Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Someone made a rebuttal to the Noralities cancel culture video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BEps63BFps&t=1070s

Oh I have found several videos complaining about Noralities at this point. When I said that she got a lot of anime people on Youtube mad, this is what I was talking about, not the comments on her isekai video about Re:Zero. I didn't link any videos because I assumed nobody in this thread would give a poo poo about what these people had to say, which they shouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

given the amount of negative videos made about her, you'd think she would have more than 50k subs, which goes to show how tough it is to be a critical female youtuber about anime when people prey this much on the small fish. there's nothing in her videos that is anything other than her stating her opinion as an opinion and just her own personal feelings

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

The 7th Guest posted:

given the amount of negative videos made about her, you'd think she would have more than 50k subs, which goes to show how tough it is to be a critical female youtuber about anime when people prey this much on the small fish. there's nothing in her videos that is anything other than her stating her opinion as an opinion and just her own personal feelings

The only video response I bothered to listen to came from a woman who very obviously never rocks the boat, arguing that she's never felt unwelcome, with the implication that Noralities brought the feeling of being unwelcome upon herself. More than one commenter brought up the need to gatekeep the anime community, which :ironicat:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Someone made a rebuttal to the Noralities cancel culture video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BEps63BFps&t=1070s

Making a bad video response to a bad video is not the way to go.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

what if i make a bad video in response to a bad video that is a response to a bad video

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Andrast posted:

what if i make a bad video in response to a bad video that is a response to a bad video

Make it twice as long and you can call yourself the objective anime reviewer.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Andrast posted:

Stretch it out to about 12 hours because you pause the bad video response to a bad video response to a bad response every 3 seconds to go into a lengthy hysterical screaming fit.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Fabricated posted:

Isn't there a Vtuber lady who was a very experienced movie VFX/Mocap engineer and started doing the vtuber thing because COVID basically turned the lights out on the movie industry for months?

I don't know for sure, but that sounds like CodeMiko

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Nuebot posted:

Make it twice as long and you can call yourself the objective anime reviewer.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

Stretch it out to about 12 hours because you pause the bad video response to a bad video response to a bad response every 3 seconds to go into a lengthy hysterical screaming fit.

Also make sure you start the video off by saying “The Last Jedi is the greatest film ever made” in order to goad MauLer into making a 48 hour long objective rebuttal to your rebuttal of that guy’s rebuttal of that girl’s original hot take. It’ll be like an rear end in a top hat roach motel.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Why does that guy call himself MauLer anyway? Was the name "LoSer" taken?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Why does that guy call himself MauLer anyway? Was the name "LoSer" taken?

I mean have you seen what’s left of an animal that’s been literally mauled to death? Every idea MauLer attempts to articulate over the course of his interminably slow thought digestion process winds up in much the same state :v:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

People will really say "media doesn't affect reality" as if Antonin Scalia didn't openly base his jurisprudence on 24 and other television series.

(This will always be my go-to example because it's so wild)

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
Battle Without Honor or Humanity
Bouphe, who mostly makes retro game streams with the Yogscast, has started making video essays about movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcyA5oXvl9k

Her latest one is about video nasties, a British moral panic over unrated home videos in the 80's.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

JordanKai posted:

People will really say "media doesn't affect reality" as if Antonin Scalia didn't openly base his jurisprudence on 24 and other television series.

Scalia having a reputation as some intellectual heavyweight has always been obnoxious because he was a moronic brute obsessed with his bigotries. His dissents from any civil rights decisions are dripping with mindless hatred.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Arcsquad12 posted:

An anime youtuber whose work was posted in the thread last week with a video regarding her exhaustion with Isekai anime. Understandable at some points, stretching it at others, but her underlying struggle definitely seemed to be less about isekai and more about how difficult it is to find shows specifically for women and how it kinda sucks that a lot of general appeal shows are still heavily weighed towards male audiences. And that she couldn't stand Re:Zero for how awful Subaru is.

An understandable feeling of alienation within an art form she loves, and I can sympathize.

Naturally anime fans were apoplectic and I've seen more than one video already accusing her of saying the anime industry is sexist and how dare she not get that you're supposed to hate Subaru in Re:Zero that's what makes it great you're a fake anituber shame shame shame.
I don't know who this person is but they're aces with me for thinking re:zero sucks and no amount of abuse it heaps on it's sadsack protagonist makes up for it

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

JordanKai posted:

Most of the people who stormed the US capital believe MSG2 to be real life.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

JordanKai posted:

Wait really? Holy poo poo that's hilarious (and terrifying, may Scalia burn in hell where he belongs).

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Didn’t he also deliberately give minority students worse grades, or was that just an urban legend?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

JordanKai posted:

also people who say that underestimate the power and effectiveness of propaganda, especially copaganda

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Archer666 posted:

Making a bad video response to a bad video is not the way to go.

Noralities video was good though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Wait really? Holy poo poo that's hilarious (and terrifying, may Scalia burn in hell where he belongs).

Scalia was at a law conference and during a panel discussion about torture he said this:

quote:

Jack Bauer saved Los Angeles...He saved hundreds of thousands of lives. Are you going to convict Jack Bauer? Say that criminal law is against him? 'You have the right to a jury trial?' Is any jury going to convict Jack Bauer? I don't think so.

