Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Flair posted:

Would you like to see a F2P amber solo the boss? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQdlBvIDhfA. The attacks are dodgable.

a 13 minute amber solo clear has nothing to do with the boss having a poor and irritating design

for instance, when it's doing the burrowed earth spine attack, for one it's bad enough that you can't do damage to it, but also when it touches the edge of the arena it can just warp to a different edge of the arena like a torus. right underneath you. i was fighting it and watching where it was, on the opposite edge of the screen, and suddenly i was getting pushed and took 5k earth damage because it teleported behind me

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

happy chicken day yall.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Oh boy, so many new posts. Dendro reveal?

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

Clarste posted:

It's just bad UI design, imo.

every ui in genshin is poorly designed. the ui controls on console are the most unintuitive and confusing poo poo I’ve ever seen

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

gandlethorpe posted:

Only in the sense of a poster describing the massive tree up his rear end in a top hat

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Fur20 posted:

a 13 minute amber solo clear has nothing to do with the boss having a poor and irritating design
you said that the attacks can't be avoided and that there are long phases when the boss can't be attacked and you have to sit and take it -- the video you were linked to shows that almost all the attacks can be avoided and there are rarely phases longer than 15-20s where you can't attack.

I quite like that there's a mildly challenging boss now

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

tyrelhill posted:

every ui in genshin is poorly designed. the ui controls on console are the most unintuitive and confusing poo poo I’ve ever seen

stop complaining and do something, if you're not getting customer service reps fired every day over this you're part of the problem

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Clarste posted:

Ignoring the horrible person who brought this up, my problem with the bird has nothing to do with the voice or even what it's saying so much as the fact that there's a text box between me and whatever I want to do, and I have to back out and go through this textbox every single time I want to use any of the different teapot functions. It's just bad UI design, imo. The bird should either have no dialog at all or there should be a device sitting next to the bird that performs these functions with no extraneous text boxes.

i agree it's done badly, the exact thing has annoyed me with the blacksmith and katheryne for a while now, since i usually want to use multiple of their functions at a time. the complaints about this all being focused on the bird was the odd part...ideally they can work a no-text fix for most of those (e.g. interact with a forge for making ore etc, interact with a bulletin board to retrieve and set expeditions or redeem daily commissions). i suppose for marking the day's ore veins i'd settle for it at least not requiring a run around to every continent, have the smiths just know this stuff from sharing info among themselves.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

dogsicle posted:

i agree it's done badly, the exact thing has annoyed me with the blacksmith and katheryne for a while now, since i usually want to use multiple of their functions at a time. the complaints about this all being focused on the bird was the odd part...ideally they can work a no-text fix for most of those (e.g. interact with a forge for making ore etc, interact with a bulletin board to retrieve and set expeditions or redeem daily commissions). i suppose for marking the day's ore veins i'd settle for it at least not requiring a run around to every continent, have the smiths just know this stuff from sharing info among themselves.

The outdoor workshop you get basically for free in teapot world is a forge with no text box (though it doesn’t mark ore veins for you).

So, MHY can bring Katheryne and Tubby up to that standard, but they haven’t yet.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Katheryne just needs to get someone to teach her Latin pronunciation.

Tubby grates on me more since you have to go through his menu several times per teapot visit.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

at first i was like bad tubby but now i love tubby why dont you love tubby too

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't even started with the teapot stuff because I've been taking the tedium of this game real slow because unlike people who take out their grievances on people completely unrelated to problems I have about the game, I just... slowed down. I'm not really bothering with BP stuff either even though I'm around lv18 on that just from doing the bare minimum.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The real important thing to do every day you log in is to kill Timmie's birds.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Framboise posted:

I haven't even started with the teapot stuff because I've been taking the tedium of this game real slow because unlike people who take out their grievances on people completely unrelated to problems I have about the game, I just... slowed down. I'm not really bothering with BP stuff either even though I'm around lv18 on that just from doing the bare minimum.

same, anytime the content feels like too much i just slow down. some days i just log in for my 90 primos and don't even bother with the dailies

if i didn't do that this game would start to feel like work instead of a fun distraction

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

dioxazine posted:

Yet another part of the game where Ganyu is just OP.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Soothing Vapors posted:

you said that the attacks can't be avoided and that there are long phases when the boss can't be attacked and you have to sit and take it -- the video you were linked to shows that almost all the attacks can be avoided and there are rarely phases longer than 15-20s where you can't attack.

yes. those 15-20s phases should be shorter by half, and there shouldn't be 3+ in each encounter, to say little of its ridiculous hp pool. as for the unavoidable attacks yes you can "avoid" them by playing a ranged character or by making platforms. if you don't or can't then sucks to be you? no, it's because it's a bad boss.

your phrasing suggests that you think i think it's "challenging." it's not. it's easy. it's just irritating to fight, it isn't fun.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 12, 2021

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

dioxazine posted:

I was inordinately happy when I realized that when you get his daily quest you can kill the ducks when you feed them. He then gets so mad he tells his mother on you lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Garrand posted:

I was inordinately happy when I realized that when you get his daily quest you can kill the ducks when you feed them. He then gets so mad he tells his mother on you lol

That he would snitch tells you all about him!

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Garrand posted:

Local goon bullies orphan

dioxazine posted:

That he would snitch tells you all about him!

Also true, Teyvat is a land of contrasts

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

U-DO Burger posted:

same, anytime the content feels like too much i just slow down. some days i just log in for my 90 primos and don't even bother with the dailies

if i didn't do that this game would start to feel like work instead of a fun distraction

yeah pretty much. Like I've been playing this game daily from the start and I think I've only missed like 1 day of primos and that was this past Sunday simply because I was out of town for my anniversary and just forgot. It's nice to just take it easy sometimes. I'm still playing and slowly doing quests (just did the Azhdaha one today, only just now), but it's keeping me more sane to not be agonizing over things I don't want to do.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

dioxazine posted:

:hmmyes:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I just realized that the giganto geovishap is a weekly boss, not a regular boss like the cubes and flowers.

I even knew that the big boy dropped character talent materials. I have no idea how I did not connect these dots in my head.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Side note because it might interest some people (if it's not you, sorry) - Nijisanji VTubers recently got more into Genshin again (and some new ones started). There are bigger ones like Lize Helesta (100+k views on every stream) and you might know Kuzuha from his whaling adventures, but my favourite is probably Onomachi Haruka because of noises and voices she does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFpr_rW5h9I

It's also nice to watch to experience the initial fun and excitement again.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Kanae, not kuzuha.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if there's anything you can say about the current Abyss, it's that a standard Hu Tao comp clears the first halves of the early floors fast enough you can still 9* with an Amber melt team bringing up the rear :)

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tae posted:

Kanae, not kuzuha.

Some say Kosm.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Side note because it might interest some people (if it's not you, sorry) - Nijisanji VTubers recently got more into Genshin again (and some new ones started). There are bigger ones like Lize Helesta (100+k views on every stream) and you might know Kuzuha from his whaling adventures, but my favourite is probably Onomachi Haruka because of noises and voices she does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFpr_rW5h9I

It's also nice to watch to experience the initial fun and excitement again.

Top moment is still probably Rion during the Lantern Rite festival final cutscene.

But getting back on track.. I have finally, finally redecorated my exterior. I'm not sure why one of the bamboo trees is 50% more expensive on load than the others. Is it because it's taller?! Next up, interior decorating and figuring out how to gracefully rid myself of my pinecoin mining radiators.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tae posted:

Kanae, not kuzuha.

Brainfart of a Mondstadt size.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

gandlethorpe posted:

Jokes aside have they mentioned anything about dendro coming soon? I'm horribly curious about what it might do as a properly implemented element and what kind of reactions and comps will pop up.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Incoherence posted:

Katheryne just needs to get someone to teach her Latin pronunciation.

Tubby grates on me more since you have to go through his menu several times per teapot visit.

add rear end

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Clarste posted:

It's just bad UI design, imo.

Everything about the teapot is super low effort. The load stat, the constant re-talking to Tubby that you'll be doing a dozen times a day, the blueprints going to your inventory that then need to be activated, the way you exit the teapot, the dpad-to-move... it's all very first draft stuff. Like, I'm not making GBS threads my pants in rage and willing to cost someone completely unrelated their job over it, but it's nowhere near the kind of big deal "player housing!" would imply.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

every npc works like tubby and it's always been bad but nobody really talked about it because it was so rare that you'd need to do multiple things with the same npc at once

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

inthesto posted:

I just realized that the giganto geovishap is a weekly boss, not a regular boss like the cubes and flowers.

I even knew that the big boy dropped character talent materials. I have no idea how I did not connect these dots in my head.

What? No way, you're mistaken, its just a boss like the cubes right? I haven't been fighting that thing at all because I have no need for those drops right now and don't care!

Framboise posted:

I'm addicted so take this with a grain of salt but I think you should start now because it's yet another slow burn so you might as well get it started now because it'll be a while to count every grain of rice.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

What? No way, you're mistaken, its just a boss like the cubes right? I haven't been fighting that thing at all because I have no need for those drops right now and don't care!

There's the large geovishap, who is just a cube style ascension mat boss, and then there's the gigantic geovishap who's new in the patch.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

LibrarianCroaker posted:

There's the large geovishap, who is just a cube style ascension mat boss, and then there's the gigantic geovishap who's new in the patch.

It gets confusing because there are literally 4 types/sizes of them.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Jokes aside have they mentioned anything about dendro coming soon? I'm horribly curious about what it might do as a properly implemented element and what kind of reactions and comps will pop up.

Nope, I wouldn’t be surprised if Dendro characters don’t come out until next year.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What is the complaint about load? That it exists?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’ve thought about it and my new goal is to talent cap everyone. So 8/8/8. Seems fun. It’s sad when normal attacks don’t do anything.

Better use of resin than artifact rolls.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Oh thank god. I thought I'd been ignoring another weekly boss like a moron.

MadHat posted:

It gets confusing because there are literally 4 types/sizes of them.

I keep calling Azhdaha a dragon every chance I get as a bit of distinction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Did my Abyss run for the fortnight, got past 11-2, still sucks rear end.