Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Pwnstar posted:

In Sea of Thieves if you get too drunk your character will constantly projectile vomit and if you hit someone in the face it blinds them for a second so naturally whenever I'm not piloting the ship I am the worst shipmate of all time.

you can puke into your bucket and save it for an opportune moment later :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am teetotal, but my vice is that I love ginger beer pepsi max the most. Followed by strawberry second. It is a shame you can only get strawberry max on fountains and not to take home.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

VideoGames posted:

I am teetotal, but my vice is that I love ginger beer pepsi max the most. Followed by strawberry second. It is a shame you can only get strawberry max on fountains and not to take home.

yesss. teetotal buddies :hfive:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Doesn't even taste like strawberry

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I rarely drink because of all the meds I'm on but when I do I generally enjoy a small bit of rum. Rum's my favorite.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Folks, Konami is more profitable than ever. They cannot be stopped

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jay Rust posted:

World of Warcraft has the most fun drunken mechanics that I’ve seen

The screen gets blurry
Your character drifts to the side a little when you run forward
In chat, your “s”s will randomly become “sh”s and sometimes you’ll get a “...hic!” added
Enemies’ level will be displayed a few levels lower than what they actually are

Pwnstar posted:

In Sea of Thieves if you get too drunk your character will constantly projectile vomit and if you hit someone in the face it blinds them for a second so naturally whenever I'm not piloting the ship I am the worst shipmate of all time.

There was a MMO that was based on Wuxia that had a martial art where you would puke on your enemies and you'd give them nasty debuffs. There was a goon presence on it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barudak posted:

Folks, Konami is more profitable than ever. They cannot be stopped

Pachinko? More like pa-cha ching!-ko

Barudak
May 7, 2007

stev posted:

Pachinko? More like pa-cha ching!-ko

Videogames for them alone were up 33%

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Doesn't even taste like strawberry

Blue raspberry/apple licorice tastes nothing like either big they’re still good as poo poo. :colbert:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Barudak posted:

Videogames for them alone were up 33%

what's selling? mobile stuff?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rinkles posted:

what's selling? mobile stuff?

Yu-Gi-Oh, that boardgame for switch thats sold more than 3 million copies in Japan, some esports thing they did.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Kerrzhe posted:

yesss. teetotal buddies :hfive:

Teetotal here too with Cherry Coke as my fave, though it's been forever since I've drank any. Mostly I just drink tea.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Earl grey or an iced latte for me

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I’m not super big on alcohol so my go-to drink is probably pomegranate juice or hibiscus flavored herbal tea. When I’m not drinking water, usually doing a lot of that.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Water and then too much coffee is my day to day, but I also like a soda once in a while, sometimes you just wants that sugar.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Fizzy juice makes me understand alcoholism a little more, not to make light of a serious disease but if i have it in the house ill find myself drinking it without even thinking.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

They changed the taste of cola zero and I'm mad about it. Now it just tastes like coca cola, which is too sweet.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if you want to watch hololive do a 30 minute monster hunter rise commercial, boy are you in luck. even has english subs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrdkXgPk0cc

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I used to drink a lot of alcohol and now I don’t anymore. Not for any particular reason, I just don’t enjoy it

So my drink of choice is Red Bull. I fuckin love Red Bull. After that, Baja Blast.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

wuggles posted:

I used to drink a lot of alcohol and now I don’t anymore. Not for any particular reason, I just don’t enjoy it

So my drink of choice is Red Bull. I fuckin love Red Bull. After that, Baja Blast.

buddy let me tell you about g-fuel it's specially formatted for gamers to provide hours of clean energy use the discount code SNU for 30% off powders and 20% off cans this week only

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
So I bought a DualShock 3 to play PS3 games (Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection) and let me tell you, that controller was really poorly designed. Feels so small in the hand and has really awful triggers. The DS4 and from what I understand the PS5 controller are massive improvements.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

wuggles posted:

Yeah, I know red bull is just as bad as soda but I loving love it and I drink too much. The peach-nectarine one are great, so are the dragon fruit ones but I also love og red bull too.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Energy drinks taste weird and are too sweet

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have never tried a monster or one of those big huge energy can drinks you can see with weird text and colours all over them.

