Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Got my second Pfizer shot this afternoon. Managed to avoid any side effects from the first, so here’s hoping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANYTHING YOU SOW
Nov 7, 2009
For the under 40s booking vaccines, does it say anywhere what vaccine you will get? They said they will offer non astra-zeneca to all under 40s but im not sure how the booking system works with that?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

ANYTHING YOU SOW posted:

For the under 40s booking vaccines, does it say anywhere what vaccine you will get? They said they will offer non astra-zeneca to all under 40s but im not sure how the booking system works with that?

Nope, I guess they'll ask at the vaccination centre?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ANYTHING YOU SOW posted:

My centre does different vaccines on different days, so people having AZ can only book on a Wednesday or Thursday etc.

I'd already had my first dose of AZ so I didn't get any choice but the centre had a big banner up saying "Today's vaccine is..." like it's a special at a restaurant.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

where i live (north london) it says the uptake of adults is at 30% compared to 54% nationally, so I imagine it'll be a while before I get my vaccination (mid 30s)

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

kecske posted:

where i live (north london) it says the uptake of adults is at 30% compared to 54% nationally, so I imagine it'll be a while before I get my vaccination (mid 30s)

I'm in North London and mid-30s and just got a spot. Try out the NHS booker.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kecske posted:

Wouldn't a lower uptake mean you get it faster? Unless we're defining "uptake" to be synonymous with "vaccination"

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

please don't steal vaccine appointments, there are only so many nanobots to go around

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Camrath posted:

Got my second Pfizer shot this afternoon. Managed to avoid any side effects from the first, so here’s hoping.

I think AZ is bad first, fine second (for me it was feeling like I was hit by a truck first, some muscle pain second) but it's reversed for Pfizer. Good luck!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What happens if you get a Pfizer first dose and AZ second dose, so it's your first time being exposed to the modified adenovirus vector but you have some immunity to the spike proteins?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

Wouldn't a lower uptake mean you get it faster? Unless we're defining "uptake" to be synonymous with "vaccination"

Unless North London is mysteriously massively full of antivax people and covid deniers compared to anyone else, I suspect he meant 'have managed to be offered a jab' not 'were offered a jab and then decided whether or not to take it'. Certainly mine was like 3 weeks out when I booked in east London, so it might just be they're a lot busier round here.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Guavanaut posted:

What happens if you get a Pfizer first dose and AZ second dose, so it's your first time being exposed to the modified adenovirus vector but you have some immunity to the spike proteins?

you become a covid protein and can jump into people's mouths to take control of their bodies

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I just got my appointment for next week, honestly pretty surprised thought there'd be another month until the early 30s people to go through

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Website still asks me if I'm a social worker, alas.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57075503

Slightly increased chance of mild/moderate side-effects.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

jeff bezos and bill gates compete to turn you into a divorced robot

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Whoever came up with the "shedding DNA" conspiracy is a genius. It's got the nutjobs to start wearing masks.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Azza Bamboo posted:

Whoever came up with the "shedding DNA" conspiracy is a genius. It's got the nutjobs to start wearing masks.

Honestly, before the Pandemic I think I'd naively have imagined that the conspiracy nuts would be 100% all over wearing masks 24/7 to make it harder for them to use facial recognition to track you.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The UK officially being arseholes again...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/13/eu-citizens-arriving-in-uk-being-locked-up-and-expelled

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The EU should make a policy of parity.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
These days, if you say you're *checks notes* not English, they'll throw you in jail, these days :confused:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Glaswegians are awesome:

https://twitter.com/LadyCatHT/status/1392796182573879296?s=20

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Arseholes by policy: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/13/cruel-paranoid-failing-priti-patel-inside-the-home-office

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Just got my Pfizer yesterday at 38. Had a text a week back that looked like spam from "Clover group" turned out to be a local primary care Trust.

My arm really loving hurts. Like goddamn.

Then just now I got a text from the NHS saying I can now get my AZ jab.

One in each arm. Two very sore arms or immortality?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

It's growing

https://twitter.com/MeachRachel/status/1392812113865891840

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Score at least one success for the hostile environment policy there:

quote:

Eugenia said the experience was so traumatic that she had given up on trying to live with her boyfriend. “I’m not going back,” she said. “I don’t want to go through that again. The idea of moving to Britain appals me.”

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

^^^ She's better off staying away.

Second jab next Thursday.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

ANYTHING YOU SOW posted:

I think you just have to know what that specific vaccination center offers. Both my parents went to two different ones and got two different ones, so we know which one is the Pfizer center and which is the AZ center.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Still not got the letter for my second jab, but Scottish NHS site says next thursday. Hope that's the case.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I had my second (Pfizer) last week. When we went for our first jabs it was very quiet and we were in and out in 5 minutes (if not less). Last week the clinic (in Wood Green, N London) was really busy, and we had to wait in a line outside. It was fast and efficient still but the volume of people was many times greater. It took us about 30 minutes each. I felt a sore arm first time, this time I felt really tired the next day, but I often feel really tired so it is hard to know if that was a side effect.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
does anyone know of a safe environmentally friendly place in london to dispose of old phones? dont want my posts to fall into the wrong hands

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Fess up who is @haunted_eggs

This will all end in tears

https://twitter.com/haunted_eggs/status/1392834705783869445?s=19

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

This owns

We need so much more of stuff like this

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Camrath posted:

Also did Pfizer, wife and I each got what’s basically a nasty flu for 24-36 hours after our second shot and were then fine.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Beefeater1980 posted:

Also did Pfizer, wife and I each got what’s basically a nasty flu for 24-36 hours after our second shot and were then fine.

Well bugger. Did have a busy day planned tomorrow- finishing off the retail packaging for my first store order and taking three truculent moggies to a new vet.

Guess it’ll be a little delayed.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
so is it just us 'vulnerable' fucks and the 50-65's that got given the AZ vaccine that might be pretty poo poo against the Indian variant?
That's one way to get rid of us. Ah well.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Got the first jab today - Moderna in my case. Seems to be the least common of the 3 going round, I hope it doesn't kill me.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Moderna is the one that makes you shed entire clones of Bill Gates like that bit in Gremlins.

It seems to be one of the best ones against the India variant though, and is one of the ones they originally thought would be ready first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Someone less lazy than me should make some Covid vaccine top trumps.