Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

orange juche posted:

Surely shooting nailguns at people is illegal, even if you're the cops, fucks sake

The reason I wonder if they're "deputies" or "militia" is that, by Israeli law, Israeli citizens are only permitted 50 rounds of ammo for their personal weapons for means of self defense.

My guess is nails aren't restricted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The reason I wonder if they're "deputies" or "militia" is that, by Israeli law, Israeli citizens are only permitted 50 rounds of ammo for their personal weapons for means of self defense.

My guess is nails aren't restricted.

Ah, so the ultraorthodox little green men then.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Sorry for the Reddit link but re Isreal Palestine this professor just nailed it, absolutely nailed it, when some people in the audience were trying to defend Israel’s actions by bringing up the Holocaust. Definitely a must watch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFrea...utm_name=iossmf

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Oh, i guess its time for my IsraAid and Palestinians story. In 2015 i was starting my first paid job in international aid, as a field coordinator for a third tier NGO in Greece.

Name of the NGO isnt important but it was a mainly muslim and Syrian one based out of America.
One of the camps we were working in was a massive yazidi encampment up on Mt Olympos. We ran the clinic, while IsraAid and the UN and others covered the rest of the work there such as food shelter etc.

Now, we were covering camps all over the country so I was curious why I'd never met these IsraAid guys before, but they literally would tell people straight up that they were in the Yazidi camp because they weren't Muslims or refugees from a belligerent neighbouring state of Israel. That's bad enough, but i sorta get it and I would have probably excused it due to the weird indoctrination i have like everyone else about cutting israelis slack about poo poo like that.

The worst part though was how they treated our two Palestinian/American doctors. In coordination meetings their leadership would raise an insane ruckus once our two docs identity was known to them. They'd shout and go on about how they were going to tell the residents not to go to our clinic, and that they were scared of being murdered by... well, im not gonna repeat the words they used about our two Palestinians, but they were terrible. In the end their leadership there and centrally put enough pressure on the UN guys who ran the camp that we were asked to reassign our ladies "out of respect for the Israeli struggle and history". Proud to say we refused, and me and an American-Jewish guy working with Rubicon almost came to blows with them when he tried to reason with them as one of their own and they said the vilest poo poo about palestinians and called him a traitor.

We had a cold front with these guys for the rest of the stay until the camp closed in 2016 even after the Palestinians left, and thats how I learned that maybe israel isnt sending their best. I have no idea how IsraAid is otherwise, or if it was some rogue fascist local leadership who poisoned me on these guys, but I've never worked alongside them again and probably wouldn't anyway after that.

Just telling the story always gets me weird comments and makes people think im antisemitic for criticising Israelis so i rarely do anymore when people ask me about those years. I dunno, thanks for coming to my TED talk about how i learned that previously oppressed people can also turn fascist and insanely racist I guess. I cant stand the poo poo that's allowed to go on in Gaza and i get so angry about the poo poo we allow to happen every day there. Pretty sure Palestine will be gone completely in ten years, and there's nothing I can do except rage on the internet and shoot a few dollars to Palestinian charities when i have extra.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/lisang/status/1392188358638641154?s=21

Beyond the Arab-Israeli from inside vs outside Israeli security zones, there’s the Arab-Israeli conflicts inside Israel proper between citizens.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
It's plausible that they're issuing construction equipment instead of arms to their militias, ersatz troops, conscripts and police forces as a desperate arming technique or sadism. But could this be people who's assignment is to hang notices (perhaps evacuation notices) or build barricades? Am I missing some sort of context?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Sorry for the Reddit link but re Isreal Palestine this professor just nailed it, absolutely nailed it, when some people in the audience were trying to defend Israel’s actions by bringing up the Holocaust. Definitely a must watch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFrea...utm_name=iossmf

I like this guy.

The Holocaust has been used as blanket approval for "revenge" for far to long. I guess the comparison isn't "fair" towards Israel since they aren't actively gassing the Palestinians in camps (or something equally horrifying).

