Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

fits my needs posted:

so like, brown moses turned modding in d&d and looking up wikipedia articles/google maps into a lucrative intelligence consulting career.

he's not consulting he's helping them launder stuff and shape narratives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/stavvybaby/status/1392545679873093637/photo/1

stavros looking good

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
under that shirt are some primo Baltimore areolas

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Victory Position posted:

people keep describing them as hysterical or over the top but I have never gotten that impression lmao

low key antisemitism and sexism

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fits my needs posted:

so like, brown moses turned modding in d&d and looking up wikipedia articles/google maps into a lucrative intelligence consulting career.

he helped justify the Syrian intervention, a direct cause of more deaths than any other goon yet. What a hero.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

he helped justify the Syrian intervention, a direct cause of more deaths than any other goon yet. What a hero.

all successful goon projects are strung together with a thread and promise of death

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

Victory Position posted:

strung together with a thread and promise of death
you are clearly thinking about the famous zipline

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

i say swears online posted:

it's a relief when you realize most other people are broken too

Honestly when I meet someone who appears happy with their life I assume either

a: they occupy a very privileged position in the world

b: there's something very wrong beneath the surface

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dreddout posted:

Honestly when I meet someone who appears happy with their life I assume either

a: they occupy a very privileged position in the world

b: there's something very wrong beneath the surface

mormons occupy both of these

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

corn haver posted:

you are clearly thinking about the famous zipline

I'm also thinking about the cross-country hike that one guy did and he gave up like 45 minutes into it after the wheel popped off his Red Flyer or baby carriage or whatever

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Realizing very early on that this project is doomed to failure makes it one of the most successful goon projects actually

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Victory Position posted:

I'm also thinking about the cross-country hike that one guy did and he gave up like 45 minutes into it after the wheel popped off his Red Flyer or baby carriage or whatever

as someone who's traveled thousands of miles under my own power i love this story so much lol. he reminded me of calvin trying to get to the yukon

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Victory Position posted:

i hiked farther than him as a teenager lol. up hill through a river canyon, although it was on a trail. then all across auburn until my mom came and got me and my dumbass friend.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Junkozeyne posted:

Realizing very early on that this project is doomed to failure makes it one of the most successful goon projects actually

Given that, if memory serves, he was insistent on doing this Death March through the hottest most inhospitable parts of the US in summer (and I don't think he was even planning on carrying much water with him because there are 7-11s every couple miles in the loving desert, obviously) despite everyone else screaming at him that he was an idiot and would die if he tried this, this is by far the best possible ending that could have happened.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
You fools! He sat at the feet of Hobo Jim and learned all his wayfaring wisdom!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

docbeard posted:

Given that, if memory serves, he was insistent on doing this Death March through the hottest most inhospitable parts of the US in summer (and I don't think he was even planning on carrying much water with him because there are 7-11s every couple miles in the loving desert, obviously) despite everyone else screaming at him that he was an idiot and would die if he tried this, this is by far the best possible ending that could have happened.

is this thread goldmined somewhere, I forgot all about this

edit: found it

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol

Muerte posted:

Its not about not knowing how to cook, its about I'm a very picky eater and have literally lived on pizza, hamburgers, hotwings and chips my entire life. I'm sure you think I'm exaggerating but the people who know me would attest to this statement. I'm also 6' 3" 200# so go ahead and call me fat rear end because that isn't true either.

though it doesn't have the thrilling conclusion and no pictures of his cart (????)

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
new trueanon is good

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Who do I have to suck off to get a pirate feed of time for my stories?

nevermind, remembered someone said they all get uploaded on youtube

Grevling has issued a correction as of 15:13 on May 14, 2021

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Apparently Stitcher Premium has a bug and it is a week and a month free, or Noah doesn't understand the deal or is trying to trick you. So you can subscribe now with the blowback code and finish blowback, also it has time for my stories, idk.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Might pay for one month if I ever feel guilty about stealing later on, I don't know.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Grevling posted:

Who do I have to suck off to get a pirate feed of time for my stories?

nevermind, remembered someone said they all get uploaded on youtube

they just did a wire episode that coincided with my rewatch
it really feels a very dated show, to the aughts specifically
my favourite new character tidbit i found this rewatch was how bad string is at being a money man: selling phone stock cause he thinks the market is saturated in 2004 or whenever it was lol

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Grevling posted:

Might pay for one month if I ever feel guilty about stealing later on, I don't know.

the pirate blowback feed stopped working so i might just consider it because eh why not they deserve it for a good show

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Jetto Jagga posted:

Let's make the water turn black

if I could ask god one question, it would be what were those “denizens” swimming in the piss crock

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Shipon posted:

the pirate blowback feed stopped working so i might just consider it because eh why not they deserve it for a good show

Someone mentioned that someones been uploading them to the Blowback reddit page.

