Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

LOL what kind of loving loser dl'd the youtube rip of alien manifestation right when the demo game out just to convert it to mp3 to listen to at work and on the train months before the game game out when the song's title wasn't even public yet rofl certainly not me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Endings B, C, and D down in one sitting. Only 3 achievements left. Will do the final stuff tomorrow, probably.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I just accidentally hacked a robit during the missile defense mission in route b and the chiptune version of that music is loving fire, wow. The music in these games is really second to none.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Welp, did 100% of the sidequests in my quest to Platinum Nier Replicant

Just in time to notice there's no trophy for 100% quests :negative:

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Sharkitten posted:

Sixteen weapons left to upgrade.

The mats I'm dreading are anything from the desert dudes who drop nothing ever, and the 5 Memory Alloy I still have yet to get because at least man the Titanium Alloy has
-a chance- of dropping from the regular mobs

In the second and third miniboss rooms of B2, if the miniboss doesn't drop memory alloy you can let the other enemies kill you to reset the room and give you another shot at a memory alloy drop without having to run all the way back through each time.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zack Ater posted:

In the second and third miniboss rooms of B2, if the miniboss doesn't drop memory alloy you can let the other enemies kill you to reset the room and give you another shot at a memory alloy drop without having to run all the way back through each time.

mother fucker

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Welp, did 100% of the sidequests in my quest to Platinum Nier Replicant

Just in time to notice there's no trophy for 100% quests :negative:

Let me save you some heartache and say there's no quest to get 100% of the words either. The only trophy for word collection is 50%, but I saw some goon a few pages ago complaining about how hard it was to get all of them.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There are more than 33 weapons too so you don’t have to upgrade every weapon either.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Just finished B, and I feel like if the game was made from scratch today with Automata's budget you'd have been playing as Kainé (which I incorrectly thought was the case when the prompt came up to say I could 'see Kainé's story' by playing on). It's basically the same setup as in Automata where you play as 9S the second time and through his unique abilities get new insight into the machines - except in Replicant you're still playing the same character with the same abilities, you can just sort of hear what Kainé hears and see some extra cutscenes too.

Anyway I'm excited to romp through C, D and E.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Yeah, I did notice that the last Word achievement was for 50%, but somehow managed to miss the one about the quests.

Is there a general consensus on what the easiest weapons to upgrade are? Some of the DLC ones don't seem too bad and I've been trying to focus on those and the part 1 weapons thinking they'd need the most common materials to upgrade.

I've still only gotten ending A but I've already sunk more time into this than I did getting ending D in Gestalt...I might've made a mistake going for the platinum here.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

History Comes Inside! posted:

There are more than 33 weapons too so you don’t have to upgrade every weapon either.

I'm at 36/37 maxed, I'm the completely brokebrained completionist

Just waiting for the last Subdued Bracelet to drop in the goddamned desert

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lmao (Nier Automata part c spoilers) I completely forgot about 9S shrieking "I'll kill you!" at A2 and then plummeting into a ravine classic-Disney-villain-style. god drat this game is so good.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sharkitten posted:

I'm at 36/37 maxed, I'm the completely brokebrained completionist

Just waiting for the last Subdued Bracelet to drop in the goddamned desert

I’m not gonna say anything except lol and you will eventually find out what that means when you finish the game properly.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Doctor Nutt posted:

Lmao (Nier Automata part c spoilers) I completely forgot about 9S shrieking "I'll kill you!" at A2 and then plummeting into a ravine classic-Disney-villain-style. god drat this game is so good.

No joke I think 9S's VA Kyle McCarley's performance of 9S- specifically his arc from how he is at the beginning of the game to the end of it is one of the most impressive feats of VA I've ever enjoyed in a game. God drat what a ride.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

So why is shadowlord a little boy at the end of part 1 :thunk:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Shadowlad lmao

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

beep by grandpa posted:

So why is shadowlord a little boy at the end of part 1 :thunk:

would like to see little baby Shadowlord

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why is Grimoir Noir so loving awful? Next to an English voice cast that ranges from ok to great it really sticks out as a disgusting piece of VO.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

stev posted:

Why is Grimoir Noir so loving awful? Next to an English voice cast that ranges from ok to great it really sticks out as a disgusting piece of VO.

