Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

I still remember kids seeing me and "whispering" to their moms about the gaijin on the train while their mom tried to get them to stop and sometimes apologizing to me. I'd be cracking up though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My auntie, when I was a teenager living with her, introduced me to get friends as "you know, fake Korean, very small face" and I was so embarrassed. I guess now I'm glad, I would hate to see what a giant face would look like.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also in Korea nobody ever asked me if I grew up in a tipi. Only in the US and England has that ever happened.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Just got done with a session zero with my first ever d&d group that also doubles as group therapy sessions. I don't think I made a complete rear end of myself but I did definitely notice that I am not as good at roleplaying as other group members.

It feels good and I think I will get a lot out of this, even if I roleplay a barbarian while being a stuttering anxious mess.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Zil posted:

Just got done with a session zero with my first ever d&d group that also doubles as group therapy sessions. I don't think I made a complete rear end of myself but I did definitely notice that I am not as good at roleplaying as other group members.

It feels good and I think I will get a lot out of this, even if I roleplay a barbarian while being a stuttering anxious mess.

heck yeah. my main goal in getting vacced is being able to run a game in real life again.

here is un asked for roleplaying advice. pick a thing your character does frequently, or cares deeply about, and let that inform the rest of your decisions. i played a barbarian who would constantly spit in the face of things he was fighting and discovered that a full container of holy water sucked into your mouth and then spat into the face of a vampire actually does damage. once i was a halfling ranger who was obsessed with picking up every arrow she shot which eventually evolved into a backstory involving running out of arrows once and bad things happening.

also of all nerd activities i have found tabletop folk to be the most welcoming of earnest interest despite proficiency so don't feel bad!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
went and worked out for the first time in a long while.

felt good, 'yob. it was a half-hour, but it was legitimate effort. ran on an elliptical, did 5 reps of 10 chest presses, then went on an exercise bike.

gonna have to try that again.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

My auntie, when I was a teenager living with her, introduced me to get friends as "you know, fake Korean, very small face" and I was so embarrassed. I guess now I'm glad, I would hate to see what a giant face would look like.

I find the small face being a desirable thing here really interesting. Also in Japanese, saying someone has a wide face means they're well known within the community or whatever. Just sort of a funny little difference I guess?

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

went and worked out for the first time in a long while.

felt good, 'yob. it was a half-hour, but it was legitimate effort. ran on an elliptical, did 5 reps of 10 chest presses, then went on an exercise bike.

gonna have to try that again.
Build your own body

Exercise is so good and if i don't do it I turn into a Very Sad Person in about 10 days, guaranteed. I've been trying to walk for an hour after work every day and that has been great because I really enjoy walking and lifting aggravates my neck but it's been raining for 3 days and will rain for 2 more and I'm a little :dogcited:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Escape From Noise

I'm looking forward to my shoulder healing so I can do some exercises. Maybe I should do squats. That seems safe

xcheopis

Escape From Noise posted:

I'm looking forward to my shoulder healing so I can do some exercises. Maybe I should do squats. That seems safe

Hurry up and heal!

Is your area good for walks and hikes?

Driving down the continent with a pistol in her lap
Followed by a handsome man who says his name is Jack

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

Hurry up and heal!

Is your area good for walks and hikes?

I'd imagine there are hiking areas but I don't have my car registration done yet

bird.

my arm feels like someione hit it with a brick or dry humped it wityh the zipper portion of their tough, starched cowboy jeans wonder if this is at all related to getting the covid vaccine

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Feeling extremely unbyob about the weight of everything particularly some extremely current events so I'm going to go smoke and then go to bed

Robot Made of Meat

Avoid shoulder-squats, and you should be good.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

xcheopis

I'd imagine there are hiking areas but I don't have my car registration done yet

Foo.