Also this weeks Chapo was nice and infuriating

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

KomradeX posted:

Someone mentioned that someones been uploading them to the Blowback reddit page.

do you have a link?

it was indeed very good chapo. I’ve been mostly a month or so behind but I caught the latest one yesterday and it was good

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Xaris posted:

do you have a link?

it was indeed very good chapo. I’ve been mostly a month or so behind but I caught the latest one yesterday and it was good

This is for episode 5

https://www.reddit.com/r/blowback/comments/n99y6a/blowback_s2_episode_5_fish_is_red/

If you scroll back through the main feed you can find the other episodes

My favorite part of this Chapo episode was Matt calling Tenet the cinematic version of hostile architecture. I've been chuckling about that all day

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

r/blowback, use the mirror link in comments

efb

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Time for My Stories did the Wire this week and it is the best of the series, describing the Wire as the Obama of TV really nails something about the series.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

KomradeX posted:

That was a new low even for Bari Weiss. Absolutely rotten human being

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
These Donziger interviews are really frustrating to listen to not just because his situation is obviously a travesty and a sham, but he also seems terminally naive. The first time he was on he was saying he still believes in the legal system overall because he thinks his case is a one off, this episode he seems confused why the new york times isn't covering his cases at all. It's not a one off, it's a prototype for all cases involving real consequences for multinationals going forward. The NYT didn't just forget about you, they are the propaganda rag for a government by and for capital, of course they won't give you positive coverage. Please Mr. Donziger, take that last step so you can go on shows and just sound angry and not befuddled at the same time.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I'm watching the starz doc on that Alison mack sex cult and it's some wild poo poo esp how the cult uses the same emotional psychology talking points corporations use nowadays

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

These Donziger interviews are really frustrating to listen to not just because his situation is obviously a travesty and a sham, but he also seems terminally naive.

This is the case for a lot of center-left lawyers unfortunately.

They take a "can't happen hear!" attitude to western judicial instituitons

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

These Donziger interviews are really frustrating to listen to not just because his situation is obviously a travesty and a sham, but he also seems terminally naive. The first time he was on he was saying he still believes in the legal system overall because he thinks his case is a one off, this episode he seems confused why the new york times isn't covering his cases at all. It's not a one off, it's a prototype for all cases involving real consequences for multinationals going forward. The NYT didn't just forget about you, they are the propaganda rag for a government by and for capital, of course they won't give you positive coverage. Please Mr. Donziger, take that last step so you can go on shows and just sound angry and not befuddled at the same time.

i think a part of it is to maintain the appearance as a “perfect” victim to a neutral observer, if you’re immediately all “they’re fuckers and they’re out to get me” then liberals might think you did something deliberately and will switch off their brains and support the big guys

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
These multi-segment Chapo episodes are surprisingly good. I can't wait to see the "KKKapo Fash Louse goes mask off!" takes when they put together their anti-Zionist episode. (Just kidding, I won't read them.)

I'm glad that they're talking about courtroom dramas and Gene Hackman instead of the usual three movie topics they talk about. That said, I been saying that about Steven Seagal. "He looks like a sports mascot version of himself" is spot on. His hair looks like glued-on felt, his skin looks like neoprene, and I'm not sure if he's actually obese or if there's just a plastic frame underneath his voluminous coat.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I demand more chapo reading series. Just do a podcast that's hours of hot takes thread content cowards

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Jel Shaker posted:

i think a part of it is to maintain the appearance as a “perfect” victim to a neutral observer, if you’re immediately all “they’re fuckers and they’re out to get me” then liberals might think you did something deliberately and will switch off their brains and support the big guys

yeah i assume it’s something like this, where he knows anything remotely crank-like will be amplified and make things worse

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Jel Shaker posted:

I do hope that's the case, but I fear it's this:

Dreddout posted:

This is the case for a lot of center-left lawyers unfortunately.

They take a "can't happen hear!" attitude to western judicial instituitons

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Shipon posted:

That was a new low even for Bari Weiss. Absolutely rotten human being

I love that everything she wrote about would be true if she was being sympathetic to the Palestinians like every point she makes is true for them and hilariously self victimizing when applying it to Israelis. Christ even the cowering in bunkers, Palestinians in Gaza can't even do that because Israel calls construction material contraband. Im not even sure how there's anything left to bomb in Gaza since it can't seem to get fixed.

loving Israelis gather on hilltops to watch Gaza get bombed, how loving scared of piss rockets and the occasional Katyusha can they be when that's a past time for these people. Its loving infuriating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
What's happening to Donziger isn't unprecedented, but the only parallel that comes to mind is like 19th century union busting where they just let coal companies run the court system and make union membership a capital offense.