Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Epic High Five posted:

Apropos of everything else, I'd be interested to hear about the fundamental evil of Culvers if there is any.

The midwest only really has Steak n Shake otherwise and that imploded for boring MBA reasons even if the original owner was solid and really cool

idk. the only biggish food chain i like is wendys because their burgers and nuggets tend to be decent/good. like sure its processed poo poo, but its fun sometimes.

i guess with the question of ethics and food. is there any good ethical dog foods. i don't even mean in the "because its meat/meat byproduct" i just mean from companies that don't test on dogs and stuff in some hosed up way? because my gf is looking for that.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

User Error posted:

I spent like 12 bitcoins on 20 hits of lsd back in the Silk Road days. Not bitter, no-sirree.

e: Worth it, that was a fun summer

some dudes spent 10,000 buttcoin on 2 pizzas from Papajohn's a ways back so don't beat yourself up. apparently that's like 600 million bucks worth now

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

olylifter posted:

some dudes spent 10,000 buttcoin on 2 pizzas from Papajohn's a ways back so don't beat yourself up. apparently that's like 600 million bucks worth now

It probably would never have been what it's worth now if people didn't make the jump back then.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TwoQuestions posted:

It probably would never have been what it's worth now if people didn't make the jump back then.

Money laundering would still be needed.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk. the only biggish food chain i like is wendys because their burgers and nuggets tend to be decent/good. like sure its processed poo poo, but its fun sometimes.

i guess with the question of ethics and food. is there any good ethical dog foods. i don't even mean in the "because its meat/meat byproduct" i just mean from companies that don't test on dogs and stuff in some hosed up way? because my gf is looking for that.

Wendy's is the only fast food company to refuse to agree to the Fair Food Program and buys tomatoes from suppliers known for human rights abuses. The Fair Food Program guarantees higher wages and better conditions for workers. Also their twitter sucks

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Live At Five! posted:

Wendy's is the only fast food company to refuse to agree to the Fair Food Program and buys tomatoes from suppliers known for human rights abuses. The Fair Food Program guarantees higher wages and better conditions for workers. Also their twitter sucks

Oh I never get tomatoes on mine

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Tomatoes from fast food seem to have the biggest "Should of thrown out already" ratio when ever I get anything with tomatoes.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
There is no ethical lunch under capitalism

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Kavros posted:

There is no ethical lunch under capitalism

The only ethical lunch, is a free lunch?

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

BigRed0427 posted:

Tomatoes from fast food seem to have the biggest "Should of thrown out already" ratio when ever I get anything with tomatoes.

I'm not convinced fast food tomatoes are even tomatoes. I've never seen tomatoes in any other situation that are so colorless, tasteless, and limp.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
So we're talking about this bullshit again even though the mods said stop? Alright then.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Oxyclean posted:

On the other hand, I feel like "I don't like their politics, but their food is just too good" or other similar statements are botheringly common that I'd rather assume its some kind of artificial viral marketing strategy.

Granted, less so now, but there was a time that anytime Chick Fil A came up, you'd get people saying something to the effect.

do you talk to a lot of people of color?

Edit: sorry mods. Posted before I saw the warning

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 13, 2021

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Do Republicans still meet daily at Tortilla Coast?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Live At Five! posted:

i just get plain cheeseburgers because i am a weird gently caress. but yeah thats really hosed up.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
I do not even MENTION crypto on my social media and my Facebook ads are swamped with awful ads for crypto investment. Crypto cards. Crypto investment software and apps. Hot new crypto to invest in. Horrible manchildren doing the doge meme straightfaced to get people to invest.

The pump is on, and they're going hard and to a wide audience. We are way beyond the "getting crypto investment tips from our shoeshiner" period.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Kavros posted:

I do not even MENTION crypto on my social media and my Facebook ads are swamped with awful ads for crypto investment. Crypto cards. Crypto investment software and apps. Hot new crypto to invest in. Horrible manchildren doing the doge meme straightfaced to get people to invest.

The pump is on, and they're going hard and to a wide audience. We are way beyond the "getting crypto investment tips from our shoeshiner" period.
Yeah on my Twitter app it's like at least half crypto ads

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Here in HK there are even crypto ads on trams and billboards. Not for a specific company, just like, uh, a bitcoin ad on a tram. I even saw a bitcoin cocktail bar.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
LOL the SEC doesn't even enforce illegal naked shorting rules on poo poo that is actually regulated. They ain't even going to touch crypto manipulation, especially when their billionaire friends will benefit.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

There is a Bitcoin ATM at one of my local grocery stores. I'm not exactly sure what it does, since even fractional coins are way more than your average grocery bill. And that's even assuming the store takes them.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Shooting Blanks posted:

There is a Bitcoin ATM at one of my local grocery stores. I'm not exactly sure what it does, since even fractional coins are way more than your average grocery bill. And that's even assuming the store takes them.

