Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Azhais posted:

God thinks frogs are icky

Let my people go or I'm gonna touch you with a frog!

God’s a bitch made wimp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Son of Rodney posted:

Why is rain of frogs even bad, free food, free pet, fly eradocator, seems cool.

A frog is cool. Having thousands of frogs just swarming all over you, covering you in your bed, squashing underfoot, climbing into your kilns and ovens is kinda hosed.

Also the next plague was lice and flies, so the frogs weren't helping with that.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ska frog in indefatigable

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

God’s a bitch made wimp

we need a :mods: but gods but also lol

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

watched the video in the thread; saw he brandished a firearm at the guy holding the camera who came to his house
can someone provide the context as to who this guy is and why we're laughing at his being arrested?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I didn't read the text at first and thought this was supposed to be one of those ice cream sundae cups.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

drat maybe I was wrong about anime

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

sarcastx posted:

watched the video in the thread; saw he brandished a firearm at the guy holding the camera who came to his house
can someone provide the context as to who this guy is and why we're laughing at his being arrested?

Some steamer gamer gate piece of poo poo afaik. Though I said good and made fun oh him for looking like a sasquatch in another thread and it was hailed a terrible post so I dunno maybe people around here like him?

Content:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Son of Rodney posted:

Why is rain of frogs even bad, free food, free pet, fly eradocator, seems cool.

You ever been hit in the head by a terminal velocity frog? Didn't think so kid.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cocaine Bear posted:

Some steamer gamer gate piece of poo poo afaik. Though I said good and made fun oh him for looking like a sasquatch in another thread and it was hailed a terrible post so I dunno maybe people around here like him?

I think its less 'like him' and more 'identify too closely with the look to be comfortable with it being mocked'

I actually kinda feel crappy mocking him for his appearance because I have friends who look like they are well on their way to that who are some of the nicest drat people I have met, but otoh WHERE IS YOUR CHIN?!?!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have to assume the beard is a fashion choice because mine needs permanent maintenence to stay that length.

So I strongly disagree with his decision to make it look like that.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
gently caress him, gently caress his disgusting face, gently caress his grotesque beard, and gently caress his wobbly hog tits.

Now, moving on,

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

gently caress him, gently caress his disgusting face, gently caress his grotesque beard, and gently caress his wobbly hog tits.

Now, moving on,

IDGI

I read that there was a major gas issue on the east coast but what’s up here?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CainFortea posted:

You ever been hit in the head by a terminal velocity frog? Didn't think so kid.

I misused an online calculator for terminal velocity in a freefall (assumed the drag coefficient for a falling human is equivalent for a falling frog) and, for a largish northern leopard frog, terminal velocity is around 12 m/s with a kinetic energy of about 4 joules

Which translates to getting hit by the head of an 8 lb sledgehammer... moving at the speed of an easy stroll

So, not too bad, actually, but I wouldn't want to be caught out in a frogstorm

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

IDGI

I read that there was a major gas issue on the east coast but what’s up here?

I believe that is the guy who belted the other guy with a can of twisted tea, with the suggestion that it would be nice if he did that to hoarders.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I believe that is the guy who belted the other guy with a can of twisted tea, with the suggestion that it would be nice if he did that to hoarders.

Yeah I get that much but like that’s barely a weeks worth of gas depending on how much they drive to work.

Like this ain’t TP and 99% of us need to drive to work.

:shrug:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I get that much but like that’s barely a weeks worth of gas depending on how much they drive to work.

uhhhhh

granted I don't know exactly how much is in one of those plastic jerrycans but I think that is enough petrol to keep me going for about two months.

like google says a normal size is 20L so that is a gigantic amount of petrol.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

drat turn you’re monitor on lmao

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MarcusSA posted:

jesus, what do you drive? thats like a weeks worth of gas if I drive for every waking minute, plus some sleep driving

there are at least 70 gallons of gas there, they have a bunch of cans, not just the one

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do you commute to work in a tank?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Thump! posted:

drat turn you’re monitor on lmao

This doesn't work on me because I exclusively shitpost via the awful app for android and I do not own a monitor.

