Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

smarxist posted:

Yeah on Elevation

Huh, neat.

Jade in the Pinnacle would be absolutely incredible, obviously. Unfortunately Jade and Wardlow standing next to each other would make everybody's eyes explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Eat My Fuc posted:

Putting Mac in this list hurts my heart, he was an incredible producer and a good dude who was beloved by many incredibly talented people. Watch his tiny desk, he wasn't a joke. RIP

macs tiny desk is so good

rip mac

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
another fantastic episode of dark

pandemic dark is the best

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MJeff posted:

Huh, neat.

Jade in the Pinnacle would be absolutely incredible, obviously. Unfortunately Jade and Wardlow standing next to each other would make everybody's eyes explode.

ok but what if jade and wardlow sideeyed each other like hager and wardlow but 100x better bc its jade cargill and not stinky jack swagger

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Jade can be the Anna of the group and Wardlow her Stu

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Eat My Fuc posted:

They haven't been relevant for over 10 years

Wrestling hasn't been relevant in over 20 years but here we are.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Vinny is a fan

https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1392311951196233729

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
here's a link to the segment if anyone wants to see;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeWbuQobv2c&t=3212s

he DOES say he representED MJF, but i'm gonna cross my fingers that that's to try and disguise the direction a bit, because Jade to the Pinnacle makes amazing sense on so many levels

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I'm a new wrestling fan and I just started watching AEW from the beginning. I watched a bunch of other stuff, mainly NJPW. I caught the wrestling bug and apparently AEW is where it's at. Even my girlfriend is hooked. We watched Double or Nothing yesterday and All In and Fyter Fest today.

Holy poo poo. All the fights were great in every event but here's some things:

DoN, the match with Cody and Dustin was wild. I had to shrink the screen to watch the match cause my girlfriend was grossed out and we were both tearin' up at the end of the fight.

Fyter Fest, we just finished it. Moxley and Janelo had me cringing in pain and gf hiding, Cody almost died!!! Street Fighter match!

I love the luchadores so much, especially Pentagon Jr. Just so much fun to watch.

All the women are incredible, the Hot Mess is great, and the dentist and the magical girl and drat I can't wait til Maki Itoh gets in the ring.

I love it. I love all of it.

Edit: is there a general AEW thread? I'm not really sure how this subforum works.

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 12, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're in the general aew thread now. all good. there's a new one ('aew discussion') each week, right after the latest episode of dynamite. me and cerebral bore are teaming up to welcome you. we are a tag team and we're going to break up if we ever lose a match.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Eat The Rich posted:

Edit: is there a general AEW thread? I'm not really sure how this subforum works.

These weekly discussion threads are the general threads.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
this is the general aew thread but for the sake of keeping it from getting too unwieldy every Wednesday it gets closed for a live thread during dynamite and then a new weekly thread gets made after the show. makes it easy to look back and see what people thought of each show as well

there's also two permanent threads for the two youtube dark shows aew does

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah the weekly discussion threads tend to get up to 40-50 pages so one megathread would just balloon into a monstrosity real fast.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat The Rich posted:

I'm a new wrestling fan and I just started watching AEW from the beginning

Hi friend, you're in for a hell of a time :)

Also I dunno how much you know about AEW's history but if you're coming in fresh you probably want to stay out of this thread to avoid spoilers

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Eat The Rich posted:

I'm a new wrestling fan and I just started watching AEW from the beginning.

welcome friend! :D

so for AEW there's:
One Dark megathread for discussion/live posting
One Elevation megathread for discussion/live posting

And a general discussion thread for the whole company that gets refreshed weekly when it's closed for Dynamite and replaced with a live post thread, which is then closed when the next week's general thread is opened (usually shortly after Dynamite ends and we get a recap for the OP)

smarxist fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 12, 2021

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

CERO

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

MIEDO

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat The Rich posted:

I'm a new wrestling fan and I just started watching AEW from the beginning. I watched a bunch of other stuff, mainly NJPW. I caught the wrestling bug and apparently AEW is where it's at. Even my girlfriend is hooked. We watched Double or Nothing yesterday and All In and Fyter Fest today.

DoN, the match with Cody and Dustin was wild. I had to shrink the screen to watch the match cause my girlfriend was grossed out and we were both tearin' up at the end of the fight.

Fyter Fest, we just finished it. Moxley and Janelo had me cringing in pain and gf hiding, Cody almost died!!! Street Fighter match!

I love the luchadores so much, especially Pentagon Jr. Just so much fun to watch.

