Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
https://globe.adsbexchange.com/ is better than flightradar imo because it shows all the flights. FlightRadar doesn't show military flights even if they've got their transponders on, but I've spotted everything from T-38s to U-2s on adsbexchange. And more egregiously, FR has a program where rich people can pay to have their flights hidden from the interface. gently caress you Elon (N628TS) I see you flying to Europe in the middle of the lockdown.

FlightRadar has better coverage over the oceans but who cares about boring tubeliners going over the oceans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Real Amethyst posted:

Lol at rail getting a B.

It's B for broken

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Sagebrush posted:

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/ is better than flightradar imo because it shows all the flights. FlightRadar doesn't show military flights even if they've got their transponders on, but I've spotted everything from T-38s to U-2s on adsbexchange. And more egregiously, FR has a program where rich people can pay to have their flights hidden from the interface. gently caress you Elon (N628TS) I see you flying to Europe in the middle of the lockdown.

FlightRadar has better coverage over the oceans but who cares about boring tubeliners going over the oceans.

Right on, I like it. I'm still not seeing anything at PAED, even though I could hear massive bursts of F/A-18's (vibrating my apartment from 2 miles from the hold short lines) this morning, is there a way to go back in time with it?

spookykid fucked around with this message at 07:55 on May 13, 2021

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
D for dishes

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Lol at rail getting a B.

Come on, when's the last time we had a [Placename] Horror? It's just a bunch of nervous nellies nowadays :colbert:

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Since transit is a separate category, I'm assuming rail also considers freight rail, in which case a B is probably appropriate since America has a pretty well developed freight system.

Of course most of that used to also be passenger rail, and we've scrapped a lot of it as well because trucks are a blight on the nation, so it could be much better. But it's not terrible.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Those are fighting words in the truckfuckler thread.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Chocobo posted:

That's a funny definition of "cracked"?

It's split on 3/4 sides, but one side only does have a crack. If that side was split, too, the bridge would be in even worse shape.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Those are fighting words in the truckfuckler thread.

The trainfuckler always wins.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Log082 posted:

Since transit is a separate category, I'm assuming rail also considers freight rail, in which case a B is probably appropriate since America has a pretty well developed freight system.

right, the "rail" category is mostly just freight rail, of which america has a really great system

long distance passenger rail is in there too but, meh. it cant compete with commercial flight or just driving where you want to go

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah I've got OC Sheriff flying over my house 3x a day and all kinds of poo poo out of Camp Pendleton, and they never show up on FR. Gonna check out that other one you linked.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
seems like itd be easy to get a local ordinance passed to ground these pig planes. Who is going to go to bat for 24/7 surveillance police planes in the middle of a climate change crisis

*cut to america posing in a mirror, american psychoingly *

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

seems like itd be easy to get a local ordinance passed to ground these pig planes. Who is going to go to bat for 24/7 surveillance police planes in the middle of a climate change crisis

*cut to america posing in a mirror, american psychoingly *

ahahahahahahahahahahaha yeah, no even in areas which aren't fully chud, rich liberals love them some surveillance state cop bullshit.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

A fuel hoarder managed to light up their car

https://archive.is/FsJtn

(archive since they block EU visitors)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Lol at rail getting a B.

That was my exact reaction

repiv posted:

A fuel hoarder managed to light up their car

https://archive.is/FsJtn

(archive since they block EU visitors)

I am shocked, SHOCKED that this was a Hummer owner

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 13, 2021

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A buddy of mine had an H2 back in the day, and I was shocked to find that something so large could feel so cramped on the inside. Truly a wonder of engineering.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

they're actually making Blood Ocean?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

A buddy of mine had an H2 back in the day, and I was shocked to find that something so large could feel so cramped on the inside. Truly a wonder of engineering.

It's basically a Suburban or Yukon with an embarrassing cheap pseudo-military shell on top, right?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Imagined posted:

It's basically a Suburban or Yukon with an embarrassing cheap pseudo-military shell on top, right?

Yeah, it was basically just a body kit

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

boar guy posted:

they're actually making Blood Ocean?

https://twitter.com/_Brendonsmall/status/1392526330177097728

Edit, I ordered his new guitar for my sons upcoming 21st birthday and I think it was on the ever given because it was due like the end of March and is now due June/July.
https://www.andertons.co.uk/epiphone-brendon-small-ghosthorse-explorer-galaktikon-burst

its a good job his b'day isn't till Jan.

Fumble fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 13, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Wowee!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Fumble posted:

Edit, I ordered his new guitar for my sons upcoming 21st birthday and I think it was on the ever given because it was due like the end of March and is now due June/July.
https://www.andertons.co.uk/epiphone-brendon-small-ghosthorse-explorer-galaktikon-burst

that's a pretty badass 21st birthday present

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Fumble posted:

https://twitter.com/_Brendonsmall/status/1392526330177097728

LOL, I went to the live show and it was radical.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I want a Home Movies movie

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I want a Home Movies movie

They have multiple movies!

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Sagebrush posted:

Oh that's neat. I see you, Northrop Grumman RQ-4B Global Hawk flying laps from Greece and into Ukraine at 54k feet.
(Norway is incredibly empty, still - a couple of SAS flights into the big cities, some small Widerøe propeller planes on the west/north coast routes, an ambulance helicopter and two I guess are heading to the oil platforms.)

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qt0idgFejq1s1ddrj.mp4

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

gently caress that motorcyclist, they got everything they deserve.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

mycomancy posted:

The kid riding on the back didn't.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

New Michael Bay movie looking uninspired

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The kid riding on the back didn't.

Call it a pre-emptive lesson.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Call it a pre-emptive lesson.

Motorcyclist: *holding up severed hand, coughing up teeth* That's... That's why you leave a note....

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

mycomancy posted:

Improper passing = a death sentance? Good to know, I guess.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Otteration posted:

Death sentence.

And yes, many times it is one if you're on a motorcycle and get hit head on by a vehicle.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Otteration posted:

Goons get insanely bloodthirsty when they see motorcycles or bicycles.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Yes, get in front of the uncontrolled, large, metal, rolling object. Genius idea.

Otteration posted:

I won't say they deserve to die, but gently caress them forever for trying to pass in what is clearly a no passing zone around a larger, view obstructing vehicle, on a road turning to the right where you can't see if there's oncoming traffic. They put their passenger at risk for no reason. Just wait a bit.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 13, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Otteration posted:

It's negligence. The rider was negligent with his and the passengers' safety. He blatantly tried passing in oncoming traffic, playing chicken with the other drivers, and he deservedly lost.

Ride a motorcycle and have fun, but don't go blaming someone else when you cross the line into oncoming traffic.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Usually there's a reason why there's a solid white line, and that reason is that it's a very bad idea to pass there

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Goons get insanely bloodthirsty when they see motorcycles or bicycles.

Whatever goes upon two wheels is an enemy.

Whatever goes upon four wheels or has wings, is a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Anything on wheels is an enemy. Including my own car or bike.

Especially my own car or bike.