Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
New page free games!

Epic's game this week is allegedly 'The Lion' s Song,' a narrative adventure game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
hold up, let me install these extensions, run a script, and clock in for my morning microsoft shift so I can maybe earn a "free game" what in the world is wrong with you people my god

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

hold up, let me install these extensions, run a script, and clock in for my morning microsoft shift so I can maybe earn a "free game" what in the world is wrong with you people my god

:mods:

I feel attacked and insulted

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

im too busy counting my free xbux to read this post

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

But if you already have a microsoft account, you don't have to give away your email!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

It's not even a maybe. You let the script run automatically, you don't even do anything. And then you redeem gamepass codes.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
all you have to do is install the extensions, then the scripts, and you do absolutely nothing other than to make sure to log in every morning while you're eating breakfast to check that the tabs are refreshing properly and c'mon, let's not exaggerate things...there's only one spreadsheet involved, not three...and i often find myself worrying that i'll make my quota for the moths, but that's the price you pay for free games, get it lol.

life in the bing mines is so simple!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

all you have to do is install the extensions, then the scripts, and you do absolutely nothing other than to make sure to log in every morning while you're eating breakfast to check that the tabs are refreshing properly and c'mon, let's not exaggerate things...there's only one spreadsheet involved, not three...and i often find myself worrying that i'll make my quota for the moths, but that's the price you pay for free games, get it lol.

congratulations i have installed the extension out of spite

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

lol yes truly what a burden all of this work is to do

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I have over 100,000 points so far. And game pass has over 200 games so I think it's worth it. It really is no effort but I get not wanting to do it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It probably is, but that stuff just makes me feel like a rat in a skinner box. I know I'm dumb, but I try to avoid these schemes on principle.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

I installed the extension too, thanks for the tip. Now it's got me wondering what other zero-effort free things are out there.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Free Games: Secure Passwords for Bing.com

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

which GPU makes the best GamePass mining rig

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I'm way more worried about Microsoft detecting and taking action against accounts using that than I am about... letting an extension do its apparently entirely automated work while I watch some dumb video on another tab, I guess?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
listen, i don't wanna get accused of "exaggerating" things again; all i'm saying is that eventually these dopes will be willingly sending pix of their buttholes to redmond because the bing app told them that's how to unlock the free version of Tomb Raider

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cuts out having to have an onlyfans

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

listen, i don't wanna get accused of "exaggerating" things again; all i'm saying is that eventually these dopes will be willingly sending pix of their buttholes to redmond because the bing app told them that's how to unlock the free version of Tomb Raider

YouTube, Facebook and other sites are requiring people to submit photos of their IDs for “verification” so it’s already kinda happening.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Wiltsghost posted:

I have over 100,000 points so far. And game pass has over 200 games so I think it's worth it. It really is no effort but I get not wanting to do it.

Yeah it's this, basically. I was super happy with game pass even when I was paying $10 a month for it (and getting way more value from it versus paying the same amount for Netflix). Without the Chrome extension I really wouldn't bother about the reward points.

But like you say - with the extension it's pretty close to zero effort, though I know why people can't be bothered.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

Jokes on you I send Bill gates a picture of my butthole every day

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Jokes on you I send Bill gates a picture of my butthole every day

Stop wasting your energy to bend over and just send Bill a picture of himself.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

it's at least less extreme than the goon who kept a literal farm of old android phones in his basement running ad clicker apps 24/7 in order to collect enough penny shavings to redeem gift cards from the clicker apps

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

So is this farming for renting access to games, bc getting to own an imaginary license to “own” games is what I’m interested in. It ain’t catching the pokey mons if they all escape the minute you miss a day of click farming.

Please note that at no point am I expressing interest in playing games of any stripe.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

doctorfrog posted:

So is this farming for renting access to games, bc getting to own an imaginary license to “own” games is what I’m interested in. It ain’t catching the pokey mons if they all escape the minute you miss a day of click farming.

Please note that at no point am I expressing interest in playing games of any stripe.

Gamepass is Netflix for games

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Remember club Bing where you basically did the same thing but you could redeem points for a Zune and stuff? God that sends me back

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

love the new thread title

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

Yeah, but you have to pay for breakfast. That really goes against the spirit of the thread.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

doctorfrog posted:

You can redeem your free MS points for free gift cards to buy free physical games in-store.
(Can also buy free digital games, but only on Microsoft platforms.)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tagichatn posted:

Yeah, but you have to pay for breakfast. That really goes against the spirit of the thread.

you RENT breakfast, you don't get to keep it

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

elf help book posted:

you RENT breakfast, you don't get to keep it

your butthole steals the breakfast you have rightfully bought a few hours after you eat it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coolguye posted:

your butthole steals the breakfast you have rightfully bought a few hours after you eat it

Insure your breakfast against loss, damage and butthole theft

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

love the new thread title

idgi

This thread has gotta be one of the most unpredictable. Never know what you're gonna get when you click on the new posts. But I do like the new GamePass points mining direction it has taken. Truly this represents the spirit of the thread where free games are the journey, and not the destination.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

We've gamified gaming the system to get free games.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
I feel that I erred and people are getting a bit too caught up in the whole butthole thing. It was just a silly example of what the mining app might do -- not what I literally think will happen. I mean, it's much more likely you'll be required to send picture of your butthole touching another butthole to redmond. I assume there's a chrome tab for this as well, yes?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

kirbysuperstar posted:

Remember club Bing where you basically did the same thing but you could redeem points for a Zune and stuff? God that sends me back

I got Windows Vista Ultimate and an MSN messenger bag form that.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

the gamepass points thing is the absolute pinnacle of this thread, and I love it

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Cojawfee posted:

I got Windows Vista Ultimate and an MSN messenger bag form that.

Yeah I got Vista Ultimate and Office Professional 2007 back in the day. Not going to lie, I'm still using that copy of Office.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Q_res posted:

Yeah I got Vista Ultimate and Office Professional 2007 back in the day. Not going to lie, I'm still using that copy of Office.

I'm still using Office Student 2007 because gently caress 365 and the whole software-as-a-service own-nothing-and-pay-for-it-forever model.

e. In the spirit of contribution to this thread, Stick it to the Stickman is worth a larf. It's a beat-em-up where you cycle throuhg a limited array of moves that you either add to or upgrade and is very silly and light-hearted.

Breetai fucked around with this message at 09:41 on May 12, 2021

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
The Reddit thread for Microsoft Rewards claims that MS will occasionally ban accounts that use the extension so keep that in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

The Reddit thread for Microsoft Rewards claims that MS will occasionally ban accounts that use the extension so keep that in mind.
I sent Microsoft two Zune box tops and a photo of my butthole and they still banned my account. You can't win with these people.