Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

While we're discussing armies, how would I The Fun Police get one of those? Do I need an admiral for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

zonohedron posted:

While we're discussing armies, how would I The Fun Police get one of those? Do I need an admiral for them?

You build them on planets on the army tab.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

Goody, another post accusing people of whining without actually addressing any points anyone actually made.

There are a number of problems with these events!
  • There is often nothing you can do to protect against the negative consequences other than simply not interact with them. In many cases, the things you can do to protect against them are a total non-sequitur; why would a terraforming engine be a thing you need an army to protect against?

It's a video game event, you win some you lose some. You can choose not to pull the lever if you fear bad consequences. The army thing could be any number of things from rogue terraforming machinery to (in this case) partially terraformed creatures that are hostile to your population. This doesn't seem farfetched - in fact, there was a recent AAA game centered around having to physically fight rogue terraforming machinery. It was wildly popular and is a common trope.

Edit: Thought of a few more -- Once terraforming is done, the old people come back to claim it. Terraforming the planet was stopped because Graboids exist and are awoken beneath the surface by the machiner. The terraforming causes a strange reaction with your own population causing a few of them to go crazy. The terraforming raises zombified versions of the old people/your people because of weird space gases. The list is literally endless.

Cease to Hope posted:

• They're almost all terrible value propositions. It's not that they're high-risk-high-reward; it's that you're most likely to lose whatever's at risk and the benefits are rarely worth that. This is especially the case with the derelict ship, which basically just kills scientists in exchange for nothing. It also applies to the terraforming event, though, where the difference between a useful colony and a tech (opt out) or a wrecked colony or 20% hab colony (bad result) is much larger and more common than the difference between the opt-out result and a gaia world.

• You are not 'most likely' to lose it. At worst in this example, unprepared, it's like a 60/40 with a positive lean based on the event stuff someone posted a few pages age. This hyperbolic reaction to the consequences (and glossing over the potential rewards) is part of why I 'accuse' (read: point out that) you (are/of) whining. The fact that sometimes when exploring the universe bad things happen outside of your control and cost you a small amount of minerals or whatever is a part of the game, it's part of the story of the game. You shouldn't need to always have an Excel sheet pulled up with the exact risks and rewards of each event down to the third decimal place before you can have fun. Sometimes bad poo poo happens and you have to react to it - that's fun to a lot of people, myself included.

Cease to Hope posted:

• The difference between interacting with these events as a mystery and as someone who knows how they work is huge, and feels not great on either side of the gulf. There's no way to know that these events are a bad bet until you've done them many times, or simply just looked up their results on the wiki, which is where you have to look up how half the game works anyway.

• Yes, someone with more experience with the game is going to have a different experience with the game because the events are not truly random, but rather written and pre-scripted due to the limitations of it being a video game. You don't need to Know The Answer to have fun and not Knowing The Answer won't actually harm your empire that much. It's ok for there to sometimes be a bad thing that happens - that's what I've been saying this whole time. That's why I 'accuse' you of whining.

Cease to Hope posted:

• It's impossible to tell the difference between a random bad result and a deterministic bad result, which causes people who don't look up the possible results of each event to believe that these events are strictly negative.

• Most of the events tell you 'there's a chance this is bad' if you read the text - perhaps not overtly, but almost anyone playing a video game in 2021 is familiar with the idea of events that appear the same or similar on the surface that end up with a semi-random outcome. I've been playing Stellaris since just after launch, and I play it with friends - we've all intuited that sometimes you get the good result, sometimes the bad result, and sometimes the mediocre result. It's ok to sometimes roll the dice, especially if you're in a good place. Sometimes I only have one other planet because of a bad start - me as the player and my empire as the in game entity wouldn't risk their second planet's TERRAFORM ME TO MYSTERIOUS ANCIENT DESIRES lever. Because I read the event and used my brain to think about it. The events are mostly logical and lean heavily on sci-fi tropes that are generally pretty familiar to their audience.

