Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Taffer posted:

What on earth dark power does liz bruenig have? she seems like a completely average socdem lib, why does she inspire such rabid hatred, I do not get it

she gambled in a couple of ways that are absolutely not supposed to pay off (sticking with a poor high school boyfriend, having kids super early with no family wealth or spousal income fallback, being open about religion, and supporting bernie publicly) and they're extremely jealous of her having professional success without the personal sacrifice that is drilled into every professional

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 21:38 on May 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.

galenanorth posted:

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1392090691908640770

Articles about centrists or "some" Blue Dogs never identify which ones they're talking about, because they prefer to back corporations and the wealthy in negotiations behind closed doors much more than they do to their constituents.

they can't even pass tedpid tax hikes without capitulating to their own right flank

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm pretty sure that quote was out of context and he meant 100,000 a month in rent, not a home.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Organ Fiend posted:

It won't get better when they're dead.

It won't get better when the Xers are all dead

I won't get better when the Millenials are all dead

Every generation will have the same distribution of horrible people as the last.

Not a very materialist analysis

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lol putting corporate rates back to what they were before the Paul Ryan whatever tax theft in 2017 is a bridge too far. Are you loving kidding me. gently caress these poo poo fucker asssfacedssjdjdjwmzm I'm skso mad djdfj f c

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

it will definitely get better once im dead

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Excelzior posted:

Steve Carell is the only funny person to come out of the Daily Show

too bad he hasn't been funny since like season 5 of the office

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Excelzior posted:

using "breeders" unironically is such a huge red flag

lmao

yeah the "Childfree Movement" seems to be following in the New Atheists' footsteps by rendering a reasonable cause absolutely toxic and pathetic to people

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

wow, I don't follow Glenn closely but he sure sometimes says correct things

Glenn's far from perfect but his hit-rate is definitely better than most pundits'

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

galenanorth posted:

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1392090691908640770

Articles about centrists or "some" Blue Dogs never identify which ones they're talking about, because they prefer to back corporations and the wealthy in negotiations behind closed doors much more than they do to their constituents.

hard to imagine a weaker president with less control of their party lmao

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
DEATH TO THE DEMS

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Reality Protester posted:

hard to imagine a weaker president with less control of their party lmao

he is the party

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Remember indivisible the jon Stewart movie lmao

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol I used the phrase "red headed step child" and this woman I work with (who is a red head and has a step dad) was like "a what now?"

lol

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

yeah the "Childfree Movement" seems to be following in the New Atheists' footsteps by rendering a reasonable cause absolutely toxic and pathetic to people

“new atheism” was mostly a way to support the Iraq war without being a funDIE like your parents, they thought exactly like evangelicals and maintained the same way of thinking even if they pretended to drop the Christian. God.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1392220241472720897?s=19

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

suuuuuuuuccccccccccccc

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE FUCKERS

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

lmao that aoc carries a water for the establishment nonstop but can somehow find time to dunk on Andrew yang

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lmao that aoc carries a water for the establishment nonstop but can somehow find time to dunk on Andrew yang

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Matty B's 'women and minorities' thing is honestly way simpler and way funnier. Post-2016 lots of white women loved saying 'women and PoC' rejected Trump and all, which let them feel like they were in that group even though he actually won white women. Matt now uses that same extremely meaningless statistical grouping (literally just everyone but white men) as much as possible to gently caress with those people.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Obama likes yang

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1392221370185129986?s=20

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

not even affordable lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

jesus christ can't even just say it for WATER?! What the gently caress is 'access' to water?! God loving drat it I hate this old pedophile so loving much

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

jesus christ can't even just say it for WATER?! What the gently caress is 'access' to water?! God loving drat it I hate this old pedophile so loving much

https://twitter.com/SenOssoff/status/1392216363163344918?s=20

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Clean drinking water is accessible in your area, down by the river. Please grab yourself a bucket.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

drink the leaded water you coward

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Oh hey a decent tweet from AOC about a pretty taboo subject. Good to see th-

Lmfao

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Does anyone have the Simpsons BBQ Meme where its Corbyn and Bernie and Bernie is the wrecked BBQ in the backyard (I think WJ might have posted it lol)?

https://twitter.com/TommyCorbyn/status/1392200814085672964

I mean goddamn he's still got it.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

camoseven posted:

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE FUCKERS

you alright, friend?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Dave Wasserman 🖖 is a ruffian and a scoundrel and I will no longer acknowledge his journalism

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TheRoot/status/1391801732234059778

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol