Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dragongem posted:

I hate away games with 9/9 refs. Now three of my players are ineligible for my next game! Also killed my youth form.

Good set of games, Walamor!

This game is out to get me. My S9H9 game opponent was on Normal and still managed to get only 3 yellows -- and it was a draw off a 93' mishit shot while outchancing 2 to 1.

At least my form is solid and I'll be set up to dominate play in the bottom league next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

After barely winning at home, I was expecting a crushing defeat away at Carnival Flayers so I spent $500k on a new GK and put down a $400k win bonus hoping to recoup that if I won promotion to the Premier League Serie Goon. It just baaarely worked, the new GK 100% saved my rear end.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
5 shots to 1 and you won. This is not football /Mourinho

Walamor
Dec 31, 2006

Fork 'em Devils!

Dragongem posted:

I hate away games with 9/9 refs. Now three of my players are ineligible for my next game! Also killed my youth form.

Good set of games, Walamor!

You really pissed off the ref man. I saw you set normal aggression and knew you were in for a hurting, but even then, wow. 3 yellows and a red! I don't even know how I won that game - I was hoping for a draw!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I'm not sure I like this "not in last place" thing, it's scary

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I'm not sure I like this "not in last place" thing, it's scary

Said like a person who, unlike me, didn’t forget about the game again. Starting to worry my poor kids won’t get their playing time!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Walamor posted:

You really pissed off the ref man. I saw you set normal aggression and knew you were in for a hurting, but even then, wow. 3 yellows and a red! I don't even know how I won that game - I was hoping for a draw!

Usually I go normal even for 9/9 refs because the increase in play usually outpaces the cards. However, this time it caught up to me.

Big difference was that I had my baby goalkeeper in and paid for it.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 30, 2021

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Just got a relatively cheap relatively good defender with Frail. Disposable dude that shores up my horrible horrible horrible defense while potentially soaking up an injury from one of my youths in short seasons? Yes please.

e; Neither of my defense youths are particularly promising, I'm tempted to just start my defense over. Rest of the team is coming together, but yikes.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 30, 2021

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I love how sometimes the game rewards you for spending all of your money like it's Brewster's Millions.

quote:

Following a mistake at Her Majesty's Customs and Revenue, the club have been given a tax rebate to the value of 1 483 500 econ. This has been immediately given to the training and player purchase fund by the club's board of directors.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
whew, glad I pulled out that win versus the Verts. Now if the Devils and Verts could kindly have a draw on Monday so I can win Mr. Taupe A the same day, allowing me to throw all of my children out there next Thursday :v:

Rougher season form-wise but at least every youth player is still a +3, with most at +5/+6. The harder part next season will be raiding the old folks home again for more "mentors", since two of my old-timers are leaving this season.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 6, 2021

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I want to get of Retu Nagele B's wild ride. I want to get of Retu Nagele B's wild ride. I want to get of Retu Nagele B's wild ride. I want to get of Retu Nagele B's wild ride. I want to get of Retu Nagele B's wild ride.

Walamor
Dec 31, 2006

Fork 'em Devils!
Insane that there's only two matches left. What DV are we supposed to be aiming for with this short of a season? I thought I remembered getting people into double digits DV before.

Edit: From the rules:

"Development value
The development value shown on the player's page is a calculated value based on the player's average form and match experience during the season. If the development value is more than 10 bars then the player will increase his skill at the season update. If it is below 10 bars then the player's skill will be reduced."

10 DV seems insane for this short of a season. At least we're all in the same boat.

Walamor fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 6, 2021

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Walamor posted:

Insane that there's only two matches left. What DV are we supposed to be aiming for with this short of a season? I thought I remembered getting people into double digits DV before.

You still want the 5+ range, its just that its more concentrated in shorter seasons. Players who get suspensions or injuries can just get screwed.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Walamor posted:

DV gain is scaled to the length of the season, so with shorter seasons you get more DV per match. (Plus you get screwed over more from red cards and injuries so bruise with caution.)

For young players I've been shooting for +5 bare minimum, anything less than that and there's a chance they won't gain any visible skill points. +7 is my target since it's very achievable and gives you a decent shot at getting a double jump. +8 is doable too but I don't think I've ever gotten more than that.

edit: Oh yeah, I've clinched RNB, woohoo! Serie Goon is going to be rough next season.

Walamor posted:

Edit: From the rules:

"Development value
The development value shown on the player's page is a calculated value based on the player's average form and match experience during the season. If the development value is more than 10 bars then the player will increase his skill at the season update. If it is below 10 bars then the player's skill will be reduced."

10 DV seems insane for this short of a season. At least we're all in the same boat.

Remember that DV was changed very recently and that guide probably hasn't been updated since the original goon league, so 10 DV in the old system is 0 DV now.

bees everywhere fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 6, 2021

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

bees everywhere posted:

edit: Oh yeah, I've clinched RNB, woohoo! Serie Goon is going to be rough next season.

I feel like I was a few weird bad luck streaks away from giving you a run for it, but am currently fighting out of the last relegation spot. Almost want to go down for a reason to just have a dominating season while I rebuild my defense.

Walamor
Dec 31, 2006

Fork 'em Devils!

bees everywhere posted:

Remember that DV was changed very recently and that guide probably hasn't been updated since the original goon league, so 10 DV in the old system is 0 DV now.

Oh thank god! Awesome news.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Yeah so to summarize, for 16-20 yr old players:
-10 DV = Ouch
0 DV = No change
5 DV = 1 skill point gained
10 DV = 2 skill points? Idk

Then on top of that, everyone randomly gets between 0 and 0.2 added, so you could still get a double jump with 5 DV.

As they get older, they need more than 5 DV to get the full skill point.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

bees everywhere posted:

Yeah so to summarize, for 16-20 yr old players:
-10 DV = Ouch
0 DV = No change
5 DV = 1 skill point gained
10 DV = 2 skill points? Idk

Then on top of that, everyone randomly gets between 0 and 0.2 added, so you could still get a double jump with 5 DV.

As they get older, they need more than 5 DV to get the full skill point.

It's kind of impossible to quantify like this because players have a hidden decimal on their skill rating (which unless it's changed, was always rounded down) - You could get a double-jump off a low DV because someone's sitting at 4.8, or a high DV that stops just short of pushing them into the second skill bar but leaves them in a good position to double jump later.

It's also worth noting that anything above 6 or 7 DV becomes exponentially more difficult and assumes the player is blessed with youth, constant form training and sexual favours to the RNG. Just aim for as positive a DV as is achievable and feed the underperformers into the transfer market (or the wood chipper).

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

bees everywhere posted:

edit: Oh yeah, I've clinched RNB, woohoo!

That was rough, you knocked my free-kick ringer out of the season in the first five minutes

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Unicorn power if you could pull off a win in the next game I'd be very grateful :D

Edit: 4-0 would do it, 5-1 in a pinch

Rapner fucked around with this message at 10:56 on May 10, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
So do you want to hit the training button tomorrow or Wednesday on our youths to get them back into form straight after the CR?

Does seem quite tough on the DV - I've been playing my youth keeper all season and he's only on +6 with high average form. I'm guessing I might have to sell one of the kids next year to fund constant training.

Flayer fucked around with this message at 11:29 on May 10, 2021

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
IMO I generally have +6 as the goal and anything above that is basically just blessings from the heavens, because I'm pretty sure that requires 17+ form constantly.

Result wise, I basically have Mr. Taupe A locked up. Just need to not lose like, 8-0 or something.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bees, you got a great start of the season off the weird second half of that first game. How about paying it forward and just telling me what you're going to do? Seems bout fair.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I can now comfortably go all out kids in my final game, as whatever the result I can't finish anything but 3rd. Not going up, not going down.

Makes me wonder if I really want promotion to the top flight after all. I kinda worry I'd just get horribly spanked twice a week.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Nephzinho posted:

Bees, you got a great start of the season off the weird second half of that first game. How about paying it forward and just telling me what you're going to do? Seems bout fair.

