Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: Cisco Umbrella now blocks SA because "weapons"

They found the Pumpkin Defense archived thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We’re weaponizing yospos

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm stealing office supplies as revenge

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

TMMadman posted:

Where's the $600 you still owe me Joe?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

So several state employees in Texas is now being informed that they're expected to be in person at the office. Rumors is that the governor is mandating it.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

give me the full thickness

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Iron Crowned posted:

drat we really got to change that logo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fosborb posted:

drat we really got to change that logo

thin blue line punisher skull (the blue is for mods)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Work from home is over. Time to pay the gas tithes and breath in the roni so your middle manager can bother you about dumb bullshit every day because it's very obvious their job is uneccessary.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

all mods need a black bar over their username to signify mourning for vilerat

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
10 of the 30 people in the ED right now are teens for psyche eval. We didn't open biden fast enough. We were too late. We didn't listen!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

JUST IN: President Duterte has placed NCR Plus areas (Metro Manila, Bulacan, Rizal, Laguna, and Cavite) under general community quarantine "with heightened restrictions" from May 15 to 31, 2021. | via Alexis Romero

ALLOWED

• Only essential travel into and out of the NCR Plus shall be allowed.

• Public transportation shall remain operational at such capacities and protocols in accordance with the Department of Transportation guidelines while the use of active transportation shall be promoted.

Indoor dine-in services in NCR Plus shall be at 20% venue or seating capacity while outdoor or al fresco dining shall be at 50% venue or seating capacity.

• Outdoor tourist attractions in the NCR Plus may be opened at 30% with strict adherence to minimum public health standards.

• Also allowed are specialized markets of the Department of Tourism (DOT) following the minimum public health standards and implementation of protocols and restrictions as set by the DOT.

• Religious gatherings and gatherings for necrological services, wakes, inurnment and funerals for those who died of causes other than COVID-19 in NCR Plus shall be allowed up to 10% of the venue capacity.

• Also continued to be allowed are non-contact sports in outdoor contact sports, games, scrimmages; and personal care services that allow for services not requiring mask removal, such as salons, parlors, beauty clinics, etc at 30% capacity.

• Individuals, 18-65 years of age, can leave their places of residence in GCQ areas with heightened restrictions.

NOT ALLOWED

• Entertainment venues, such as bars, concert halls, theaters, etc; recreational venues, such as internet cafes, billiards halls, arcades, etc; amusement parks, fairs, playgrounds, kiddie rides; indoor sports courts and venues and indoor tourist attractions; venues for meetings, conferences, exhibitions shall not be allowed in GCQ areas with heightened restrictions.

• Interzonal travel from NCR Plus areas, except those conducted by Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APORs), shall remain prohibited in GCQ areas with heightened restrictions.

lol

lmao

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Asproigerosis posted:

Work from home is over. Time to pay the gas tithes and breath in the roni so your middle manager can bother you about dumb bullshit every day because it's very obvious their job is uneccessary.

smdh at the managers who don't realize Skype for Business + making people share their screens as part of a "process confirm" is far more invasive dumb bullshit

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Iron Crowned posted:

SA is a powerful weapon in the psychic war. Gird your mind before you dare enter the hallowed posting halls filled with the spirits of communism's failure.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Cisco Umbrella

:thunk:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
A lot of people are completely convinced that if they are vaccinated they will almost surely not get COVID and on the off chance they do get COVID it'll be no worse than a minor cold and there is zero chance of it being any worse than that and I don't wanna jump to conclusions or anything but I think our public messaging might be poo poo.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Thoguh posted:

A lot of people are completely convinced that if they are vaccinated they will almost surely not get COVID and on the off chance they do get COVID it'll be no worse than a minor cold and there is zero chance of it being any worse than that and I don't wanna jump to conclusions or anything but I think our public messaging might be poo poo.
"open biden"

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Are the statistics of approx. 0.002% vaccinated hospitalization rates not accurate?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
It's 200% hospitalization rate for all vaxxers. You only leave the hospital in a body bag after you get the juice. Big media is hiding the story.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Are the statistics of approx. 0.002% vaccinated hospitalization rates not accurate?