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
"Revenge for the holocaust" on people who had nothing to do with the holocaust, at that.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I had a class last fall that was pop culture in Israel and Palestine, taught by a great professor on exchange from Israel. The class was almost equally divided between covering ashkenazi racism in media against middle eastern Jews, the massive trauma Israel inflicted on itself through their wars of aggression against Lebanon, and the oppression of Palestinians and Arab Israelis.

When we watched a Palestinian movie that was a dark comedy about two Palestinian men who volunteer for a suicide bomb mission that goes wrong the moment it begins, a couple of my American born classmates who had only left the country to go on their birthright trip were outraged and monopolized the class discussion to talk about how racist and anti Semitic and disgusting this film was. Our poor professor was just baffled by the outright hate my classmates were showing towards the characters and creators of this film. One of my classmates continued her rant by essentially saying that no Palestinian that has been wounded or killed at a protest was wrongfully harmed.

orange juche posted:

Surely shooting nailguns at people is illegal, even if you're the cops, fucks sake

This is a nation that gave riot cops .22 rifles as their less lethal munitions for a while. Which, technically, .22 is less lethal than .223 or 9mm, but it’s still very lethal.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Cugel the Clever posted:

I started reading a book on the Algerian War for Independence recently and it's maddening how colonizing powers repeat the same racist mistakes again and again. Indigenous subjects are consistently treated as subhuman, even often by those who support coexistence. The anger toward and violence against the occupier is viewed as an unfounded, infantile temper tantrum rather than an obvious consequence of inequitable treatment in law and broader society. Instead of trying to build a united society that welcomes the indigenous population into an new, united "nation", they create a powder keg of resentment.

When things inevitably blow up, they do everything they can to slam the lid back on things and extend the unsustainable status quo another few years. Eventually circumstances produce an uprising turned all-out war, which can only have three options: withdrawal of the colonizers, a political agreement with a rebalanced social contract, or all-out genocide against the colonized. Given the Israeli right's decades of insistence that Israel is the only safe place in the world for Jews (and, increasingly, that Jews outside Israel aren't real Jews), it seems all too likely we're hurtling toward the third option sooner or later.

Write your congresspeople. More Democratic representatives are speaking out than ever (though still hardly any) and they all need to hear from their constituents that it's time for America's indulgence of apartheid to end.

If you're interested in more reading on the war for Algerian independence, I HIGHLY recommend the following: A Savage War of Peace, or another book called Wolves in The City: The Death of French Algeria. Both are excellent.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Nuclear War posted:

Just telling the story always gets me weird comments and makes people think im antisemitic for criticising Israelis so i rarely do anymore when people ask me about those years. I dunno, thanks for coming to my TED talk about how i learned that previously oppressed people can also turn fascist and insanely racist I guess. I cant stand the poo poo that's allowed to go on in Gaza and i get so angry about the poo poo we allow to happen every day there. Pretty sure Palestine will be gone completely in ten years, and there's nothing I can do except rage on the internet and shoot a few dollars to Palestinian charities when i have extra.

This is a good story. This Jewish American will vouch for you that criticizing Israel isn't anti-semetic. Truth be told the worst microaggressions I get are from the staunch pro-Israel chuds. And lol the reactions I get if I tell them that my Jewish faith is why I support Palestinian liberation.

I once met an Israeli Air Force officer in a professional capacity. At the bar later he said some poo poo about Palestinians that was so vilely racist it would make a klansman blush. As a Jewish American I felt compelled to call him out on it. And he told me to shut the gently caress up because he survived two bus bombings as a child during the second intafada. I wish at that age I'd had the guts to tell him that if he'd grown up on the other side of the wall he'd be in Hamas. But how the gently caress do you deradicalize someone like that?

A friend used to be a biblical archeologist and lived in Israel for years. While there he worked with a non profit that sponsored a summer archeology camp for Israeli and Palestinian children to promote pease through celebrating their shared cultural heritage. He said the first day of camp was the most heartbreaking. The Israeli children had never met a Palestinian and vice versa. So the two groups of kids would huddle apart, terrified the other group just wanted to murder them.