Again: It's ok if you disagree. But I'm still going to think you're silly - I don't see my reply changing your mind or get you to feel, like I do, that sometimes you have a bad thing happen that you need to deal with in a game, and sometimes it's completely out of your control, and the game is still fun despite that. It's alright if you don't enjoy it too! I'm not mad at you or anything. I am gonna continue to gently poke fun at people overreacting to the fact that their space ship scientist died and they have to spend 200 energy and some research time replacing it and getting it skilled again or whatever though.

Yngwie Mangosteen fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 11, 2021

ulmont
    Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Cease to Hope posted:

You build them on planets on the army tab.

And you can raise generals but armies are not particularly well integrated (although the descriptions of the higher level armies are very cool) and essentially you build a brick of around 2k army power and then that’s your army, you move it from planet to planet to invade during wars and reinforce periodically.

Gort
    Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
    Being able to build like, ten armies with a single click would be a godsend for the few occasions where you actually want to build armies

feller
    Jul 5, 2006

Captain Monkey posted:

The negative effect is relatively minor and is not that big a deal and people are overreacting to it because they get upset at minor negative consequences is my entire point. I'm sorry the bad game took away your planet, but it was a button clearly labeled 'dangerous, might have bad consequences' that you decided to click.

edit: Like I'm ok if you disagree, but its clearly labeled and it's very, very far from a game ending setback, so the multiple page derail about how devastating and awful it is just seems laughable.

the derail may not have been great, but your posts were worse. Be the change you want to see.

I did the terraforming event because I'm fine with taking the risk. I posted as a warning and can't really see how you thought i was whining or whatever. I assume at this point you're one of those who thinks any criticism is too much. Too bad get over it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
    Aug 23, 2007

yikes! posted:

the derail may not have been great, but your posts were worse. Be the change you want to see.

I did the terraforming event because I'm fine with taking the risk. I posted as a warning and can't really see how you thought i was whining or whatever. I assume at this point you're one of those who thinks any criticism is too much. Too bad get over it.

The messages were not specifically aimed at you, you are not the only person who responded. I'm sorry if you felt singled out - I like your posts and enjoy your content. Please relax, friend.

feller
    Jul 5, 2006

Gort posted:

Being able to build like, ten armies with a single click would be a godsend for the few occasions where you actually want to build armies

Yeah I've been wishing for an army manager ever since the fleet manager came out. I'd also be happy with the idea people have of armies just being a module on a ship so I can make a dedicated troop ship and add some of those to a fleet.

I'd like to board ships in combat MOO2 style, but I'm not sure how well that would work here.

Fhqwhgads
    Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
    I don't know if this is a bug due to mods or what but whenever I build alloy foundries, the jobs never appear in the population tab of my planet. Right now on my home planet (machine empire Ringworld) I just built 4 alloy foundries. Fabricator jobs do not exist on the population tab, and my monthly alloy income is still at only +1. Am I missing something in the new patch? Only mod I'm running is Glavius (with the 2.8 patch to fix pop growh bugs) and tiny ships/tiny outliner.

Serephina
    Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
    ジュウレンジャー
    Woa, how are you building multiple alloy foundries - they're a 1-per-planet building since 3.0? Something is definitely not right there. Sanity check: are you playing 3.0.2 and have you built any industrial districts on said planets?

Fhqwhgads
    Jul 18, 2003

Serephina posted:

Woa, how are you building multiple alloy foundries - they're a 1-per-planet building since 3.0? Something is definitely not right there. Sanity check: are you playing 3.0.2 and have you built any industrial districts on said planets?

I am on 3.0.2. I'm a Machine Empire using a Ringworld Start, so I don't have industrial districts to build. I didn't even know they were 1 per planet as in other games I'd just spam each planet with them since I didn't need much else, but I never seemed to get pops to actually work them. Right now I have 4 foundries up on my ring world, each says 2 fabricator jobs with a +10 base production. After half a year of having them all up I now see 3 fabricator jobs on the pop screen at a 4.5 production each. What's it supposed to be?

They don't say a planetary limit on the build screen (like machine plants do, for example), either.

