Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I only played ME3 once, so I never played the extended ending or citadel DLC. What does the extended ending actually add? Wondering if I should play it as normal or go with that mod that simplifies the ending and then has the citadel dlc act as the epilogue.

It no longer slam cuts from a tri-colored light show to Buzz Aldrin demanding that you unwashed gamer fucks better buy some goddamn DLC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

8one6 posted:

It no longer slam cuts from a tri-colored light show to Buzz Aldrin demanding that you unwashed gamer fucks better buy some goddamn DLC!

lol I forgot about that part. They changed the "plz buy our dlc" post script to "Thanks for playing our game. We're kind of sorry (but not really)."

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Sankara posted:

I'd be fine if they took out punching the reporter. That was always really loving weird.

The whole thing is definitely weird but if you had to leave it intact you could greatly improve it by just removing the final Renegade interrupt in ME3, which really, really sucks.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Instead of punching the reporter, Shepard puts them into a camel clutch until they tap out.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Rynoto posted:

Casually pushing a lackey out the empty window of a skyscraper.

He was Eclipse, don't they have to murder someone to make the cut? gently caress that guy. Speaking of which, taking the interrupt on that Asari in the Samara mission always felt hilariously over the top for the way it's 3 folks armed to the teeth calmly blasting the absolute crap of one woman with a dinky little pistol.

Also, we do not stand of Vega dissing in this house. For a guy certain to be awful and unloved (a cocky meathead taking up limited space on a beloved crew in the final instalment) he somehow managed to be a delight. Plus I will never not love his thoughtful and considered approach to 'hacking'.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
So it look like a couple of hours before it unlocks in Australia.

It's a little hard and emotional for me. Last month mum passed away. And this is the first big entertainment product to release that I have been waiting for. I really love Mass Effect so this really is the first time outside of family time and rewatching Big Trouble in Little China that I'm doing something that will spark so much joy.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

kilus aof posted:

So it look like a couple of hours before it unlocks in Australia.

It's a little hard and emotional for me. Last month mum passed away. And this is the first big entertainment product to release that I have been waiting for. I really love Mass Effect so this really is the first time outside of family time and rewatching Big Trouble in Little China that I'm doing something that will spark so much joy.

Sorry to hear mate. Enjoy it.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Pattonesque posted:

real quick:

1. ME3 endings cause Gamers to go completely bonkers
2. A lot of those same Gamers (some of the same youtubers IIRC, like that smudboy guy) go completely bonkers over Gamergate
3. Steve Bannon sees Gamergate as proof that young men online (Gamers) can be radicalized
4. Bannon mobilizes a lot of those young men in the campaign to get Donald Trump elected president

Should have been clearer, I meant 'How are you reading my mind like this?/I thought I was the only one.'

I guess GG types and Trump supporters give off the same kind of radiation.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Editing out potential derail.

Jows fucked around with this message at 13:00 on May 13, 2021

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Answering your question will only lead to everyone posting their opinion about Gamergate and not even the mass effect thread deserves that.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
If you are getting the game on Xbox you can now promise you're on a New Zealand vacation in the settings and the game will unlock for you.

Also apparently the embargo for reviews is now up - basically everyone only got it a couple of days ago so I don't think we'll see reviews anytime soon.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Remaster of ME1 so far is my brain telling me "this is how I remember it looking".

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Is there any word if the Legendary Edition will have ability for simultaneous mouse+gamepad input on PC for each entry of the series? I would unironically play the series again with gyro aiming for the novelty of it. Someone else might prefer the analog movement but rather aim on mouse. I know you can set it up for Steam in the old series but that nets you all keyboard/mouse controls and WASD emulated on a stick/dpad is terrible. And I know there are mods for gamepad input for PC but they disable all keyboard/mouse input. In fact mouse/PC vs gamepad/console have different sets of balancing values where PC is given inherent -accuracy at least in Mass Effect 2.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Sankara posted:

I'd be fine if they took out punching the reporter. That was always really loving weird.

It was kinda funny to do the first time, but every subsequent playthrough I don't do it because man, it's such a weird thing to do.

If they wanted to include punching someone on tv or something they shouldn't done it like Buzz Aldrin punching the fake moon landing dude

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Haven't seen any confirmation of this, though some people have gotten the PC review code recently, so we may hear for sure on this soon.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Elvis_Maximus posted:

It was kinda funny to do the first time, but every subsequent playthrough I don't do it because man, it's such a weird thing to do.

If they wanted to include punching someone on tv or something they shouldn't done it like Buzz Aldrin punching the fake moon landing dude

I feel like the tone of it is trying to be "hell yeah, Renegade Shepard doesn't take being slandered lying down!" but it just absolutely comes off as "Renegade Shepard persecutes journalists and has brutal, authoritarian instincts".

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Thom12255 posted:

Remaster of ME1 so far is my brain telling me "this is how I remember it looking".

The side by side photos they released definitely gave me the "we're trying to match your memories, not the original directly" vibes.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Android Blues posted:

I feel like the tone of it is trying to be "hell yeah, Renegade Shepard doesn't take being slandered lying down!" but it just absolutely comes off as "Renegade Shepard persecutes journalists and has brutal, authoritarian instincts".
It's all exacerbated by how Shepard just casually approaches her, throws an absolute haymaker of a punch without any warning, then saunters back and turns around, waiting expectantly for her response - all without a single word. It feels completely mechanical and thus extremely sociopathic.

