Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

people keep trolling by flipping QT Marshall’s numbers around and saying he’s 35

Isn't that guy some extra?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kenny Omega, the video game fan, has finally reached the next level and become a Tetsuya Nomura character.

For those who haven't wasted their lives, Tetsuya Nomura is a legendary Square Enix character designer and artist who has a thing for belts.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Kenny should have more belts so that I can post this atrocity

A Fattened fully championized leathery championship belt wrapped version of Kenny Omega. Full permanent AEW World Championship head, full permanent Impact World Championship body, two permanent AEW World Tag Team Championship feet, a permanent AAA Mega Championship tail, two permanent Impact World Tag Team Championship ears, two permanent AAA World Tag Team Championship lips, a huge thick permanent IWGP Heavyweight Champiosnhip tongue, a permanent NWA World Heavyweight Championship nose, permanent KO-D Openweight Championship organs and AJPW Triple Crown Championship insides and the typical blood type of Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship. fully wrapped up, tiedup, bound, all foreverially tiedup all over from full permanent Championship head to full permanent Championship feet and enjoying it. Does the same thing as Ibushi who is just like him, only championized differently.

Unfortunately, I can't post it yet because he's not fully championized

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

a cyborg mug posted:

A Fattened fully championized leathery championship belt wrapped version of Kenny Omega. Full permanent AEW World Championship head, full permanent Impact World Championship body, two permanent AEW World Tag Team Championship feet, a permanent AAA Mega Championship tail, two permanent Impact World Tag Team Championship ears, two permanent AAA World Tag Team Championship lips, a huge thick permanent IWGP Heavyweight Champiosnhip tongue, a permanent NWA World Heavyweight Championship nose, permanent KO-D Openweight Championship organs and AJPW Triple Crown Championship insides and the typical blood type of Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship. fully wrapped up, tiedup, bound, all foreverially tiedup all over from full permanent Championship head to full permanent Championship feet and enjoying it. Does the same thing as Ibushi who is just like him, only championized differently.

someday friend.

someday...

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

a cyborg mug posted:

I'm reading this and all I'm seeing is that terrifying scene from Superman III where the computer robotises the woman.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Christian was active in the 15 years or so that I stopped caring about wrestling, so I don't really care one way or the other about him. My knee jerk reaction is mild annoyance that there's ANOTHER older dude in here now gobbling up spaces that younger talent could use, but eh time will tell.

I'm more annoyed that my precious Team Taz keeps getting the damned shaft. First from Sting and now more recently from Christian. Kinda hard to take a stable seriously when their "skill ceiling" apparently tops out on midcarders.

One thing I will say they've done well with Christian is not overplaying their hand like they did with FTR. Strapping the rocket to them out of the gate left such a bad taste in my mouth, especially as I've actually enjoyed their more recent run where they aren't fully protected with plot armor.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

a cyborg mug posted:

Please keep your fetish poo poo to yourself.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Other than the Big Signing Thing they did when he showed up in the company, Christian has been booked almost exactly like Christian should be booked. Salty wrestler in his forties who has pretty good matches.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
I guess I'm just waiting to be wowed by Christian. The match with Kaz was good, but around 5-10 minutes too long. It got painful towards the end.

The Hobbs match was fine? Someone else said it followed the Darby formula, except not quite as well, and I agree with that. I appreciate that AEW is constantly tinkering with "how do we get smaller/older folks over on the big hosses" but sometimes it feels very flat. Apparently Team Taz's weakpoint is men over 45, haha.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lamuella posted:

Other than the Big Signing Thing they did when he showed up in the company, Christian has been booked almost exactly like Christian should be booked. Salty wrestler in his forties who has pretty good matches.

even that i feel was a casualty of people hyping it up more than aew actually did. dude's definitely a hall-of-fame level talent, it's just that people were fuckin fantasy booking mick foley and john cena and worked themselves up about it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

if u think Christian in AEW is good you have not killed the Vincel inside your heart

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Nakazawa is 45???

