Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I didn’t watch Raw but this doesn’t feel all that far fetched to me, what segment was better?

it was total dog poo poo. every raw the past two months is more miserable than the last its really something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY_sAs2O9BE

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I wasn't a fan of Big Evil, but it was a step up from face Bikertaker. I liked it at the time because brum brum big scary man on motorbike, but going back and watching it it was super cringe.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

D.N. Nation posted:

I had tuned out by then, but man, the unified belt going from the lackluster Jericho reign -> returning Trips (but he's banged up again) -> Hogan -> Undertaker.....ugh. Can't imagine the product having any momentum
It was a super weird Rube Goldberg chain of events.

Jericho won the undisputed title(s) in part to cement him as a main eventer after a number of false starts, though of course that required him to lose clean to Austin/Rock/Angle in the build and then only win against Rock and Austin because of two separate NWO run-ins.

But it was also to put the title on a heel separate from the NWO stuff so that Triple H could come back as a triumphant babyface at Wrestlemania and win the title. But they vastly overestimated how over HHH would be as a triumphant babyface and stumbled into that huge Hulk Hogan nostalgia pop at Wrestlemania so they switched the Backlash main event from Undertaker to Hogan in April and gave him the belt in a decision they made the day of the show. They also seem to have decided to have Hogan drop it to Undertaker in short order, which was probably the "long term" plan originally.

I honestly don't know if the Rock thing was always planned for his narrow window between movig gigs or one of those panic decisions where Austin had suddenly left and they realized Hogan wasn't really performing at a top level and the other five people they had recently pushed as main eventers (HHH, Undertaker, Jericho, Angle) were all heels, so they inserted Rocky in there to put over Lesnar at Summerslam. Or maybe given the matches a few months later, Undertaker just didn't want to put over Lesnar in 2002.

I suspect the plan as of the brand split was Dominant Babyface Triple H going up against Rookie Monster Heel Lesnar, though I may be misremembering/passing along internet rumors.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I didn’t watch Raw but this doesn’t feel all that far fetched to me, what segment was better?

If a Eva Maria promo segment is the highlight or best part of a 3 hour show there is something really wrong.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

There is, without question, something really wrong.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lol Zelina

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thea Scabidad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WWE post-Mania 18 was kinda a wild title scene, they panicked into putting the title on Hogan because of the huge mania pop, and then panicked into taking it off him again because it turns out nostalgia pops wear off pretty quick

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Zelina was the last person Asuka successfully defended the Raw Women's Championship against, lol

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Maybe people are finally ready for Asuka

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Maybe Thea is back as AJ Lee for another film shoot

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I've been catching the last 10-20 minutes of Raw after we close up the kitchen at work, and it's always the exact same poo poo between Braun, Drew and Lashley for the last month. Completely interchangeable. Two of the three have a bad match. The third interferes and there's some dumb schmozz. It's so loving bad.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I showed my spouse the "you're LAST" Goldberg promo and his subsequent Goldberg'ing of Brock Lesnar in 2016, and it brought so much joy to my heart. Old wrestledad being a superhero one more time, hugging random kids in the audience and parading his own son around while his wife teared up. That was incredibly feel-good and I'm glad Goldberg never wrestled again.

E: autocorrect :argh:

Shine fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 13, 2021

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Rarity posted:

Lol Zelina

I feel like this is a good moment for me to apologize to CM Punk. After his brief stint on that one show, I was certain he'd have re-signed by now and was prepared to say mean things about him on here. But it seems like he hosed off again and limits his contact with WWE to the occasional ice burn on Twitter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

nah gently caress CM Punk all day.

I believe he was offered money for a fulltime gig again but turned it down. Same with AEW. The money just wasn't where he wanted it for the hassle.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

coconono posted:

nah gently caress CM Punk all day.

I believe he was offered money for a fulltime gig again but turned it down. Same with AEW. The money just wasn't where he wanted it for the hassle.

You gotta figure his best best would have been AEW when Dynamite first started. AEW has proven they can make stars since, and he is 7 years removed from WWE now and becoming more of a distant memory.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CopywrightMMXI posted:

You gotta figure his best best would have been AEW when Dynamite first started. AEW has proven they can make stars since, and he is 7 years removed from WWE now and becoming more of a distant memory.

a lot of wrestlers were very skeptical of aew's chances early on

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He also could've showed up at pretty much any time after AEW started and been a big enough deal.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1392894768917618689?s=20

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Well she’ll probably get paid to do absolutely nothing, so I guess that’s better than not getting paid to do absolutely nothing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

He also could've showed up at pretty much any time after AEW started and been a big enough deal.

other than he's loathed by most of the locker room.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder if it was money or no interest as reasons why she didn’t sign with another company.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I guess Aleister must have a lot of time left on his contract

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

wrestlers talking about unionization is just the new way to work the marks

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder if it was money or no interest as reasons why she didn’t sign with another company.

"re-sign or else your husband gets more garth marenghi's darkplace skits"

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

TV Zombie posted:

Unless she got a carve out for onlyfans, twitch etc I wonder how much more money they offered. Being free to do those outside the WWE expands your potential with them massively.

Other top reason is sign and your husband isn't stuck in catering forever (we will let him out every 3 months for 2 shows)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

her 90 days wasn't up so she couldn't negotiate, right?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

coconono posted:

Was up in like February.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

She was fired in November, it's been up since the beginning of February and nobody else wanted her it seems

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

coconono posted:

other than he's loathed by most of the locker room.

Is he? AEW seems like it would lose its poo poo to pick up Punk. Not because I think 7 year ring rust CM Punk will do a whole lot, but it'll generate buzz/clicks/TV ratings.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I’m sure everyone is dark order wants the guy who sued colt

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Matmenpodcast/status/1392923252364759042?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SonicRulez posted:

Is he? AEW seems like it would lose its poo poo to pick up Punk. Not because I think 7 year ring rust CM Punk will do a whole lot, but it'll generate buzz/clicks/TV ratings.

CM Punk's value to AEW peaked when the company started and now it just drops every week they run a good show that gets their own people more over.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I thought it was weird her Twitch hadn't been active for a pretty long time. I guess the offers she was hoping for weren't coming in. :smith:

That loving sucks, cause you know she's going to be treated like absolute poo poo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Chris James 2 posted:

She was fired in November, it's been up since the beginning of February and nobody else wanted her it seems

I can't imagine no one at all wanted Zelina. She came out of the WWE red hot, her manager / mic skills are ace and her stable of hunky dudes was one of the few highlights in the company last year, she's solid enough in the ring...

I think there's more to the story that we don't know and probably won't know for a while, if ever.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's not like any other company is going to want someone around who's gonna get their wrestlers unionising

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

WWE has the memory of a goldfish.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Kross is boring as hell and there are a bunch of way better guys to have in his spot. Someone show Scarlett to Vince so he can call them both up then forget about Kross in a month.

I feel like Kross & Scarlett should be treated like Miro & Lana were treated and Miro & Lana should have been treated like Kross & Scarlett are treated, if that makes sense (it does not)

(Well I guess no one should be treated like Miro & Lana were treated but still)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

It's not like any other company is going to want someone around who's gonna get their wrestlers unionising