He also observed that as an American he had more freedom than Israelis or Palestinians because his passport let him freely cross Israeli security checkpoints between Israel and Palestine and the security checkpoints within occupied Palestine. Apparently it used to be a thing for liberal Israelis to go to Ramallah (which has its own colonial and poverty tourism implications) but the Israeli government tightened up on that because personal and economic interaction might actually encourage detante and the far right can't have that. But when the only Israeli interactions are from their mandatory IDF service bailing out settler militias that deliberately provoke incidents, and the only Palestinian interactions are militias and airstrikes, how do you loving start a peace process. I don't know the answer but I know it's Israel's responsibility to figure it out because they're the ones with all the power. And international pressure must reflect that.

When I was in Israel I visited Rabin square, where he was assassinated by far right terrorists for the crime of signing a peace treaty. One of the women I was traveling with spend the whole trip looking forward to praying at the Temple mount in her tefillin. When we arrived at the temple mount we learned that to appease the orthodox community it is illegal for women to pray in tefillin at the wall and one of the men in the group had to wear it for her. I also got to see the Israeli national cemetery in Jerusalem which includes the graves of some of the founders of modern Zionism. I learned there the heavy security is not to protect the memorials from Palestinian agitators, but from far right Israelis who think Zionism and Israel as a disgrace for selling out short of fully restoring the biblical kingdom.

Growing up I was always told that no matter how bad anti-semetisim gets I will always have a safe refuge in Israel. In the darker moments of the rise of white supremacy under trump, after the temple shootings, the bomb threats made against my temple, openly concealed carrying chuds handing out militia flyers at Walmart, yeah I've had the thought of "if America isn't safe where the gently caress do I go?" One country prominently not on the list is Israel. How the gently caress could I live with myself actively persecuting others as a refugee from hatred? While plenty of Jewish people call Israel home, the abomination that is Israeli apartheid means it cannot be a home to the Jewish people. But if I can't flee hatred to Israel then Israel has failed and Zionism has failed.

Okay I've been up since 2 am so thanks for reading my ramblings of despair. I'll summarize the important bit.
Tl;dr: free Palestine

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Nuclear War posted:

As a Jewish American, who lost everyone on my maternal grandparent's side of the family, who hadn't already move to America or Britain, to the Holocaust, you're absolutely fine and you're not antisemitic at all.

It's an absolute travesty that Israel turned into a fascist apartheid state.

This is not to say that there are no good Israelis. There are lots of Israelis who oppose the expansion of settlements, oppose the brutal treatment of Arab Israelis and Palestinians. There are good people in Israel. They're just not in control of the government, unfortunately.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Soylent Pudding posted:

This is a good story. This Jewish American will vouch for you that criticizing Israel isn't anti-semetic. Truth be told the worst microaggressions I get are from the staunch pro-Israel chuds. And lol the reactions I get if I tell them that my Jewish faith is why I support Palestinian liberation.

I once met an Israeli Air Force officer in a professional capacity. At the bar later he said some poo poo about Palestinians that was so vilely racist it would make a klansman blush. As a Jewish American I felt compelled to call him out on it. And he told me to shut the gently caress up because he survived two bus bombings as a child during the second intafada. I wish at that age I'd had the guts to tell him that if he'd grown up on the other side of the wall he'd be in Hamas. But how the gently caress do you deradicalize someone like that?

A friend used to be a biblical archeologist and lived in Israel for years. While there he worked with a non profit that sponsored a summer archeology camp for Israeli and Palestinian children to promote pease through celebrating their shared cultural heritage. He said the first day of camp was the most heartbreaking. The Israeli children had never met a Palestinian and vice versa. So the two groups of kids would huddle apart, terrified the other group just wanted to murder them.

He also observed that as an American he had more freedom than Israelis or Palestinians because his passport let him freely cross Israeli security checkpoints between Israel and Palestine and the security checkpoints within occupied Palestine. Apparently it used to be a thing for liberal Israelis to go to Ramallah (which has its own colonial and poverty tourism implications) but the Israeli government tightened up on that because personal and economic interaction might actually encourage detante and the far right can't have that. But when the only Israeli interactions are from their mandatory IDF service bailing out settler militias that deliberately provoke incidents, and the only Palestinian interactions are militias and airstrikes, how do you loving start a peace process. I don't know the answer but I know it's Israel's responsibility to figure it out because they're the ones with all the power. And international pressure must reflect that.