Soylent Pudding posted:

The side by side photos they released definitely gave me the "we're trying to match your memories, not the original directly" vibes.
I believe they explicitly said something along those lines.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Uhhh maybe don't try to load your old Mass Effect PC saves in the Legendary collection

Ars Technica posted:

After booting a ME3 save file and skipping to a major Reaper showdown in order to test its PC performance, I quit to the top-level launcher and clicked on ME2 with designs on reliving some of its tough-decision moments, perhaps in the Collector Base. Instead, MELE made the tough decision for me: No more trilogy.
code:
Too many computers have accessed this account's version of DisplayName field missing from registry. recently. Please try again later.
Everything I did led to that awkward error message appearing on my primary testing PC, including: logging out of and back into Origin, restarting my system, deleting my entire save-game directory, disabling Origin's cloud-save functionality, uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game, and even claiming an additional early-unlock code for the game on my Origin account.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/05/mass-effect-legendary-edition-tests-thoughts-and-a-10-am-edt-twitch-stream/

Rest of it sounds pretty aces, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Although an option you can't disable making a 2070 struggle isn't so good.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Although an option you can't disable making a 2070 struggle isn't so good.

It's a laptop 2070, which is really more akin to a 2060 in performance. I agree that you should be able to turn it off, though.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
That's one of those

"You really should have known to not do that, but also they really should have known someone would try it"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I always thought we should have gotten a choice to get the reporter in 3 instead of the IGN person, which could have been an interesting plot where you could be challenged on the choices you made and have a platform to sell them, and she could eventually change her mind maybe too?

Alternatively let her interview the other crew mates.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Dessel posted:

Is there any word if the Legendary Edition will have ability for simultaneous mouse+gamepad input on PC for each entry of the series? I would unironically play the series again with gyro aiming for the novelty of it. Someone else might prefer the analog movement but rather aim on mouse. I know you can set it up for Steam in the old series but that nets you all keyboard/mouse controls and WASD emulated on a stick/dpad is terrible. And I know there are mods for gamepad input for PC but they disable all keyboard/mouse input. In fact mouse/PC vs gamepad/console have different sets of balancing values where PC is given inherent -accuracy at least in Mass Effect 2.

Confirmed on Arstechnica stream to work!

https://twitch.tv/arstechnica

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Aaaaaaa how am I gonna kill 13 hours aaaaaaaaaaa

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
When does this unlock on PC?

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

axeil posted:

When does this unlock on PC?

11am Eastern on Origin

I think Steam releases are at 2?

Edit well poo poo. Websites are saying Steam won’t release until 9am on Saturday. Is that correct?

screech on the beach fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 13, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Steam version is also Origin, so it should be the same. It's showing a lot of people a May 15th unlock date though it seems.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Steam says 9pm~ Friday evening, EST. Origin says AM. It's hopefully just a bug/accident in Steam's info but no real confirmation yet

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Origin reports 17:00 hours (5:00 PM) CET for me.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

Aphrodite posted:

The Steam version is also Origin, so it should be the same. It's showing a lot of people a May 15th unlock date though it seems.

Does this literally mean that the full origin library/storefront loads every time? My only experience with Origin on Steam is Apex Legends, where I just needed to log into Origin through the game to play. It really has no other visible Origin overlay presence other than that.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I watched some of that stream. They barely did anything to ME1. Unfortunate.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
What do you mean? I don't think I've ever seen a remaster as extensive as the one for ME1. ME2 and 3 look like they got a fresh coat of paint and that's it but ME1 seems fairly substantial.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

If you're at all interested on what a shitshow LE is going to be to mod/port mods to, Mgamerz, the dude who developed most of the currently-used ME modding tools, has been pulling the Legendary Edition files apart with help from the ME Modding Discord community and results have been predictably mixed. Time will tell if BioWare's promise to reach out to and teach key people how to mod Legendary Edition is anything but bullshit because Mgamerz would probably be the #1 person on that list to contact and he hasn't heard poo poo from anyone officially linked to BioWare yet.

i'm not surprised at all. i thought i remember reading a while back this was supposed to be addressed but just typical of ea and :bioware: today. def. taking a wait and see approach before giving them any money.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Waltzing Along posted:

I watched some of that stream. They barely did anything to ME1. Unfortunate.

Turn on your monitor?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Cross-Section posted:

Uhhh maybe don't try to load your old Mass Effect PC saves in the Legendary collection

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/05/mass-effect-legendary-edition-tests-thoughts-and-a-10-am-edt-twitch-stream/

Rest of it sounds pretty aces, though.

He had to create a new Origin account and get another copy. Seems like it triggered the DRM to me. I assume like many EA games it uses Denuvo?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

No denuvo listed on Steam or Origin that I saw, and Steam just lists origin itself for DRM.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
If you bought this on Xbox and you are not in New Zealand you can just tell your Xbox that you are in New Zealand and you would like to play Mass Effect now and your Xbox will be like "okay, sure, sounds good, I guess you can play Mass Effect now."

e: Xbox stays winning I guess

e2: Excuse me Sovereign but I'm going to need to speak to your manager.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 13, 2021

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Doctor Nutt posted:

e: Xbox stays winning I guess

Yeah, playing a game a few hours early is definitely better than the best console exclusives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

bobjr posted:

I always thought we should have gotten a choice to get the reporter in 3 instead of the IGN person, which could have been an interesting plot where you could be challenged on the choices you made and have a platform to sell them, and she could eventually change her mind maybe too?

Alternatively let her interview the other crew mates.
You have already thought about this more than the developers have.