:smug:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Those are 10 gallon cans.

So counting the gas tank, they have about 100 gallons of gas there.

If that SUV is on the low side of MPG, that's still 1,500 miles they could travel. Or 60 daily commutes of 25 miles, which is the high end for suburb dwellers.

That's a loving obscene amount of gasoline.

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead

MarcusSA posted:

I thought a ton of people work from home now

Edit: lol doesn't it also go bad after like 30 days?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rotten posted:

I thought a ton of people work from home now

My home is 2000 square kilometers

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

zoux posted:

My home is 2000 square kilometers

mcmansion much

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Those are 10 gallon cans.

So counting the gas tank, they have about 100 gallons of gas there.

If that SUV is on the low side of MPG, that's still 1,500 miles they could travel. Or 60 daily commutes of 25 miles, which is the high end for suburb dwellers.

That's a loving obscene amount of gasoline.

They intend to use the gas in their bidets.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

sarcastx posted:

So the Frank guy who's tweet I posted is a YouTuber known for trolling people in real life. He targeted Boogie (the guy arrested) for a while and would threaten to come to his house. It escalated and people started showing up to Boogies house, including Frank and that's when Boogie did a warning shot.

After that Boogie would go on Keemstar's show and say how unfairly he's been treated and targeted, how he feared for his life.

Now a year later Boogie gets arrested for doing that warning shot, and Frank the guy who trolled him posts that "Hope he gets the help he needs" .

Boogie is a racist gamer gate chud and grifter. You can see his long list of controversies on his own wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boogie2988 It's missing the wife abuse stuff though

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

uhhhhh

granted I don't know exactly how much is in one of those plastic jerrycans but I think that is enough petrol to keep me going for about two months.

like google says a normal size is 20L so that is a gigantic amount of petrol.

They look like 5 gallon cans

So at most that’s 40 gallons.

RFC2324 posted:

jesus, what do you drive? thats like a weeks worth of gas if I drive for every waking minute, plus some sleep driving

there are at least 70 gallons of gas there, they have a bunch of cans, not just the one

They look like standard 5 gallon cans to me : shrug:

The average commute one way is 16 miles and depending on the mpg of that crappy suv there they could need to nearly fill up the drat thing once a week. That is if only one person is working.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable with a looming gas shortage to stock up so you can make sure you get to work.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Cocaine Bear posted:

1) It was this thread
2) Your post was slammed because it read like something out of r/fatpeoplehate
3) So does the first meme in your post

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MarcusSA posted:

So at most that’s 40 gallons.

They look like standard 5 gallon cans to me : shrug:

The average commute one way is 16 miles and depending on the mpg of that crappy suv there they could need to nearly fill up the drat thing once a week. That is if only one person is working.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable with a looming gas shortage to stock up so you can make sure you get to work.

those are not 5 gallon cans lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

So the Frank guy who's tweet I posted is a YouTuber known for trolling people in real life.

I dunno anything about this booger person but I can safely say I hate this frank person.

“Trolling” people in real life is pretty ridiculous.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

those are not 5 gallon cans lmao

Look pretty similar to me :shrug:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

So at most thats 40 gallons.

The average commute one way is 16 miles and depending on the mpg of that crappy suv there they could need to nearly fill up the drat thing once a week.

Even if they're 5 gallon containers, your math only works if they get 4 miles per gallon.

16 mile commute twice a day for five days = 160 miles/40 gallons

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How big could a gallon be Michael, 10 gallons?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do american cars propel themselves by firing the petrol out the back at high pressure or something because again that is a huge amount of petrol. One of those cans would last me a week at the very least.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Do american cars propel themselves by firing the petrol out the back at high pressure or something because again that is a huge amount of petrol. One of those cans would last me a week at the very least.

American cars in general get way worse MPG vs their European counter parts.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s because our cars are trucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

euphronius posted:

It’s because our cars are trucks

And are heavier because of all the safety stuff or something.