Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wasn't it rumored that Gunn and Abrams had basically been given the keys to the DC film universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Rhyno posted:

We unbanned those eggs ages ago.

No, the company just decided to make special eggs for the American market that don’t violate laws on toys in food containers.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The egg is the only good part anyways. It's weird - they use the same chocolate in their other creations but the egg always tastes better.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Wasn't it rumored that Gunn and Abrams had basically been given the keys to the DC film universe?

Yeah. Apparently Robbie has a large hand in things too now.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

That's cool. She was the only good thing in Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey was great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Karloff posted:

That's cool. She was the only good thing in Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey was great.

Jai Courtney does the work of his career in SS.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Rhyno posted:

come on Starman

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Knowing WB they'll do the fuckin Will Payton version.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Rhyno posted:

Knowing WB they'll do the fuckin Will Payton version.

I remember reading a brief for a proposed TV series about 15 or so years ago and the Shade wasn't going to be in it and Jack was gonna work at a record store and the whole thing was going to be painfully hip and cool and CW-like

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hmm, Gal Gadot is trending, wonder why… oh… yikes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What'd she do now

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

What'd she do now

Just her normal "Oh poor Israel!" propaganda during the worst moments possible that people always seem to end up forgetting about a few days later. Her timing on posting the most oblivious dumb things to social media continues to be impeccable.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I mean, she's israeli

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Justice League would just be Aquaman if any of this backlash ever stuck.

The Avengers would be just... Thor and Iron Man? Actually I'd rather see that then the first 2 Avengers movies anyway.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rufalo is bad? drat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rufalo is bad? drat.

Not really, with him it mostly comes from the other side.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rufalo is bad? drat.

I follow his twitter and he is mostly using his fame to do activism for Native American. The only "bad" thing I remember was him defending Bad Chris when he lost a Twitter poll. But then that incident felt more like a PR move.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah Ruffalo is very political on his social media so of course every once in a while he makes people mad. But they are the bad people, so…

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My friends, the movie you’ve all been waiting for is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ezfi6FQ8Ds

Got pretty excited when I spotted the Erik Larsen easter egg in the police station until I realized they spelled his name “Larson” :geno:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Robbie having more pull probably explains why facebook keeps suggesting that she wants the 2nd/3rd Harley Movie to feature Ivy. If they just take Ivy from the animated series, Lake Bell in life action and all, and make it basically supervillain Thelma and Louise with them being super gay explicit, sign me up.

Gunn could probably make a pretty fun X-men movie. Let him put together his own X-factor or X-force team and let him do his thing.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Collapsing Farts posted:

I mean, she's israeli

She is, but I try not to assume that every citizen of a monstrous regime endorses all monstrous acts by that regime. That would be rude.

If seemingly correct in this case.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Captain Oblivious posted:

She is, but I try not to assume that every citizen of a monstrous regime endorses all monstrous acts by that regime. That would be rude.

If seemingly correct in this case.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yea its pretty lovely for people to attack someone for being in the IDF because its literally the law that everyone has to join it. Now if you leave it and go "well, Israel has to defend itself from all those Palestinian children!" yea you can get hosed.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

Yea its pretty lovely for people to attack someone for being in the IDF because its literally the law that everyone has to join it.

To be absolutely fair, conscientious objection is a thing. You might suffer social ramifications, but I don’t think they can legally compel you.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

It's just a very bad bit of both sides-ism under the guise of a general call for peace. It is better than her previous post from a few years ago but still obscures the truth of the matter.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if only her "neighbors" could end their hostility and her leaders could find a solution

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Karloff posted:

It's just a very bad bit of both sides-ism under the guise of a general call for peace. It is better than her previous post from a few years ago but still obscures the truth of the matter.

It's so thinly veiled. She couldn't even refer to Palestine by name.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Phylodox posted:

To be absolutely fair, conscientious objection is a thing. You might suffer social ramifications, but I don’t think they can legally compel you.
They can legally compel you. If you refuse service you can be sentenced to jail.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Alhazred posted:

They can legally compel you. If you refuse service you can be sentenced to jail.

You people would know this if you just read Taylor Swift Updates!!!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Collapsing Farts posted:

I mean, she's israeli

That's not really an excuse. When my government displaces natives or murders people I'm not out there going "our brave troops are the victims here" :cry:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Get rid of all the bad ones and make a movie where Thor and Hulk hang out with Aquaman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

Get rid of all the bad ones and make a movie where Thor and Hulk hang out with Aquaman.

Hey are you doing all right? You haven't brought up something I posted 7 years ago even once today.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

twistedmentat posted:

Yea its pretty lovely for people to attack someone for being in the IDF because its literally the law that everyone has to join it. Now if you leave it and go "well, Israel has to defend itself from all those Palestinian children!" yea you can get hosed.

Alhazred posted:

Just following orders

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If your choices are murder children or go to jail you should go to jail. It's a pretty easy situation, morally.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
This conversation is getting awfully d&d

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She had already been Ms Israel by that point so she was like a fitness instructor in the IDF or something.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Vince MechMahon posted:

If your choices are murder children or go to jail you should go to jail. It's a pretty easy situation, morally.

Israel does allow for conscientious objectors, they just make you jump through hoops to claim it. They also have notoriously lax mental health exception rules, so there are more than two choices.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Fangz posted:

This conversation is getting awfully d&d

D&D is pro-isreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

D&D is pro-isreal

That's a really unusual setting for a campaign.