Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

New World put out a new trailer reiterating the 8/31 launch date. So maybe that’s mostly set now after however many delays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YF33b24soU

Hype off the chain now.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Environment looks really cool, very similar to ESO with attention to detail. Combat looks kind of generic, like it looks fine and passable but not getting me excited. But honestly even if this turned out to be ESO-esque with a passable combat system I’d try it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Truga posted:

so this swords of legend online thing that's coming to steam, is it good or nah?

the only thing i can find about it is some guy making a review of the chinese version 2 years ago while knowing zero chinese

Looks like poo poo bro

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
i really hope they aren't using the terrible chinese anticheat rootkits that revert your windows into test mode or non-genuine or unactivated and also send personal info, clipboard contents, etc plaintext over the internet

if i see anticheatexpert or tenprotect i'm passing on it

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I never understand fishing in games. I don't want to fish in games. I don't want to fish in real life. Why is fishing always included?

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Some people like fishing.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Glass of Milk posted:

I don't want to fish in real life.

mods?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'll ask them to tone it down

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Babe Magnet posted:

I'll ask them to tone it down

Finally!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

They said no

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Glass of Milk posted:

I never understand fishing in games. I don't want to fish in games. I don't want to fish in real life. Why is fishing always included?

as a general rule, if there's fishing in an mmo, you can make an absolute killing by doing it because most people really don't want to fish and they assume "oh it's just fish what is that good for"

if you ever try to get into an established mmo with fishing, chances are you can gear up your dude by fishing a lot and selling the fish to established players for an enormous markup

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If I wanted to play Bass Pro Fishing Simulator I'd play Bass Pro Fishing Simulator.

This is also why I'm terrible at grinding mobs or whatever in any given game. Need a motivational reason beyond make number go up.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Glass of Milk posted:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

blatman posted:

as a general rule, if there's fishing in an mmo, you can make an absolute killing by doing it because most people really don't want to fish and they assume "oh it's just fish what is that good for"

if you ever try to get into an established mmo with fishing, chances are you can gear up your dude by fishing a lot and selling the fish to established players for an enormous markup

This is true for most gathering professions, provided gold sellers don't have the market cornered with their teleporting farming bots.

I made my riches in several MMOs mining ore.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Bless is doing a stress test for the next little while on Steam.

It is... not good.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I got the invite to Bless too. They probably sent it to everyone who clicked interest.

I'm not downloading it. Never played any of the previous (five?) flopped Bless launches. I think it exists purely to sell whatever preorders or launch week stuff it can before shutting down ASAP and repeating the process.

Maybe I'll finally play Bless when it relaunches in 2030 for the fifteenth time.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Freakazoid_ posted:

I made my riches in several MMOs mining ore.

I made mine pking and dueling.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Chad and virgin basically.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ok marge

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Brain In A Jar posted:

Bless is doing a stress test for the next little while on Steam.

It is... not good.

I was playing this on Xbox when it came out, it's a boring game and feels extremely unbalanced and poorly thought out. It kinda has something similar to Guild Wars 2 for quests and world activities, but every enemy is a huge health sponge, and attacks do very little damage. It feels like you're suppose to be grouping with other players, or paying money for more powerful weapons.

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

Smythe posted:

Looks like poo poo bro

Everything about it screams generic

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Bless

more like

Mess

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Why are people excited about the generic china mmo

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

please knock Mom! posted:

Some people are just broken by the grinds. If I want a real grind I load up rs3 or osrs f2p until my brain is like “wtf are you doing mate?” then I can go back to a normal human.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Same thing I asked - "so it's a generic china mmo with modern graphics, what makes it stand out?"

No response

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What about Ashes of Creation? Isn't that the next MMO hope as well?

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

RE: “Why don’t people answer my snarky question about china game?”

Being completely honest, people are probably over trying to convince someone who immediately conveys a jaded and cynical attitude toward the thing they’re (sort of) asking about to share in their excitement.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

please knock Mom! posted:

it looks good and isn't lovely tab combat so i'm interested

i'll definitely watch some streams/reviews before buying tho

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Me on steam pre ordering generic chinese mmo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

What about Ashes of Creation? Isn't that the next MMO hope as well?

This game turned out to be a scam that doesn't really exist.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

doomisland posted:

Me on steam pre ordering generic chinese mmo

Its this basically. The most exciting release in the MMO genre in the last two years was...a re-release of a fifteen-year old game. We're dying out here, grasping for any mirage even if its a Chinagame or made by Jeff Bezos.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

I said come in! posted:

This game turned out to be a scam that doesn't really exist.

AoC does exist and is in alpha though this is the usual feeling about its current state:

Ffycchi posted:

I'm in the NDA pre-alpha....it's....k...... It needs a lot of work. A few more years at an absolute minimum....still closer to being done than star citizen. So it has that going for it.

As for SOLO, if ICR makes a thread for it then I will likely follow. After all these years I will still follow...

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTTtd6bnhFs

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

MH Knights posted:

As for SOLO, if ICR makes a thread for it then I will likely follow. After all these years I will still follow...

This is the way.

this music rules

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

this isn't an mmo but whatever it's a bop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Kaysette posted:

this isn't an mmo but whatever it's a bop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

It was actually a MMO that just recently got shut off in Japan. I didn't play it but from what I've read and been told, it was apparently incredibly alright with fun combat classes and fun combat systems very much based on the single player experience that DD had. Wish it had a release in the west so we could have tried it out but alas.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Stalins Moustache posted:

It was actually a MMO that just recently got shut off in Japan. I didn't play it but from what I've read and been told, it was apparently incredibly alright with fun combat classes and fun combat systems very much based on the single player experience that DD had. Wish it had a release in the west so we could have tried it out but alas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4nOoADmf8k

yeah

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I forgot they did make an MMO. I remember looking at the thread for that and seeing all the steps you had to go through to actually play and use the unofficial translation :effort:

Would have been cool to get a western release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I played the Dragons Dogma MMO and it was worth the hassle. I remember using the google translate app on my phone to read a bunch of tue stuff the dialogue patch didn’t hit lol

the assassin in the mmo had dope rear end grappling hook moves you could use to slingshot around giant enemies

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 15, 2021