It is great performance it is just that it does a great job of making him sound like a villain.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The hero usually needs some flawed quality to seem more flawed and down to Earth.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm in the first half of Nier Replicant still and finished up all the side quests. I read up and heard something about gardening and this flower thing for an ending? Not really sure since I hate looking up this stuff because of spoilers. Is there anything else I should do or just hit up the Manor?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I'm in the first half of Nier Replicant still and finished up all the side quests. I read up and heard something about gardening and this flower thing for an ending? Not really sure since I hate looking up this stuff because of spoilers. Is there anything else I should do or just hit up the Manor?

You don't have to garden anything to beat the game or see all the endings. There is a part of the game where you have to get something called "vapor moss" and (ONLY MECHANICAL SPOILERS, NOT STORY SPOILERS): as soon as you get the vapor moss, it triggers a point of no return for any side quests you have open. You cannot gently caress yourself over out of any endings or weapons from incomplete sidequests from this part of the game, but if you care about this sort of thing just be aware of it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

stev posted:

Wait he’s fine? He sounds villainous but that’s just kind of what that character is at that point

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

stev posted:

whoa that's a little extreme dude

I was gonna joke that Grimoir Noir is just that "TRAITOR!" stormtrooper from star wars but then I remembered this game predates that movie by half a decade :kiddo: He just loves to torment Weiss is all

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The gardening/flower thing is just for an achievement, it's not tied to any endings, you don't have to worry about it if you don't want to (and if you do want to, you don't have to do it in the first half)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait he’s fine? He sounds villainous but that’s just kind of what that character is at that point

It's just so cheesy and Saturday morning cartoon villain that it stands out. I don't know who the VO is but it's the sort of voice you'd expect to hear advertising Street Sharks toys. Especially when he says Shadowlord.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the dialogue is cheesy Saturday morning cartoon villian so it fits

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Am I correct in that the complaint being levied against the talking evil magic book that shoots out magic fists and serves a man called the shadowlord is too unrealistic with its voice acting?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

beep by grandpa posted:

Am I correct in that the complaint being levied against the talking evil magic book that shoots out magic fists and serves a man called the shadowlord is too unrealistic with its voice acting?

Yes :colbert:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Noir is DC Douglas isn't it? So Wesker and Kamoshida in Persona 5. I thought it was a completely fine performance.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

(even tho i disagree i respect you rollin with it in good fun)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Well that's all weapons upgraded. The remaining bits of the Plat will be a breeze in comparison probably

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

stev posted:

It's just so cheesy and Saturday morning cartoon villain that it stands out. I don't know who the VO is but it's the sort of voice you'd expect to hear advertising Street Sharks toys. Especially when he says Shadowlord.

Imagine saying this and thinking it's some kind of own or insult lmao

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Starsnostars posted:

Noir is DC Douglas isn't it? So Wesker and Kamoshida in Persona 5. I thought it was a completely fine performance.

He's also Pod 042 in Automata

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sharkitten posted:

Well that's all weapons upgraded. The remaining bits of the Plat will be a breeze in comparison probably

The thing is (post-ending spoilers) the best weapon in the game is gated behind the final ending

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 13, 2021

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

The gardening/flower thing is just for an achievement, it's not tied to any endings, you don't have to worry about it if you don't want to (and if you do want to, you don't have to do it in the first half)

beep by grandpa posted:

You don't have to garden anything to beat the game or see all the endings. There is a part of the game where you have to get something called "vapor moss" and (ONLY MECHANICAL SPOILERS, NOT STORY SPOILERS): as soon as you get the vapor moss, it triggers a point of no return for any side quests you have open. You cannot gently caress yourself over out of any endings or weapons from incomplete sidequests from this part of the game, but if you care about this sort of thing just be aware of it.

Thanks for the help!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zack Ater posted:

gently caress!!!

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Strange question about the new part of the game:

When you find the kitchen on the ghost boat there is a note saying "extra rice no peppers" and then they comment on how well the crew must eat. Have I just been internet poisoned that i stopped and wondered if it was some bizarrely obscure Pizzagate reference?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

mrfreeze posted:

Strange question about the new part of the game:

When you find the kitchen on the ghost boat there is a note saying "extra rice no peppers" and then they comment on how well the crew must eat. Have I just been internet poisoned that i stopped and wondered if it was some bizarrely obscure Pizzagate reference?

That doesn’t make much sense to be honest. It could be that peppers are notorious in Japan for being a food kids stereotypically don’t like, like broccoli in America. Maybe a reference to the secret passenger being a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

The thing is (post-ending spoilers) the best weapon in the game is gated behind the final ending

Hell, what's one more after everything else?