Scalia thought torture couldn't be used as a punishment but that it could be used for interrogation purposes. Even ignoring the moral wrongness of it and the insane citation of a fictional TV show torture empirically does not work.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

dexter kept saying, "deedee get out of my laboratory", but deedee did not get out of the laboratory, and that's why i am against open borders,

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Defunctland on Seaworld:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJfgHa49GX0

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Re:Zero owns

Psychos jumping on that person for liking it however, do not

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Scalia was at a law conference and during a panel discussion about torture he said this:

Scalia thought torture couldn't be used as a punishment but that it could be used for interrogation purposes. Even ignoring the moral wrongness of it and the insane citation of a fictional TV show torture empirically does not work.

jfc I would pay money to piss on his grave

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
Hazel out here talking about the best season of Neon Genesis Evangelion, Digimon Tamers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpNhfck9F28

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

like this could have been a cool ride. just a go cart in a tunnel for marine animals and poo poo even if said animals were fake. the idea is cool since the legoland did it. i think the issue is the execution is bad and they chased the "well kids like screens right" type poo poo. they should have blown the money on the orca expansion.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 12, 2021

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

You'd think they'd build an actual underwater ride in an aquatic theme-park, but that idea just escaped the engineers.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

You'd think they'd build an actual underwater ride in an aquatic theme-park, but that idea just escaped the engineers.

I like the idea that they ran out of money after finishing the carts. But even early concept didn't have it go under water.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sounds like a good idea for an Action Park sequel!

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Hazel has a new video out. This one is on Digimon Tamers.
Hazel-"The Lasting Appeal of Digimon Tamers"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpNhfck9F28

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

god bless chiaki j. konaka

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Putting something underwater I have to imagine places a lot of fun new challenges regarding engineering, maintenance, and customer safety. Not a thing risk-averse companies want to mess with if they can help it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i watched this last night and the biggest problem for me is that it is a monorail that covers a tiny stretch of park and has a 130 minute wait time. they should have gone full people mover and had it be just a regular monorail with a bunch of cars going around the full park, gone simpler on the screen to save money (or maybe even just have a non-interactive screen on it). and still have a couple of little enclosed areas for fun, but then it's not like "this is meant to be the highlight of the experience" and instead "this is a people mover with a couple of neat moments"

like that enclosed space had such poor scale for a set piece. they should have had way larger screens for windows, because they're too far from the track. and the room needed more decoration, and there needed to be a little more to the area in general, at least two more rooms surrounding it

biggest thing about a themed sit down park ride is managing to build a world that a person is just happening to briefly inhabit.... but this has no world to it outside of the ride queue video and voices piped into the car

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Feliday Melody posted:

I like the idea that they ran out of money after finishing the carts. But even early concept didn't have it go under water.

thats what it sounds like. they chased making thier doom buggy some super high tech thing with a screen and interactivity types poo poo instead of building some cool ride with aquariums and or anamtronics or anything. honestly. poo poo like this is why i like defunctland and weird theme park/disney type channels because you can see smart corporate decisions and bad corporate decisions and where the thought processes are.

The 7th Guest posted:

i watched this last night and the biggest problem for me is that it is a monorail that covers a tiny stretch of park and has a 130 minute wait time. they should have gone full people mover and had it be just a regular monorail with a bunch of cars going around the full park, gone simpler on the screen to save money (or maybe even just have a non-interactive screen on it). and still have a couple of little enclosed areas for fun, but then it's not like "this is meant to be the highlight of the experience" and instead "this is a people mover with a couple of neat moments"

like that enclosed space had such poor scale for a set piece. they should have had way larger screens for windows, because they're too far from the track. and the room needed more decoration, and there needed to be a little more to the area in general, at least two more rooms surrounding it

biggest thing about a themed sit down park ride is managing to build a world that a person is just happening to briefly inhabit.... but this has no world to it outside of the ride queue video and voices piped into the car

yeah, personally i think disney does it the best simply because they have the cash to put the details into the rides and ques and etc and they have the money to hire people to come up with that. like sure they gently caress up a bunch in parks too like with journey into your imagination but that's mostly because of budget and such.

anyway, with the SeaWorld ride, it strikes me as a classic problem of they couldn't see the forest through the trees. they thought tech and screens could let them cut corners. its clear all the money went into building a lovely app and doom buggy and CGI. its sad.

https://youtu.be/3zrEkz0w4yk?t=2634

have an earworm.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 13, 2021

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Comeon get to Seaworld Ohio/Six Flags Ohio already!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Comeon get to Seaworld Ohio/Six Flags Ohio already!

i remember seaworld ohio. we went like a week before some boat went onto the shore and killed like 5 people.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I like the channel Acolytes of Horror a lot. The videos are very thoughtful in a way that doesn't feel pretentious to me. Their newest video is about the movie Saint Maud and it touches upon class, religion and existensial anxiety.
Acolytes of Horror - "Saint Maud: God As A Self-Portrait"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbcS9jYTtBE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Here's a cool video on The Oregon Trail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EHdZUrMi4w