Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Cajun boiled peanuts are the best peanut.

Edit: peanut sniper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
yeah, your mom gave me a Cajun boiled peanut alright

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I got the Kirkland Greek yogurt, probiotic granola, and frozen spinach frittatas for breakfast on this work trip and they're all pretty dang good. Definitely beats burger king breakfast every morning.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

bob dobbs is dead posted:

your average swordfish fillet has like 2-5 parasite bits in it

one of my first jobs was working at a seafood restaurant and watching the head chef clean fresh swordfish was very illuminating. He took about the same amount of time to portion the main swordfish steaks out as he did cleaning and pulling / slicing out parasites. super gross!

that said, marlin is delightful and salmon with some good butter is a great treat.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

StormDrain posted:

Amazing what an extra $15 a year buys you.

Its also what treating your employees well buys you

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

The Sam's by my house is pretty decent, but it seems to be the exception to the rule.

I grabbed some Grillo's pickle chips last time I was at church though and those things are absolutely amazing. Worth the trip just to stock up on those. The wildbrine kraut is pretty good too.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

the best dawgin is raw dawgin

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I actually cook most my fish anyway. Im a very big on ceviche! Yums

I bought the 3 stuffed salmon fillets costco sells once it was pretty good! Just throw em in the oven for 15 minutes or so (cant remember)

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Dear Sam's Club apologists:

Stop giving the parasite Walton family money.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

It’s why most fisheries freeze their Sam’s Club before it hits shelves.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Costco: Gold standard

BJ’s: Ok in a pinch or if you don’t live near a Costco

Sam’s Club: NOT EVEN ONCE

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

What is a BJ's?

If I have to ask I can't afford it. But really I don't know.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

NewFatMike posted:

But really I don't know.

It's just another store like Costco/Sam's Club.

I've never been to Sam's club but BJ's is fine. They have a better selection of name brand items and you have more options for specific goods, but overall there's less variety, if that makes any sense?

When I walk to isles of Costco, I end up filling my cart with way too many impulse purchases of poo poo I've never seen before but looks good. BJ's just doesn't do that to me. But can buy things like ring dings, and have different choices between brands of peanut butter, three different choices of flavor for babybel cheeses, and there's a Deli section which is cool. You want diapers? Pampers, Huggies, and Luvs, in every size, and multiple brands of wipes. But you're not going to walk down the freezer isle like a kid in a candy store buying random poo poo that looks good, you have what you would expect to find in a grocery store in bigger quantities.

Bakery sucks rear end too.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

LionYeti posted:

Its also what treating your employees well buys you

Absolutely. In my mind I'm buying access to the store that treats the employees better.

Sam's would have to give away the store to get me in there. gently caress them.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Renegret posted:

It's just another store like Costco/Sam's Club.

I've never been to Sam's club but BJ's is fine. They have a better selection of name brand items and you have more options for specific goods, but overall there's less variety, if that makes any sense?

When I walk to isles of Costco, I end up filling my cart with way too many impulse purchases of poo poo I've never seen before but looks good. BJ's just doesn't do that to me. But can buy things like ring dings, and have different choices between brands of peanut butter, three different choices of flavor for babybel cheeses, and there's a Deli section which is cool. You want diapers? Pampers, Huggies, and Luvs, in every size, and multiple brands of wipes. But you're not going to walk down the freezer isle like a kid in a candy store buying random poo poo that looks good, you have what you would expect to find in a grocery store in bigger quantities.

Bakery sucks rear end too.

Sounds loving terrible. Costco chooses what I will like and I comply happily.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

StormDrain posted:

Absolutely. In my mind I'm buying access to the store that treats the employees better.

I buy the majority of my food and anything else from Costco now just because of the way they treat their employees. I'll pay the extra money. I thank God I can I won't be able to forever but I can for now so by God I'll go to Costco first

:hai:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Spinz posted:

I buy the majority of my food and anything else from Costco now just because of the way they treat their employees. I'll pay the extra money. I thank God I can I won't be able to forever but I can for now so by God I'll go to Costco first

:hai:

This and also how seriously my local Costco and Trader Joe's took (and continue to take) the pandemic.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Its my birthday tomorrow, I hope I can go to BJ's. If not, ill settle for Costco.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
With vaccination and the end of pandemic isolation comes not having a beard anymore and actually shaving regularly. Something I hate.

I figured I'd try a ncie electric razor and apparently Braun makes the best ones, the "Series 7" and the "Series 9" with the 9 being the cadillac of electric razors and costing at least 100 bux more than the 7.

Was mulling which one to get and figured hey wait, I wonder if costco sells these?

Costco does sell them, the Series 9 on their website, the best one, for at least 70 dollars less than amazon or anywhere else.

Thanks, costco!

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

skipdogg posted:

I grabbed some Grillo's pickle chips last time I was at church though and those things are absolutely amazing. Worth the trip just to stock up on those. The wildbrine kraut is pretty good too.

