Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lurdiak posted:

I asked for a really cool Venom toy for my birthday as a kid, I don't remember which one, but it was too expensive so my dad bought me this embarrassing Hydro-Man reskin Venom.

He's even clearly wearing repainted jeans.

Aside from the pants thats actually really cool, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Denim Venim

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Vintersorg posted:

Aside from the pants thats actually really cool, lol.

I already had this toy so it was not cool.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dude has a rack so big got the same measurements as a dreidel

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Monaghan posted:

Even as a young Kid I knew that maximum carnage was bad.The fact that i most of the villains are beaten by Deathlok making a "good bomb" out of nowhere that saves the day was just so lame.

The red snes maximum carnage game was awesome, even if the game was hard as hell.

Yeah. And the game's soundtrack was rad.

I do remember having my tiny mind blown that Iron Fist could also do the Iron Fist thing but with a kick, although who knows if that was actually a mistake they made and nobody cared to correct it. I also remember that the big MJ subplot was 'she's stressed so she's smoking!'

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God her smoking was so stupid. Like anybody in the MU ever died from smoking.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Crossover events like Maximum Carnage were kind of strange for me growing up because I never had access to about 2/3 of the titles the event would crossover with, so I would pick up a random issue of Amazing Spiderman and see "to be continued in Web/Spectacular/whatever" and never read the next issue. Also as a young kid I would just pick up random issues whenever I would happen to be at the newstand so I would just have random "part 3 of 12/part 8 of 12 etc". I think my childhood brain just tried to fill in the blanks with whatever my imagination could conjure up.
I am kind of curious just to read Maximum Carnage now and see how close I was in what I was thinking was going on.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rhyno posted:

God her smoking was so stupid. Like anybody in the MU ever died from smoking.

Tell that to Vindicator from Alpha Flight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Question IRL posted:

Tell that to Vindicator from Alpha Flight.

Yeah but she got better.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

He's cooler than Spawn

So is Flatman. Not a high bar.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
would hydroman being venom basically nullify his weakness to fire

would hydroman's powers even work while wearing the symbiote, would he slip out or would the symbiote liquefy or what that action figure is loving me up

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Here's Aqua Carnage to answer some of your questions

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

How many goop based enemies does Spidey have, anyway?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SlimGoodbody posted:

How many goop based enemies does Spidey have, anyway?

Well she was in Homecoming but I consider Gwyneth Paltrow a villain to us all, really.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Lobok posted:

Well she was in Homecoming but I consider Gwyneth Paltrow a villain to us all, really.

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Lurdiak posted:

Ha. That’s just the Water Wars Iceman.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lurdiak posted:

I already had this toy so it was not cool.

LMAO holy poo poo.

Lobok posted:

New thread title. Wow.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

On the MJ smoking thing, she definitely smokes weed right? Like she was a party girl and then lived in California. And she's (not) married to Spider-Man so that's gotta be stressful.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Lobok posted:

:popeye: Mmy goodness

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

On the MJ smoking thing, she definitely smokes weed right? Like she was a party girl and then lived in California. And she's (not) married to Spider-Man so that's gotta be stressful.

Yeah but on the other hand you'd get sick of the Mary Jane jokes.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

reignonyourparade posted:

Yeah but on the other hand you'd get sick of the Mary Jane jokes.

One of my favourite Stan Lee stories (though I've probably got the specifics wrong) was about how he got hippies going "hey man, I get it" to him and he was super confused until someone explained it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah sure, Stan

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

X-O posted:

I was bought a Venom toy for Christmas one year and it poured black slime out of a straw inserted into his chest. It was a lovely toy and contributed to my dislike of symbiotes.

I had that toy too, and like every toy that had some sort of play slime (Ghostbusters, Ninja Turtles), the slime was taken away from me because my mom said it would get stuck in the carpet and stain stuff.

There was also that Punisher figure which was an awkward cap gun. I had to play with those outside, and that's where I learned I could just smash the whole roll of caps with a hammer and it was very satisfying.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

We used rocks for the caps that came with the Robocop figures.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vince MechMahon posted:

In the subplot at least it was definitely nicotine. Marijuana was strictly still the Devil's Weed and would have mandated a Very Special Issue and not just 'The Surgeon General says this gives you cancer, MJ!' or whatever. I think it was supposed to tie in to Peter being happy Ben took over as Spidey down the line but I feel like that's me getting the timeline all wrong. Most likely it was just something random for MJ To do as it was over in Spectacular she actually got real subplots (admittedly, very soap opera-y ones, but comics).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Peter's a square, not sure he would have been able to handle MJ toking up.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

How about the other 90’s MJ subplot of her being offered a movie role, but it includes a nude scene?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Open Marriage Night posted:

We used rocks for the caps that came with the Robocop figures.

We used to pop caps with our thumbnails as kids, looking back now it was a very strange pastime.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Any of you ever take a bunch of those sidewalk snaps, open up a few boxes and put the contents in a kleenex?

It wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
What the hell is a sidewalk snap

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Lobok posted:

Peter's a square, not sure he would have been able to handle MJ toking up.

He would smoke a joint and become so paranoid his Spider-sense would just go absolutely apeshit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fangz posted:

What the hell is a sidewalk snap

They have like 80 names

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bang_snaps

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They banned those in Canada. :lol: Some kids got them snuck across the border though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What?

Canada sucks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big talk from a country that banned Kinder Eggs because you're too stupid not to swallow the capsule inside.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don’t know about Canada, but I was able to buy those things consistently right up through the early 2000s here in Quebec.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We unbanned those eggs ages ago.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

What?

Canada sucks.

We have tomato flavoured chips so we clearly are the better country.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

We have tomato flavoured chips so we clearly are the better country.

I can get those at Kroger now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What about dill pickle or all dressed? HMM??

In movie "news" James Gunn had a Q+A on Insta and had this come out among other many cool things.

GoTG 3 will be the "end" of this story arc and these characters but he's somewhat open to more but only if needed. Takes place after Endgame and Thor 4 I believe. Holiday special is before.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 12, 2021