When I was in Israel I visited Rabin square, where he was assassinated by far right terrorists for the crime of signing a peace treaty. One of the women I was traveling with spend the whole trip looking forward to praying at the Temple mount in her tefillin. When we arrived at the temple mount we learned that to appease the orthodox community it is illegal for women to pray in tefillin at the wall and one of the men in the group had to wear it for her. I also got to see the Israeli national cemetery in Jerusalem which includes the graves of some of the founders of modern Zionism. I learned there the heavy security is not to protect the memorials from Palestinian agitators, but from far right Israelis who think Zionism and Israel as a disgrace for selling out short of fully restoring the biblical kingdom.

Growing up I was always told that no matter how bad anti-semetisim gets I will always have a safe refuge in Israel. In the darker moments of the rise of white supremacy under trump, after the temple shootings, the bomb threats made against my temple, openly concealed carrying chuds handing out militia flyers at Walmart, yeah I've had the thought of "if America isn't safe where the gently caress do I go?" One country prominently not on the list is Israel. How the gently caress could I live with myself actively persecuting others as a refugee from hatred? While plenty of Jewish people call Israel home, the abomination that is Israeli apartheid means it cannot be a home to the Jewish people. But if I can't flee hatred to Israel then Israel has failed and Zionism has failed.

Okay I've been up since 2 am so thanks for reading my ramblings of despair. I'll summarize the important bit.
Tl;dr: free Palestine

It was a good read man. I'm just scared we will go down the same path in the united states with anyone who doesnt pass a paper bag test.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/aterkel/status/1392470183114067975

poo poo like this ramps up my anxiety. I have an expectation that with the way voting rights are being cut away, we're going to end up with some fascist dominionist shitlord and that'll be it for the US.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pine Cone Jones posted:

poo poo like this ramps up my anxiety. I have an expectation that with the way voting rights are being cut away, we're going to end up with some fascist dominionist shitlord and that'll be it for the US.

It’s a double edged sword for me because it’s obvious that the GOP is dying, which rules.

The question is will whatever takes their place become/remain a national force?*

*yes through voter suppression, gerrymandering, and a bunch of other poo poo that any reasonable person would think should be illegal (if laws mattered)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Also gently caress Liz Cheney. She’s dealing with the Frankenstein that she created and she deserves it.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

boop the snoot posted:

Also gently caress Liz Cheney. She’s dealing with the Frankenstein that she created and she deserves it.

gently caress anyone still involved with the republican party

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pine Cone Jones posted:

It's not really the voting rights that will be the problem, it will be the Republican-controlled election/legislature stuff.

Right now, Republicans are rolling back the mail-in voting stuff and a lot of the things implemented to mitigate the pandemic. Since the pandemic probably won't be around in 2022, and Democrats will be educating the absolute gently caress out of everyone (and who implemented the bullshit new rules), it's Republicans fighting the last war instead of the future one.

The big problem is that Republicans and State Legislatures are busy chucking any elections official that isn't yelling RIGGED up and down. There's going to be a lot more of the "dueling elector" garbage and losers not willing to admit they lost. There are still a few more elections before it hits that point, but it's not so much the voting rights that I'm worried about - it's a legislature simply deciding "nah" and that somehow sticking.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm sure we'll still have covid going around by the next election. There are whole communities of conservatives that will refuse to vaccinate, even if their neighborhoods turn into little India. All the christian cults are calling it some sort of sign of the apocalypse, and it's beyond the small communal cults anyhow. Plenty of preachers in community churches of a wide variety of protestants are calling this poo poo the end times, the vaccines are tools of the devil (my catholic mother is spouting this poo poo), just the dumbest poo poo under the sun.

Covid will be with us for a long time to come.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Thanks man. i struggled alot with that, actually, cause working in the ME and with refugees from there you will run into a lot of rabid anti jewish talk, casually, and you're in the weird situation of not really being able to come down on someone you're treating and who's so vulnerable, but also it's not even slightly acceptable. So then you go "i kinda get the israelis in a weird sense" but then they blow up schools, and oppress millions and gently caress up their neighbours and..

