Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Here’s my version of that from 2 days ago

Maybe not surprising, game was won off of double aghs black hole. Never ever count Enigma out of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
I'm terms of amazing moments like come from behind wins and really making some technical combo of suchlike, dota really is better than any game I've ever played. When it feels good it feels so loving good.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Corla Plankun posted:

I'm terms of amazing moments like come from behind wins and really making some technical combo of suchlike, dota really is better than any game I've ever played. When it feels good it feels so loving good.

IMO the feeling of controlling your dude in Dota is nonpareil.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

we get it, you're too busy fellating Gabe to put yourself into someone else's shoes
Dota is digital meth. Crazy highs, and your skin is sloughing off your body but could it go *faster* lows.

e: oh and everyone knows it's toxic but the addicts don't care

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DNK posted:

Here’s my version of that from 2 days ago

Maybe not surprising, game was won off of double aghs black hole. Never ever count Enigma out of the game.

Once I waited 40 mins for my enigma to use his black hole once, then he broke his items.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

sugar free jazz posted:

the frost sometimes it makes the blade stick bitch

Would someone explain this joke? I know it’s a Gladiator reference.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Should be one of the flavor lines Gladiator (Kunkka) in HoN says.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

That makes sense. Thanks!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

resistentialism posted:

All these warlock and spectre bundles I got that I never opened are worth 20+ canadian steam bucks.

Only if they sell, people put stuff up for like 50 that nobody buys all the time.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

broodmother is really fun now, i remember back when all she had going for her was lovely invisibility and the spiderlings while everything else was an afterthought and you hoped that no one was smart enough to buy sentry wards

now you're actually expected to be able to go in on people

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Neon Belly posted:

That makes sense. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk0Hgtx6toQ&t=24s

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

whoever put Meepo early in the all hero challenge can eat a fat dick for all eternity

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Syrinxx posted:

whoever put Meepo early in the all hero challenge can eat a fat dick for all eternity
I'm pretty sure it just starts at a random point in the cycle for each player.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Quote this post if you got your first rampage (genocide) as gladiator lul

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Hon voice: genocide!!

Me in 2021 leaning back in my computer chair, lolling "a little problematic but he'll, iconic. Haha"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Syrinxx posted:

It's actually extremely easy to win as meepo unless you're a league / EverQuest style nooblett

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

wtf that is not the gladiator voice I remember what is going on

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Smythe posted:

It's actually extremely easy to win as meepo unless you're a league / EverQuest style nooblett

Id be 1000x better at Meepo if they would just make a skin for him and all it is is a tshirt with the numbers 1-5 on the back

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

5 meepos, labeled 1-2-3-4-6

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Smythe posted:

I can't even win this fukin game controlling one guy, let alone controlling 4, any of whom kills me when their dumb rear end dies

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah some of us are perennial Guardian/Champion tier casuals who can’t be trusted to micro a bunch of units at once

Please respect our deficiencies

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Meepo isn’t actually that hard to play at a basic level. If you can play any illusion carry you can probably play meepo just fine. It’s harder now that they took away his absurd XP gain, but as long as you can shift click control groups through your farming patterns and then mash tab/w/sometimes q when you’re fighting you’ll get along well enough to do hero challenge stuff.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I mean, controlling Meepo isn't too hard, yes. But illusion heroes and other micro heroes don't die if 1 of your companions die.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I've said this a lot, but Valve's moderation policy is loving terrible. Here's a guy with a Pepe icon who after he and his friend got done telling someone they "weren't even human" for speaking Spanish, proceeded to give him advice on how to kill himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqSbyON137g

There's never any repercussion for this poo poo.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Not saying Valve does a great job but it's hard to police what people say over the mic in any game. You'd just be relying on automated reports like in Dota.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Nichael posted:

I've said this a lot, but Valve's moderation policy is loving terrible. Here's a guy with a Pepe icon who after he and his friend got done telling someone they "weren't even human" for speaking Spanish, proceeded to give him advice on how to kill himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqSbyON137g

There's never any repercussion for this poo poo.

Like I said, send that poo poo to steam support instead of the Dota2 mod team. An actual persons gonna look at it instead of whatever buck-passing machine they're using

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

TOOT BOOT posted:

Not saying Valve does a great job but it's hard to police what people say over the mic in any game. You'd just be relying on automated reports like in Dota.

Sure, but he also has a Pepe icon, and they were both saying a bunch of racist stuff. I hardly think this is his first time being reported.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Like I said, send that poo poo to steam support instead of the Dota2 mod team. An actual persons gonna look at it instead of whatever buck-passing machine they're using

I did, but I've done that a bunch recently when I have particularly egregious examples of racism, and never get a response.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
pepe icon isn't a litmus test for racism so you shouldn't treat it as such. it's almost completely taken over the 3rd party emotes on twitch with thousands of emote edits, so it should be treated more like a popular meme than an indicator that anyone using them are automatically racist.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Frida Call Me posted:

pepe icon isn't a litmus test for racism so you shouldn't treat it as such. it's almost completely taken over the 3rd party emotes on twitch with thousands of emote edits, so it should be treated more like a popular meme than an indicator that anyone using them are automatically racist.

Yeah but telling someone they are subhuman for speaking Spanish is a good sign they are racist.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Nichael posted:

Yeah but telling someone they are subhuman for speaking Spanish is a good sign they are racist.

sure is but their avatar isn't worth focusing on

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Frida Call Me posted:

It's one data point among many. It's no surprise someone saying that has that icon.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Nichael posted:

It's one data point among many. It's no surprise someone saying that has that icon.

okay feel free to ignore my advice to shape your complaint, go on then with your bad self. sorry that you found a racist in dota2 but you're playing dota2 so lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Frida Call Me posted:

okay feel free to ignore my advice to shape your complaint, go on then with your bad self. sorry that you found a racist in dota2 but you're playing dota2 so lmao

:ok:

But yeah, they suck.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Frida Call Me posted:

Frida Call Me posted:

Frida Call Me posted:

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

im simply very passionate about pepe, which has no associations or implications at all! i just love that little cartoon frog

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Use quickcast when you play meepo. And also at all other times.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Buck Turgidson posted:

i dont like it

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Buck Turgidson posted:

theres some skills quickfast feels mandatory on, spirit breaker charge for example

Nichael posted:

Sure, but he also has a Pepe icon, and they were both saying a bunch of racist stuff. I hardly think this is his first time being reported.

I did, but I've done that a bunch recently when I have particularly egregious examples of racism, and never get a response.

mute everyone

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

personally very concerned about defending the honor of the malformed cartoon frog,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

It’s telling someone who’s anti-racist to not be a bigot. That’s it.