Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

TL posted:

Don't do this during the speech.

Yeah, that's it baby! Shake that moneymaker! Wooo! :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
And get yourself a good wire rack.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Really very good!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But is it... bold?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

But is it... bold?

WELL HELL YES IT'S BOLD

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I wonder if migraines could be the result of poor posture? Has he made the knee test?

Can speech affect your migraines? Is he using plenty of lip and tongue action?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bicyclops posted:

I'd forgotten about Mike's migraine thing, that must be so fuckin' unbearable.

Yeah, I feel so bad for the guy. There was a period where my neck was so messed up (I had my monitor at a 45 degree angle to my right and stared at it for ~13 hours a day) that I had basically non-stop headaches for months until I finally went to a doctor, suspecting I had a tumor or something.

Just a few months of that was unbearable, now living your whole life like that... gently caress.

(then later I started getting migraines with actual honest to goodness auras and everything so fairly regular headaches are still a fun thing in my life)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

But is it... bold?

The Mads-involved sketches really reached some heights in S6 didn't they? Maybe it was just being freed from the structure of the Invention Exchange.

"Brooks and Dunn! BROOKS and DUNN!"

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

TBF my original post was less “how ever are they going to fit a triplet into this very structured theme song” and more “I really like this theme song and think a triplet might be kinda awkward but I can’t wait to hear a new version because I’m a nerd who looks up Youtube videos of all the variations and enjoys it”.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Maxwell Lord posted:

The Mads-involved sketches really reached some heights in S6 didn't they? Maybe it was just being freed from the structure of the Invention Exchange.

am i out of reba? do i need more reba??

or any wynonna?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

I was just watching "The Amazing Transparent Man" with Auntie McFrank's B&B. I couldn't stop laughing at Forrester cringing well in advance as Frank winds up to lightly slap him on the arm Joe Besser-style. Anything that highlighted the Mads as huge nerds/wusses was great.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Splint Chesthair posted:

I was just watching "The Amazing Transparent Man" with Auntie McFrank's B&B. I couldn't stop laughing at Forrester cringing well in advance as Frank winds up to lightly slap him on the arm Joe Besser-style. Anything that highlighted the Mads as huge nerds/wusses was great.

It's really weird to watch the KTMA/S1 Mads because they're played so much...not straighter, but less outright cartoonish. They're serious about their mad science even if they're still mad.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's really weird to watch the KTMA/S1 Mads because they're played so much...not straighter, but less outright cartoonish. They're serious about their mad science even if they're still mad.

Someone in one of the livestreams noted that Trace's original Dr. F. voice was basically Gregory Peck, and it's hard to imagine the Dr. F. of later seasons attempting to carry himself with that much dignity.

(The idea, apparently, was that Trace and Josh wanted their robot voices to be as different from their mad scientist voices as possible to sell the illusion that they had more than like four guys working on the show.)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Sword and the Dragon is the episode that's on Pluto right now, it's just wrapping up, and while the riffs aren't really amazing, this movie is an impressive whopper of terrible.

And King Ghidorah just showed up, what the gently caress

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My posture's good! *screeching noises*

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

They FOOLISHLY thought they were fins but Ilya is russian!

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Timby posted:

The Sword and the Dragon is the episode that's on Pluto right now, it's just wrapping up, and while the riffs aren't really amazing, this movie is an impressive whopper of terrible.

Honestly, I don't think Ilya Muromets is inherently a bad movie. Roger Corman's localizations of the film just kinda took a lot of the wind out of its sails.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Am I to believe that there's not actually a giant named "Mightor"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I empathize with Mike. I had untreated migraines until my early twenties. I figured having relatively constant headaches was normal.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Honestly, I don't think Ilya Muromets is inherently a bad movie. Roger Corman's localizations of the film just kinda took a lot of the wind out of its sails.

Also the whole movie is utterly baffling if you're unfamiliar with the Russian byliny epics, which is not something ten or so Upper Midwestern comedy writers are likely to have, especially in the pre-internet era. Best Brains didn't keep a set of encyclopedias around to look up weird things from foreign movies. I know, I visited the studio once.

It would be like showing 1776 at a cinema in Bhutan or something, they would understand what's happening on screen but miss the ingrained cultural significance.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 12, 2021

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The Day The Earth Froze is the Finnish-Soviet movie right

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

verbal enema posted:

The Day The Earth Froze is the Finnish-Soviet movie right

Russo-Finnish, yeah. The other three were purely Soviet.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Timby posted:

Fun fact: the King Dragon was actually (along with the Lernaean Hydra and Yamata-no-Orochi) part of the inspiration for King Ghidorah!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Zmey Gorynych desperately needs vowels

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Splint Chesthair posted:

In a similar vein, the Mads acting as construction workers in San Francisco International and their utter panic when Dr. F turned on the power saw is hilarious.

Also, I'd turned on PlutoTV earlier in The Sword and The Dragon, just in time to see one of my favorite segments, the Ingmar Bergman Sven and Ole joke.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

I Am Fowl posted:

I empathize with Mike. I had untreated migraines until my early twenties. I figured having relatively constant headaches was normal.

yuup

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Angry_Ed posted:

"Future War: there's no future and there's no war"

But you know me, I don't like to complain.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

captain polaris

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I love you this muuuuch!

i don't care for yoooou

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Morter posted:

I love you this muuuuch!

i don't care for yoooou

Lay off the anteaters!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nishi koichi posted:

am i out of reba? do i need more reba??

or any wynonna?

Well I can’t promise I will personally turn my crank to Frank, but...

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

When I got into WW2 historical tabletop miniatures wargaming, I decided that, instead of the usual "US vs. Germany" that everyone usually defaults to, I would do the Soviets as my first army, mainly because we don't really get taught a lot about the USSR's role in WW2 in US school history classes. So anyways, when doing research (by reading and watching a bunch of documentaries), I found out about how Stalin turned to Russian history and folklore in order to inspire people to fight for the Motherland, and how he pointed to legendary heroes such as Ilya Muromets. Which made me go, "what, the guy that captured the Wind Demon?" :v:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

TL posted:

In a similar vein, the Mads acting as construction workers in San Francisco International and their utter panic when Dr. F turned on the power saw is hilarious.

Also, I'd turned on PlutoTV earlier in The Sword and The Dragon, just in time to see one of my favorite segments, the Ingmar Bergman Sven and Ole joke.

that opening is the only time you get to see Dr. Forrester's abs

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

You know, that Deb is fiiiiiine.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Johnny Walker posted:

You know, that Deb is fiiiiiine.

DEB IS PRIVATE STOCK

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Johnny Walker posted:

You know, that Dr Forrester is fiiiiiine.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

San Francisco International? Yeah, I hung sheetrock there.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

muscles like this! posted:

San Francisco International? Yeah, I hung sheetrock there.

Real regular guys.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
davey everyone down there is getting divorced because of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
San Fransisco International is my fav TV movie they did

its just drips 70s TV movie all over

Well how much do I really love my wife?

DUMMY SCREWS

Clu! Clu! Clu! Clu! Black Guy! Black Guy!

THEYRE GONNA GET THE NEW RUNWAY