All You Can Eat
    Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
    Yo momma's so ugly, the Horizon Signal event chain didn't change her portrait

feller
    Jul 5, 2006

I would disable glavius and try again because something is very wrong there. I'm pretty sure you do get industrial districts on a ring world now.

Jabarto
    Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
    I do kind of feel like that modifier should be visible before settling the planet. A biosphere that unstable would be pretty obvious to scanners as advanced as the ones in Stellaris.

EDIT: oops new page

Fhqwhgads
    Jul 18, 2003

yikes! posted:

I would disable glavius and try again because something is very wrong there. I'm pretty sure you do get industrial districts on a ring world now.

Let me try going in fresh then.

Edit: Wow yeah, NOW the game looks like an entirely new game. Uninstalling Glavius seemed to fix it, but now I'm running completely vanilla and am not sure how to feel about that :v:

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 11, 2021

Yngwie Mangosteen
    Aug 23, 2007

Jabarto posted:

I do kind of feel like that modifier should be visible before settling the planet. A biosphere that unstable would be pretty obvious to scanners as advanced as the ones in Stellaris.

EDIT: oops new page

I agree with this. That much ancient machinery, etc. should be a modifier you're aware of.

zonohedron
    Aug 14, 2006

yikes! posted:

Yeah I've been wishing for an army manager ever since the fleet manager came out. I'd also be happy with the idea people have of armies just being a module on a ship so I can make a dedicated troop ship and add some of those to a fleet.

I'd like to board ships in combat MOO2 style, but I'm not sure how well that would work here.

Yeah, it would be more streamlined to have Marines. Send them onto stations! Have them act as a damage control team! (I don't know how to program this, or even how it should work, but it would be a reason to have a single module of them even if you weren't planning on taking over a station or subduing a planet.) I suppose they wouldn't be marines because oceans wouldn't be involved. Sidereals? Galaxians? ("stellaris" is the Latin adjective for "starry" but that's kind of already taken.)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
    Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Re: the Terraforming event

yikes! posted:

it's a situation log thing that costs a ton to research early game.
    This is why I keep telling people its not a minor loss. I dont always research stuff in my situation log immediately so on more than one occasion I lost a fully developed and well populated colony to the terraforming equipment. This whole conversation got perpetuated because people think I'm a weirdo for skipping the event (dismantling) rather than taking the risk. I got burned by taking that risk in the past so I no longer take the risk.

Splicer posted:

This makes perfect sense and has 0 meaningful negative impact on your game. You really need to stop being insanely outraged about everything, it detracts from your legitimate complaints.
    I guess I need to get better at being joking outraged, too, because I was trying to be funny :(

I did not know of the change and I was a little annoyed at first but then I realized that it makes sense so people cant abuse natives. I wish the timer was shorter if I wanted to shove them in a mine like someone else said but yeah, I can deal with it. Its 20% hab for my main species so I'm going to see how the planet fares as 100% slave pops for the 10 years.

Darkrenown posted:

I think it could initially, but was changed later, which is why some people have a memory of losing a colony.
    This would explain my vivid memories of losing colonies to it.

Cease to Hope posted:

Being able to sell Presentients on the slave market seems like a bug, I'd just report it!
    This has been a bug since the slave market was added and I have a feeling it will never go away.

Accretionist
    Nov 7, 2012
    I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Cease to Hope posted:

Being able to sell Presentients on the slave market seems like a bug, I'd just report it!

Exotic pets.

Splicer
    Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
    🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Monkey posted:

The messages were not specifically aimed at you, you are not the only person who responded. I'm sorry if you felt singled out - I like your posts and enjoy your content. Please relax, friend.
    Who are they aimed at

Yami Fenrir
    Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Cease to Hope posted:

[*]It's impossible to tell the difference between a random bad result and a deterministic bad result, which causes people who don't look up the possible results of each event to believe that these events are strictly negative.[/list]

Address some of these points instead of resorting to hyperbolic poo poo like "overreacting" and accusing people who disagree with you of being too stupid not to eat poison. Post better than this.

I just realized that this, right there, is what might just bother me the most about Stellaris events.

