Orokin in disguise according to Hunhow and the Stalker's Acolytes.

Edit: goddammit quote is not edit

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

"'Ey, Tenno, you ready for some half-priced life support? Ha, just kidding."

Darvo is the second best Corpus, though only because Alad V is possibly an Orokin in disguise according to Hunhow and the Stalker's Acolytes.

Edit: goddammit quote is not edit

That might just be because Hunhow's been out of the loop so long, but I like to think it's because Alad V has managed to reverse-engineer the lost Orokin art of postponing consequences by always having a new extremely ill-advised science experiment to throw at the last one when it comes back to haunt you.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Tehan posted:

That might just be because Hunhow's been out of the loop so long, but I like to think it's because Alad V has managed to reverse-engineer the lost Orokin art of postponing consequences by always having a new extremely ill-advised science experiment to throw at the last one when it comes back to haunt you.

So you're saying Alad V is essentially this, but with assorted war crimes mixed in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9yruQM1ggc

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Hard yes.

e: thats also a good description of the orokin in general.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 10, 2021

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Man, I wish they'd give us a way to get Nora Night as our handler, I'd pay platinum for that. Also I found this video of a typical mission on Deimos using an ignis wraith https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyOovqowURs

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nora really should take over . . . . . . Lotus' . . . . . spot. I love the idea of a rogue space DJ dispatching magic ninjas to kill mutants and capitalists.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Someone suggested letting the player choose their liaison. That would be more voice work but it would be cool too. I'm sure they could write missions in a way to accommodate it. The lotus being gone for so long...I've lost the connection.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Inzombiac posted:

Nora really should take over . . . . . . Lotus' . . . . . spot. I love the idea of a rogue space DJ dispatching magic ninjas to kill mutants and capitalists.

"we mapped the Cabal command net by dancing" is a Destiny 2 lore item that would fit well here.

Letting the player choose is probably optimal. I'd like to find out more about Nora's backstory and agenda before taking orders from her. At least with Vox Solaris I know what's going on inside their heads inside their chests.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Kesper North posted:

"we mapped the Cabal command net by dancing" is a Destiny 2 lore item that would fit well here.

Letting the player choose is probably optimal. I'd like to find out more about Nora's backstory and agenda before taking orders from her. At least with Vox Solaris I know what's going on inside their heads inside their chests.

Might want to spoiler that bit, my dude.

I would totally love THE BUSINESS narrating the mission to me though.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

nevermind

TheHoosier fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 10, 2021

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

DelphiAegis posted:

Might want to spoiler that bit, my dude.

I would totally love THE BUSINESS narrating the mission to me though.

Ticker is best girl. :colbert:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

temple posted:

Someone suggested letting the player choose their liaison. That would be more voice work but it would be cool too. I'm sure they could write missions in a way to accommodate it. The lotus being gone for so long...I've lost the connection.

This has been a complaint of mine for literal years now, and even led me to drift away from the game some. Apostasy Prologue was launched back in September of 2017. We're coming up on FOUR YEARS of her being gone. Lotus has been "missing" for almost half the game's lifetime. Let us either pick some different handlers and start to move on, or actually kick off the goddamn New War plotline and let us resolve this thing.

I mean, I know the past year probably made plans an utter mess, but this has really bugged me for a long time. I was worried they'd just let it hang for this long, and welp, they did.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

FunkyFjord posted:

The vast majority of the player base, typically even those who enjoy aw before railjack existed, totally and entirely agree with you.
I see your callout and agree. If you're a beginner stuck in uranus, ask for an experts help, it's much easier to get through there with someone who knows their way around.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I see your callout and agree. If you're a beginner stuck in uranus, ask for an experts help, it's much easier to get through there with someone who knows their way around.

At the very least you can auto extracted if you get lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Even Blizzard realized that underwater levels are way less annoying if you can just walk like normal, and that bit of Cataclysm was still pretty disliked.