Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

is there a way to get Warhammer Underworlds Card Sets? I'm trying to get Spiteclaw's swarm, I managed to get all of the cards EXCEPT for the fighter's cards, which comes off to me as insane, obviously I would want those cards....

Regardless. Where can I gettum if at all possible?

Only on the secondhand market. Luckily Spiteclaw's had alt art cards released in S1 organized play events, so a lot of old players have double sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Out of interest would it be bad form to field and entire Necromunda gang of 3rd party minis? Because the raging heroes minis are all ripe for an amazing Escher gang.

Go hog wild! I think the only place going all third party would be looked down on would be an official GW store. My Escher are 100% GW this far, but I recently picked up a resin mini from TTcombat to join them post-covid.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Booley posted:

Do you really need to be jerking off at the game table?

Don't kink shame my choice of Gang Queen

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I would only be using them at a friend's house or local independent club rather than GW store. I appreciate they need to be fairly WYSIWYG to the list I run so might mix and match with GW models.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Don't kink shame my choice of Gang Queen

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I would only be using them at a friend's house or local independent club rather than GW store. I appreciate they need to be fairly WYSIWYG to the list I run so might mix and match with GW models.

why kinkshame when I can just make fun over how embarrassingly lazy all their models are

anyway; was anyone else as disappointed to see that the AT volcano cannon warbringer is a forgeworld kit as I was? maybe not a total surprise since it'd need two new sprues instead of one like the reaver and warlord got, but still kinda sucks... and doesn't look like they're including the other head design either

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
My biggest complaint with AT by far is the reliance on resin weapon upgrades. I had also assumed we'd see another plastic Warbringer kit (or sprue) with the other weapon/head options.

I want to support the AT line, but for this I'm not going to bother. I can print a perfectly good stand in for a pound.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

is there a way to get Warhammer Underworlds Card Sets? I'm trying to get Spiteclaw's swarm, I managed to get all of the cards EXCEPT for the fighter's cards, which comes off to me as insane, obviously I would want those cards....

Regardless. Where can I gettum if at all possible?

Underworlds DB. Just print and sleeve whatever you want - I tend to use a spare Magic card as backing in the sleeve so I can actually shuffle the deck. Obviously, the fighter cards dont require the backing, but should be in clear sleeves so you can flip them when they Inspire. Most smaller tourneys will even allow printed cards, as long as they are in color and follow the current card text rules - just make sure of this with the event coordinator before you go.

Assessor of Maat posted:

why kinkshame when I can just make fun over how embarrassingly lazy all their models are

They do have some decent sculpts that would be good Escher - TBH, I backed the TGG KS years ago with that intention, but it came before the 2017 NM rerelease. But, now, I'm not sure why you'd bother when the market is flooded with Escher models and have the literal weapons for the game.

Schadenboner posted:

So what's the over/under on how long it'll take for the Necromunda starter to get sold-out?

Come on, man. NM is a core boxed game product and is not going away. AI and AT would get dropped before NM does.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

berzerkmonkey posted:

Underworlds DB. Just print and sleeve whatever you want - I tend to use a spare Magic card as backing in the sleeve so I can actually shuffle the deck. Obviously, the fighter cards dont require the backing, but should be in clear sleeves so you can flip them when they Inspire. Most smaller tourneys will even allow printed cards, as long as they are in color and follow the current card text rules - just make sure of this with the event coordinator before you go.

I just did this for Magore's Fiends and the Sepulchral Guard----two warbands that you can get as normal boxes but not the Underworlds ones that include cards. Just printed all their stuff on high quality cardstock in color. They're a bit smaller but if you just sleeve all that poo poo then it's perfect.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

DLC Inc posted:

I just did this for Magore's Fiends and the Sepulchral Guard----two warbands that you can get as normal boxes but not the Underworlds ones that include cards. Just printed all their stuff on high quality cardstock in color. They're a bit smaller but if you just sleeve all that poo poo then it's perfect.

I believe all of the OOP warbands stay in production as standalone kits. I spot checked and all of them were there, but some weren't currently in stock.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

Yeah, if you're photoshop savvy you can save the images then resize them to proper card size and print 9 to a sheet. Every once in a while, you'll hit a bad scan with tons of artifacting, but this is usually the best route to get OOP sets.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

My biggest complaint with AT by far is the reliance on resin weapon upgrades. I had also assumed we'd see another plastic Warbringer kit (or sprue) with the other weapon/head options.

I want to support the AT line, but for this I'm not going to bother. I can print a perfectly good stand in for a pound.

Why stand in when Vanguard have a honest to goodness copy?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Continuing the work on the Warmaster army. This takes me a surprisingly long amount of time! I gotta keep working on my workflow.

I ordered some bases and am trying to figure out a way to base them quickly using sands, flocks and powders for small scale minis.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Z the IVth posted:

Gonna also recommend Vanguard, I've gotten a loving ton of their stuff lately. I will say their Titans have more of a retro-GW titan feel to them, just a tad to thin for me.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Speaking of tons of Epic Armageddon, how do people store their armies? I've got too much to leave on my desk.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Virtual Russian posted:

Speaking of tons of Epic Armageddon, how do people store their armies? I've got too much to leave on my desk.
I store two mighty armies in my sleevies!

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Xlorp posted:

I store two mighty armies in my sleevies!

:commissar:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I tried to order some Escher upgrade sets from my LGS today, only to be told that the first shipment is limited to two per store. They're sending more out later (within 2-ish weeks), but you might want to get on it with your local store if time is an issue for you.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
I have to make the cards myself, but by gum I am getting a Skaven Warband into play this friday with my friends.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Verisimilidude posted:

Continuing the work on the Warmaster army. This takes me a surprisingly long amount of time! I gotta keep working on my workflow.