The inability to know if it's just bad luck or if you just picked the wrong option. Especially since it's basically impossible to know if there is a dice roll attached to them since not all of them do.

I feel like Stellaris events would be a lot more interesting/better if they were less "right choice, wrong choice" and more "safe low risk, low reward" vs "high risk, high reward" choices.

Because like, despite moaning how how bad some events are, long-time players know exactly what's going to happen for like, every event in existence. Somewhat unavoidable, obviously, but it really isn't helped by the sheer amount of events that don't have variable outcomes.

I'm probably not even alone in pretty much never even reading the event text anymore - I just see the options and know which one's the good one.

(Just going to ignore Captain Monkey because he pretty much seems to not be arguing in good faith)

Jazerus
    May 24, 2011

buying presentients from the market is a great deal i'm not sure what anyone is complaining about. each species you uplift is 200 free influence

Splicer
    Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I guess I need to get better at being joking outraged, too, because I was trying to be funny :(
    Oh my bad lol. The traditional paradox shibboleths are "literally unplayable" and various plays on having lost your ability to feel human.

Lawman 0
    Aug 17, 2010

Jazerus posted:

buying presentients from the market is a great deal i'm not sure what anyone is complaining about. each species you uplift is 200 free influence

If I could buy influence I would literally smash that button yearly in the late game.

Lawman 0
    Aug 17, 2010

Imagine all the sicko megastructure stuff you could do with buying influence.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
    Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'm probably not even alone in pretty much never even reading the event text anymore - I just see the options and know which one's the good one.
    You're not alone.

Splicer posted:

Oh my bad lol. The traditional paradox shibboleths are "literally unplayable" and various plays on having lost your ability to feel human.
    No, I deserved to be called out because it was not clearly being sarcastic and I complain often enough that I dont blame anyone if they think I was legit complaining. I was ticked at first and complained to a friend but I realized that them balancing stuff is a good thing.

Jazerus posted:

Wait, you can uplift them? I've never been able to figure out how.

Yngwie Mangosteen
    Aug 23, 2007

Yami Fenrir posted:

I just realized that this, right there, is what might just bother me the most about Stellaris events.

The inability to know if it's just bad luck or if you just picked the wrong option. Especially since it's basically impossible to know if there is a dice roll attached to them since not all of them do.

I feel like Stellaris events would be a lot more interesting/better if they were less "right choice, wrong choice" and more "safe low risk, low reward" vs "high risk, high reward" choices.

Because like, despite moaning how how bad some events are, long-time players know exactly what's going to happen for like, every event in existence. Somewhat unavoidable, obviously, but it really isn't helped by the sheer amount of events that don't have variable outcomes.

(Just going to ignore Captain Monkey because he pretty much seems to not be arguing in good faith)

Disagreeing with you is not arguing in bad faith. I agree that the system could be improved, but I also didn't mind my early play throughs where it felt more like exploring a weird galaxy with dangerous options presented around every corner. That was more fun than slampicking the best more viable option because I have all the events memorized.

Ham Sandwiches
    Jul 7, 2000

I feel the Stellaris vanilla events are bland stuff that is simply not worth engaging with. It's never fun or interesting and after a few playthroughs I skip them most of the time. I think I spent 2 hours trying to get enigmatic fortress working when it was bugged and when I finally did, quit that campaign. 2 hours for 3 text boxes - space rangers this is not.

Let me offer a counter example. The Star Trek mod gets events right. It's wonderful, interesting, and event chains generate massive map / political changes. It's simply a mindset issue at Paradox, to me. They simply look at events in a weird way, whereas those modders are far closer to my desired interactions.

Kurgarra Queen
    Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
    SUPER BOWL
    WINS

Yami Fenrir posted:

You could even tag event choices with variable outcomes, just to make it clear when the choice has a variable outcome(you could, for example, more clearly warn the player that activating the Abandoned Terraforming Equipment could be great or it could be very bad. You could even work this into the text: some fluff about maybe the creator's physiology was extremely different) vs. when it's just static.