So yeah. I try to be neutral in these situations, but in the end i knew a lot of my short term volunteers and colleagues and even me had a lot of prejudices against muslims/arabs reinforced if we weren't careful to remember the big picture.

I guess i need to talk to someone about all those years, at some point and not just vent on SA. I'm probably going back out there soon, negotiatinga contract as we speak, , and Im already mentally preparing myself to sanitize my stories to friends and family back home.
Sorry for rambling guys , but honestly sometimes GiP and carefully curated fellow vets is the only place to talk about poo poo like this.

Tl;dr
The middle east is a land of lovely contrasts and it makes me despair

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Pine Cone Jones posted:

gently caress anyone still involved with the republican party

Its this. Liz Cheney thinks she's going to make the GOP, the party of The Southern Strategy and Fox News consumers, face the music. She and the GOP deserve what they are getting.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CommieGIR posted:

Its this. Liz Cheney thinks she's going to make the GOP, the party of The Southern Strategy and Fox News consumers, face the music. She and the GOP deserve what they are getting.

Here's what gets me - they lost the House/Senate/Presidency, but state/local races are still a different story. American history has a ton of examples of political parties zooming way off in one direction, then losing support and changing. My big question - what if the Republicans just keep zooming off right and they never lose support? I mean, hundreds of thousands plausibly died in the pandemic due to Republicans' beliefs in bullshit, and the newly-created propaganda mill keeps churning, so what changes that dynamic?

It's not like Donnie was a huge shift from normal Republican thought. He just yelled what other Republicans would whisper and would give nothing but sugar when other Republicans suggested that you should probably eat actual food.

Like, what exactly can you do against complete anti-small-d-democratic poo poo like this?

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1392498237987246081

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I’ve posted about this before here and there, but from late 2009-2010, my then-girlfriend (now wife) and I waited out the Great Recession by living in Egypt and teaching English. Our time there also coincided with the Gaza Flotilla Raid. Despite our best efforts to keep politics out of the classroom (to protect our students and the institution as we knew the Mukhbaharat had informants in classes who were monitoring for criticism of the government or Islamist sentiment), people were upset and angry over that incident in particular and wanted to discuss it. In addition to some well-founded criticism about Israel’s conduct, the majority of the poo poo I heard frankly made me understand Israel’s siege mentality. Namely people throwing out straight up anti-Semitic stuff about how Jews control the media and the banks, that Israelis were told to stay away from the WTC on 9/11, and also that Jews had the secret ability to fly. This came from students who were otherwise bright, friendly and in many cases were already professionals (doctors, lawyers, etc) in established careers. Hearing goofy poo poo like that definitely casts the historical problem with anti-Semitism into sharp relief.

But at the same time, Israel’s national history being rooted in existential trauma and conflict at its inception to 30 years later has had a toxic and corrosive effect on its modern psyche. It’s turned vigilance into paranoia and defensiveness into aggression now that those existential threats are gone. Egypt, Jordan or Syria are never again going to war with Israel, Hamas or PIJ will never march on Tel Aviv, and even Hezbollah- arguably the most capable group in the region- cannot threaten the existence of Israel itself. Politicians like Netanyahu have formed a Faustian bargain with the more toxic elements of the ultranationalist Israeli right in order to stay in power, and the extreme has become the mainstream now and there’s no walking it back.

Israel has become an apartheid state and there’s no disputing it. Even if some of its politicians make paeans about peace with Palestinians, they’ve effectively ruined any chance of them ever having a territorially contiguous state of their own, and there’s no way that Israel will guarantee them political sovereignty or binational status because demographics would threaten Jewish political power.

Israel is just one huge tragic tale of about victims becoming oppressors, to the detriment of the values of Judaism itself.

I used to love the Middle East and considered myself something of an Arabist but after watching the entrenchment of authoritarianism following the failed Arab uprisings of 2011 and Israel’s descent into madness I can’t even read the news without feeling bitter and depressed about that whole cursed region.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

Here's what gets me - they lost the House/Senate/Presidency, but state/local races are still a different story. American history has a ton of examples of political parties zooming way off in one direction, then losing support and changing. My big question - what if the Republicans just keep zooming off right and they never lose support? I mean, hundreds of thousands plausibly died in the pandemic due to Republicans' beliefs in bullshit, and the newly-created propaganda mill keeps churning, so what changes that dynamic?