All the women are incredible, the Hot Mess is great, and the dentist and the magical girl and drat I can't wait til Maki Itoh gets in the ring.

hell yes

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i kind of assume you're going to try to start powering through dynamites after the ppvs, but i do highly recommend checking out the two youtube dark shows at some point as well, because they put out some ridiculously good levels of wrestling just free on youtube every week and it's great

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:miedo:

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

My plan is to absorb everything AEW until I catch up. It's making me feel good through this mood of a year.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If Joey Janela was a frog

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if jungle boy moved to a city with all that fast food and televisions and whatnot. as a frog. nvm that image didn't load for me the first time I saw this page. i believed we were talking about what ifs to ponder

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 09:42 on May 12, 2021

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Eat The Rich posted:

This rules. I think maybe plowing through all of Dynamite might be a bit much so here a list of all the Special Dynamites as well as the PPVS (forgive the formatting, it was hastily copied from Wikipedia):

Fight for the Fallen July 13, 2019 PPV
All Out August 31, 2019 PPV
Debut episode October 2, 2019
Halloween episode October 30, 2019
Full Gear November 9, 2019 PPV
Thanksgiving episode November 27, 2019
Homecoming Edition January 1, 2020
Anniversary Edition January 8, 2020
Bash at the Beach Night 1 January 15, 2020
Night 2 January 22, 2020
Revolution February 29, 2020 PPV
Double or Nothing May 23, 2020 PPV
Fyter Fest Night 1 July 1, 2020
Night 2 July 8, 2020
Fight for the Fallen July 15, 2020[23]
Tag Team Appreciation Night August 12, 2020
Saturday Night Dynamite August 22, 2020
Thursday Night Dynamite August 27, 2020
All Out September 5, 2020 PPV
Late Night Dynamite September 22, 2020
Chris Jericho's 30th Anniversary Celebration October 7, 2020
Anniversary Show October 14, 2020
Full Gear November 7, 2020 PPV
Winter Is Coming December 2, 2020
Holiday Bash December 23, 2020
Brodie Lee Celebration of Life December 30, 2020
New Year's Smash Night 1 January 6, 2021
Night 2 January 13, 2021
Beach Break February 3, 2021
Revolution March 7, 2021 PPV
The Crossroads March 3, 2021
St. Patrick's Day Slam March 17, 2021
Blood and Guts May 5, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

This rules. I think maybe plowing through all of Dynamite might be a bit much so here a list of all the Special Dynamites as well as the PPVS (forgive the formatting, it was hastily copied from Wikipedia):

Thanksgiving episode November 27, 2019

Do NOT watch this episode IMO

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Good looking out, my dudes.

I'm digging the BTE videos, but can I watch them casually or are they necessary?

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Do NOT watch this episode IMO

Is that the one with the gobbler cause I'm gonna have to watch that one

Edit: lol nevermind google says it's WWE

Edit edit: lmao

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 10:02 on May 12, 2021

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Eat The Rich posted:

I'm digging the BTE videos, but can I watch them casually or are they necessary?

They’re completely optional but good supplemental material. It’s mostly goofy skits but they do some character stuff on there too.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat The Rich posted:

Is that the one with the gobbler cause I'm gonna have to watch that one

Yes! I think it's one of maybe...4 or 5 episodes (max) of Dynamite that I would consider not good. I've watched every ep and I could literally count on one hand the ones I thought weren't good, which is pretty good going for a show that's had 82 eps

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Eat The Rich posted:

BTE (and Sammy's Vlog) are mostly sketches that are entirely irrelevant to the stories on the show. Occasionally they take the space to build a little more on something (normally the something that the Bucks are doing). This week's opened and closed w/ promos for the Buck's upcoming match, for example. But that's certainly not the rule, and it's never essential viewing to understand what's going on.
There have been a few instances of those irrelevant sketches becoming so popular, the wrestler associated w/ them gets a much larger profile on Dynamite.

A few days ago I imagined a guy who follows BTE religiously, but has no interest in watching Dynamite. They'd only be dimly aware of Darby Allin, and they wouldn't be a fan.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

If Joey Janela was a frog

gently caress, I was about to post this exact thing :haw:

New favourite SA smilie :miedo:

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Ok cool. Mainly I've heard a bit about Hangman Page's story and I was hoping I wouldn't miss too much by binging AEW proper

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yes! I think it's one of maybe...4 or 5 episodes (max) of Dynamite that I would consider not good. I've watched every ep and I could literally count on one hand the ones I thought weren't good, which is pretty good going for a show that's had 82 eps
yeah same. even the below average dynamites are quite good! skippable if you’re trying to catch up sure, but worth watching if you have a lot of time to do it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ETR, you should watch the Road Tos as well, I can't remember if you mentioned those already, they're like UFC embedded/hype videos. really good

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Eat The Rich posted:

My plan is to absorb everything AEW

:miedo:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm absorbing everything AEW right now and replaced being let down by Netflix shows.

Also Joey Janela's assless frog.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Blasphemy! I haven't seen a butt I didn't like

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If Joey Janela was British they'd be calling him The Assless Chap.