But also, it seems like it should be kind of clear what the Terraforming Equipment is doing before it finishes. Like, "Oh poo poo, its spewing particulates into the atmosphere and we won't be able to breathe if it's allowed to continue!", but the off-switch is broken, so you have to blow it up and eat some devastation while having to live with the unstable climate and maybe an additional habitability malus you have to clear because now the atmosphere is full of garbage. Maybe you could even let the process complete(and allow your colonists to die or have to eat the cost for resettling them) in exchange for valuable research data on terraforming processes.

Yami Fenrir
    Jan 25, 2015

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

You could even tag event choices with variable outcomes, just to make it clear when the choice has a variable outcome(you could, for example, more clearly warn the player that activating the Abandoned Terraforming Equipment could be great or it could be very bad. You could even work this into the text: some fluff about maybe the creator's physiology was extremely different) vs. when it's just static.

But also, it seems like it should be kind of clear what the Terraforming Equipment is doing before it finishes. Like, "Oh poo poo, its spewing particulates into the atmosphere and we won't be able to breathe if it's allowed to continue!", but the off-switch is broken, so you have to blow it up and eat some devastation while having to live with the unstable climate and maybe an additional habitability malus you have to clear because now the atmosphere is full of garbage. Maybe you could even let the process complete(and allow your colonists to die or have to eat the cost for resettling them) in exchange for valuable research data on terraforming processes.

That is also true. A lot of these events really should have "in-between steps", like that one.

Not just "do we activate the machine and blow it up" and then watch with a a can of soda while it turns your ocean world into a desert while you're fish.

Your scientists should be watching what the drat alien machine does and realizing somethings going bad.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 11, 2021

Yngwie Mangosteen
    Aug 23, 2007

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I think this is what I'm railing again - the choice seems clear if you read the event text. Let me quote it here --

quote:

Since our initial settlement of [colony name], several anomalies in the [planet or moon]'s biosphere have been discovered. The ecosystem is unstable and has not developed according to projected models for a world of this type. Our scientists suspect outside tampering, and these suspicions have now been confirmed!

A few of our colonists have stumbled upon a large underground terraforming complex that was built thousands of years ago. The equipment was apparently deactivated in the middle of the terraforming process, leaving the [planet or moon]'s biosphere in its current unfinished state. If we supply enough power, we should be able to reactivate the machinery. There is no telling what the end result will be like, however...

This is a clear indicator, to me, that the project has certain risks. Not only has the terraforming equipment left the biosphere unstable, it was also stopped midway through, and the stinger at the end explicitly says there's no telling what the end result will be like. The very first time I encountered this event, I assumed it might terraform the planet into inhabitability. However, it only springs up rarely on a new world in the first 2ish years. Long before a colony is truly established or has become important.

The Star Trek mod has way better events, I absolutely agree - if that was the direction the conversation was aiming I'd be posting in agreement (in fact, I am!) - but to act like the above text is some mystery box that promises only rewards or obfuscates the potential negative outcome is silly. I'm not sure why I was able to intuit that the terraforming event was likely to have multiple outcomes and others weren't, but people seem confused about the idea of variable outcomes and I'm not sure why?

Yami Fenrir posted:

That is also true. A lot of these events really should have "in-between steps", like that one.

Not just "do we activate the machine and blow it up" and then watch with a a can of soda while it turns your ocean world into a desert while you're fish.

Your scientists should be watching what the drat alien machine does and realizing somethings going bad

Who says they can stop it once it's restarted? There's nothing about it having an easy off switch in the text.

Chocobo
    Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
    Oven Wrangler

Bofast posted:

Guilli's Planet Modifiers and Features is generally considered good.
    Tiny Outliner v2 helps if you have a lot of ships, planets, etc and don't want to scroll up and down the outliner all the time.
    No Clustered Starts is nice for spreading out empires so you don't easily get locked in immediately at the start

My man.

Jazerus
    May 24, 2011

Wait, you can uplift them? I've never been able to figure out how.

https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Society_research#Epigenetic_Triggers

SettingSun
    Aug 10, 2013

I've made a colossal mistake of purchasing the game on GoG's platform. Its mod repository is both anemic and outdated. Is there a way to yoink mods from Steam and throw them onto my game?