Maybe one day.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Energy drinks taste weird and are too sweet

This is actually why I like red bull, I don't think it's overly sweet and I like the taste. Stuff like Rockstar or Bang are wayyyy too much for me and taste like they're loaded with artificial sweeteners which I can't stand.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'm a tiny bit heartbroken to learn there's no general Disgaea megathread any more, but NIS brought this on themselves. Whatever the case, I saw this article today,

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/05/11/994024753/why-this-world-food-prize-winner-wants-you-to-reconsider-anchovies

...and felt as though Valvatorez got a bit of vindication for his Netherworld improvement strategy.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

So I bought a DualShock 3 to play PS3 games (Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection) and let me tell you, that controller was really poorly designed. Feels so small in the hand and has really awful triggers. The DS4 and from what I understand the PS5 controller are massive improvements.

Idk how it even works because they even freaking LOOK the same but yeah, the DS4 is just the right size and the DS3 feels like one step removed from an SNES controller size-wise.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

buddy let me tell you about g-fuel it's specially formatted for gamers to provide hours of clean energy use the discount code SNU for 30% off powders and 20% off cans this week only

i tried this code and for some reason the order costs 30% more now

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
One time when I was feeling absolutely destroyed before I had to work I thought I'd try one of those energy drinks that also has done of the stuff that is in those "pre-workout" powders and the end result was feeling like I didn't get paid enough to work as hard as I would need to in order to burn off all that energy.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

This is actually why I like red bull, I don't think it's overly sweet and I like the taste. Stuff like Rockstar or Bang are wayyyy too much for me and taste like they're loaded with artificial sweeteners which I can't stand.

To be fair I've only drunk monster, it is absolutely vile in a "this feels like it doesn't belong in my body" kinda way

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This evening my bestie, my other bestie, and I are going to play Barotrauma and attempt to pilot a submarine. I have chosen to be medic.

Also I am going to get a can of one of these weird energy drinks on the way home when I fill up my car and see how well I can heal people while experiencing whatever burst of energy they do. Good gaming ahead :hai:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

VG going to be posting at like midnight east coast US time all hopped up on gamer juice

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

VG going to be posting at like midnight east coast US time all hopped up on gamer juice

I will have commandeered the submarine, renamed it THE DOCTORS STEED and be pointing it to the south pole full speed ahead. Some real baroTRAUMA about to happen!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Barotrauma can be a lot of fun with a good crew.
It is at its best when everything goes wrong and you are just barely holding on, then you notice someone hasn't talked for a while and crewmembers start dying mysteriously.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Vg getting blasted on Dragon soop

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

sorry friend the only hucksters I buy g fuel from are anime girls

S (discontinued): Cranberry, winter spiced cranberry
A: Dragonfruit, coconut, arctic berry, watermelon
B: Original, peach, orange, blue
C: Tropical, pear

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

So I finally got back onto 13 Sentinels after dropping it at the end of last year for various reasons, primarily related to Cyberpunk 2077. I'm around ~80% completion on Remebrance and I think the entire Destruction wing of the game is bad and makes it a worse overall experience. I don't think the combat is fun or interesting and it's ugly to look at. It ruins the pacing because you're expected to self-pace the combat, which ended up with me totally ignoring it until I was forced to play it for further unlocks and resenting that it even exists. I probably wouldn't have much issue with it if it was actually broken up and placed in the narrative in interesting spots, but it isn't. That all being said, I think the story of the game is so good that I'm willing to slog through the combat stuff to keep going. I can say that now, even without being done with it, 13 Sentinels is probably going to be one of the best games I play this year, but it doesn't really raise to the level of the all-time greats for me.

Extreme caveat that I'm not quite done yet so this opinion may change.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon, I am in the same boat as you with the combat for 13 Sentinels. I wish VanillaWare had put more effort into that portion of the game, it should have just been a graphic adventure title if they didn't want to care about it, but the combat is what is always so good about their games, so i'm really surprised by the total 180 with this title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

About 9 hours into Nier Replicant, and I don't really know how I feel about this game. I get that it's a remaster of a PS3 game that is pretty old now, so i'm trying to be fair, but Automata is just so much better in every way. I loved Automata, it was my favorite game when it came out, and is one of my all time favorite games ever. It also doesn't help that I learned in order to see all endings in Replicant, you have to collect all 33 weapons. I really do not like requirements like this, and maybe its not as bad as it sounds, its better that I learn this now and can be prepared for it.