Apparently there are a lot of those around. When I was playing poker online I looked into changing currency with one since the site was offering some ridiculous match deal.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Roadie posted:

What you're missing here is that the chud crowd never gave a poo poo about acting appropriately in the first place. They don't see the point of 'going back to normal' because they've been acting 'normal' (for chuds) the entire time.

Edit: Also, they're completely sure covid is a hoax even after it's already killed their parents with their dying breath as it kills them.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

There were reports from hospital workers that people would come in, struggling to breathe, and either still call covid a hoax or act incredibly surprised that it was real

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

goethe.cx posted:

There were reports from hospital workers that people would come in, struggling to breathe, and either still call covid a hoax or act incredibly surprised that it was real

There were reports from hospital workers of those people continuing to believe it was a hoax right up until they died from it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Bitcoin is infinitely extremely divisible to the point where you could get to grocery checkout levels, but I'm not sure what transaction fees look like these days.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 13, 2021

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Lead out in cuffs posted:

There were reports from hospital workers of those people continuing to believe it was a hoax right up until they died from it.

They might not have believed in Covid, but Covid believed in them.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why do I feel no fear from the 2022 midterm prospects?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Grouchio posted:

I wish I was you. Everyday is a loving struggle to try and not fixate on the fact the GOP has entirely lost their loving minds over a man who's currently obsessed with "junky horses" and are happy to dismantle our systems in his name.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Grouchio posted:

grouchio, by Kali's center left, center right, and upper left nipples, i will start probating you if you ask questions about reassurance

this is not a general rule, this is a you-specific rule

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

GreyjoyBastard posted:

grouchio, by Kali's center left, center right, and upper left nipples, i will start probating you if you ask questions about reassurance

this is not a general rule, this is a you-specific rule
Understood. It's just a weirdly calm feeling.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Flopsy posted:

I wish I was you. Everyday is a loving struggle to try and not fixate on the fact the GOP has entirely lost their loving minds over a man who's currently obsessed with "junky horses" and are happy to dismantle our systems in his name.

A lot can happen in a year. He might even die by then.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

A lot can happen in a year. He might even die by then.

From your lips to God's ears.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Elysiume posted:

Bitcoin is infinitely divisible, but I'm not sure what transaction fees look like these days.

i thought the satoshi was a hard floor to bitcoin divisibility. is there some sort of theoretical work around for it?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i thought the satoshi was a hard floor to bitcoin divisibility. is there some sort of theoretical work around for it?

The satoshi is 1e-8 bitcoins so even at $100k BTC/USD it would still only be 0.1 cents and let's just hope this bullshit ends before that even has a chance to matter.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Good point — it used to be effectively infinitely divisible when it was lower valued, but you're right.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Nonsense posted:

Do Republicans still meet daily at Tortilla Coast?

No, they’ve been meeting in the basement of a nearby pizza place for about 5 years now.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

The GOP has spent the last 7 months talking about how rigged and useless elections are, depressing possible turnout among their base. Furthermore, as seen in 2018 and Georgia runoffs, when Trump isn't on the ballot, tons of his weirdo brigade do not turn out to vote. 2022 isn't a foregone conclusion, but I'm not panicking given the way the GOP has been messaging re:voting and not having daddy on the ballot.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Proficient Scoundrel posted:

The GOP has spent the last 7 months talking about how rigged and useless elections are, depressing possible turnout among their base. Furthermore, as seen in 2018 and Georgia runoffs, when Trump isn't on the ballot, tons of his weirdo brigade do not turn out to vote. 2022 isn't a foregone conclusion, but I'm not panicking given the way the GOP has been messaging re:voting and not having daddy on the ballot.

Yeah, too many people are jockeying to be Trump 2.0 without having the various factors that all came together like a hosed up Captain Planet to manifest him in the first place.
They think if they just scream enough Nazi slogans that the chuds will rally to them like they did him without understanding that Trump built an entire mythos around himself that has been decades in the making.

Edit: Plus, Trump ran on building a cult of personality for himself. As long as he's alive, there can be no successor to the throne without his explicit say-so

the_steve fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 13, 2021

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Exactly. As much as Trump is a moron and actively self destructive, he is a shameless and wildly effective self promoter. He's similar to Elon Musk in that regard.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Proficient Scoundrel posted:

I'm still worried about Democratic voter turnout, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Eric Cantonese posted:

I'm still worried about Democratic voter turnout, though.

Look at it this way: that's one thing you, specifically, personally, along with others, can help out with by 2022!