Also there’s DDP. All Old Men Wrestling.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i keep remembering how stacked wednesday’s card will be and getting excited all over again

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Everyone who likes things I don't is a vincel or a crypto-vincel.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lamuella posted:

:vince:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
christian is good.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Crypto currency ruining graphic card market and Crypto-Vincel ruining wrestling.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

When the Money Plane star's less interesting brother came out, I clapped! I clapped because I remember the Attitude Era! When he squashed Will Hobbs while huffing and puffing I made a hearty lol!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ok

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

projecthalaxy posted:

When the Money Plane star's less interesting brother came out, I clapped! I clapped because I remember the Attitude Era! When he squashed Will Hobbs while huffing and puffing I made a hearty lol!

Money planes brother is Val Venis, who isn't in AEW

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I mean, I just think his matches haven't been bad and he's been used okay.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Faarooq Mahal Jr.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Emi is 44? Didn't expect that.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

In news that absolutely shocked me, Lance Archer is 44.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Uh huh

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Christian has been a net positive for AEW because he's just been having good matches with guys and is presumably a huge asset backstage for people in developing their characters and in-ring skills.

I also appreciate that his character arc was "I'm challenging you, Kenny Omega." to "Oh poo poo I'm out of my league with Kaz." to "Okay maybe I'll just mentor these Team Taz kids for a while."

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
what could Christian’s advice possibly be, hang out with a more popular friend????

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Go to impact then come back and have an endless feud with Randy Orton

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MotU posted:

what could Christian’s advice possibly be, hang out with a more popular friend????
he sees a sea of pencil necked geeks and vanilla midgets and turns his t-shirt upside down

EVERYONE
WORK
OUT

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

if Honk came out in an EVERYONE WORK OUT shirt, I would pop for it.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

MotU posted:

If your boss starts talking about putting a blue dot on your face, leave the company.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If you didn’t watch Elevation you missed a Kingston promo so here you go

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1391900106169851905?s=19

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

he sees a sea of pencil necked geeks and vanilla midgets and turns his t-shirt upside down

EVERYONE
WORK
OUT

Lamuella posted:

if Honk came out in an EVERYONE WORK OUT shirt, I would pop for it.

Hell yes.

OUT
HONK
EVERYONE

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Was there any explanation for how/why Tony sometimes sounded like he was recording in an aircraft hanger during Elevation?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was completely underwhelmed by the Christian signing and I think he's been really, really good in AEW so far. Maybe a little white bread, but who cares. And his wrestling style is something AEW desperately needs as glue between the main events and the gimmick matches and the crazy flippy spot stuff.

Also, I like his accent. He's my powerful Canadian hero. :colbert:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Fuego gets yeeted back to his home planet https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1392114754118881280

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Arbite posted:

Was there any explanation for how/why Tony sometimes sounded like he was recording in an aircraft hanger during Elevation?

That's generally stuff added in post, right? I don't remember exactly what all was said, but it's generally stuff regarding a match signing or upcoming event when it happens on Dynamite.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

A Fancy Hat posted:

That's generally stuff added in post, right? I don't remember exactly what all was said, but it's generally stuff regarding a match signing or upcoming event when it happens on Dynamite.

They frequently do dubbing for the recorded shows. Sometimes it is easier to notice than others for whatever reason.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Some of y'all are absolute freaks lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well, 'at fuckin' stinks!

quote:

Ricky Starks has been diagnosed with a fractured neck. Doctors believe the injury will heal without surgery, and Starks is expected to miss about three months of in ring action.

The injury is believed to have been suffered during an April 21 Dynamite bout vs Hangman Page. Starks landed awkwardly on the back of his head while attempting to land on his feet flipping out of a late released German suplex.

Starks is booked for television and expected to be kept on TV while the injury heals.

Source: VoW.