Yami Fenrir
    Jan 25, 2015

Captain Monkey posted:

Who says they can stop it once it's restarted? There's nothing about it having an easy off switch in the text.

Who said anything about an easy off switch?

Like I said, I want in-between steps.

Like, a "Oh poo poo our oceans are evaporating!! What do we do?!" event.

Instead of just dumping a "Welp, our oceans have spontaneously combusted at all at once" in your lap once the project is done.

Compare it to the floral fascination event chain, where things slowly go bad and you have, at multiple steps, time to do something about it.

Terraforming a planet doesn't take a day, and your scientists aren't smashing rocks into each other. They should see the ocean levels dropping dangerously fast and warn you that "uhh, our oceans are melting."

Even if you can literally do nothing about the change, such an event would be infinitely better because you can evacuate people!

Stop ignoring half the posts please.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 11, 2021

Yngwie Mangosteen
    Aug 23, 2007

Yami Fenrir posted:

Who said anything about an easy off switch?

Like I said, I want in-between steps.

Like, a "Oh poo poo our oceans are evaporating!! What do we do?!" event.

Instead of just dumping a "Welp, our oceans have spontaneously combusted at all at once" in your lap once the project is done.

Compare it to the floral fascination event chain, where things slowly go bad and you have, at multiple steps, time to do something about it.

Terraforming a planet doesn't take a day, and your scientists aren't smashing rocks into each other. They should see the ocean levels dropping dangerously fast and warn you that "uhh, our oceans are melting."

Stop ignoring half the posts please.

I'm not, but it's a planet wide system of terraforming equipment too advanced for your civilization to understand. Once again - disagreeing with you is not arguing in bad faith - but I just.. do. You turned on a mysterious machine the likes of which you hardly understand, and you don't have a way to stop it. That's my understanding of the situation. Watching in horror as the crazy machines you barely understand wreck your world is a very sci-fi concept.

You're proposing a different event with less bad things happening because you can stop it - that event is also neat! It's just not the one being discussed.

Ham Sandwiches
    Jul 7, 2000

The existing events suck though, they are nothingburgers where you choose a bland bonus or a small kick in the junk. One event has a moderate kickin the junk. Early game the risks generally outweigh the bonus. Later in the game the bonus is irrelevant as is the risk. Events in EU4, HOI4, Star Trek mod, Crusader Kings 3 are all far superior to Stellaris events.

Paradox worked with a writer to write the event horizon / veil / / worm stuff. So it does have good writing but I guess Paradox implemented the quest rewards because get this: They are awful.

I think this all comes back to Paradox multi balancing mentality for Stellaris and that nothing can be so impactful that it would swing the game entirely in one player's favor due to RNG. So the events are in there, but they are just watered down and meaningless. I think this 4x start (which is asymmetrical by nature) and Paradox desire that there be minimal asymmetry in multiplayer due to balance, has just hobbled this game for years.

if that reason is incorrect then I have to admit I have no other explanation for why Paradox makes the rewards awful, the penalties obtuse, and interacting with these events just so pointless. Why is everything so small in these things, from the scope to the rewards to the amount of text used?

Splicer
    Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Monkey posted:

I am gonna continue to gently poke fun at people overreacting to the fact that their space ship scientist died and they have to spend 200 energy and some research time replacing it and getting it skilled again or whatever though.
    You're really owning this imaginary guy in your head.

Captain Monkey posted:

Disagreeing with you is not arguing in bad faith. I agree that the system could be improved, but I also didn't mind my early play throughs where it felt more like exploring a weird galaxy with dangerous options presented around every corner. That was more fun than slampicking the best more viable option because I have all the events memorized.
    Would your early playthroughs have felt different if the events had not been random?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
    Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I know about that, I mean uplift pre-sapients that you buy on the market. I havent been able to figure out how even with the tech in hand.

Adbot
    ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
    Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

I know about that, I mean uplift pre-sapients that you buy on the market. I havent been able to figure out how even with the tech in hand.
    Once you have one they should show up in your species list as normal, and then you click on them to uplift them.