It's not like Donnie was a huge shift from normal Republican thought. He just yelled what other Republicans would whisper and would give nothing but sugar when other Republicans suggested that you should probably eat actual food.

Like, what exactly can you do against complete anti-small-d-democratic poo poo like this?

He's running for Secretary of State in Georgia, a state that went blue and is actively undermining voting rights to change that.

Long story short: the GOP has to cheat and oppress to win.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CommieGIR posted:

He's running for Secretary of State in Georgia, a state that went blue and is actively undermining voting rights to change that.

Long story short: the GOP has to cheat and oppress to win.

And the Dems have to let them keep doing it.

Well trod ground in this thread but as I've said before if we don't ram through a federal voting rights act before midterms it's over.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

That Works posted:

And the Dems have to let them keep doing it.

Well trod ground in this thread but as I've said before if we don't ram through a federal voting rights act before midterms it's over.

True, and agree.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
In happier news, there's a job posting!

https://twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/status/1392504339814572040

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

"No we won't pay to actually implement the needed security changes and programs, however. Just fix it"

https://twitter.com/OmarMouallem/status/1392084879702040578?s=20

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 12, 2021

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Every single cheney is dogshit. Reminder that Liz got into an online fight with her sister Mary over marriage equality. Mary is a republican consultant who worked on the keystone pipeline lol.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

This is a pro click.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
IMPORTANT NEWS:

https://twitter.com/adultswim/status/1392509971003330564

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Maybe we'll get something good out of this hellscape called reality, after all.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Loose plot synopses provided by the creators of each show:

Metalocalypse

The power-hungry TRIBUNAL unveils their secret and deadly “Falconback Project” as the world grows in embattled chaos and the menacing Doomstar breaches the Earth’s atmosphere while the mysterious and twisted dissent of a band member threatens the future of Dethklok. Picking up directly after the heroic rescue of Toki Wartooth: Can Dethklok choose between their egos and the greater good of the world to embark on a gauntlet of dangers that will try their very souls and finally write the song that will be their salvation? The new movie is created by Brendon Small and Tommy Blancha. The movie soundtrack will be released on WaterTower Music.

The Venture Bros.

Doc’s latest invention will either bankrupt the Ventures or launch them to new heights, as Hank searches for himself, Dean searches for Hank, The Monarch searches for answers, and a mysterious woman from their pasts threatens to bring their entire world crashing down on them. The Venture Bros. is created, written and executive produced by Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

A continuation of the hit animated series, fans will find out what happens next with Frylock, Meatwad and Master Shake, who consider themselves crime fighters, but the truth is they never fight crime. Aqua Teen Hunger Force is created by Matt Maiellaro and Dave Willis and follows the strange everyday lives of three human-sized food products living in New Jersey.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Moral Orel S4 when

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
As long as new Aqua Teen is coming, I'm happy. Very disappointed that Unknown Hinson turned out to be a shitbag and Squidbillies is dead because of him.

I'd like more Moral Orel too, but I think Starburns has moved on. Wouldn't mind seeing Orel after maturing and realizing the whole world is a lie, not just christianity.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I can't believe we'll finally get a capstone to Metalocalypse. About drat time!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

As long as new Aqua Teen is coming, I'm happy. Very disappointed that Unknown Hinson turned out to be a shitbag and Squidbillies is dead because of him.

I'd like more Moral Orel too, but I think Starburns has moved on. Wouldn't mind seeing Orel after maturing and realizing the whole world is a lie, not just christianity.

Didn't Moral Orel end with a flash forward of him and his family and how he was just a normal, good person? That finale made me tear up. I'm not the only one here, pretty sure of that.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

facialimpediment posted:

well, it requires an actual opposition party to start with

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Soylent Pudding posted:

This is a pro click.

They just kicked him out of his home for the interview

https://twitter.com/JalalAK_jojo/status/1392534796191031301?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Commoners posted:

That is some of the worst wording I've seen in a while.

The Israeli statement about intending to provoke terror among Palestinians is not a result of poor phrasing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5utTDGS3B_Q