Both of these have shockingly short shelf lives for pickles/kraut.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

NewFatMike posted:

What is a BJ's?

It's an east coast thing. They also don't ship to California with a passion (because everything causes cancer).

StormDrain posted:

They quite often do that. Sam's runs a lot more membership promos; not everyday but I've seen at least once or twice a year for the last uh... 2 or 3 years... like pay $45 for membership + get $45 gift card + free pizza, hot dogs, etc.
And if it's not that it's going to be close to that, like $25 gift card or $30.

Actually they're running that deal above now, sans the free food I think (or maybe all new members get free food coupons, dunno).

Sidenote: Despite me being a cheap bastard and loving free stuff, I have never worked up the will to sign up for Sam's Club. Almost did, once, when it was basically free and had free food, but still :effort: when I have Costco which just always works (except for this whole condiment debacle. 7-Eleven across the street has relish AND chopped onion packets. Just saying Costco; you're getting clowned by 7-Eleven). Sometimes Sam's Club has some good deals for ship to home stuff but that's few and far between. I just happen to know about their membership promos because I see them during my workday often enough.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 11:05 on May 12, 2021

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BeAuMaN posted:

It's an east coast thing. They also don't ship to California with a passion (because everything causes cancer).

They quite often do that. Sam's runs a lot more membership promos; not everyday but I've seen at least once or twice a year for the last uh... 2 or 3 years... like pay $45 for membership + get $45 gift card + free pizza, hot dogs, etc.
And if it's not that it's going to be close to that, like $25 gift card or $30.

Actually they're running that deal above now, sans the free food I think (or maybe all new members get free food coupons, dunno).

They'd have to mark everything in the store half off for me to shop there. Free pizza and membership ain't nearly enough.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

moller posted:

Both of these have shockingly short shelf lives for pickles/kraut.

I bought Grillo's Pickles once and I liked them but after like the first week or two the container started filling with gas such that every time I opened it I was waiting for it to blow up all over the place. Kinda weird.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

The Miss Vickie's jalapeno kettle chips are on sale this week, time to stock up :yum: .

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

The local one doesn't have any of the really good big tonkatsu microwave ramen bowls its now kimchee flavored :sigh:

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

NewFatMike posted:

What is a BJ's?

costco with fewer people

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

NewFatMike posted:

What is a BJ's?

I had to go to BJ's a few years ago when Costco stopped selling the SmartWater my now ex-wife 'needed'.

As others have said, it's not as nice as Costco. It was more like a big supermarket to me. Since then, I haven't been back.

Is Costco selling pizza by the slice now?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The Hambulance posted:

They've been doing this since like June last year, at least in my area. No combo slices though.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
uhhh...they’ve been selling it by the slice in New England for years and years

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

Pillbug

Ok Comboomer posted:

uhhh...they’ve been selling it by the slice in New England for years and years

Eh, for some reason I thought they stopped during the pandemic. I'm probably just full of poo poo, as usual :v:

Thanks!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The Hambulance posted:

They have been doing by slice near me for over a decade. That how I survived college.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The Hambulance posted:

Eh, for some reason I thought they stopped during the pandemic. I'm probably just full of poo poo, as usual :v:

Thanks!

They stopped in my area, was hot dog only for a couple months.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

They stopped in my area, was hot dog only for a couple months.

I'm sorry to hear things have been so rough for you.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

The Hambulance posted:

I'm probably just full of poo poo, as usual :v:

Thanks!

Have a couple slices of Pepperoni pizza, all that grease will help it just drip right out of ya.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

Pillbug

Shwqa posted:

I'm sorry to hear things have been so rough for you.

I went to church today just to get a chicken pot pie, only to be informed they are a seasonal item now and I should check back in September.

The world is upside-down :cry:

I did get a hot dog and drink (with free refill), as well as two slices of pizza and a chicken bake on my way out. Not all for me, I was sharing with coworkers.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Am I remembering correctly that occasionally Costco has good sales on chest freezers? I'm looking to get one to compliment our tiny-as-gently caress one in the fridge, mostly because I'd like to have more frozen meats/veggies/single meals on hand. Also debating stopping by tonight even though I don't really need anything.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Am I remembering correctly that occasionally Costco has good sales on chest freezers? I'm looking to get one to compliment our tiny-as-gently caress one in the fridge, mostly because I'd like to have more frozen meats/veggies/single meals on hand. Also debating stopping by tonight even though I don't really need anything.

You may still have to watch online like a hawk, order, and still wait a month for delivery b/c "New Normal"

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

toplitzin posted:

You may still have to watch online like a hawk, order, and still wait a month for delivery b/c "New Normal"

Or there will be three on the floor like the last few months worth of trips for me.

Just sitting there. Tempting me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Please pray for me after the disastrous events of today's trip to the 'Co.

https://twitter.com/usagisteve/status/1392572062091390980?s=19