Oh wow, if you beat me, then depending on the Flayers/Edgecom results, you would either win 2nd place w/ a possible promotion or you would win 3rd place and avoid relegation. But if our game ends in a draw or worse for you then you're relegated. So this is both a promotion and a relegation battle for you :lol:

My secret plan is to score lots of goals to try and win more end of season awards

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

bees everywhere posted:

So this is both a promotion and a relegation battle for you :lol:

Yeah it is super weird. This season could've gone very differently if not for a few weird results and strokes of horrible luck. I almost want to be relegated just to stomp on teams next season and springboard back up as my 17/5 grows.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Huh, did NOT expect to actually win that last game, but I will absolutely take it!

Very little to complain about this season. 8 wins, Mr. Taupe A title, and a great youth development spread. I really wish Castinha had gotten to +6 DV, but sometimes the form fairies just don't help. My 17/5 has a +8 (!!!!) and Malcolm Bean joined like after match 5 and somehow scored 5 goals and decided he wanted to be a big part of the future, so pretty much a full success all around. Kirin's the only low note but, eh, he wasn't exactly a lynchpin and can stick around still until maybe I sell him?

Should have some cash next season so I need to invest in a really good mid 20s midfielder and maybe another old folks home defender? My plans are starting to come into motion.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 12:03 on May 13, 2021

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

:discourse:

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
My DV went through the floor this season, oh well. LONG(er) TERM BUILDING PROJECT HERE WE GO

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Wow, nice! I can never keep my average form high enough for that. I got pretty close with my GK though:

5 training sessions for Drew Whincup and it wasn't enough to get to +6. Meanwhile I've only trained Federico Guti one time but he ended up with +6 last season and +4 this season, and he's in his 30's.

So will ABCDE FC or Edgecom FC be in Serie Goon next season? I wasn't sure if there would be a playoff game or not but there doesn't appear to be one so I'm guessing it goes by whoever has the most points, which would make ABCDE FC the winner.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
My 18/5 defender who played 7 full games finished on a grand total of 0 DV. Career over too young.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Coffee Beans end of season report: We're not last! Whoooooo!

DV results don't look awful, either. I have high hopes we're building a decent foundation here.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Subliminal Ninja posted:

My 18/5 defender who played 7 full games finished on a grand total of 0 DV. Career over too young.

Yeah my DV was shite this season. The 3 or 4 most important youth did fine at least.

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

Retu Nagele B was definitely a bit wild this season. Every team but the top 2 had more losses than wins. The highlight for me was definitely my rollercoaster 5-5 tie with last years RNB champs the capitalist pigs. I wish there was a playoff between ABCDE FC and me but it looks like it just goes to stats.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I'm pretty happy with second given how awful my start of the season was. Really need to beef up my defense.

Stats at end of season:

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Change reports are in!

Not ideal. Only the one double jump. Lots of rebuilding to do.

quote:

Emanuel Brocchi has decided to retire from the game. The player has simply lost interest in the game and wants to concentrate more on other things.

Farewell Emanuel - thank you for your many assists and goals.

quote:

Ulivo Sansonetti, Hlynur Ólafsson and Hank Kalimos have all decided that next season will be their last season with Norfolk-In-Chance. They look forward to playing their last season for Norfolk-In-Chance, but after that season retirement awaits.

gently caress. I guess it's time to go into rebuilding mode.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
One missed jump and no doubles but all round average positive. Not too bad, the build continues! My strikers are going to be a force in a few season.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
My change report wasn't amazing, but my 18/6 went to a 19/7 which is the only thing I *really* cared about. My veteran striker also went up which I'll definitely take.

Definitely going to have to raid the old folks home after sacking a quarter of my list.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

3 double jumps (gently caress you Brett) but all my oldsters died. I guess they get less important as the core team improves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Slightly disappointed. No double jumps, though nearly every youth got a +1.

Gotta raid the nursing home again before the season starts :corsair: