Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Where's those people telling me the book was good back when it launched?

Don't look at me, I thought it sucked too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Rhyno posted:

Where's those people telling me the book was good back when it launched?

In your head? Are you sure they ever existed?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Sara Pichelli was the artist when it launched so it did have that going for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cant cook creole bream posted:

In your head? Are you sure they ever existed?

There were people telling me I was overreacting and that it wasn't that bad.

At least TWO of them.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

There were people telling me I was overreacting and that it wasn't that bad.

At least TWO of them.

Are these people with us right now? Can you show me where they are?
Listen to the words I'm saying and relax.
How do you perceive this conversation? Do you remember what brought you here?
Did the illusions of that online message board return?
None of that is real. We went through this a few times.
The path to healing is slow but steady. Take a deep breath and try to realize where you are.
Your family is worried about you, but you will get through this.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 12, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Imma find em!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Imma find em!

Don't make me dig up your posts liking Slott's Spider-Man post Supreme Spider-Man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
OH LOOK WHAT IS THIS

X-O posted:

Doesn’t change the fact that book and the new FF was/is good.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Roth posted:

My only complaint is that the issue $6.

Lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

OH LOOK WHAT IS THIS

Rhyno posted:

I never thought I would say this.

Dan Slott is crushing it on this book right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was drinking 6 days a week in 2015.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
sorry I'm completely distracted by the Hugo Eckener reference I don't remember making

Was I also drunk?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Old posts be wild

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blockhouse posted:

sorry I'm completely distracted by the Hugo Eckener reference I don't remember making

Was I also drunk?

We were all drunk once

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
It's possible for people to have differing opinions, or their opinions to change over time.

I know, wild

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't take back anything I said there. I really liked FF until it got to the story where they went searching for the planet they were supposedly trying to get to during their original accident. I thought that was dumb and stopped picking it up then. Up until then everything with the marriage of Ben and Alicia, their honeymoon where he fought Hulk, the intro of Victorious... I like all of that quite a bit.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

It's possible for people to have differing opinions, or their opinions to change over time.

I know, wild

I thought this before, but now I disagree.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I also still stand by what I said that I hate this practice of driving up the price of "milestone" issues by including worthless backups.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Roth posted:

I also still stand by what I said that I hate this practice of driving up the price of "milestone" issues by including worthless backups.

I see doing that if the book is nothing but 1 shots, like 1that Neil Gaiman "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader" book happened in the middle of Morrison's run, but didn't include anything that related to the ongoing. I haven't read that in forever so I don't remember if it was longer than a normal issue or cost more though.

But yeah, it's bullshit if Part 4 of 6 costs twice as much because there's unrelated stories in it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I see doing that if the book is nothing but 1 shots, like 1that Neil Gaiman "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader" book happened in the middle of Morrison's run, but didn't include anything that related to the ongoing. I haven't read that in forever so I don't remember if it was longer than a normal issue or cost more though.

But yeah, it's bullshit if Part 4 of 6 costs twice as much because there's unrelated stories in it.
It was two slightly long issues. Comixology has Batman #686 as 33 pages and Detective Comics #853 as 28 pages (but it counts double-page spreads as one page).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

It was two slightly long issues. Comixology has Batman #686 as 33 pages and Detective Comics #853 as 28 pages (but it counts double-page spreads as one page).

Okay, I think I read it has a collected edition, but my point still stands. You wanna charge 10 bucks for Action Comics #1000, fair enough, but don't make it required reading for people on a budget who are following the main story. And it'd also be better for the people who aren't reading the main story but have a vague like for Superman and want to buy a milestone issue if the first 24 pages aren't the mid point of a story they haven't read any of.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Black Cat continues to be wonderful.

Heroes Reborn is surprisingly fun with its goofy conceit that these are the comics of an alternate universe 1992.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

nemesis_hub posted:

Black Cat continues to be wonderful.

Heroes Reborn is surprisingly fun with its goofy conceit that these are the comics of an alternate universe 1992.

Aaron is definitely nailing some classic Superman vibes.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Skwirl posted:

Okay, I think I read it has a collected edition, but my point still stands. You wanna charge 10 bucks for Action Comics #1000, fair enough, but don't make it required reading for people on a budget who are following the main story. And it'd also be better for the people who aren't reading the main story but have a vague like for Superman and want to buy a milestone issue if the first 24 pages aren't the mid point of a story they haven't read any of.
I can't tell if you're using Action Comics 1000 as a positive example, but the lead story in it was a more or less standalone one written by departing writer Dan Jurgens, who had wrapped up his last multi-part arc in Action #998 and wrote a capstone issue in Action #999. So it did contain a story by the outgoing creative team (and Tomasi/Gleason who were also departing from Superman at the same time), as well as a story by Brian Michael Bendis, but none of them were mid-story things, it was all standalone stories about Superman.

Looking at the current run of Fantastic Four, the only two more-expensive issues were #5 (the wedding of Ben and Alicia), and #25, and given the date of the post Roth was complaining about was issue #5. It cost six dollars, but the entirety of the issue was written by Slott with side-stories about the wedding/bachelor/bachelorette parties drawn by Mike Allred, Adam Hughes, and Aaron Kuder, so it doesn't really seem like an example either.

It's definitely an example of a six dollar comic I mean, but it isn't one of those "throw in a bunch of unrelated stuff to jack up the price" milestone comics.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Edge & Christian posted:

I can't tell if you're using Action Comics 1000 as a positive example, but the lead story in it was a more or less standalone one written by departing writer Dan Jurgens, who had wrapped up his last multi-part arc in Action #998 and wrote a capstone issue in Action #999. So it did contain a story by the outgoing creative team (and Tomasi/Gleason who were also departing from Superman at the same time), as well as a story by Brian Michael Bendis, but none of them were mid-story things, it was all standalone stories about Superman.

Looking at the current run of Fantastic Four, the only two more-expensive issues were #5 (the wedding of Ben and Alicia), and #25, and given the date of the post Roth was complaining about was issue #5. It cost six dollars, but the entirety of the issue was written by Slott with side-stories about the wedding/bachelor/bachelorette parties drawn by Mike Allred, Adam Hughes, and Aaron Kuder, so it doesn't really seem like an example either.

It's definitely an example of a six dollar comic I mean, but it isn't one of those "throw in a bunch of unrelated stuff to jack up the price" milestone comics.

Fantastic Four #1 was August 8th, 2018, which is the issue I was talking about.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Roth posted:

Fantastic Four #1 was August 8th, 2018, which is the issue I was talking about.
Well I'll be damned, I didn't even think to check that one. That one had backup stories by Slott with different artists than the ones I mentioned. I also sympathize with oversized first issues/comics in general costing $6.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Apparently Vulpes is co-writing a bunch of annuals that’s going to lead into a Black Cat story where she steals the Infinity Stones.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

Apparently Vulpes is co-writing a bunch of annuals that’s going to lead into a Black Cat story where she steals the Infinity Stones.

Yeah, I saw a promo for I think Iron-Man, are there more?

Specifically are there more Vulpes is writing, I know there's a bunch of Annuals, but the other ones on the ad page where written by other people, Duggan on something, maybe Captain America?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think we can all agree that Al Ewing should write Fantastic Four

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Roth posted:

I think we can all agree that Al Ewing should write Fantastic Four

Right before the Slott series started Chip Zdarsky was writing Marvel 2 in 1 with Thing, Torch and Dr Doom and it convinced me he should be writing F4. Ewing would be good too though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Skwirl posted:

Right before the Slott series started Chip Zdarsky was writing Marvel 2 in 1 with Thing, Torch and Dr Doom and it convinced me he should be writing F4. Ewing would be good too though.

I'm pretty confident Zdarsky and Ewing could write literally anything and I'll buy it.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
To clarify re: Infinite Destinies, I am not co-writing everyone else's annuals, I'm not sure how that made it into the press release. I'm writing/have written the Iron Man, Black Cat and the Avengers annuals, as well as the Fury backups that run through the whole thing (and yes, I am aware that I'm about the only person who likes Fury, but you should see what Juan Ferreyra is doing with them).

And thanks for supporting Black Cat over the last couple of years, goons, I appreciate it.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Zdarsky wrote a great Doom in the X-Men / Fantastic Four miniseries last year

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Party Boat posted:

Zdarsky wrote a great Doom in the X-Men / Fantastic Four miniseries last year

Yeah, his F4 was great in that too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

To clarify re: Infinite Destinies, I am not co-writing everyone else's annuals, I'm not sure how that made it into the press release. I'm writing/have written the Iron Man, Black Cat and the Avengers annuals, as well as the Fury backups that run through the whole thing (and yes, I am aware that I'm about the only person who likes Fury, but you should see what Juan Ferreyra is doing with them).

And thanks for supporting Black Cat over the last couple of years, goons, I appreciate it.

You deserve the support. Not just because you're a goon, but because you write really good books. Believe me, if you didn't write good books you'd hear it from this lot.

Speaking of your books, I just saw the Moon Knight variants by Gerardo Zaffino and Peach Momoko and as someone that really doesn't like comic art on their walls I would put both of those on my walls.

Also I love Fury, that mini that with the art by ACO was awesome.

X-O fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 12, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The lack of Warhammer news is very disheartening.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Gripweed posted:

The lack of Warhammer news is very disheartening.

Yeah; I was hoping that starting with Marneus was playing it safe until they got to the weirder parts of the 40K universe, but now it seems like a one and done. I liked it a lot, but I wish we had gotten more.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

radlum posted:

Yeah; I was hoping that starting with Marneus was playing it safe until they got to the weirder parts of the 40K universe, but now it seems like a one and done. I liked it a lot, but I wish we had gotten more.

For some reason they're rereleasing Marneus Calgar monthly in Warhammer stores. Maybe they're waiting until that's done before they announce the next one? And Age of Sigmar 3rd Edition is coming soon so maybe they'll announce an AoS comic to coincide with that. But I might just be grasping at straws

We're never getting an ongoing Lucius The Eternal comic series :(

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Your Black Cat comics are a delight, like Jupiter, with a light and turbulently energetic outer layer and a dense solid core of metallic feelings. Put that on your LinkedIn, true believer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yo fuuuuuuuuuuck Fantastic Four

That book is garbage and this poo poo with Alicia and Johnny needs to be retconned immediately. Johnny's kind of an rear end but he's nowhere near this level and the rest of it is skeevy trash