I ordered some bases and am trying to figure out a way to base them quickly using sands, flocks and powders for small scale minis.

Totally worth it though, they look excellent and makes my small scale cravings rise out of control.

For 6mm, I base using very fine sand, finely ground turf and some short static grass that I got from baccus.

On the ones above I've used a dark green powdery turf from Woodland Scenics for greass and some bigger ones for bushes..

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 11, 2021

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Verisimilidude posted:

absolutely awesome

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

Virtual Russian posted:

Feldherr makes cheap, durable cardboard box/nylon bag carrying cases with foam cells inside them if you don't want to triple your weight by carrying magnetized units on cookie trays or Target storage boxes with sheetmetal bottoms.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Well, after nearly two years I've actually managed to get in another Kill Team game! :D (and, for a bonus, somehow managed to keep my 100% win rate going. Still single digits mind you)

Forgot to take photos, but boy it was good to be able to hop back into KT. We did a 'KotH' typed scenario with my squad defending a cargo ship against two squads of boarders. Due to some licky roles my sniper and his beloved ogryn decoy managed to pin down and annihilate one of the two squads before the other was able to close the distance.

The sniper took out a meltagunner and hurt a fancy commissar guy, then the ogryn killed the commisar in melee and manhandled the rest. Then because that squad was contained, the second was able to be picked apart without any real worries. It would've been WAAAAY worse if I didn't have my trademark good rolls early on, though! (Seriously, some of my friends refuse to play any luck-/random-based games with me, these days. Fair enough tbh, as it's pretty uncanny hahah) In the end I lost three guards to his nine. We need to have a rematch with the positions reversed I think, but drat that could've gone a LOT worse for me, very easily.

Now I just need to finish my AT army and play that, too! At this rate that'll happen in...2025 :shepicide:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Z the IVth posted:

I didn't realise Vanguard made their own, thanks for the heads up. I think this is a better match to the official weapons though:

Ignore the paint, that's a misprint i'm testing stuff on.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

They showed off this lady

And all i can think of is

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Hihohe posted:

those shoes sure are something

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's a p good rogue trader character.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Anyway heres the link shes for Necromunda

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/11/underhive-informant-shes-rich-refined-and-incredibly-deadly/

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I hoped D'onne Ulanti lost her other eye, but this is a new character.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Verisimilidude posted:

Continuing the work on the Warmaster army.
Holy poo poo, this looks phenomenal.

Virtual Russian posted:

I got some magnetic sheet online that I just cut to fit base sizes. Epic minis are usually light enough that it's plenty of attraction between the weak magnet and the tray. For larger things like titans and WE, I just use actual rare earth magnets in the bases.

For a long time I had foam trays where I just took the center out, leaving the side walls and bottom, then I would have a piece of foam core with magnetic sheeting that I would use as the bottom tray and just put the models on that. It works pretty well, the only two issues are that you usually waste a lot of vertical space because the foam trays are considerably taller than epic models, but you need a taller tray just for structural integrity; and, the magnetic sheet on both the tray and the model would sometimes cause minor polarity issues.

I switched to the Battlefoam sliding tray system for my warmaster and epic, because I really didn't have any other options. I really wish somebody in the US would come out with a lightweight steel tray system for magnetized bases.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
warmaster!

Nebalebadingdong posted:

dwarfs with crossbows

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

lilljonas posted:

Totally worth it though, they look excellent and makes my small scale cravings rise out of control.

For 6mm, I base using very fine sand, finely ground turf and some short static grass that I got from baccus.

On the ones above I've used a dark green powdery turf from Woodland Scenics for greass and some bigger ones for bushes..

Do you have specific names for your turf and sand products? I've got some flock but it looks oversized if I use it on 6mm infantry. Sand is less of an issue since I started using Stirland mud on everything.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hihohe posted:

The bulge is way too small.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

The bulge is way too small.

get off your chair and turn on your monitor

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Verisimilidude posted:

Those look gorgeous!

Weren't there some rumours that Warhammer: The Old World could be in 10mm scale?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I think they were less rumors and mostly speculation and nostalgia-driven wishful thinking.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The 10mm/15mm rumors were also almost certainly AoS haters looking for something else to be outraged over.

It's never even been suggested by anything from GW.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Grumio posted:

Those look gorgeous!

Weren't there some rumours that Warhammer: The Old World could be in 10mm scale?

nah, there's no way. 10mm is saturated with tons of 3D printed models that already look like tiny GW minis

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

moths posted:

The 10mm/15mm rumors were also almost certainly AoS haters looking for something else to be outraged over.

I don't get the logic behind this argument.

The wishful thinking argument is that WHFB was an interesting game of positioning and flanking, but WHFB was getting totally impractical with 20-30 models being a small-middling unit. AOS solves the logistic problem but, love it or hate it, it's a skirmish game.

10mm scale solves the logistic problem. At that scale, you could have a game of ranking and flanking like WHFB, without the setup and expense issues of 23mm.

That said, GW hasn't even implied that they've even considered this as a possibility. It's not even a rumor.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Grumio posted:

Those look gorgeous!

There is nothing regarding The Old World, other than 1) it's coming at some point from FW ; 2) there's part of a map; and 3) it's likely to happen during the Age of Three Emperors, so it's probably going to be Empire on Empire, similar to HH.

That is all. If you hear anything else, disregard it as wishlisting.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
They also previewed some Kislev concept art for Old World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Hihohe posted:

Necromunda stuff continues to be amazing.