Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

As a bonus, the reason I'm re-feeding this panel is that it's currently fed by these three THHN's looping jauntily through the attic space.

It was also originally a Zinsco.

Wired with Aluminum branch circuits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

I was going to ask why there's a roof in your attic but I guess I should just catch up on the thread and presumably it will explain.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Probably not explicitly, that roof in the attic is on the original house's porch (1913) and they built an addition on the house in the 70's, and did it like that, because of course they did.

This is the roofline from the outside.

It is, of course, badly done and all the barge boards are rotted out.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/485-Park-St-Peterborough-ON-K9H-4R5/2071171368_zpid/
they did this bullshit to a poor old house but didn't repair or replace the balcony..

quality work

ugh

oops we ran out of ugly wood so we'll just have the perfectly fine original trim in this one room, as a treat

and just ignore the backyard aside from laying some planks in front of the back door for the saddest deck

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hahaha the window framing in that backyard pic

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Love the master bath mirror that's 6 feet off the ground and the random large rocks in a half-assed arrangement in the backyard.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

The ad makes special mention of the "gorgeous custom open shelving" in the kitchen, :hmbol:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

DrPossum posted:

thisbuildingdoesnotexist.gif

???

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

well yeah, have u seen the price of lumber?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Converted from a commercial building that used it to hoist things into the upper floor?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

:grovertoot:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Interesting... tumor growing from this house.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Elviscat posted:

207 1/2 haha, I've never seen that before

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My aunts address ends with a 1/2 but it’s a single detached home, not sure what the history is there.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
My parents house number is 207 and they have a birdhouse out front with the address 207 1/2.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

The Dave posted:

My aunts address ends with a 1/2 but it’s a single detached home, not sure what the history is there.
207 splits their parcel and sells the land between 207 and 209. Someone builds on it and because 208 is on the other side of the street, they need to make an odd number between 207 and 209.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

secular woods sex posted:

207 splits their parcel and sells the land between 207 and 209. Someone builds on it and because 208 is on the other side of the street, they need to make an odd number between 207 and 209.

This is probably exactly how it happened but 207.5 is not technically an odd number and that annoys the goony goon in me

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

The Bloop posted:

This is probably exactly how it happened but 207.5 is not technically an odd number and that annoys the goony goon in me

You make a better odd number between 207 and 209

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

secular woods sex posted:

Here that'd just be 207 and 207A

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

207A is an apartment with 207B

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chin Strap posted:

You make a better odd number between 207 and 209

I cannot

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Didn't some people put ½ if their house was 666? lol

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I can't wait till someone with an address number of 420 severs part or their lot and numbers it 420.69.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Elviscat posted:

it's just a badly done ceiling-raise, right? certainly an "interesting" choice of materials to cover the sides there :pwn:

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Oh, I thought that was a facade to cover a roof-mounted AC or something. That looks more...interesting?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i guess it could be a facade too but either way it seems very puzzling. elviscat what is this eldritch patch of shingles???

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I have no idea of any details, I just saw it and thought it looked horrible so I decided to share.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Computer viking posted:

Converted from a commercial building that used it to hoist things into the upper floor?

No, this was converted from a single-story home in the middle of an old residential neighborhood over the course of several years. I regret not taking more pictures of it over the years.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
A friend of mine has a second story hoist built into the monstrous addition they put on a few years back - it's a very small lot so they put the workshop over the garage and this helps get large projects in and out of the space.

That's not his place though, I can say that with certainty.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/video-captures-the-moment-a-crowded-malibu-balcony-collapses-injuring-several-partygoers/ar-BB1gFf7G

video of a deck collapse in Malibu, everyone survived.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Reminiscent of the Chicago porch collapses of 2003. I was at a party with a porch collapse two or three weeks before the bad one that killed a bunch of people.
It's crazy how shoddy some of these things are built.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

I can't wait till someone with an address number of 420 severs part or their lot and numbers it 420.69.

Colorado had to change their interstate mile markers to read 419.99 because people kept stealing the 420 ones.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/41999-and-change/

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Just got to the cabin today and the shower is scalding hot. Couple hours later realized the toilet handle was much too hot and surprise the water in the toilet tank is oh 80+ degrees. Some de-winterization fuckery has happened. In hind sight it explains why my first poo was so pleasant for this time of year.

Will trip report after I figure it out.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

De-winterization doesn't do this unless you have a dual faucet somewhere that has been plugged like a mop sink with a screw on hose that's been shut off with both cold and hot left open.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

By popular demand posted:

it sucks to bend over to get a small screw or whatever.

:classiclol:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Colorado had to change their interstate mile markers to read 419.99 because people kept stealing the 420 ones.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/41999-and-change/

The Parks Highway in Alaska does the same thing at mile marker 68.9. Googling reveals it's happened a few other places, too.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
My home town has a highway 420 running through it. Every year there were legalize it protests beside this highway on April 20.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/swiftonsecurity/status/1392710490762137602?s=21

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

jeeeeezus christ that's a fuckin wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!