Nate Silver account spotted.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

quote:

GREENVILLE, S.C. —
Students in public schools in South Carolina are not required to wear a mask unless on a school bus, according to the South Carolina Department of Education.

:abrathink:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Iron Crowned posted:

It's been that way for years, I wonder if your employer just didn't have that category enabled or something.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Nashville area NewsChannel5 posted:

“You’ll still have COVID, and you will until the vaccination rate gets way, way up there, that will linger in places, but you can’t shut down the economy over that," [Mayor] Cooper said. "Everybody should get a vaccination and that’s the key to our future."
https://www.newschannel5.com/rebound/nashville-is-open-for-business-mayor-john-cooper-discusses-reopening-vaccinations

These people never explicitly say "and there will still be people who die"

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Hello, my name is Mark and I'll be your surgeon this evening. I'm Deloitted to serve you.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Million dollar lottery sounds cool but this is way better

https://twitter.com/janeadamsid/status/1392809701902110720?s=21

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Nate Silver account spotted.

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up about how every single number is made up and wrong.

The CDC says breakthrough rates will be undercounted, so I won't even speak to their numbers. Do you have a source that describes how bad breakthrough cases really are?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

It's been that way for years, I wonder if your employer just didn't have that category enabled or something.

Probably, because I was poo poo posting on the work computer yesterday.

I know it was formerly classified as "tasteless" at an old employer

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up about how every single number is made up and wrong.

The CDC says breakthrough rates will be undercounted, so I won't even speak to their numbers. Do you have a source that describes how bad breakthrough cases really are?

I thought you were making a joke post with the 0.002 thing because we make fun of that so much.

They got that number by just taking the total number of documented breakthrough cases and dividing it by the current number of vaccinated people. Which is very much not how you would calculate effectiveness percentages. The two big issues being that you can't just look at total numbers, you have to look at the rate for vaccinated people vs the rate for unvaccinated people and also that a huge percentage of the total number of vaccinated people only became vaccinated very recently.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The source on this is my butt.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

its not really informative of personal risk, which is going to depend on community spread, your actions, and your comorbidities

vaccines clearly work, even in extremely vulnerable populations like nursing homes that have... far higher rates than 0.002%:

telling a bunch of 80 year olds that the risk of hospitalization after vaccination is 0.002% is a good way to kill a lot of 80 year olds

e: oh yeah that's the 5800 breakthrough number. yeah, that's significantly undercounted. they don't even ask if you've been vaccinated at the covid testing sites

fosborb has issued a correction as of 17:19 on May 13, 2021

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fosborb posted:

its not really informative of personal risk, which is going to depend on community spread, your actions, and your comorbidities

vaccines clearly work, even in extremely vulnerable populations like nursing homes that have... far higher rates than 0.002%:

telling a bunch of 80 year olds that the risk of hospitalization after vaccination is 0.002% is a good way to kill a lot of 80 year olds

Also just to be clear the 0.002% thing is completely made up bullshit for anyone regardless of age or health and is a straight up copy/paste of the "The flu kills more people" stuff that anti-maskers were saying last February and March.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Thank you for the clarifications!

I'm going to stay safe and also make sure I don't live in a nursing home.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Thank you for the clarifications!

I'm going to stay safe and also make sure I don't live in a nursing home.

I'd also, like, not drink a can of covid either

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

mistermojo posted:

I've been reading a memoir on the AIDS epidemic and its insane how horrible it and the government response were. just total cruelty

Yeah def. Hey what happened to the cdc guy in charge of that.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

fosborb posted:

I'd also, like, not drink a can of covid either

Because of the aspartame right?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Epic High Five posted:

thin blue line punisher skull (the blue is for mods)
found it:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ram dass in hell posted:

I assume it was justifiably the end of his career and he never showed his face in public again :)

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Million dollar lottery sounds cool but this is way better

https://twitter.com/janeadamsid/status/1392809701902110720?s=21

lol vaccine fatality rate gonna skyrocket

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ram dass in hell posted:

got fired im sure, no way they'd let him be in a position of responsibility the next time something like that hap-hold on, someone's handing me a note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

just read about the black fungus and wish I hadn't