Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Was Starks' injury before or after they abruptly dropped the thing with Brian Cage maybe going babyface by being all "I respect you, Stingerman"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Only two types of people in this world, freaks and fat asses!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I'm all about my freaks and I'm all about my peaks

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

After. Team Taz remains fine.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

jesus WEP posted:

Which neck drop was it? I forget the spot

https://twitter.com/sonnythejobber/status/1392148940401909763?s=21

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

good lord

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh gently caress I forgot about that spot, man that sucks :(

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gaz-L posted:

Was Starks' injury before or after they abruptly dropped the thing with Brian Cage maybe going babyface by being all "I respect you, Stingerman"?

feels like this injury derailed the team taz stuff, which is fine really, they can do more to build Bryan's turn and have Starks pop back up at a critical time to screw him over maybe

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

fawning deference posted:

In news that absolutely shocked me, Lance Archer is 44.
Everybody gets older and eventually DIES

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think the endgame is kicking Taz out so if that happens Ricky can pretty easily still be the mouthpiece.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
"Sit Yo $5 rear end down before I make Change"

Swole is a treasure.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

smarxist posted:

already laughing at sammy vlog in the first 30 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNGpqhEtgtc

Marko Stunt, smartest man in wrestling

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

Marko Stunt, smartest man in wrestling

Only improvement would be having Pillman Jr in frame

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
love Cody talking poo poo on the NXT shirts

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Late, but this looks like a Photoshop.

I know it's not cause I saw it live but if you showed this to someone who didn't know what was happening I doubt that they could guess.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 11, 2021

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
watching Sammy bump for the first time in a few months and realizing i'd do one and have to take a half hour break on the ground

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
3 months no surgery is fuckign excellent for how brutal that neck landing was, drat.

great SV. Where's teh goddamned belt??

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
If an NXT Takeover camera panned over to Fuego, I think I would actually laugh harder than I ever have before.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

already laughing at sammy vlog in the first 30 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNGpqhEtgtc

Sammy's vlog feels way better than BTE overall. And jeez, Sammy got beaten during the match and I'm sure the rest are too.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like we're supposed to feel Sammy is frustrated at the end because IC lost, but i feel like the kid is genuinely upset about his performance because of a couple minor botches when he killed it everywhere all over that match, poor bastard i wanna give him a hug!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smarxist posted:

i feel like we're supposed to feel Sammy is frustrated at the end because IC lost, but i feel like the kid is genuinely upset about his performance because of a couple minor botches when he killed it everywhere all over that match, poor bastard i wanna give him a hug!

On the plus side that was filmed right after the match before he had a chance to see everyone saying he put in a star-making performance so he'll have heard all of that by now :unsmith:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/darbyallin/status/1392181566273691649?s=21

https://twitter.com/ToBeMiro/status/1392195596312788993

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

really excited for the TNT match, They are selling it like a doomsday scenario and a "dead man walking" match even moreso than Mox vs Archer.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

God I am so hype for this match, strap this man up

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i've enjoyed everything miro's done so far since he's signed and i'm glad he's getting his due

i don't know who's gonna win since darby's such a good underdog but i'm hype either way!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It just seems insane to have Darby win this one. After he's gone through these last few months along with being thrown down a flight of stairs just last week it would be beyond ridiculous to have him pull out the win this time. Plus him winning right now would just hurt Miro more than it would help Darby.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The only thing making me think Darby might win is how strongly his matches have been performing in the demos. Him as TNT champ makes for an easy main event ratings bump on Dynamite and they arent likely putting him in the main title picture for a bit.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

1) Miro's facial expressions throughout this promo are amazing and add so, so much to it.
2) That ending made me legit exclaim "holy poo poo!"

Can't wait for tomorrow

e: rewatching and need to add 3) "it's way more fun to rip the title from a clenched fist rather than a weak hand" is a fantastic line.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 11, 2021

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Wow, yeah the ending to that is pretty haunting actually.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dacap posted:

The only thing making me think Darby might win is how strongly his matches have been performing in the demos. Him as TNT champ makes for an easy main event ratings bump on Dynamite and they arent likely putting him in the main title picture for a bit.

This kind of thinking is how you end with Brock as champ for 15 months

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dacap posted:

I've pretty rarely been disappointed with how AEW books someone who I think should go over but doesn't so I'm interested to see how they'd pull it off, in any case.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

This kind of thinking is how you end with Brock as champ for 15 months

Yeah, that thinking makes sense at first but I feel like the flip side of it is that it means you don't pull the title off the guy until they start slumping and well, why did you let them slump? Last thing you want is for someone who was popular to just stop being popular and then you need to rehab them. Pull it from them while they're still popular and give them something else to do that keeps them on TV but also keeps their character changing.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't think you book someone to get thrown down a flight of stairs before a title defense without expecting them to drop it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, that thinking makes sense at first but I feel like the flip side of it is that it means you don't pull the title off the guy until they start slumping and well, why did you let them slump? Last thing you want is for someone who was popular to just stop being popular and then you need to rehab them. Pull it from them while they're still popular and give them something else to do that keeps them on TV but also keeps their character changing.

Also if stick with Darby cause he's drawing fans you never give anyone the chance to be a draw. Miro's been booked like a killer and his work over the last few months deserves the chance to fill that spot

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh that reminds me, anyone have the ratings numbers on Darby crying in PiP?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its kind of like "buy low, sell high." When you're on the rise you'll always want to milk more out of that, but you're better off finding the right time to cash out before you peak and then put that in something else. Its a clumsy as hell metaphor but if you wait until Darby's cold for him to drop the belt then not only do you have a cold Darby but you hav a new champ who didn't get as much beating a cold champion. If you move the belt when Darby's hot you have the chance to make two hot programs and another draw.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, its kind of like "buy low, sell high." When you're on the rise you'll always want to milk more out of that, but you're better off finding the right time to cash out before you peak and then put that in something else. Its a clumsy as hell metaphor but if you wait until Darby's cold for him to drop the belt then not only do you have a cold Darby but you hav a new champ who didn't get as much beating a cold champion. If you move the belt when Darby's hot you have the chance to make two hot programs and another draw.

It's like Darby is Dogecoin and Miro is about to brutally unleash Musk's SNL Performance on it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The closer we get to more confident in my Toxx that Miro is winning that title.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

I'm the guy in front of her eating a burrito

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dacap posted:

The only thing making me think Darby might win is how strongly his matches have been performing in the demos. Him as TNT champ makes for an easy main event ratings bump on Dynamite and they aren’t likely putting him in the main title picture for a bit.

They can still use Darby as a main event guy on TV with his association with Sting and growing alliance with Archer and Jake. They need to take the next step in the feud with Ego Sky and it's not going to be an opening match feud.