Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
e:woops, nah

Good Citizen has issued a correction as of 04:51 on May 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Indian Nationalists haven't suffered enough yet.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

fits my needs posted:

wtf is antiracism training

judging by her tweets its where you learn to love the israelis and hate their oppressors, the palestinians

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
spoiler for art titties

Somebody has issued a correction as of 23:09 on May 15, 2021

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

gonna turn this into the GBS india thread

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Good Citizen posted:

spoiler for art titties

nick was right

Somebody has issued a correction as of 23:09 on May 15, 2021

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

lumpentroll posted:

I remember the Indian guy who countered the stories of rape gangs with "look how pretty Mumbai is from a distance"

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Chuka Umana posted:

I'm surprised Hezbollah isn't making moves now since they have the real firepower that can get past the iron dome.

Aren't they a bit stretched thin in Syria helping Assad hold his heap of ruins? I don't know I stopped following the Syrian conflict about 2 years ago.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I wonder if John Oliver will make a video about how Israel is the devil...

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1392686145029304321?s=20

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

lumpentroll posted:

lets not. i already regret posting that

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Embrace Xi's radical centrism.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lmao

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

you hate to see it, but let's be honest: china will value profit over taking an ethical stance. they are capitalists, after all

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chairman Xi my people long for the sea

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/zzxang86/status/1384813810469326852

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lumpentroll posted:

Better to poo poo a day on your feet, than a lifetime on your rear end

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the US is working to turn Lebanon to ruins too
https://twitter.com/sarahlazare/status/1294313857041694722?s=20

quote:

The most immediate causes of the current crisis began to appear around 2016, when perennial head of the Lebanese central bank, Riad Salameh, a powerful figure backed by Washington, began what he called ​“financial engineering” measures to increase the central bank’s hard currency reserves. Since his appointment in 1993, after having worked for Merrill Lynch, Salameh’s prime directive has been to maintain the lira peg to the dollar at all costs.

But by the late 2010s, Lebanon was already a country of runaway consumption, importing roughly $20 billion and exporting approximately $3 billion. To cover such a huge trade deficit and pay off the ballooning foreign debt, while also maintaining a stable lira, Salameh offered high interest rates to attract billions of dollars to Lebanon’s banks.

Already, Lebanon enjoyed several significant streams of hard currency that helped Salameh in his herculean task. The largest of these was remittances from Lebanese working abroad, mainly in the Gulf and West Africa, who sent home around $8 billion annually (not counting what is estimated to be an equivalent amount that came into the country by other means). Billions more came from exports, tourism, international aid and loans, and Arab — particularly Syrian — capital deposited in Lebanese banks.

In 2016, due to a variety of reasons, the flow of hard currency started to dry up at a frightening pace, prompting the central bank’s ​“financial engineering” measures. This only had the effect of kicking the problem down the road in the hope that the coming years will bring about some sort of reprieve. Instead, the country’s economy continued to deteriorate, and pressure on the lira intensified, until the inevitable reckoning arrived in the final months of 2019.

U.S. pressure, in the form of a wide array of sanctions and increased scrutiny of Lebanon’s financial system, was one decisive factor that made many Lebanese abroad — and any foreign investor, for that matter — think twice about sending money home or depositing it in Lebanese banks. Washington claimed that the Lebanese resistance party Hezbollah and the Syrian régime, both under U.S. sanctions, were using Lebanese banks to launder money or funnel dollars from abroad to fund their activities.

Given that Lebanon’s financial system is heavily dollarized (75% of bank deposits are in U.S. dollars), Washington’s influence over the sector is near total. In just one example, two well-established financial institutions sanctioned by the U.S. Treasury Department — the Lebanese Canadian Bank (accused of laundering drug money for Hezbollah in 2011) and Jammal Trust Bank (alleged to have facilitated the financing of Hezbollah in 2019) — were liquidated without hesitation by the central bank, and without the slightest protest from Lebanese officials.

Sanctions against Hezbollah and Syria have been around in one form or another for decades, but the Trump administration has taken them to new heights. Since launching its ​“maximum pressure” campaign against Iran in 2018, the administration has unleashed a relentless barrage of wide-ranging and crippling sanctions against Tehran’s allies in Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. Iran and Syria, with their relatively closed and largely state-run economies, are better able to cope with sanctions than a laissez-faire country like Lebanon that is integrally tied to Western capital.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

get a load of the huge balls on china over here

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/PSCupdates/status/1392199687365664771

oohhhhhhh jeremy corrrrrbyn

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
gonna prune the blades off dem israeli copters with my improvised can opener

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/BrunoRguezP/status/1392173477038276608?s=20

quote:

#CubaFlag of Cuba strongly condemns Israel's indiscriminate bombing of the population #palestinaFlag of Palestinian Territories in Gaza and denounces the permanent support of the United States for these crimes.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Chuka Umana posted:

Does anyone know where I can find a list of actions across the US?

I posted one some pages ago. look at my post history itt.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nonsense posted:

Indian Nationalists haven't suffered enough yet.

It's been pretty funny how they tried to buck up as a regional power only to be humiliated by both Pakistan and China, but I don't think they really "get" humility.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/jaarreaza/status/1391941750122553346

quote:

#COMUNICADO| Venezuela condemns the new violent actions against the Palestinian people by Israel, and makes an alert call to the international community, reaffirming its historical position in defense of the sovereignty, independence and self-determination of Palestine

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Cuba having a better foreign policy than China, 60 years undefeated.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

remember when guaido trotted out a giant israeli flag for no reason

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Office Pig posted:

who

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Malleum posted:

Calling a jewish nation an apartheid state is exceptionally gross.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I'm way late with this but eat poo poo.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
sorry i meant to say the legitimately appointed venezuelan commandant

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AuroraIntel/status/1392691912621137920?s=20

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm way late with this but eat poo poo.

it was an oblique jab at d&d

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Office Pig posted:

Oh there was a reason for it alright. Flagging your support for Israel is a big signal to Uncle Sam that you'll kill anybody for a line on some Operation Condor cash.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
See: Brazil

I also saw at least one in the hong Kong protests:/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
some a you folks might wonder how the antisemites process all this and the answer is they don't actually care and just want to break apart people who can't fight back