Driving down the continent with a pistol in her lap
Followed by a handsome man who says his name is Jack

Heather Papps

hello friend

Mormon Nailer posted:

Feeling extremely unbyob about the weight of everything particularly some extremely current events so I'm going to go smoke and then go to bed

a powerful technique

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

more falafel please

forums poster

it's my second of 3 anniversaries tonight so we got Indian food from the fancy Indian place and drank some wine

wine is just old grapes but when they get old they go magical

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

more falafel please posted:

it's my second of 3 anniversaries tonight so we got Indian food from the fancy Indian place and drank some wine

wine is just old grapes but when they get old they go magical

Congratulations but I thought you lived in Chicago not southern Utah :confuoot:

cruft

bird. posted:

my arm feels like someione hit it with a brick or dry humped it wityh the zipper portion of their tough, starched cowboy jeans wonder if this is at all related to getting the covid vaccine

I suppose that depends: has someone hit your arm with a brick or dry humped it with the zipper portion of their tough, starched cowboy jeans?

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Real Sisterwives of Lincoln Park

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
only downside to today: the updates for the used imac i bought is now in its second day of downloading (10.6.8 to el capitan. six gigs over a 4mbps connection).

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

more falafel please

forums poster

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Congratulations but I thought you lived in Chicago not southern Utah :confuoot:

we celebrate when we started dating in February, when we got courthouse married in may, and when we did the wedding in November

more falafel please

forums poster

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Real Sisterwives of Lincoln Park

also I'm insulted I live in avondale my name isn't Chet and my dad isn't even in the yacht club

xcheopis

After five years of awfulness, I am finally able to do the simplest of stretches. Really hopeful this means being able to do light yoga again by the end of the summer yay! :shobon:
Walking to work has been good and I can hand out supplies to homeless folks along the way.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

more falafel please posted:

also I'm insulted I live in avondale my name isn't Chet and my dad isn't even in the yacht club

Plz don’t take it personally I don’t know anything about Chicago and Lincoln park and the good coast and river north and ravenswood are the only names of areas I know there and I just picked one!!!!

xcheopis

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Plz don’t take it personally I don’t know anything about Chicago and Lincoln park and the good coast and river north and ravenswood are the only names of areas I know there and I just picked one!!!!

Jabbing at a map with a pin c'mon Avondale Momma needs a new set of sisters

e: i know nothing about any of these things except the map. and the pin. i know about pins.

alnilam

xcheopis posted:

Jabbing at a map with a pin c'mon Avondale Momma needs a new set of sisters

e: i know nothing about any of these things except the map. and the pin. i know about pins.

Do you like the kind with big colored balls or the kind with little silver blunt ends

xcheopis

alnilam posted:

Do you like the kind with big colored balls or the kind with little silver blunt ends

I like them all, as is right and proper.

xcheopis

Now I need to re-read Going Postal.

bird.

cruft posted:

I suppose that depends: has someone hit your arm with a brick or dry humped it with the zipper portion of their tough, starched cowboy jeans?

i dont remember either of those things ha0ppening but i also forget whether or not ive eaten lunch sometimes so who knows?

bird.

like sam beckett's malloy i sit here with a sore arm, the only manifestation and evidence of something that happened to me in the past... and my theories

bird. fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 12, 2021

biosterous

i'm gonna do a light exercise and go to bed, thank you byob for inspiring me to do a health

e: also i'ma leave this post open so when i wake my computer in the morning i see this and will probably do a light exercise again.

you can do it, future bios, i believe in you!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Manifisto

this is nice, did you make it yourself?

ty nesamdoom!

more falafel please

forums poster

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I'm just joshin don't sweat it bud

Escape From Noise

Walking around this city really sucks. It's mostly built for cars.

more falafel please

forums poster

bless me yobber for I have sinned

I have been reading byob through bookmarks only and I have missed many threads

Goons Are Gifts

the other day I had to go to byob page 3 to find the latest unread thread :devil:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Who's got time to read threads? I'm too busy posting!

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember if you read a thread you have to post in it or else you become a lurker :ohdear:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I planted a couple pickle plants so far. Gonna name one Rarity and the other Ytirar.